The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
This story makes it sound like anyone using Freelancers has probably hired North Korean hackers. I assume the story is true, but everything seems like a war on small businesses lately:

"The Justice Department said Wednesday that IT workers dispatched and contracted by North Korea to work remotely with companies in St. Louis and elsewhere in the US have been using false identities to get the jobs. The money they earned was funneled to the North Korean weapons program, FBI leaders said at a news conference in St. Louis."

"Jay Greenberg, special agent in charge of the St. Louis FBI office, said any company that hired freelance IT workers "more than likely" hired someone participating in the scheme. An FBI spokeswoman said Thursday that the North Koreans contracted with companies across the US and in some other countries."
Yea but do they do the work that you hired them to do?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Strategery

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jun 25, 2019

OMDA

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Dec 21, 2017
FL
I got hit by a double whammy this week:

• Back tweak. This happens to be occasionally. I think I know a solution to fix an imbalance to stop it from happening. Usually bothers me for <2 weeks then I'm back to lifting normal heavy weights. I have new exercises to try but I'm not ready because I also got...
  • Hand, foot, and mouth disease. I think I got this from my fiancee, who teaches kids. It sucks. Really badly. In and out of fever, sores on fingers that make it painful to flex into a fist. Weeping sores on my nostrils, ears. Slightly sore throat. Constant out-of-it sensation. Can't really go out in public due to possibility of infecting others and just my appearance (it could be a lot worse but if you took a good look at me you would know something really isn't right).

Put the two together and I'm feeling like I'll have a new appreciation for life once they both clear up. It is a struggle just to get out of bed and get moving, and suffering is kind of constant from either the back pain or the constant itching/swollen sensation from all the HFaM sores.

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
This week I've sent one email per day to my list gearing up for my latest product release...

And I've gotten a few emails from people screaming bloody murder because I'm annoying them with way too many emails. (They want one a week max)

It absolutely kills me :rofl:

If they only knew that more emails = more sales and LESS unsubscribes

In fact, my super annoying 1 email a day launch sequence resulted in record sales during the launch yesterday.

Don't let the small, vocal minority talk you out of sending emails folks.

(Or doing anything for that matter)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Gee, I'm not sure if I should approve this new member.

1697899840620.png

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Last edited:

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
May 9, 2021
Does anyone know of a pagebuilder that can export to HTML/CSS?

I've tried a few and they suck.

I'm starting to think it would be easier to code by hand.
I believe webflow does just that, figma may also do code export as well now.

luminis_

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Aug 27, 2022
+1 for webflow - it's slightly pricier but you pay for the convenience of being able to build quickly and export the code anytime

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
+1 for webflow - it's slightly pricier but you pay for the convenience of being able to build quickly and export the code anytime

Thanks for the recommendation!

I've gone and hardcoded it, got everything in, just need to tidy up some CSS and I'll be good to go.

It's probably a useful skill to have so I'm glad I went and did it.

Its got a pretty ridiculous score on Google Pagespeed Insights, which is part of what I wanted.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Not too long ago, my cousins and I cleaned up their neighbours overgrown forest of a backyard.

There were trees, bushes standing 10 ft tall, and more.

Hasn’t been trimmed in over 20+ years.

We decided to do it for free; it took 6 people, electric tools, bloody hands, dirty gloves, blisters, sweat, ancient dirt flying at you, and 2 hours of gruesome work.

But finally, after pulling out everything, cutting out 11 ft high dead trees, and more.

We cleared out everything. We could finally see the sun.

The space was only 200 sq ft big, the garage on the other side was invisible.

We had fun, I counted it as one of my first “landscaping contracts”

Guess what? Today I got 20 bucks in my mailbox.

If I kept reading about how to landscape, I wouldn’t know what I know now, and I wouldn’t have made what I have made.

+$20, +500 points of experience, +1 more memory, but most importantly, +1 happier person.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Not too long ago, my cousins and I cleaned up their neighbours overgrown forest of a backyard.

There were trees, bushes standing 10 ft tall, and more.

Hasn’t been trimmed in over 20+ years.

We decided to do it for free; it took 6 people, electric tools, bloody hands, dirty gloves, blisters, sweat, ancient dirt flying at you, and 2 hours of gruesome work.

But finally, after pulling out everything, cutting out 11 ft high dead trees, and more.

We cleared out everything. We could finally see the sun.

The space was only 200 sq ft big, the garage on the other side was invisible.

We had fun, I counted it as one of my first “landscaping contracts”

Guess what? Today I got 20 bucks in my mailbox.

If I kept reading about how to landscape, I wouldn’t know what I know now, and I wouldn’t have made what I have made.

+$20, +500 points of experience, +1 more memory, but most importantly, +1 happier person.
Here are the before and after pictures:

Attachments

• Resized_20230916_154655.jpeg
    Resized_20230916_154655.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Resized_20230916_115439.jpeg
    Resized_20230916_115439.jpeg
    509.5 KB · Views: 24

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
I noticed that during 11:30-2:30 I am really unproductive; I installed an app, and I found out that it’s just my energy dips and rises.

Everyone is different, my mom doesn’t enjoy working early in the morning, but that’s one of my peak times.

I have a morning peak, afternoon dip, and a evening peak.

I felt really tired today at 12, looked at it and turned out I was at an expected lowest dip.

At 2:30 I began to feel a little productive, so I went on a walk, and it began to climb.

At around 5:15-5:30, I was at my evening peak, so I sat down, and went into focused mode so easily, I got a ton of work done.

I had attempted to do work previously, at 12, but could not focus at all.

Remember, 1 hour of productive work is better than 20 hours of “work”.

If anyone’s interested, the apps called Rise. I got 7 days free and fell in love.

(not a sponsorship, just as a “Fastlane” member, I value time, work and sleep. I’d much rather work at most productive time, and balance everything out rather than sacrificing sleep for “work”)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I noticed that during 11:30-2:30 I am really unproductive; I installed an app, and I found out that it’s just my energy dips and rises.

Everyone is different, my mom doesn’t enjoy working early in the morning, but that’s one of my peak times.

I have a morning peak, afternoon dip, and a evening peak.

I felt really tired today at 12, looked at it and turned out I was at an expected lowest dip.

At 2:30 I began to feel a little productive, so I went on a walk, and it began to climb.

At around 5:15-5:30, I was at my evening peak, so I sat down, and went into focused mode so easily, I got a ton of work done.

I had attempted to do work previously, at 12, but could not focus at all.

Remember, 1 hour of productive work is better than 20 hours of “work”.

If anyone’s interested, the apps called Rise. I got 7 days free and fell in love.

(not a sponsorship, just as a “Fastlane” member, I value time, work and sleep. I’d much rather work at most productive time, and balance everything out rather than sacrificing sleep for “work”)
What time do you have lunch?

If it has a lot of carbs and is exceptionally heavy...that could contribute to the afternoon downturn.
Here in Malaysia, that has kinda become endemic :happy:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
What time do you have lunch?

If it has a lot of carbs and is exceptionally heavy...that could contribute to the afternoon downturn.
Here in Malaysia, that has kinda become endemic :happy:
It’s sporadic. But normally around 11:45-12:30: and it depends, normally it’s medium to high carb intake, but even when it’s low, or I haven’t had lunch yet I still get tired.

It has something to do with my circadian rhythm. I was just recently in my peak for today, I carved a pumpkin, baked, built stuff and played. I’m beginning to dip even though I haven’t had lunch yet. That’s why im going to take Power Nap soon.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It’s sporadic. But normally around 11:45-12:30: and it depends, normally it’s medium to high carb intake, but even when it’s low, or I haven’t had lunch yet I still get tired.

It has something to do with my circadian rhythm. I was just recently in my peak for today, I carved a pumpkin, baked, built stuff and played. I’m beginning to dip even though I haven’t had lunch yet. That’s why im going to take Power Nap soon.
This just doesn't feel right. You are young and in high school or college right? You shouldn't have low energy at noon time, especially if you didn't have a high carb lunch yet. What do you have for breakfast?

Are you getting enough sleep at night?

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
This just doesn't feel right. You are young and in high school or college right?
Not even in highschool yet.
You shouldn't have low energy at noon time, especially if you didn't have a high carb lunch yet. What do you have for breakfast?
It varies. Sometimes it’s eggs, sometimes toast with pb&j. Sometimes it’s waffles.
Are you getting enough sleep at night?
Uhh, most of the nights I get below 8 hours, but even the nights where I get 8-8.5, I’m still sleepy at noon.

Maybe sleepy isn’t the right word, I feel more tired, but not tired tired.

Its almost like my brain needs a break.

Even at school, my first two periods I breeze through, than the third one comes and I get so lazy.

Than after my 4th period, it begins to come back.

I might have some sort of sleeping problem, I don’t know, but I schedule my day more or less like that schedule (sometimes it helps if I go for a walk, meditate, relax or something during my “dips”)

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Modern government has taken the place of Religion. There is no place in the modern world for the old gods. It is now the religion of the WHO, the WEF, big government, climate change.

The religion of "trust the science", which in actuality is not even science at all since there is no such thing as settled science. The religion of "trust the experts". Who are the experts? The ones which WE say are the experts.

Welcome to the modern world. Outsource your thinking to us. We know best.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Modern government has taken the place of Religion. There is no place in the modern world for the old gods. It is now the religion of the WHO, the WEF, big government, climate change.

The religion of "trust the science", which in actuality is not even science at all since there is no such thing as settled science. The religion of "trust the experts". Who are the experts? The ones which WE say are the experts.

Welcome to the modern world. Outsource your thinking to us. We know best.
Be careful, though... this line of thinking can tend to turn into "my ignorance is as good as your knowledge" which is also bad.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
my ignorance is as good as your knowledge

Sorry, but I look at it as "my unsanctioned and censored expert with no conflict of interest is better than your expert with conflicts."

Sums up the last 3 years.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Sorry, but I look at it as "my unsanctioned and censored expert with no conflict of interest is better than your expert with conflicts."

Sums up the last 3 years.
100% agree with this as well. It's a tricky middle ground.

Someone I graduated from high school with has somehow become -- in absolute sincerity, not as a joke -- a flat earther. She would do well to listen to scientists instead of whatever rabbit hole of information she discovered.

Other folks, of course, get their facts only from mass media. They would do well to not listen to those "experts" so much.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Someone I graduated from high school with has somehow become -- in absolute sincerity, not as a joke -- a flat earther. She would do well to listen to scientists instead of whatever rabbit hole of information she discovered.

Other folks, of course, get their facts only from mass media. They would do well to not listen to those "experts" so much.
So what you're saying is the earth isn't flat? Seriously? How do you know?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
So what you're saying is the earth isn't flat? Seriously?

I walk and drive and it’s flat. No matter what the “experts” tell you, it’s flat. You can see it for yourself.

:rolleyes:

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada

The earth is clearly flat. If it had curve you would see it when you were on an airplane, and you don't. Check mate.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
I walk and drive and it’s flat. No matter what the “experts” tell you, it’s flat. You can see it for yourself.

:rolleyes:
And there's no reasoning someone out of that kind of belief, at least not that I've found. For every bit of evidence you provide, they can provide plenty of online posts/videos/sites stating the opposite. And they don't have the actual scientific reasoning (or even just basic internet sleuthing skills) to work their way out of it either. Of course, the algorithms feed them more of what they previously viewed or interacted with, too, so that compounds the issue.

DCG

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 15, 2022
The earth is clearly flat. If it had curve you would see it when you were on an airplane, and you don't. Check mate.
Yeah and when you go to space, NASA actually makes a giant holagram that makes the earth go round, smh.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yeah and when you go to space, NASA actually makes a giant holagram that makes the earth go round, smh.
Do you believe everything you're told?

I have no problem with anybody that wants to believe we live on a ball. That’s their choice. The round earth theory stuff is such an appeal to authority. People acting like the science is settled is getting old. It isn't settled. Never was.

The existence of space is even debatable.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Do you believe everything you're told?

I have no problem with anybody that wants to believe we live on a ball. That’s their choice. The round earth theory stuff is such an appeal to authority. People acting like the science is settled is getting old. It isn't settled. Never was.

The existence of space is even debatable.
Please tell me this is a joke... I'm jaded from my classmate believing this.....

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Please tell me this is a joke... I'm jaded from my classmate believing this.....

Is arrogance your only argument? I am still waiting for someone to explain why they believe they live on a ball without the reasoning being that some "scientists" said so.

I think as this discussion develops you're going to find a number of fastlaners reject ball earth for a very scientific lack of credible data.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.