The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
one time I went and toured a property with 10 rent houses for sale. I had no means of buying the property (I was a kid out of college lol) but I pretended like I was a serious buyer. Idk if anybody else here has done something like this but I wanted the experience and to see what this was like. I did end up buying one for real later. I'd probably do the same thing before buying a biz, too, just go look at some "pretending" to get a feel for it. It seems like average people would never have the guts to do this?
I've done this... though if I wanted to buy the thing enough and did the math, I assumed (correctly or incorrectly) I could convince someone to bring the money. Or otherwise figure out financing. I think that's one of the easier ways out of the always-false "I can't afford the investment" mindset. Most people's mental model around how to purchase things is broken, so quite often they think they are not serious buyers... and that's probably the main reason they're not serious buyers :playful:

As the purchase gets larger, skills and experience dwarf personal income and savings in importance.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I've done this... though if I wanted to buy the thing enough and did the math, I assumed (correctly or incorrectly) I could convince someone to bring the money. Or otherwise figure out financing. I think that's one of the easier ways out of the always-false "I can't afford the investment" mindset. Most people's mental model around how to purchase things is broken, so quite often they think they are not serious buyers... and that's probably the main reason they're not serious buyers :playful:

As the purchase gets larger, skills and experience dwarf personal income and savings in importance.
absolutely, this is the "who, not how" type of thinking. I have always considered that if the opportunity is good enough, people will be dying to give you their money.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
View attachment 42981

I don't understand the purpose of such articles. What are you going to accomplish by "trying" someone's diet and workout for a SINGLE day?

I've seen a lot of such videos and articles recently where people share their experience following someone's routine for a day or for a week. Sorry but you aren't going to learn anything substantial by copying someone's part of a routine for a week.

Event-oriented culture to the fullest.

Here's another example:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hUbKwyzCXQ

Like, seriously, what's the big deal of eating like David Goggins for a day (which was 800 kcal when he was cutting weight) and how hard can it be? I can NOT eat for a full day and it's not a big deal at all. How this gets 350,000+ views is beyond me.
A body builder tried my diet and exercise routine for a day.
"Damn, why am I doing all this? Naps are amazing!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Any update on The Great Reset book?

I saw a supposed exert from there the other day, not sure if it’s actually in there or not but it was more shocking that I expected.

Maybe I should just read it, the only thing I have against reading it is giving that reptile money to read it.
It’s in the queue but I haven’t started it yet. It’s sitting on my desk tormenting me.

There will almost certainly be several radio show episodes discussing some of the content within.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Any update on The Great Reset book?

I saw a supposed exert from there the other day, not sure if it’s actually in there or not but it was more shocking that I expected.

Maybe I should just read it, the only thing I have against reading it is giving that reptile money to read it.
I saw that excerpt. Apparently it is from a different book.

That being said, I have also listened to interviews with Klaus and his right hand man, and the words out of their own mouths are creepy enough.

bilkar1985

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 4, 2018
Greece
Hi MJ and Fastlane Members from Greece (again)!

I hope you are well.

MJ, I have been in the forums since 2018, read all your books, seen many of your YouTube videos, and would like to ask you if anyone from Greece has suggested to translate your books in Greek.

If not, hey: I'm here! I'm Greek with a British citizenship and I also have a small warehouse if you'd like to ship them directly to Greece or Cyprus to spead the word (and commandments) faster.

The reason I'd like to to do this is not money; I'd like to see your books translated in Greek, read by Greeks and spread the word to my home country too. A (BIG) Plus is that I will hopefully be able to give back to you, to this community a (small) portion of the value that you provide and connect with people who want a better future even more.

Let me know what you think of it and we can discuss about price and money later, as I am more than happy to do this.

Best Regards,
VK

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Completely random but it blew my mind what people believe in when they have little access to education:

Puppy pregnancy syndrome (PPS) is a psychosomatic illness in humans brought on by mass hysteria.

The syndrome is thought to be localized in villages in several states of India, including West Bengal, Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, and Chhattisgarh, and has been reported by tens of thousands of individuals.[1] It is far more prevalent in areas with little access to education.[1]

People suffering from PPS believe that shortly after being bitten by a dog, puppies are conceived within their abdomen.[1] This is said to be especially likely if the dog is sexually excited at the time of the attack.[2] Victims are said to bark like dogs and have reported being able to see the puppies inside them when looking at water or hear them growling in their abdomen.[1][2][3] It is believed that the victims will eventually die – especially men, who will give birth to their puppies through the penis.[2][3]
source: Puppy pregnancy syndrome - Wikipedia

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
I’ve been meaning to start a garden but it just seems like such a waste of time when my local fruit shop is all organic and I can buy more food than I could probably ever hope to grow in my tiny yard for like $200
Growing your own food is both rewarding and fun. It also tastes better than anything in a store, even "organic free range vegan trans positive I-support-ukrian local important free trade" food. Nothing beats home garden grown.

One of the reasons I want some proper land in Mexico is to start growing fruit trees and have a garden. They really don't take much time, and the quality of the produce is so much better.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
My kid had a cold and kept us up at night for 3 nights already, so I’m a-typically tired. But I’ve read @MTF Discomfort Club newsletter on Sunday and it just stuck like a song on repeat in my mind. It’s about living with a SEAL for 31 days and how day 1 guy was forced to do 100 pulls ups. All in 90 minutes… and before that he’s never done 10! Same with running in a freezing cold etc.

This morning, I didn’t feel like doing my typical Tuesday 6am 5km run. For one, I’m tired. Worse than that - it’s close to zero F*cking degrees (C) here and windy. Might even rain. F*ck that, I should just stay in.

But that story is like a song on repeat. Can’t get it out. It’s the part where Goggins tell him that temperature outside is what he thinks it is not what his computer says. “The computer isn’t running out there with you, you’ve got a shitty a$$ attitude”. And with that …

Yup, went for my run. Feel great. Thanks @MTF ;)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
View attachment 42981

I don't understand the purpose of such articles. What are you going to accomplish by "trying" someone's diet and workout for a SINGLE day?
It's mainly for the youtube content, but it also gives insight into how hard someone works by stepping into their shoes for a day. It would be like you trying someone else's crazy schedule for a day. Imagine if it was something like this: 5am wake up, 5:15 meditate, 6:15 workout, 8:00 work, 11:00 run 5 miles, 12:00 lunch 12:30 work, 6:00 swim 7:00 stretch 8:00 sleep. You could do it for a day just to see if it's too hard, easy, etc... for you. Then you can incorporate whatever you liked into yours.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
My kid had a cold and kept us up at night for 3 nights already, so I’m a-typically tired. But I’ve read @MTF Discomfort Club newsletter on Sunday and it just stuck like a song on repeat in my mind. It’s about living with a SEAL for 31 days and how day 1 guy was forced to do 100 pulls ups. All in 90 minutes… and before that he’s never done 10! Same with running in a freezing cold etc.

This morning, I didn’t feel like doing my typical Tuesday 6am 5km run. For one, I’m tired. Worse than that - it’s close to zero f*cking degrees (C) here and windy. Might even rain. f*ck that, I should just stay in.

But that story is like a song on repeat. Can’t get it out. It’s the part where Goggins tell him that temperature outside is what he thinks it is not what his computer says. “The computer isn’t running out there with you, you’ve got a shitty a$$ attitude”. And with that …

Yup, went for my run. Feel great. Thanks @MTF ;)

That's an awesome story. Thank you for sharing that. I bet it felt great to keep going despite the adversity.

I keep thinking of this story as well, particularly now that I'm greasing the groove daily and working on my push-ups (recovering from a rotator cuff injury and slowly building back upper body strength).

People usually judge their maxes by how many they can do in a row but that's so little compared to how much you can really do if you break it down and give yourself more time.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
It's mainly for the youtube content, but it also gives insight into how hard someone works by stepping into their shoes for a day. It would be like you trying someone else's crazy schedule for a day. Imagine if it was something like this: 5am wake up, 5:15 meditate, 6:15 workout, 8:00 work, 11:00 run 5 miles, 12:00 lunch 12:30 work, 6:00 swim 7:00 stretch 8:00 sleep. You could do it for a day just to see if it's too hard, easy, etc... for you. Then you can incorporate whatever you liked into yours.

If it's a crazy schedule then okay but the only thing about Goggins's diet when he was losing weight was that he ate 800 kcal a day.

My point is that it's not impressive or isn't hard by any means. Some people eat that much by accident just because they don't feel like eating. Even skipping a full day of eating is not a big deal.

What was impressive and hard wasn't his diet back then but the fact that he kept his diet AND his workout protocol for over two months. The entire difficulty is in the routine, not in one day. But that wasn't covered, probably because that would be way too demanding for a clickbaity YouTube video.

But still, one day is nothing. You can't tell how hard it is by stepping into someone's shoes for one day. Most people would be able to do 2-3 workouts a day. But do that for a few weeks and that's when you can really tell how hard it is.

It would be akin to creating a video "For one day I read like Bill Gates." Bill Gates reads about 3 hours a day. It's not impressive at all to read for 3 hours (similar to 800 kcal a day). What's impressive is doing it every day.

That's what I meant by my comment about people being event-oriented. They're picking a tiny little thing off someone's routine which doesn't reflect them at all. It would be like me riding a bike for the same amount of hours as you regularly do and then claiming I learned something during that day.

One guy who does this "stepping into someone's shoes" thing is this guy:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofI5RV7fpT4

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-zAeifC2sQ

That's something impressive because it's not something any regular guy off the street can do. It's extreme and it's long. In this case, yeah, you can learn how incredibly tough these guys are.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
If it's a crazy schedule then okay but the only thing about Goggins's diet when he was losing weight was that he ate 800 kcal a day.

My point is that it's not impressive or isn't hard by any means. Some people eat that much by accident just because they don't feel like eating. Even skipping a full day of eating is not a big deal.

What was impressive and hard wasn't his diet back then but the fact that he kept his diet AND his workout protocol for over two months. The entire difficulty is in the routine, not in one day. But that wasn't covered, probably because that would be way too demanding for a clickbaity YouTube video.

But still, one day is nothing. You can't tell how hard it is by stepping into someone's shoes for one day. Most people would be able to do 2-3 workouts a day. But do that for a few weeks and that's when you can really tell how hard it is.

It would be akin to creating a video "For one day I read like Bill Gates." Bill Gates reads about 3 hours a day. It's not impressive at all to read for 3 hours (similar to 800 kcal a day). What's impressive is doing it every day.

That's what I meant by my comment about people being event-oriented. They're picking a tiny little thing off someone's routine which doesn't reflect them at all. It would be like me riding a bike for the same amount of hours as you regularly do and then claiming I learned something during that day.

That's something impressive because it's not something any regular guy off the street can do. It's extreme and it's long. In this case, yeah, you can learn how incredibly tough these guys are.
Yes, I follow his channel. He has insane grip strength!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi MJ and Fastlane Members from Greece (again)!

I hope you are well.

MJ, I have been in the forums since 2018, read all your books, seen many of your YouTube videos, and would like to ask you if anyone from Greece has suggested to translate your books in Greek.

If not, hey: I'm here! I'm Greek with a British citizenship and I also have a small warehouse if you'd like to ship them directly to Greece or Cyprus to spead the word (and commandments) faster.

The reason I'd like to to do this is not money; I'd like to see your books translated in Greek, read by Greeks and spread the word to my home country too. A (BIG) Plus is that I will hopefully be able to give back to you, to this community a (small) portion of the value that you provide and connect with people who want a better future even more.

Let me know what you think of it and we can discuss about price and money later, as I am more than happy to do this.

Best Regards,
VK

Thanks for the offer.

However, unless you have an actual publishing company, I will not likely sell a license to someone inexperienced. I've sold licenses to non-publishing entities and every single outcome was negative. Selling a translated book is a business, not a hobby or something someone does as a hustle. Sorry, but my experience here tells me l have to decline, even though you may be completely competent in the task.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

This guy's channel is great - love his content.

He can do one-handed muscle-ups, which is insane!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
So I met a very large guy at the gym here, clearly knows what he is doing. He has been training and living a clean life for 30ish years, crazy strong and built.

He helped me out on the bench press today. I don't believe I have ever really benched in my life, other than the odd time years back. But never more than maybe once or twice in a year. However, I do use dumbbells on a regular basis.

Today was my first day with a bar, under his guidance. It was awesome! My chest is going to feel this tomorrow! Absolutely different sensation than using dumbbells, and if I were to have attempted this on my own it would have been 100% incorrect.

On every set he forced me to do 2 extra reps that would have been impossible on my own. He says all he did was guide the bar up, but the last rep on every one was absolutely 100% my all. Like I would have smashed my face in on my own. If someone were to have paid me $500,000 to do an extra rep I would not have been able to do it. What a great feeling!!

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
View attachment 42981

I've seen a lot of such videos and articles recently where people share their experience following someone's routine for a day or for a week. Sorry but you aren't going to learn anything substantial by copying someone's part of a routine for a week.

Event-oriented culture to the fullest.

Here's another example:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hUbKwyzCXQ

Like, seriously, what's the big deal of eating like David Goggins for a day (which was 800 kcal when he was cutting weight) and how hard can it be? I can NOT eat for a full day and it's not a big deal at all. How this gets 350,000+ views is beyond me.
Reaction and review videos are hot these days.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
That's on the list. And so is.... Starship Troopers. That has to be one of my all time favorite movies. It's cheese, fun, over the top, and amazing action. I never get sick of that one. The combination of CGI from people who have a shit, and practical effects, make it still top notch to this day.
Starship Troopers is a classic. Paul Verhoeven did such a good job with it, that there were tonnes of critics having it fly right over their head and call it a legit pro fascist movie hahaha.

Would you like to know more?....

image-asset.png

Last edited:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
Starship Troopers is a classic. Paul Verhoeven did such a good job with it, that there were tonnes of critics having it fly right over their head and call it a legit pro fascist movie hahaha.

Would you like to know more?....

View attachment 43001
One thing that has always stayed with me since I read the book yeas ago was how you had to earn your citizenship in the Terran Federation.

You couldn't vote or work in government unless you served in the military.

Might not be such a bad idea for today...maybe not just military service, but I don't think that being a certain age and having a pulse qualifies people to vote.

Prove your value to society and put in the work so that you can decide its future.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

the way you interpret data relies heavily on your creativity.

example: voting and college degrees.

say I show you data that women with college degrees voted for this candidate and men without college degrees voted for that candidate...

You might be tempted to say "the more educated voters chose this candidate." Well, you might be right.

But it might also be correct to say that people with student loan debt voted for this candidate, and people without student loan debt voted for that candidate.

So, maybe the more financially astute voters picked the second candidate? Maybe the more financially prudent voters chose the second candidate?

Maybe the college voters didn't have debt, so maybe the first candidate is actually the "candidate of the rich?"

It might also be correct to say that people with MORE work and/or career experience voted for that candidate over this candidate (because they were in the world rather than academia for those years).

The framing of the situation matters a lot. There are SO MANY ways to look at things, and so many questions to ask, and details.

The script runs deep.

/mic drop

disclaimer: I am not just biased and saying this because I am "uneducated." I actually do have a college degree. But the way this stuff is presented is always done in a way to mislead you. There are many conclusions to draw from just one metric like this, and most of them are never mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Mar 15, 2018
the way you interpret data relies heavily on your creativity.

example: voting and college degrees.

say I show you data that women with college degrees voted for this candidate and men without college degrees voted for that candidate...

You might be tempted to say "the more educated voters chose this candidate." Well, you might be right.

But it might also be correct to say that people with student loan debt voted for this candidate, and people without student loan debt voted for that candidate.

So, maybe the more financially astute voters picked the second candidate? Maybe the more financially prudent voters chose the second candidate?

Maybe the college voters didn't have debt, so maybe the first candidate is actually the "candidate of the rich?"

It might also be correct to say that people with MORE work and/or career experience voted for that candidate over this candidate (because they were in the world rather than academia for those years).

The framing of the situation matters a lot. There are SO MANY ways to look at things, and so many questions to ask, and details.

The script runs deep.

/mic drop

disclaimer: I am not just biased and saying this because I am "uneducated." I actually do have a college degree. But the way this stuff is presented is always done in a way to mislead you. There are many conclusions to draw from just one metric like this, and most of them are never mentioned.

You’ll love this book: How to Lie with Statistics

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
An important reminder from an old Goggins post to never get complacent:

screenshot_20210505-123959-png.37879

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
For all sad words of tongue and pen,
The saddest are these,
'It might have been'.

- John Greenleaf Whittier

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
So I met a very large guy at the gym here, clearly knows what he is doing. He has been training and living a clean life for 30ish years, crazy strong and built.

He helped me out on the bench press today. I don't believe I have ever really benched in my life, other than the odd time years back. But never more than maybe once or twice in a year. However, I do use dumbbells on a regular basis.

Today was my first day with a bar, under his guidance. It was awesome! My chest is going to feel this tomorrow! Absolutely different sensation than using dumbbells, and if I were to have attempted this on my own it would have been 100% incorrect.

On every set he forced me to do 2 extra reps that would have been impossible on my own. He says all he did was guide the bar up, but the last rep on every one was absolutely 100% my all. Like I would have smashed my face in on my own. If someone were to have paid me $500,000 to do an extra rep I would not have been able to do it. What a great feeling!!
Bench pressing takes time to learn , but once you get proper form in and see the weight go up it feels wonderful!
Dumbbells are good for beginner and for imbalances (one side stronger than the other) but I truly believe the barbell exercises are what truly builds frame and overall strength.

Keep going !

CrimsonNight

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Dec 4, 2017
SWEDEN
I am quite flabbergasted by the way some people live their lives.

You could literally hand over a complete step-by-step guide to printing money and they will refuse to execute it. Always delaying the work, not giving their all. Doing things just good enough to maintain their current lifestyle.

I don't get why people lack ambitions. Why are they living like people with financial independence despite not having the same amount of assets? (Work only a few hours per weekday and play games after work, take weekends off to travel and party cuz that's what you are supposed to do, etc. It would be understandable to do it if you got profit-generating biz like SaaS or rentals, but these people are literally normal salaried workers.)

End of rant.

It's sleep time for me. Got a lot more work to do tomorrow.

Btw, I recommend taking a hot shower and finishing it off with a cold shower to get the best of both worlds. So refreshing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.