The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Framing and bias...

This is how people are deceived.

The real message here is that 77% would NOT consider it:

View attachment 40334
The push doesn't seem to make sense, either. The world isn't increasing it's energy output as fast as the demand is increasing. Despite unprecedented funding for renewables. Even if their fantasies came true and everyone rushed out in the next year and bought an electric car, even if it was just people in the West, they wouldn't have enough energy for everyone.

There seems to be a wilful miscommunication about the creation and maintenance of renewable energy that leads people to think it's a totally 'green solution'. But why?? Is it literally just to keep benefitting businesses and individuals like the Koch brothers who benefit from the creation of so called 'clean energy solutions' which end up not being viable after a short amount of time, or before they even begin?

Won't the billionaires behind this realise the problems of not increasing energy output through proven methods such as nuclear power to meet increasing demand? Otherwise, we're going to have a major problems, like in China.

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I don't know who needs to hear this, but...

stop comparing yourself to other people. You play the cards that you're dealt as best you can - nothing else matters.

No one sees the 7-5-7 syllable structure of a haiku as a limit, but rather as the unique expression of a particular style. Similarly, the fact that you can't do everything makes your own life interesting.

Embrace what you are.

"The gods envy us because we're mortal."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2zxmXXTtDE

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

A friend sent this to me. I don't think I've ever heard anyone describe it so well and so succinctly. But those who have never experienced it won't be able to relate. In 3, 2, 1, they'll say shit like "exercise, have a good diet and you'll be fine."

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

A friend sent this to me. I don't think I've ever heard anyone describe it so well and so succinctly. But those who have never experienced it won't be able to relate. In 3, 2, 1, they'll say shit like "exercise, have a good diet and you'll be fine."
Yeh I feel that way now mate.

I felt the same way about 6 years ago.

I do get it, as I've had this a few times.

It isn't fun and you gotts try any way possible to crawl out of that ditch.

Very difficult.

Just try everything to get better.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Since it was 'world mental health' day recently, I'll try to offer a novel reframe of "mental health":

It's a propaganda campaign to keep people weak. It's about trying to make those problems go away (which I doubt can even happen) rather than taking that raw energy and turning it into profound action that makes use of them.

Look at what a F*cking beast Tyson Fury is - that is the direct result of him trying to deal with all of the pain inside him.

Human nature is inherently tragic - we're born knowing that we're going to die some day, and we have to struggle to find ways to deal with that.

Every person on this planet is a F*cking basket case - I don't care what they look like on the outside. There is no perpetual state of inner peace that anyone achieves (save perhaps the saints) - we oscillate between pain and happiness like the cycle of the seasons.

The answer isn't to make problems go away, but to find the right outlets to turn that misery into something meaningful. Turn your worst qualities into fuel for your best qualities.

"Show me a happy man and I'll show you a man who is getting nothing done in the world." - The Fish that Ate the Whale

“The fleetest beast to bear you to perfection is suffering.” -Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"It was said that Demosthenes was not a great orator despite his stammer; he was a great orator because he stammered. The deficiency became an incentive to perfect the associated skill. The hero becomes strongest at his weakest point." -Samuel Johnson

"They [the ancient Greeks] accepted life, with all of its suffering, and in that what they became was a people who were immensely admirable. To talk about them as happy is in a way to miss the point. The notion of an aesthetic existence, the idea of their being a beautiful people is for Nietzsche the highest praise. He goes back to the early tragedians, people like Sophocles, and he goes back to Homer and Homer's two great epics, the Odyssey and the Illiad, he goes back to Heraclitus, and from them all he pulls an interpretation of early Greek life and thought which is very much at odds with Plato and Aristotle." -No Excuses: Existentialism and the Meaning of Life

Disclaimer: I'm not saying the shrug off someone telling you about their suicidal thoughts or other serious demons - those are serious problems that require serious answers. What I'm saying is that you likely can't make that pain go away, but you can transmute it into fuel for incredible achievements that make life meaningful despite all of that suffering.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
This joke made me laugh so much the first time I watched it.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012

I had a burnout that lasted for 2 years (extreme fatigue every day). I never felt worse in my life.

The reason it all started: I read The Millionaire Fastlane back in 2009. From then on and until 2018 I had worked through many different business projects and just couldn't figure it out. During the last project and before my burnout, I started to get depressed.

At that time my oldest son was 3-years old. Our second son was born 4 months earlier. I was a father of two beautiful and healthy boys. I should have been the happiest person in the world, but I wasn't. I was depressed. I didn't want to be that lame slowlane office worker, I wanted to be an entrepreneur. I wanted freedom, I wanted success. And I didn't have it.

I was working on this last project and although I had some sales, it was far from successful. I couldn't figure out a new strategy. I was running circles in my head. I was browsing the web on my phone looking at competitors to find value skews for my project 24/7: in the gym in between exercises, at the office, while feeding my baby, etc. etc. I was running the circles in my head while carrying the crying baby around. Wondering why he was crying when all I needed was think and figure this out. Close relatives warned me about a burnout but I waved it away.

Well, it happens that even if you believe you're the strongest mental person in the world you can still break down. Once that happened, it took me 2 years to get my energy and optimism back. Looking back all the signs were obvious. Of course, I really regret what happened but it also made me stronger and realize that I should appreciate every day just the way it is now.

Why I'm sharing this with you is this: I feel for you and I wonder if there is some similarity in our situations and whether you're also running circles in your head? Because it's a vicious circle that is hard to break.

From your replies it seems to me that you are looking for happiness: a better country (climate) to live to handle your winter depression. A new business that makes you happy. You are searching but not finding it.

Perhaps you should let it all go for 6 months, get yourself back in a positive energy flow. Once you let go, you'll look back and wonder why you have been stressing this for so long. And life will show you the way.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Does anyone here watch Kevin Paffrath or Graham Stephan on Youtube?

I've always loved their content, but I can't get over the fact that their Youtube earnings are so massive compared to everything else they teach about (particularly real estate).

I mean, they're earning like, low six figures from real estate, which they teach about, but their Youtube Videos make them $5-6 million per year.

Are they not the real deal after all?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Random rant about "entrepreneur culture" online.

Everybody hates on being an employee. I get it. But employment is necessary for 99%+ of people, and usually even the business owner is "employed" by their business.

As a leader, if you are successful, you might end up with hundreds of employees.

The last thing you should do is tell them they are all losers for not being entrepreneurs - they won't work for you!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

I've always loved their content, but I can't get over the fact that their Youtube earnings are so massive compared to everything else they teach about (particularly real estate).

I watch Kevin sometimes. Mostly when he's showing political stuff from different angles. He seems like he knows his stuff with regard to crypto, investing, and real estate, but honestly, I don't pay attention that closely. He does promote his courses a lot, but people seem to feel like he brings them value. Whether or not that is true, I don't know.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Everybody hates on being an employee. I get it. But employment is necessary for 99%+ of people, and usually even the business owner is "employed" by their business.

As a leader, if you are successful, you might end up with hundreds of employees.

The last thing you should do is tell them they are all losers for not being entrepreneurs - they won't work for you!

That's why I'm a solopreneur. Can't relate at all to regular employees but I really appreciate working with freelancers and other solopreneurs.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
:blush:Bf bought me a gift with the note "share your beautiful voice with the world" :blush:
WKyhKJS.jpg

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thank you, @Road Trip. I appreciate you sharing that story.

Perhaps you should let it all go for 6 months, get yourself back in a positive energy flow. Once you let go, you'll look back and wonder why you have been stressing this for so long. And life will show you the way.

How do you not go crazy not doing anything for 6 months? If I take it easy I get stressed thinking I should be making more money or doing something productive.

It might be burnout or it might be something else. I don't know.

RoadTrip

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 27, 2012
How do you not go crazy not doing anything for 6 months? If I take it easy I get stressed thinking I should be making more money or doing something productive.
That is exactly the problem. You place to much pressure on yourself to perform, to do something new, different, produce, etc. This pressure is counter-productive. Your mind isn't free and you will not find what you're looking for until the mind is free. Hence, you create that vicious circle of wanting to do something productive which you cannot find because of the pressure you place on yourself. That was exactly my problem too.

I don't know you and I don't know your finances. I only have some ideas that come up now about what you could do that makes you feel productive without pressure: volunteer work, find a job in an industry that interests you (even if you have enough finances), learn a new skill. Perhaps backpacking will work for you too?

It might be burnout or it might be something else. I don't know.
If it's a burnout you would probably know: extremely bad sleep, a racing mind before you get to sleep and the moment you wake up (early), extreme fatigue during the day and usually a very bad mood. But honestly to me it feels like you're on the edge now. At least I recognize some patterns that I had. If that's true, I really want you to avoid stepping over the edge. Because once you cross that line, recovery is going to take soooo much longer and the journey is not fun.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
That's why I'm a solopreneur. Can't relate at all to regular employees but I really appreciate working with freelancers and other solopreneurs.
Likewise. That’s why I deal with clients up to a certain size. Once they get over a certain size I’m no longer dealing with a business owner and I end up dealing with an employee. I stopped working as an employee in enterprise businesses for a reason.

It’s also why I have freelancers but no employees.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have a friend that is looking for a website for her YouTube channel.

Does anyone know of something like Podpage for instance that integrates with YouTube as the centerpiece of the site, but allows for other pages about the channel?

Cheap and easy are key here or I would just suggest a custom Wordpress site.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
That is exactly the problem. You place to much pressure on yourself to perform, to do something new, different, produce, etc. This pressure is counter-productive. Your mind isn't free and you will not find what you're looking for until the mind is free. Hence, you create that vicious circle of wanting to do something productive which you cannot find because of the pressure you place on yourself. That was exactly my problem too.

I think that the calmest I've been in the last years was on Barbados where I lived for 5 months while the pandemic raged on. I was very angry at the situation but at the same time it was a very simple life without worries and much pressure. I'm trying to recreate it now while traveling the Canary Islands but so far we've had so many problems my cortisol levels are through the roof all the time.

If it's a burnout you would probably know: extremely bad sleep, a racing mind before you get to sleep and the moment you wake up (early), extreme fatigue during the day and usually a very bad mood. But honestly to me it feels like you're on the edge now. At least I recognize some patterns that I had. If that's true, I really want you to avoid stepping over the edge. Because once you cross that line, recovery is going to take soooo much longer and the journey is not fun.

I can mostly tell that I'm on the edge because little things easily throw me out of balance. I can lose composure because of losing a few dozen bucks or because my expectations aren't met. My mind is constantly shifting from one problem to another and I never get a break. Not a great way to live but it's where I am now.

Likewise. That’s why I deal with clients up to a certain size. Once they get over a certain size I’m no longer dealing with a business owner and I end up dealing with an employee. I stopped working as an employee in enterprise businesses for a reason.

It’s also why I have freelancers but no employees.

For quite a long time I've been tempted to write a book about solopreneurs. I think there are many of us but it's still not understood well. Every "sane" entrepreneur would tell you that you're leaving money on the table. But for us, it just makes sense not to do it (and many other things non-solo entrepreneurs would happily do).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think that the calmest I've been in the last years was on Barbados where I lived for 5 months while the pandemic raged on. I was very angry at the situation but at the same time it was a very simple life without worries and much pressure. I'm trying to recreate it now while traveling the Canary Islands but so far we've had so many problems my cortisol levels are through the roof all the time.

I can mostly tell that I'm on the edge because little things easily throw me out of balance. I can lose composure because of losing a few dozen bucks or because my expectations aren't met. My mind is constantly shifting from one problem to another and I never get a break. Not a great way to live but it's where I am now.

For quite a long time I've been tempted to write a book about solopreneurs. I think there are many of us but it's still not understood well. Every "sane" entrepreneur would tell you that you're leaving money on the table. But for us, it just makes sense not to do it (and many other things non-solo entrepreneurs would happily do).
@MTF … I’m very protective of my head space. If someone or something annoys me or takes me off my even kilter then it’s gone.

I’ve had periods where my mind has raced and I haven’t slept. For me I think it was (and maybe still is) a natural part of grief. I still don’t do enough exercise and still don’t go to bed early enough. I know those two will help me.

A couple of people said a few comments over the years that stopped me in my tracks. I believe they stopped me from crashing and burning (literally).

I talked about those comments in this little vlog I did a few years ago. Maybe they might help you.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

I employ a lot of people and feel grateful they exist and work with me. Employees are my leverage for the business (and capital). As @Kak put it, you can't create a 1,000 hour work week without employees.

Those people who "hate on" employees in any way, are usually not entrepreneurs. What I mean is that people I hear calling other people "losers" are simply reflecting their own insecurities with this judgement. Pacify their own negative feelings.

Business is hard, it's even harder when you don't get the simple truth: 99% of value walks out of the door end of the day, every day - yes, people!

Lastly, I was an employee for a long time to learn, earn and carve out the path to where I am today. I don't hate any part of that. It made me who I am today.

Thanks @thechosen1 for this post. I've seen this sentiment a few times on this forum. Glad to hear from a young person who gets it. :)

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

I mean, they're earning like, low six figures from real estate, which they teach about, but their Youtube Videos make them $5-6 million per year.

Meh. If they’re making money and deals that make sense, it is still a teachable topic for them. Wouldn’t you teach about that house you flipped recently if people would pay you 5 million to hear about it?

As long as they are not lying, the content is still valuable to some.

I am always blown away by the total hours my listeners spend on my show per week. I couldn’t talk one-on-one with that many individuals in a year if it was all I did.

One has an order of magnitude and the other is just a real estate transaction. If a million people are inspired by a house flip video, and 10k of them decide to do something about their inspiration, that’s a lot more value from the video than just the flip he was talking about.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I employ a lot of people and feel grateful they exist and work with me. Employees are my leverage for the business (and capital). As @Kak put it, you can't create a 1,000 hour work week without employees.

Those people who "hate on" employees in any way, are usually not entrepreneurs. What I mean is that people I hear calling other people "losers" are simply reflecting their own insecurities with this judgement. Pacify their own negative feelings.

Business is hard, it's even harder when you don't get the simple truth: 99% of value walks out of the door end of the day, every day - yes, people!

Lastly, I was an employee for a long time to learn, earn and carve out the path to where I am today. I don't hate any part of that. It made me who I am today.

Thanks @thechosen1 for this post. I've seen this sentiment a few times on this forum. Glad to hear from a young person who gets it. :)
Exactly.

Building a business, but pigeonholing yourself into some artificial, made up, mental block that “eMplOyeeS arE hArD wOrK, sO i DonT wAnT anY” doesn’t do an entrepreneur any favors. Yeah, employees are sometimes hard work, but they also DO hard work that you wouldn’t otherwise be able or want to do. In the long run, which is what everyone should consider, employees actually make your life a hell of a lot easier, rather than harder.

Jeff Bezos can’t pack every order. He can’t maintain such a website. He can’t drive every truck. He can’t be in a million places at once. He certainly can’t handle every customer concern. Or can he…

Employees are an extension of the entrepreneur. Bezos couldn’t even lay eyes on every facility owned by Amazon in one day. Is the work that is being preformed 2000 miles away from Bezos somehow taxing to him? Or is it just working for him? I know which.

What is the FIRST thing that every Undercover Billionaire does when they get to the new town? They meet people. They build a network and the network becomes their team.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Building a business, but pigeonholing yourself into some artificial, made up, mental block that “eMplOyeeS arE hArD wOrK, sO i DonT wAnT anY” doesn’t do an entrepreneur any favors.

It's not an artificial, made up, mental block. Some people simply don't want it, in the same way as some are better equipped to run an offline business and some an online one. The Fastlane is about freedom, and that should include the freedom of choice of how you want to run your business.

There are many examples of one-person million dollar businesses. Profit-wise, they may actually make way more than those who aren't "pigeonholing" themselves. Employees are necessary for some industries but they aren't necessary for everyone.

Play to your strengths. If you're a loner, you're probably better off pursuing ideas that leverage your introverted nature than forcing yourself to manage people.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

It's not an artificial, made up, mental block. Some people simply don't want it, in the same way as some are better equipped to run an offline business and some an online one. The Fastlane is about freedom, and that should include the freedom of choice of how you want to run your business.

There are many examples of one-person million dollar businesses. Profit-wise, they may actually make way more than those who aren't "pigeonholing" themselves. Employees are necessary for some industries but they aren't necessary for everyone.

Play to your strengths. If you're a loner, you're probably better off pursuing ideas that leverage your introverted nature than forcing yourself to manage people.
Yeah, it depends what you want.

This goes back to the fundamentals here of enterprise vs. lifestyle business... It's as old as the debate between federalists and anti-federalists. But here, you're free to do you! :)

Personally, if I knew I could build a million-dollar one-person business and have it run as smoothly as possible, I'd do it.

But I feel that I need more of that enterprise to reach my goals.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Yes, there is more than one way to make a million dollars. That is indisputable. But a million dollars is basically middle class.

The “fastlane” has grown, only in the minds of forum members, to encompass a lot of things that aren’t actually entrepreneurship. The definition of fastlane is CENTS.

Control, entry, need, time and scale.

Time and scale are both most often accomplished by multiplying your efforts. Sticking only to automation and web based scale onepreneurship will only get someone so far. It is undeniable fact that more production equals more value. You accomplish that with leverage of resources outside of yourself.

If you don’t want a big business, you don’t want a big business. That’s normal. Some people want jobs. Some people want to go to school forever. Some people want to be homeless.

In terms of every available life choice, I see your point… In terms of building a business… Yes, it is a pigenhole and a belief that limits your success. A belief that no one NEEDS. Including you.

This to me is like MJs discussion on the “follow your passion” concept. That’s you deciding what the business gets instead of giving the business what it might need.

Introversion is common among great leaders. You don’t have to use it as an excuse. There is no strength in being a loner, that’s why you shouldn’t be one even if it’s something you naturally flow to.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
There is no strength in being a loner, that’s why you shouldn’t be one even if it’s something you naturally flow to.

Here's where we differ in opinion a lot :)

I strongly prefer working with lone wolfs over working with "leaders." I recently had some experiences that have only proven to me how much I enjoy working with and supporting loners vs those who grow their businesses "by the book."

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I think there is an in-between place where you operate as a nimble individual, work with freelancers and AI, and grow a hundred-million-dollar+ business...and I plan to prove it.
This is true too, but I would still consider this an enterprise.

If you remodel houses using nothing but freelancers / independent contractors, are you the same as a digital nomad writing articles online?

No way! You don't have any "full time" employees, but you're still hiring dozens of workers.

So yeah, to me that qualifies as enterprise-level.

And Elaine Poledft (however you spell her name) even said most of those one-person businesses actually end up doing this.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
This is true too, but I would still consider this an enterprise.

If you remodel houses using nothing but freelancers / independent contractors, are you the same as a digital nomad writing articles online?

No way! You don't have any "full time" employees, but you're still hiring dozens of workers.

So yeah, to me that qualifies as enterprise-level.

And Elaine Poledft (however you spell her name) even said most of those one-person businesses actually end up doing this.

Am I an enterprise if I work with an editor (sometimes a few), a graphic designer, an ebook formatter, etc.? All work on a per project basis. I'm not responsible for managing them. I give them a task and they deliver it when it's done. I don't think it's the same as hiring regular employees.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.