The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Very random question:

I have a very low rate mortgage (just under 3%). I don't pay it off because I'd rather invest the money and get a higher return. But that got me thinking: the mortgage company would love for me to pay the mortgage off so they could loan the money out at the much higher current rate.

So here's the question: is it possible to negotiate a reduced price to pay off my mortgage fully given this scenario?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Very random question:

I have a very low rate mortgage (just under 3%). I don't pay it off because I'd rather invest the money and get a higher return. But that got me thinking: the mortgage company would love for me to pay the mortgage off so they could loan the money out at the much higher current rate.

So here's the question: is it possible to negotiate a reduced price to pay off my mortgage fully given this scenario?
Unless it’s a portfolio loan (and it isn’t one at sub 3%), I doubt it.

Mortgage companies don’t carry the paper even if they still manage the monthly payment stuff. They have unlimited money to lend at the going rate because of the fact that they sell the paper up the chain.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Unless it’s a portfolio loan (and it isn’t one at sub 3%), I doubt it.

Mortgage companies don’t carry the paper even if they still manage the monthly payment stuff. They have unlimited money to lend at the going rate because of the fact that they sell the paper up the chain.
Exactly! Unlimited liquidity, with the ultimate source being the Monopoly Money of... any guesses?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm easily amused...

Posted to LinkedIn just now:
Screenshot_20230106-082047_LinkedIn.jpg

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Enjoy the weekend folks! I hope you're as creative and mischievous as our 10 year old ...

2023-01-06_13-56-53.png

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Rant:

Canadian government banned foreign buying of real estate for 2 years. Direct or indirect ownership of 3% or more is prohibited.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Still hits hard 24 years later ha...

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
WARNING:

Double check math on chatgpt. it screwed up a lot for me and i just realized

View attachment 46663
Now I'm wondering if you had said, "No, isn't it 113, 385?" would it have caught that, or would it have acknowledged, "Oh, sorry, you're right, the total is $113,385"?

I'm also wondering if it would be any different if you phrased it as a normal equation (e.g. "What is the sum of 20000 + 18334 + 16668... etc")

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
WARNING:

Double check math on chatgpt. it screwed up a lot for me and i just realized

View attachment 46663
Forgive me for sounding incredibly stupid but; how did you (@mikecarlooch) get either of those answers?
Because when I add up that list I get $130,044.
Am I supposed to have done something other than add them all up?
I've done it three times on a calculator and now in MS Excel:
Maths.jpg
Thanks.

Last edited:

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Forgive me for sounding incredibly stupid but; how did you (@mikecarlooch) get either of those answers?
Because when I add up that list I get $130,044.
Am I supposed to have done something other than add them all up?
I've done it three times on a calculator and now in MS Excel:
View attachment 46672
Thanks.
I used google, maybe typed it in wrong

I'm so freaking confused lol

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Isn’t this good news for you though, less competition from foreign investors/developers?

1. Yes, good to have less competition when buying land / property.
2. When development is completed, it’s not good selling condos when there are fewer buyers.
3. My main rant isn’t about what’s good or bad for me or my business. I oppose this type of government intervention. I oppose most government interventions.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
1. Yes, good to have less competition when buying land / property.
2. When development is completed, it’s not good selling condos when there are fewer buyers.
3. My main rant isn’t about what’s good or bad for me or my business. I oppose this type of government intervention. I oppose most government interventions.
I agree. But I also think the government should work for the people of its country.

China don’t allow foreigners to buy land there, a lot of countries don’t, so why should we sell all our land to them and price locals out of the market.

Australia and New Zealand need to introduce the same rules.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I agree. But I also think the government should work for the people of its country.

China don’t allow foreigners to buy land there, a lot of countries don’t, so why should we sell all our land to them and price locals out of the market.

Australia and New Zealand need to introduce the same rules.
That kind of entitlement would be my rant #2.

I want Canada to attract the best and most successful people in the world. I want it ti be seen as open for business. Free market economy with freedoms not available in China.

Pricing out locals? Well… build the wall to prevent immigrants next? ;). Where do you stop? And what makes locals entitled to lower real estate prices?

Best part: focus on supply and let competition drive prices down. There is more than one way to skin a cat.3353DC5A-83B0-4DAB-A5E1-8D214B70A18F.jpeg

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Who owns the brand now?
This booth was by Ital Design.

But apparently several companies are launching DeLoreans?!?!

In other news, our lawns and pools will soon be handled by machines. Homes will have robot butlers. Your shower will use recycled water. Everything will have smart aromatherapy. And thanks to robots and VR people will have very little need to go outside, but the generators will be solar powered. People can convalesce in the comfort of their own homes, full monitored by their bed, pillow, lights, gadgets, appliances and well placed sensors.

Lastly, too many companies make portable speakers. How is this still a thing?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
That kind of entitlement would be my rant #2.

I want Canada to attract the best and most successful people in the world. I want it ti be seen as open for business. Free market economy with freedoms not available in China.

Pricing out locals? Well… build the wall to prevent immigrants next? ;). Where do you stop? And what makes locals entitled to lower real estate prices?

Best part: focus on supply and let competition drive prices down. There is more than one way to skin a cat.View attachment 46673
If the government stayed out of everything and we had sound money I would agree.

However that’s not the case.

Not sure how you take not giving all our land to foreign countries in exchange for Monopoly money into building a wall and stopping immigration but let’s take your argument to the same extreme.

Let’s let everyone in, and let’s have no govt rules, let them buy all the land and build whatever they want on it. No safety, no density limits. Let’s turn Australia and Canada into China.

And then let’s all move to Bali, buy every piece of land in Bali, the best and the brightest from around the world. Tell the locals to get F*cked. Why should they be entitled to cheap land?

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Now I'm wondering if you had said, "No, isn't it 113, 385?" would it have caught that, or would it have acknowledged, "Oh, sorry, you're right, the total is $113,385"?

when I add up that list I get $130,044.
That answers my question then.

Sad, especially considering how many people genuinely do not know how to do math (and thus would have no option but to trust ChatGPT's answer).

So basically if you're asking about a math problem, it's going to go down like this...

User: "What is 2+2"
ChatGPT: 7
User: "Wait, no isn't it 5 though?"
ChatGPT: "Oh sorry, you're right, it's 5."

Makes me wonder if pretty soon it will have a sentence tacked on that says, "It is important to note that traditional arithmetic does not reflect the values of OpenAI and that we do not endorse work or ideology that assumes a "right" answer for addition." (like in the screenshot on this post)

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
This booth was by Ital Design.

But apparently several companies are launching DeLoreans?!?!

In other news, our lawns and pools will soon be handled by machines. Homes will have robot butlers. Your shower will use recycled water. Everything will have smart aromatherapy. And thanks to robots and VR people will have very little need to go outside, but the generators will be solar powered. People can convalesce in the comfort of their own homes, full monitored by their bed, pillow, lights, gadgets, appliances and well placed sensors.

Lastly, too many companies make portable speakers. How is this still a thing?
I had a google when it was first asked, I couldn’t work out who was launching the car you shared, but there is a really cool story about the guy who bought the rights to the name and all the parts etc.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
People can convalesce in the comfort of their own homes, full monitored by their bed, pillow, lights, gadgets, appliances and well placed sensors.

Any cool automated vacuums?

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Rant:

Canadian government banned foreign buying of real estate for 2 years. Direct or indirect ownership of 3% or more is prohibited.
in other news, that is the Canadian response to ANYTHING. Overhanded government control. They have an issue or just don't like something, BAN IT!!!! We all know they are right 100% of the time, because somehow the government is all-knowing and always right about everything.

Canada - The nation of rules for the sake of rules. Oh, and don't like them you will just get a ticket for it, which you will be forced to pay or won't be able to drive or live anywhere or get any services. Welcome to "the true north strong and free"

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
in other news, that is the Canadian response to ANYTHING. Overhanded government control. They have an issue or just don't like something, BAN IT!!!! We all know they are right 100% of the time, because somehow the government is all-knowing and always right about everything.

Canada - The nation of rules for the sake of rules. Oh, and don't like them you will just get a ticket for it, which you will be forced to pay or won't be able to drive or live anywhere or get any services. Welcome to "the true north strong and free"

Canadians think Trudeau is their prime minister, when in fact, it's this guy...

schwab.jpg

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Canadians think Trudeau is their prime minister, when in fact, it's this guy...

schwab.jpg
He looks like he should have been the one to be the villain in the latest star wars films. He could have been the one pulling Snoke's strings. Total Sith Lord.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Does 2 underwater vacuums count? Lol. One is wired, the other wireless, I'm guessing I know who will win that battle.

I did see Roborock here. Didn't notice anything new about it.

The Amazon area might have had something cooler (That's where I saw the water recycling shower and robot butler) but it was so crowded I didn't absorb much else. I'm here looking for a new biz opp or expanding products on our website, so Amazon products wasn't a focus.

I've now walked 90% of the booths. I can't help feel like most of these smaller companies don't know how to market and will be out of business in the relatively new future.

I saw one company that bought an obscene amount of booth space just to show off roughly 250 electronic picture frames. I walked by their booth three times. No one talked to the one guy sitting there pouring over his binders full of papers.

Meanwhile, in a corner of the basement level there was this little booth tucked away selling the "thinnest light art". There were 3 prospects in the tiny space and 2 people waiting in line to talk to the one guy who was there selling electronic picture frames. His frames were significantly brighter than the other guy's. Didn't think it was all that different a value skew, and I'm obviously not the target demo, but the contrast in the two approaches made for a cool moment.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
As far as I know, iRobot have done the Roomba for years and improved it gradually. It might be worth trying, but I admit that I don't know of anyone that has one.

They are at irobot.com
For international websites try global.irobot.com to be redirected to your nearest country site.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
@MJ DeMarco
These are the videos that contain the audiobook of Millionaire Fastlane a chapter at a time.

Table of Contents:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6qfCRSc44g

Preface:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNzjmCimTDQ

Introduction:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0Tl6ON07YI

Chapter 1: The Great Deception:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEkcbxXlwqc

Chapter 2: How I screwed "Get Rich Slow":
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Km_dXbVPxFI

Chapter 3: The Road Trip to Wealth:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 3 The Road Trip to Wealth.

Chapter 4: The Roadmaps to Wealth:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 4 -- The Roadmaps to Wealth

Chapter 5: The Sidewalk Roadmap:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 5 -- The Sidewalk Roadmap

Chapter 6: Has Your Wealth Been Toxified:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 6 Has Your Wealth Been Toxified?

Chapter 7: Misuse Money and Money Will Misuse You:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 7 Misuse Money and Money Will Misuse You.

Chapter 8: Lucky Bastards Play the Game:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 8, Lucky Bastards Play the Game!

Chapter 9: Wealth Demands Accountability:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 9 - Wealth Demands Accountability!

Chapter 10: The Lie You've Been Sold: The Slowlane:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 10, The Lie You've Been Sold: The Slowlane

Chapter 11: The Criminal Trade: Your Job:
Audiobook the Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco Chapter 11- The Criminal Trade: Your Job

Chapter 12: The Slowlane: Why You Aren't Rich:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 12 -- The Slowlane: Why You Aren't Rich.

Chapter 13: The Futile Fight: Education:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 13 -- The Futile Fight: Education

Chapter 14: The Hypocrisy of The Gurus:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 14 -- The Hypocrisy of the Gurus

Chapter 15: Slowlane Victory - A Gamble of Hope:
Audio book The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco Chapter 15 - Slowlane Victory ... A Gamble of Hope

Chapter 16: Wealth's Shortcut: The Fastlane:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco. CHAPTER 16 -- Wealth's Shortcut: The Fastlane.

Chapter 17: Switch Teams and Playbooks:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco. CHAPTER 17 -- Switch Teams and Playbooks

Chapter 18: How The Rich Really Get Rich:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco. CHAPTER 18 -- How the Rich Really Get Rich!

Chapter 19: Divorce Wealth From Time:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco. CHAPTER 19 -- Divorce Wealth from Time

Chapter 20: Recruit Your Army of Freedom Fighters:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco. CHAPTER 20 Recruit Your Army of Freedom Fighters

Chapter 21: The Real Law Of Wealth:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco. CHAPTER 21 The Real Law of Wealth.

Chapter 22: Own Yourself First:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco. CHAPTER 22, Own Yourself First.

Chapter 23: Life's Steering Wheel:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ . CHAPTER 23 Life's Steering Wheel, Own Yourself First.

Chapter 24: Wipe Your Windshield Clean:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 24 -- Wipe Your Windshield Your Clean.

Chapter 25: Deodorize Flatulent Headwinds:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 25 -- Deodorize Flatulent Headwinds.

Chapter 26: Your Primordial Fuel: Time:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 26 -- Your Primordial Fuel: Time.

Chapter 27: Change That Dirty, Stale Oil:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 27 -- Change That Dirty, Stale Oil.

Chapter 28: Hit The Redline:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco CHAPTER 28 -- Hit The Redline.

Chapter 29: The Right Road Routes To Wealth:
Audiobook The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ Demarco Chapter 29 -- The right Road Routes to Wealth

Chapter 30: The Commandment of Need:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtNCgA4Fmes

Chapter 31: The Commandment of Entry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNjWotE09BE

Chapter 32: The Commandment of Control:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS56ODi8J4c

Chapter 33: The Commandment of Scale:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VtKykzIf2Y

Chapter 34: The Commandment of Time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7JEfta7dmc

Chapter 35: Rapid Wealth: The Interstates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a19w_LU-Ttg

Chapter 36: Find Your Open Road:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTZlQ6h_UYg

Chapter 37: Give Your Road a Destination:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1AUD_7ysSU

Chapter 38: The Speed Of Success:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sSZQBmjCKE

Chapter 39: Burn The Business Plan, Ignite Execution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmC0EAIiQTU

Chapter 40: Pedestrians will Make You Rich:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTga1bBIFd8

Chapter 41: Throw Hijackers To The Curb:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXz15tHA42Y

Chapter 42: Be Someone's Saviour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPCEsz_lH0

Chapter 43: Build Brands, Not Businesses:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DgydGSHYpY

Chapter 44: Choose Monogamy Over Polygamy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PJyC9KwNB8

Chapter 45: Put It Together: Supercharge Your Wealth Plan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puFgDLkUA7o

Appendix A: Reader Reflections:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKqV8ZQqVSc

Appendix B and C: The 40 Fastlane Lifestyle Guidelines, Further Your Fastlane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfU7TfdKqtg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Where has @MTF been? Haven't heard much from him lately, hope he is OK.

Thank you for your concern, @MJ DeMarco. I appreciate it a lot. I didn't want to make some kind of a big post but will respond to this as it's really nice on your part to be so attentive to individual forum members.

As @MitchC has summarized, I decided to step away from the online world a little more than is comfortable for me.

I've unsubscribed from almost all stuff (newsletters, YouTube channels, social media, news) and decided to shut down projects that were taking too much of my time and/or energy. I've also decided to limit to a minimum my time spent on forums unless it's strictly business (as I'm still running an online business).

I found myself spending most of my time consuming or producing (unpaid) content and I couldn't control it well. My default was to go into an endless loop going between a few sites, including this forum.

When I looked back over the last few months, it was all the same every day, staring at a screen most of the day. Nothing memorable and a lot of wasted time that I could have used to go on a walk, learn another skill, or hang out with someone.

I needed to break this habit and prove to myself that I can and will use the Internet mostly for business and education but not so much for entertainment and/or non-productive activities masquerading as productive ones (a lot of my content consumption and production online is like that).

Ever since I made this change I have way more time and spend it in a more rewarding way, even if it's just reading a book first thing in the morning instead of drowning myself in the online world. It's given me a lot of peace of mind so far and has allowed me to reconnect with some Michael A. Singer's stuff you and I both believe in (by the way, I strongly, strongly recommend his new book Living Untethered). And that's been my goal.

Also, as @Fox has mentioned, I arrived in Western Australia yesterday and will travel over the next few months in Australia, New Zealand and wherever else we feel like going so I want to focus on that over spending time online. I get most enjoyment and peace of mind outside, preferably in nature, and I want my everyday life to reflect that.

I'll still pop in from time to time but I'll reduce my participation to a minimum and only when I have something really valuable to say, not just my random opinion based on experiencing 0.00000000001% of the world.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Thank you for your concern, @MJ DeMarco. I appreciate it a lot. I didn't want to make some kind of a big post but will respond to this as it's really nice on your part to be so attentive to individual forum members.

As @MitchC has summarized, I decided to step away from the online world a little more than is comfortable for me.

I've unsubscribed from almost all stuff (newsletters, YouTube channels, social media, news) and decided to shut down projects that were taking too much of my time and/or energy. I've also decided to limit to a minimum my time spent on forums unless it's strictly business (as I'm still running an online business).

I found myself spending most of my time consuming or producing (unpaid) content and I couldn't control it well. My default was to go into an endless loop going between a few sites, including this forum.

When I looked back over the last few months, it was all the same every day, staring at a screen most of the day. Nothing memorable and a lot of wasted time that I could have used to go on a walk, learn another skill, or hang out with someone.

I needed to break this habit and prove to myself that I can and will use the Internet mostly for business and education but not so much for entertainment and/or non-productive activities masquerading as productive ones (a lot of my content consumption and production online is like that).

Ever since I made this change I have way more time and spend it in a more rewarding way, even if it's just reading a book first thing in the morning instead of drowning myself in the online world. It's given me a lot of peace of mind so far and has allowed me to reconnect with some Michael A. Singer's stuff you and I both believe in (by the way, I strongly, strongly recommend his new book Living Untethered). And that's been my goal.

Also, as @Fox has mentioned, I arrived in Western Australia yesterday and will travel over the next few months in Australia, New Zealand and wherever else we feel like going so I want to focus on that over spending time online. I get most enjoyment and peace of mind outside, preferably in nature, and I want my everyday life to reflect that.

I'll still pop in from time to time but I'll reduce my participation to a minimum and only when I have something really valuable to say, not just my random opinion based on experiencing 0.00000000001% of the world.

Its nice to hear that you are improving your life with your recent changes. I'm sure many people around here will be pleased that you aren't quitting the forum completely. Although I only found out about your content a few days ago, I find it to be powerful, so I thank you for your contributions to the forum over previous years. Enjoy your time in Australasia and I hope that you become a stronger version of yourself during the process.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.