The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Maybe the slowlane is better than the Fastlane

Anything related to matters of the mind

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
Well in a third world country at least. Perhaps Mj's target audience is primarily those from first world countries but it basically comes down to this.

Earning in dollars is wayyyyy more lucrative than earning in the Nigerian Naira.

So I started freelancing on upwork about a year ago and I've had some success on the platform. My goal at that time was to use the income I was earning and build a Fastlane business locally.

So after months of research, I finally opened a laundry business about three months ago and it's going really well. It fulfills CENTS, it's profitable and I see a lot of potential in it. I have a full time employee and a part time employee, I pay him very well, 2x the average teachers payment in my country in fact.

Naturally, I decided to scale it even more but then ran out of cash. So I returned to Upwork to get some income and by applying my new-found god level work ethic and persuasion from business, lol, it became so easy to find new clients. And since I'm being paid in dollars, its just so sweet, sweeter than profits in Naira.

Now I know eventually when the business is scaled enough, it will surpass freelancing but I don't know. Could freelancing be its own Fastlane?

Way less work and more money because I'm providing value to "High quality people" on the global scale than providing value to "Low quality people" on the global scale.

I haven't felt this confused in a long while till now. I don't even have a specific question, I just want to hear you guys' thoughts and perspective. What do I do?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Let's say you had laundering contracts with all 100 Hilton Hotels in Africa and some other chains out there.

Literally lorry loads of bedding, tablecloths, napkins etc a day

Would that be a substantially different level of income?

Most likely.

If you have to freelance to Westerners to get hard currency to fund expansion then that is the right thing for you to do. But at some point, if successful, you would drop the freelancing as it would no longer make sense to you.

Dan

Michal__

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Mar 13, 2023
Continue getting money from 1st world countries. That is a good tactic.

Now imagine if you made it big with a digital product. You could be financially set within a year.

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
Let's say you had laundering contracts with all 100 Hilton Hotels in Africa and some other chains out there.

Literally lorry loads of bedding, tablecloths, napkins etc a day

Would that be a substantially different level of income?

Most likely.

If you have to freelance to Westerners to get hard currency to fund expansion then that is the right thing for you to do. But at some point, if successful, you would drop the freelancing as it would no longer make sense to you.

Dan
Yeah... But that's like a looooot of work

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy
Well in a third world country at least. Perhaps Mj's target audience is primarily those from first world countries but it basically comes down to this.

Earning in dollars is wayyyyy more lucrative than earning in the Nigerian Naira.

So I started freelancing on upwork about a year ago and I've had some success on the platform. My goal at that time was to use the income I was earning and build a Fastlane business locally.

So after months of research, I finally opened a laundry business about three months ago and it's going really well. It fulfills CENTS, it's profitable and I see a lot of potential in it. I have a full time employee and a part time employee, I pay him very well, 2x the average teachers payment in my country in fact.

Naturally, I decided to scale it even more but then ran out of cash. So I returned to Upwork to get some income and by applying my new-found god level work ethic and persuasion from business, lol, it became so easy to find new clients. And since I'm being paid in dollars, its just so sweet, sweeter than profits in Naira.

Now I know eventually when the business is scaled enough, it will surpass freelancing but I don't know. Could freelancing be its own Fastlane?

Way less work and more money because I'm providing value to "High quality people" on the global scale than providing value to "Low quality people" on the global scale.

I haven't felt this confused in a long while till now. I don't even have a specific question, I just want to hear you guys' thoughts and perspective. What do I do?
The big difference is TIME. Work on upwork will never end, you'll have to do it your whole life. Your landry business will eventually make money on its own, but it's naturally 10x harder to accomplish. The result, however, is true freedom.

To me, that's worth pursuing.

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
The big difference is TIME. Work on upwork will never end, you'll have to do it your whole life. Your landry business will eventually make money on its own, but it's naturally 10x harder to accomplish. The result, however, is true freedom.

To me, that's worth pursuing.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

I see it as earning a doctor's pay while starting a Fastlane business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.