The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Weird question

If you’re asking this then I assume neither because you don’t have a plan for either of them

For more context, I'm currently in a Leadership MBA program, and after completing the foundational leadership classes, I see more value in switching to a Marketing MBA. I've been working towards breaking into the marketing industry these past few months. Also, with what I learned about leadership, I already feel more confident and don't see much potential additional value in doing the other coursework compared to the Marketing MBA. However, I would appreciate more feedback on my thought process. I wanted to be vague to have a response not influenced by my further explanation, but maybe it'll help. So here's a brief explanation.

Daniel A

DIESEL
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jun 20, 2013
California, USA
Real world business experience > any MBA

Doing both is likely the best option, and that's my plan. I have another experiential opportunity lined up for Q1 2024, and after that, I should be good to get a full-time digital marketing job while completing my MBA.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
do you generally feel that you were 100% present and acknowledged the magic of these moments or do you tend to look back with some regret, thinking that you could have been even more present?
I was never 100% present, quite the contrary. So I just don't think about it – problem solved!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

JUAREZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jun 24, 2019

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Thank god I'm not the only one who feels this lol

I started running ads on Facebook in 2013 and started running actual budgets around 2016. Around 2018 it got really, really hard to make things work. CPMs skyrocketed, targeting options were taken away (did you know that Facebook used to have credit card transaction data? And if you asked nicely and spent big budgets they would let you use them?) But when that stuff went away, all FB had was lookalikes and those lookalikes were based entirely on pixel data. Since buyers typically buy from multiple places, everyone was competing on those lookalikes and they got hella expensive (in the niches I was running at the time)

We adapted to high CPMs because Facebook gave us a lot of really cool tools like CBO and DPAs to make things work. I had a method that would basically run the ad account for me using entirely the stuff they had on platform. Automated rules combined with CBOs on a high enough budget (50+ conversions a week) meant that all you really had to do was slap new creative in the ad sets and Facebook would figure out the rest.

2020 and 2021 were rough because of supply chain issues. And supply chain issues doesn't mean "turn off the ads" because you still need those people coming in. If you turn off the ads too long, Facebook's "seasoning" won't work as well. But that wasn't the worst thing.

iOS 14 was a real punch to the gut. A lot of the old strategies didn't work anymore. Tracking got terrible, and I might say downright fraudulent. But, of course... we adapted. We always do.

Meta, on the other hand, hasn't really adapted. TikTok took a LOT of their advertising share that they never got back. TikTok has much lower CPMs even still so Facebook advertisers who couldn't make it work switched to TikTok. Of course TikTok isn't a walk in the park and many businesses sell to people who simply don't spend time on TikTok. Meta needs those advertising dollars. They've created new placements to compete with TikTok and they work very well for advertisers but Meta still hasn't gotten back its advertising share as far as I know. (Correct me if I'm wrong I don't have statistics in front of me)

Creative is still the #1 thing. Even back when targeting options were good, creative was #1, because the biggest advertisers didn't give a F*ck and just ran super broad campaigns. They just had killer creative. But back then you could make $10 ad sets work on big budget accounts because each ad set was hyper targeted with a particular winning creative. Try doing that now: it won't work very well for you at scale.

Creative is more important than ever. But, like you said, it's not hard to get creators, and a lot of them will say exactly what you want them to say for product alone. I've also noticed that regular old still image creative can work at scale, too.
So for example if I wanted to market an invention/product of mine, utilizing creative content and video either made myself or from influencers is the prime move in 2023, rather than using hyper-targeted ads?

I'm a bit new to marketing so a more broken down explanation would be appreciated.

I'm trying to figure out how to properly market my inventions.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Adam Taggart has left Wealthion and gone independent with his "Thoughtful Money" brand. His new YT channel has a video from a recent New Orleans Investment Conference. Here he moderates a panel on Money, with some of my favorite talking heads (Lyn Alden and Danielle DiMartino Booth).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3m_nxI72mo

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
A pilot flew a plane in to some clouds, got disoriented, and completely freaked out. The Tower helped him get level, and gave him a heading to get out of the clouds. He was fine afterwards. At first I thought it was a prank, then I was completely horrified.

View: https://youtu.be/Fnb4qCfp0mo?t=572

Last edited:

Dean Irwin

The GoalSumo Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jan 1, 2021
Sandy Springs, GA
Let's see your Spotify Unwrapped!

lol as a 23 year-old edm fanatic you are much more hard core than I am.

5F33917E-34D6-4A30-9C0D-1213B525EFBF_1_102_o.jpeg

F54925E7-F302-44F3-A73B-69AC3B45FE92_1_102_o.jpeg

I would say about 20% of the total development hours on GoalSumo.com have had One Day They'll Know (Odesza Remix) in the background on repeat mode. If I listen to music while developing, it's normally one song on repeat so I don't get distracted. About 50% of it is just noise-cancelling airpods in with nothing playing. I used to listen to music a lot more last year but this year not so much.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAncODpky6E

Last edited:

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
Top line affects the bottom line:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/QUEPGlQxh8Y?si=yJhO3VcGXbQ1RIbg

It's interesting how often successful people (top 10 forbes) talk about having a good team.

P. S. But if anyone hurt from his team it was Steve. He has hired a lot of "team" to the point where he didn't own a single share in Apple and was thrown out by a "professional" CEO who Steve in 1980s has confronted about releasing a two shitty products in a row that cost them billions.

Goodfella999

My biggest regret is not starting sooner
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 29, 2022
South FL
Psico cybernetics is the most mind opening book I've read since The Millionare Fastlane which I've read in 2017. It feels like super powers and I'm already seeing results not only professionally but some visualization felt like 1 hour with the psychologist (actually the one time I went to one I didn't felt 1% of what the visualization did for making peace with traumatic events that happened a long time ago). Really an amazing book.
I just downloaded it, been wanting to read it but didnt know much about it

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Youtube Music's recap is lowkey awesome.

Screenshot_20231205-132100_YouTube Music.jpg

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
I just downloaded it, been wanting to read it but didnt know much about it
Nice. I'd recommend reading it completely. The visualization for traumatic events it's right at the end of the book. I finished it a couple days ago and I'm loving it.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
It’s you and God. That’s it. Live life happily knowing God has plans for you

I do believe reality to be an unfolding of teleological events and their actualization of human potential.

It’s kind of like the deepest meaning to the saying “everything happens for a reason”.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
View: https://youtu.be/MiPHYHFQXAM?si=DxmF5X8Ujnf4sM2d

This video really helped me get back on track in regard to discipline. The guy is a former Fortnite pro player, and this video is very different from other bro type self-improvement stuff.
It's a guy who has actually done it and does not have an ulterior motive aside from just sharing some wisdom to the people who watch his content.

Very much worth checking out.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
1702057270756.png

Google is telling me my destination doesn't work when the link they say doesn't work actually works.
Anyone here got an Idea on how to fix this ?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I lived in Phoenix for 24 years. Was in Tucson twice and find no reason for such a train, as if these two metros are busy commuter thoroughfares.

As they say...

The open Southern border is to launder votes.
The war in Ukraine is to launder money.

And now I'm sure this train will funnel the right money to the right people, lol.
Yes, that train makes no sense. What they really need is a LA to Phoenix train. Or a Phoenix to Las Vegas train.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Unpopular opinion.

The Cybertruck is the new coolest vehicle on the planet. Stealing the title from the G wagon.

According to idiots, that opinion makes me "a liberal" because it's "stoopid an lectric."
Unpopular opinion, but I would always prefer combustion engines over electric.

I’d much rather drive a beast then a space ship.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Poland is the most high trust society I have lived in.

Went to an office earlier today and this bike just sitting by the door.

It is a "Specialized Venge", a $12,500 road bike.

No security cameras, no bike locks, door wide open to anyone.

Got chatting to the guy and he leaves it there year round.

It is one of the main reasons I love living here - never have to worry about crime.

View attachment 52878

How're the long-term visas?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
What is a beast?

A 400 horseradish American hoooorah Detroit V8?

Or 850 plus horsepower electric pickup that can shame every AMG Benz and M BMW on the planet?

Elon builds a better beast.
I would prefer a car that has a nice combustion engine. It will always be my favourite kind of car. Especially because almost every city is trying to go “zero emission” by 2030 even though electric cars aren’t zero emission.

I saw a photo of a guy making fun of the rear end of the cyber truck while on his way to work. I thought, holy shit that's a cool looking vehicle! It's just so wild.
Personally, I don’t like the boxy, futuristic style it’s trying to go for, but just my opinion.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
Looks sick, but I had gpt4 generate something that looks like an actual nice looking Tesla pickup rather than a polygonal gimmick of a car:
98261696-6C6F-43A6-A7D1-E829C34AB0A0.jpeg
It really baffles me how they didn't opt for something like this and instead went completely off the rails and made a meme car.

This is actually a really good looking design, and could have modernized the traditional pickup frame.

Funny part is people will still pay for the Cybertruck and Tesla knows it 100%.

Aidan04

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 27, 2022
United States
I would prefer a car that has a nice combustion engine. It will always be my favourite kind of car. Especially because almost every city is trying to go “zero emission” by 2030 even though electric cars aren’t zero emission.

Personally, I don’t like the boxy, futuristic style it’s trying to go for, but just my opinion.
Electric cars are zero emission, it's just the processes required to make them aren't, and the power used to fuel them isn't clean yet.

The ideal choice is Hydrogen Fuel Cell cars (fueled by mainly nuclear energy) due to being much cleaner to manufacture.

Automakers won't do it because it requires a long term infrastructure investment, and that doesn't give their shareholders instant gratification.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.