The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Reach (From local to Viral)

Idea threads

Renji

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 8, 2020
Germany
The problem:
The current land of social media Apps are creating a bubble. You get information about areas that you are already aware of, or that confirm biases that you already have. Its easy to think we are connected even tho we are only seeing what an algorithm tells us.

The current alternative is not better. Without AI algorithms or in case of Tiktok real people generating what lands in our feed and what not we would end up with more information than one person alone can process. Information that is not even relevant or holds a connection to our lives most of the times.

The Solution: Reach
A location based social media feed that is mostly text based but with the ability to add links and potentially images similar to Reddit. The viewers are able with an easy UI to select the relevance of a post (Helpful, Kind, Funny, Effort, Productive discussion, Article has good sources, Unique etc.) or how the topic is irrelevant (Hatefull, Spam, False Claims, Lack of proof, Hidden self advertisement etc.)

Posts start a fixed local radius of people that can see the post. The more people positively vote for the post or interact in a positive way, the bigger the radius of people that can see the post grows.

Every post has a chance of going viral if it is perceived as valuable by the users.

Aside from a location based feed a topic based feed like in Reddit is also possible alongside this. This feed limits the information to information about a certain topic while still keeping the value based vitality level in mind.

Who
I am experienced in App and Web Development alike as well as Backend and creating an App in the Similar Area of location based information. Which means I have the ability to develop a prototype myself. I would hover be interrested to talk this idea further with people with the skillsets in the area of business, design and marketing.

Additional Problems this could help with
  • Valuable posts (news, discussions, humor etc) have a more natural chance of going viral, even beyond the own circles)
  • Our world is getting more and more global while local communities struggle to grow
  • Fake news (at lease with lack of prrof) has a chance of beeing rooted out due community based moderation beeing a fundamental part of the app.
  • Content creator have a local and quick way to get feedback on their posts, and a chance of Virality if the content is high quality.
Question
What do you think?
Is this an Idea worth pursuing?
Would you use such an app?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Victory!

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jul 27, 2022
What's your plan for monetization?

The idea is cool, it reminds me of Yik Yak (Yik Yak - Wikipedia). I recommend reading up on Yik Yak and its history. The concept was similar and it was a very popular in the US around 2014/2015.

They failed to monetize and the app started to go down hill when they removed the anonymous aspect of it.

Renji

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 8, 2020
Germany
What's your plan for monetization?

The idea is cool, it reminds me of Yik Yak (Yik Yak - Wikipedia). I recommend reading up on Yik Yak and its history. The concept was similar and it was a very popular in the US around 2014/2015.

They failed to monetize and the app started to go down hill when they removed the anonymous aspect of it.
Thank you for recommending this. I am actually aware of yik yak. As far as I understood it had problems even before stoping anonymity becaus of lack of moderation until it was to late.

Monetization can be implementen in one way by advertisement. Ads that just like posts have the potential to grow viral when they are perceived as valuable.

Aside from this it is always possible to look at apps like reddit for inspiration. Allow users to show their supporter status for example.

The goal of the app is to grow a healthy community to spread value and content.
Beeing a supporter allone can let people grow in value as well.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
The problem:
The current land of social media Apps are creating a bubble. You get information about areas that you are already aware of, or that confirm biases that you already have. Its easy to think we are connected even tho we are only seeing what an algorithm tells us.

The current alternative is not better. Without AI algorithms or in case of Tiktok real people generating what lands in our feed and what not we would end up with more information than one person alone can process. Information that is not even relevant or holds a connection to our lives most of the times.

The Solution: Reach
A location based social media feed that is mostly text based but with the ability to add links and potentially images similar to Reddit. The viewers are able with an easy UI to select the relevance of a post (Helpful, Kind, Funny, Effort, Productive discussion, Article has good sources, Unique etc.) or how the topic is irrelevant (Hatefull, Spam, False Claims, Lack of proof, Hidden self advertisement etc.)

Posts start a fixed local radius of people that can see the post. The more people positively vote for the post or interact in a positive way, the bigger the radius of people that can see the post grows.

Every post has a chance of going viral if it is perceived as valuable by the users.

Aside from a location based feed a topic based feed like in Reddit is also possible alongside this. This feed limits the information to information about a certain topic while still keeping the value based vitality level in mind.

Who
I am experienced in App and Web Development alike as well as Backend and creating an App in the Similar Area of location based information. Which means I have the ability to develop a prototype myself. I would hover be interrested to talk this idea further with people with the skillsets in the area of business, design and marketing.

Additional Problems this could help with
  • Valuable posts (news, discussions, humor etc) have a more natural chance of going viral, even beyond the own circles)
  • Our world is getting more and more global while local communities struggle to grow
  • Fake news (at lease with lack of prrof) has a chance of beeing rooted out due community based moderation beeing a fundamental part of the app.
  • Content creator have a local and quick way to get feedback on their posts, and a chance of Virality if the content is high quality.
Question
What do you think?
Is this an Idea worth pursuing?
Would you use such an app?
The challenging part of this is how do you get the first X amount of users? The attractive part of social media is that there are other people. If there are no people at first what's your plan?
This is why network business are harder. If you have a service like lawn mowing, the first person you show up to cut their grass, you are creating value. For the very early people to a network app there is minimal value.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Renji

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 8, 2020
Germany
The challenging part of this is how do you get the first X amount of users? The attractive part of social media is that there are other people. If there are no people at first what's your plan?
This is why network business are harder. If you have a service like lawn mowing, the first person you show up to cut their grass, you are creating value. For the very early people to a network app there is minimal value.
You're right That's the most challenging part. There is nowadays models like Clubhouse that have a potential to let your app grow organically. Especially since the App has the humanitarian goal to let content that has value for others go far. A marketing of this direction could be possible.

This however is a question that is hard to answer definitive without starting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.