The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

my failure and destiny

imntsatisfiedyet

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Nov 27, 2022
Hamburg, Germany
Today I'll tell you about my career, I won't mention many things in full because it would go beyond the scope.
I turned 25 today and like every year I don't feel the need to look at this day as a special one. I am writing here today because I am angry at myself for not having done more... Let me start at the beginning.

When I turned 16 I started an apprenticeship in a craft company, on my first day there I was introduced to the employees and the one with the longest years of employment had been with the company for 33 years. That shocked me deeply. How can a man voluntarily do this job for 33 years? Not only was this job physically very exhausting, but it was also not well paid. Every day you could see that they didn't want to work, but they still came and kept their mouths shut. I wasn't like that, I was f*cked up every day I went to work because I didn't want to waste my time at these costs. I still kept my mouth shut and went to work every day because I had to complete this education to eventually be able to study.
Because of my hatred of work and the system, I tried to educate myself personally and read and tried many things. I was never averse to spending my hard earned money on knowledge. So when I was 17 I tried to sell an MLM product but failed miserably because I couldn't get anyone to join. I remember thinking to myself, "Why doesn't anyone want to join? Didn't you want to escape from your filthy life? I was young and naive, but still I tried.

I am 18 and I started my first "business", it was a service company. I was regularly translating for various appointments and it eventually became so much that I sent my friends and family to these appointments. It finally felt like something real. I had my clients, my translators, my bills and my obligations. It went well for a while and I wanted to get a real office, participate in public tenders and expand to professional translating. At the time there was no regulation or law to determine the fitness of an interpreter so many of my translators learned the languages as their mother tongue and lived here in the country for a long time, it was all going well until there was a change in the law that ruined everything. I was 18, making good money and then I fell with a change in the law. I had to give up my business as I had it. I was young, stupid and inexperienced. I gave in to defeat...

A while passed and I started looking for a job to improve our lives. I then tried Amazon FBA like every other idiot. I learned a lot of things and managed to sell a product well for a profit on Amazon. From choosing the product, negotiating with the Chinese factories, improving the product to SEO for the keywords on the Amazon page. Everything I learned and did myself. I ordered 4000 units and they sold out as expected. I was in the top 3 searches for my niche for a long time. Then came Corona. No more deliveries, logistics costs x 4. And worst of all my factory no longer exists, my contact no longer exists. All that work and 'perfect' product, contacts and manufacturing was for nothing. Once again I am very pissed off, an external variable has F*cked me again.

I wanted to start a new complete product line in a better niche but decided against it.

Since the end of my Amazon business, I started studying computer science. Why?
Why am I doing this.... To keep it short, I think that specific knowledge in this area can be very valuable, especially in the future. The other thing is, if I'm going to be in the rat race of the world, I don't have to be a tradesman, I can study, earn more money and get a degree.

It's been a while and to this day I still have side income for some interpreting but nothing worth mentioning.

In conclusion.
Many friends from back then envy me that I had the balls and did it all but I feel my past is nothing but failure so far. I'd rather fail 100 times and then succeed 1 time than do nothing. And what is very valuable is the experience you gain.
I think my diploma is worth nothing, just for the rat game. I don't give up. Because of my way of thinking, I am alone, but not lonely.

I am lost and wasting my time reading books.
At the moment I feel stagnated.
I feel the pressure of time.
I don't see a path ahead of me.

Thank you for reading to the end, I wish you and your closest people only the best and may you achieve everything you set out to do!
Keep at it and don't give up.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
The definition of a failure is a person that:
  • has done nothing with their life
  • has no plans for the future
  • has given up
  • blames the world for his problems

You my friend are the complete opposite of this.

With 7 years of business experience and a background in computer science, you are miles ahead of your peers. You are clearly very intelligent and hard working. Now it's time to learn from your past mistakes:
I was young, stupid and inexperienced. I gave in to defeat...
This.
Don't repeat at 25 the same mistake that you did at 18. Do not give up. Do not get depressed.
Because if you keep working, your future is bright.

PS:
If you are thinking that you need to make x amount of dollars by the time you are x years old, get rid of this pathological idea. Chronological age and money don't exist in the real world. They are arbitrary numbers.
  • Health is more relevant than age.
  • Value is more relevant than money.

Happy birthday, and enjoy your journey!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!