The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Could the summit be attended on invite only basis? Not invited not attend. Since MJ incurs some costs, could the attendees take more responsibility for their attendance in someway.

Invite, see who is willing to attend, then see who is willing to foot some of the bills in advance so that even if he or she cancels, the bills will have been paid.

Just something that leverages responsibility and cost.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
ChatGPT can be a damned slave. The thing is a robot.

WWrite for me this.

It does.

Make a list of all these.

It does.

Provide examples and explanations for all these.

It does.

When the printing press came, book production became easier and information came out faster and larger every passing day.

When the Internet came information was largely democratised. Gradually, Google became an enormous library.

Computers made it possible to type straight and print. But your typing speed was a constraint.

Now ChatGPT has radically reduced search time and accelerated typing time.

ChatGPT make the content list for a book of English to be used in high school. It types them in seconds.

ChatGPT write an exercise for practising how to use verbs to talk about oneself. It does it in a blink.

We humans only move to a higher level of thinking about how will use the flood of information we have. For teachers, ChatGPT has much of the content, our job higher now. We focus on how the content is packaged, sequenced, dosed, disseminated with the most ROI.

In short, life becomes easier.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I have been considering to just fully use chatgpt for my writing job. Even 3.5 writes better blog articles than me and in like a 100th of the time.

Still I feel bad about it since I feel like I am ripping the guy who I work for off. On the other hand it's a win win. I don't F*cking know.
Still I am slowly getting tired of writing 5k word seo articles about each different synonym for "hard skills" in German.

Would using chatgpt to write the texts and then just fixing them up a bit make me a bad person or freelancer ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I have been considering to just fully use chatgpt for my writing job. Even 3.5 writes better blog articles than me and in like a 100th of the time.

Still I feel bad about it since I feel like I am ripping the guy who I work for off. On the other hand it's a win win. I don't F*cking know.
Still I am slowly getting tired of writing 5k word seo articles about each different synonym for "hard skills" in German.

Would using chatgpt to write the texts and then just fixing them up a bit make me a bad person or freelancer ?
The guy is paying for output and results, not for input. Maybe you should even charge more because you're so fast at delivering now?

If I use a tool to bulk create thousands of Google Ads in minutes instead of doing them individually by hand over 2 weeks then should I charge less because it took me less time, or should I charge more because the client didn't have to wait as long for the campaigns to go live?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Why do I have to contact the City to find out where to dispose of old gasoline and why do I have to transport old gasoline to a special fancy hazardous waste center all the way on the other side of town to get rid of it?

Someone please solve this problem. This is stupid.

This guy gets it...

Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
340479204_160859396577494_7002708649814374017_n.jpg

G

Guest-5ty5s4

@Kak your less formal meetup made sense to me. The tickets were cheaper that way too since you weren't on the hook for a whole bunch of reservations, so that meant more people could attend. And everyone could make their own travel arrangements. I understand for @MJ DeMarco 's brand he would need a more formal venue and better quality control on the event, but perhaps another informal meetup could be arranged...

Like a 0.5 Summit? Lol

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Does anyone use the Public investment app? WeBull? I'm looking for a recommended investing app like Robinhood which is mostly mobile focused, something for beginners. Anyone recommend anything simple for a Gen Z'er?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
EPIZ7HBXkAc0I1G.jpg

Finally, a car that rivals, or even surpasses Pagani.
One of the most aggressive, wildest and radical car designs ever. Apollo Automobil's Intensa Emozione.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Every time I have to use a public washroom I am reminded that the AVERAGE IQ is 100. So half the population is lower than that. The fact that men can't even piss in a bowl properly reminds me of this constantly. Seriously. It takes ONE time using one of these things wrong to understand it results in splashing your own urine all over your pants and hands. Who repeats that mistake?

When I worked in a downtown corporate office I couldn't believe how disgusting those washrooms were. Literally every person in the building has a university degree other than the cleaners, and no knock against them they work harder than half the engineers, and they still don't know how to keep a washroom clean. It is barely even public, like the same 50 people per floor are the only ones who use it, so they are the only ones making a mess in there. It absolutely boggles my mind.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Does anyone use the Public investment app? WeBull? I'm looking for a recommended investing app like Robinhood which is mostly mobile focused, something for beginners. Anyone recommend anything simple for a Gen Z'er?

For my son’s trust fund, I use ETrade. It’s awesome on mobile.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak your less formal meetup made sense to me. The tickets were cheaper that way too since you weren't on the hook for a whole bunch of reservations, so that meant more people could attend. And everyone could make their own travel arrangements. I understand for @MJ DeMarco 's brand he would need a more formal venue and better quality control on the event, but perhaps another informal meetup could be arranged...

Like a 0.5 Summit? Lol

The event itself wasn’t less formal. We had a bunch of presentations and people sat and listened. It was the same general structure. Although, I think we forced every attendee to share something of value.

The Erie thing was totally informal. “Let’s all meet up and go to dinner” it just happened to be in another state.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
I refuse to put on an event for people who visit the forum once a year to grab a ticket and leave.
I agree. I don't think the old-school people here want to pay a ticket and sit through the speaker sessions, anyways... unless they're here because they have something to sell.

I only bought a ticket last time to help offset the costs, but we'd both agree that it would have been better for an active forum member to go. Thinking back, what I should have done is paid for a "scholarship" for another woman to go. Maybe you could allow me to buy a non-refundable ticket for a networking night, or something.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
non-compliant to the system is now considered extremism

Sad to see different parts of our country deny the very values we were founded on. It’s denying human nature and it’s weakness in itself. We all have these mechanisms as humans and they need to be controlled. It’s like conspiracy theories. Of course a lot of them are true, it’s human nature to want to expand profit, power and control and sprinkle some lies around it. But no, let’s gaslight human nature in itself LOL.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I agree. I don't think the old-school people here want to pay a ticket and sit through the speaker sessions, anyways... unless they're here because they have something to sell.

I only bought a ticket last time to help offset the costs, but we'd both agree that it would have been better for an active forum member to go. Thinking back, what I should have done is paid for a "scholarship" for another woman to go. Maybe you could allow me to buy a non-refundable ticket for a networking night, or something.

@MJ DeMarco

What if there was a set of well defined parameters that determined whether a member was active or “in hibernation.”

With this metric, you could potentially only open an event to active and loyal members. You also give someone who wishes to attend a mark they need to hit.

Essentially a habit of valuable participation. Green light.

A habit of disappearing after events or only showing up for them. Red light.

Now, I think there’s the other side of this to consider, who could we attract back to the forum more consistently with a system that rewards such participation with an invite?

Require 6+ months of active participation for an automatic invite. Of course, you could invite others that don’t meet that requirement if you want someone specific there.

Maybe this idea helps get us closer to the money on in person meetups.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I just got my GoPro 10 out of storage for the winter to charge up the batteries and stuff and get it ready to use for whatever. The last time I used it was like a year ago. It has been stored in a box in my basement.

3 of my batteries are swollen like balloons, and the only one not like this was inside the camera. They are all GoPro branded. WTF is going on? That's like $100 worth of batteries that are now useless after being charged maybe 10 times each, if that.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Interactive broker can be slightly more complicated for beginners but I would say it is worth the learning curve, if you trade frequently.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I just got my GoPro 10 out of storage for the winter to charge up the batteries and stuff and get it ready to use for whatever. The last time I used it was like a year ago. It has been stored in a box in my basement.

3 of my batteries are swollen like balloons, and the only one not like this was inside the camera. They are all GoPro branded. WTF is going on? That's like $100 worth of batteries that are now useless after being charged maybe 10 times each, if that.
I don' t know if this is of use:

TL;DR Swollen batteries are potentially dangerous and should be handled with care.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I don' t know if this is of use:

TL;DR Swollen batteries are potentially dangerous and should be handled with care.
Yes they can go boom-boom!

I had a wireless keyboard get a swollen battery and I put it in my yard on a brick in case it decided to explode as I didn't want that in my house.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Here's my take on the in-person meetups, having been to a few and having been gone from this place for a while (and I speak 0% for MJ, only my own observations):

1. The old school still hosts an annual meetup, it just has nothing to do with the forum
2. MJ was much more willing to stake this bet when the forum had a lot more givers, and a lot less takers. As he mentioned, his degree of calculated risk has everything to do with the ebb and flow of forum participation
3. If you want this place hopping (and a natural outgrowth of a healthy thriving forum is by extension interest in in-person meetups) than start to GIVE MORE and TAKE LESS and the forum will come alive again
4. Based on the activity or lackthereof I have seen coming back here, I think you could sell out a forum of people hoping to GET RICH QUICK but what has made the meetups work in the past is an all-hands-on-deck approach where the speakers fed off each other. It's not a TONY ROBBINS SHOW where there's a main attraction. It's not a seminar series where you have a bunch of headliners. The original meetups were everyone participates. The people you would want to have speak are not chimps that you give a peanut and they clap the symbols. There needs to be MUCH MORE CYNERGY for an old school type meetup to have the same value as you have read about.
5. Beyond the finances, it's a ton of work for the people who put this together to screen speakers, make arrangements, logistics, etc...
6. There's NOTHING that would prohibit you from meeting people this month in Dallas, or Tampa, or Houston, or where ever. Local meetups, although not sanctioned Fastlane Forum events, have ALWAYS been valuable for networking. Maybe start there.

Nothing's likely to happen in the immediate term. MJ's brand has been carefully managed. An event is either going to set up as a home run, or not happen. If you sold tickets NOW, 2 things would happen :
1. It would SELL OUT regardless and
2. Most of the people coming would be people you've never heard of or maybe wouldn't want to hang out with

So for those who really want a meetup in the future, INCREASE THE VALUE of the content on the Fasrlane Forum and the meetup will happen as a by-product of the success of the community. It's a heck of a lot of work, and based on what I have seen lately here you might have a tough time having a calculated ROI that makes any sense.

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
Sturgeon's law says that "ninety percent of everything is crap".

What's crazy is that the difference between the bottom 90% and the top 10% usually ends up being a pretty small difference.

For example, today I'm going through the process of hiring a developer on Upwork to do some contract work on my website.

90% of the applicants failed to fill out the screening questions, were rude/condescending, or could not follow other simple instructions. This is really simple stuff, but most applicants just didn't do it for whatever reason.

Compare that to the top 10%. They answered all of the questions, explained things in a kind and professional manner, and some even took initiative and started looking into potential fixes for my problem without prompting. (That last one puts them in the top 1% and takes like 5 minutes to do!)

For you it might be answering phone calls right away, greeting every customer with a smile, or even just showing up on time every week. This stuff can be small, but doing that extra 10% might just earn you a customer for life.

Key takeaway: Don't be a sturgeon. Put in the effort and do a good job with everything you do. You don't have to be the absolute best, but you should always aim to be in the top 5-10% in whatever you do.

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
A new word has emerged, "Greedflation". I saw this happening during and after the pandemic. Mega companies were/are making higher profits even though their costs have increased. They either make their packaging smaller and charge the same amount, or simply raise their prices because they can. I've seen this in my small town where some businesses just raised their prices because of "inflation". Reality....I think it was just an excuse and opportunity to make bigger profits.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
Last year I had the great privilege of almost dying.
Luckily they quickly managed to fix me up and kept me at the hospital for
a week just to be sure everything's fine. Since I'm still the owner of a dumbphone
that meant: No interwebs for Dwighteyboi for 7 days. The horror!

What ensued turned out to be the best week I've had in years.

Now, being high as a kite on opiates and surrounded by flirty nurses played
a part in that, too, but what contributed the most in making the whole ordeal
an almost holy experience of presence and clarity was the total absence of digital clutter.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.