The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Master of My Own Fear - Primarily Weight-Loss *155 pounds lost*

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Starting off with Health: I'm down 290 lbs. Still One Meal A Day (6oz fish, lots of veggies). No CARBS or Sugar (soda). Drinking plenty of water.

Nice work!!

Working for the rest of my life for someone else isn't my goal or plan.

Nothing wrong with working for someone else when/as you need to.

By working at the Hospital. I have access... meeting people from all walks of life. This, has opened me up quite a bit. Meeting new folks, etc...

This is huge for me, maybe it is for you too? When I get frustrated in life (with my personality it happens a lot lol), I tend to shut down, push people out, disconnect, quit being social etc.

I find myself hiding behind a screen (laptop or phone), and trying to avoid, well...my problems I suppose.

It makes things so much worse to do that though.

So I make an effort to get out around people. Anything really. Bring a friend a coffee, take my mom out to lunch, talk to someone at the grocery store, take my kids to a park and strike up a conversation with one of the other parents (always moms at the park during the day, never dads because they are working...kinda sad to see really), heck, even engaging people here helps.

I'm a very social guy, and reconnecting with people helps to maintain an abundance mentality for me. (there's lot's of people, therefore there's lot's of opportunity to provide value = lot's of money to be made)

Anyway, a life changing mindset shift for me was "frustration = engage more"

Maybe it's the same for you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Currently @ 279 lbs.

On July 1st, I switched up my food... something a little more controversial. I feel absolutely great.

A pure experiment on switching up my food. I ditched vegetables & fruit. Eating meat... 2 lbs a day.

Eating salmon and Grass Fed burger/ribeye.

I was properly fitted with running shoes. Starting slowly with running.

Canceled my gym membership. Never went. I have fared better being outside and being active.

Mostly walking & calisthenics. Added swimming and running into the mix.

Still on the same Intermittent Fasting schedule. Only DRINKING water!!

When I see people eating candy or drinking a soda... I gag. I try not to judge. I walk away.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
So a few things have changed. I have realized that solely eating on one food group. Is hurting me.

I went back to the drawing board. I will not use the popular terms nowadays.

This is a LIFESTYLE. Not a DIET.

In regards of "food". I am still following my one/two meals a day with Intermittent Fasting. Now I am more balanced. Example: Meat with Veggies.

In terms of weight right now. I am 250 lbs. My goal weight has changed as well.

With my copywriting/web designing work. That has been non-existent. I do have a few things in play. That will be a new thread for "execution".

I plan on being way more active on the forum.

Expect some photos as well. From when I was at my heaviest - 360 lbs. I'm not not going to show what I weigh now. That will be a month to month deal.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
So a few things have changed. I have realized that solely eating on one food group. Is hurting me.

I went back to the drawing board. I will not use the popular terms nowadays.

This is a LIFESTYLE. Not a DIET.

In regards of "food". I am still following my one/two meals a day with Intermittent Fasting. Now I am more balanced. Example: Meat with Veggies.

In terms of weight right now. I am 250 lbs. My goal weight has changed as well.

With my copywriting/web designing work. That has been non-existent. I do have a few things in play. That will be a new thread for "execution".

I plan on being way more active on the forum.

Expect some photos as well. From when I was at my heaviest - 360 lbs. I'm not not going to show what I weigh now. That will be a month to month deal.

Holy smokes dude. I am so impressed, and I love this thread. You are down 100lbs now right?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Holy smokes dude. I am so impressed, and I love this thread. You are down 100lbs now right?

I lost 15 lbs of 360 lbs before the Summit. I weighed 345 lbs during the 2018 Summit.

110 lbs from Jan 1st (or so) 2018.

I think I finally got my food in order. It is really based on how I felt. Think paleoish. Dr. Rhonda Patrick really deserves the credit for my food situation. Really got it honed in from her.

My goal was around 180 lbs. I am now shooting for 160. Either way, I still have quite a bit more to lose.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
You are about 5'10 right? 160 is slim at that height. I think around 180 is a great target. I mean... Even where you are at now is amazing progress.

It sounds like you just need to put that same focus and dedication into your work and see the same results!

Great progress

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
You are about 5'10 right? 160 is slim at that height. I think around 180 is a great target. I mean... Even where you are at now is amazing progress.

It sounds like you just need to put that same focus and dedication into your work and see the same results!

Great progress

5'11.

I keep get mixed reviews on the proper height to weight ratio. With BMI, etc... I'm sure I will figure it though. 100 plus pounds was hard enough to lose.

I am sure the next 100 lbs or so will be harder. I am not trying to rush it either. It took 10 - 15 years to get this big.

My goal is by Fastlane 2020 Summit. I am at my goal weight with a 6 pack.

I am fully aware that this is a constant battle. No slipping.

I feel great as well. My uncle and his wife recently passed away on my father side. So, I have been feeling kind sad on that for him.

My focus and clarity have gotten a lot better as well. I wonder if it is due to sugar? But, yeah, business side of things need to pick up.

TheSilverSpoon

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
309%
Nov 4, 2013
One of my favorite progress threads of the year. Great progress man!

I'll echo what @LightHouse said. 160 is going to be quite slim at that height. I'm 6' and felt like a bean pole when I was 165. I personally feel best at a relatively lean 190 or so.

rogue synthetic

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
310%
Aug 2, 2017
Great job! That's progress to write a letter about.

I don't know if you'll find any good numbers on a proper height/weight ratio. BMI is pretty useless except as a general barometer. 160 would be on the thinner side at 5'11, 180 probably closer to a comfy resting weight as @LightHouse mentioned.

I'm two inches shorter, and have been an active 200+ lbs my whole adult life up until about 3 years ago. I'm now sitting around 170-175, more by neglect than design, and 160 would be positively tiny with my frame.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Great job! That's progress to write a letter about.

I don't know if you'll find any good numbers on a proper height/weight ratio. BMI is pretty useless except as a general barometer. 160 would be on the thinner side at 5'11, 180 probably closer to a comfy resting weight as @LightHouse mentioned.

I'm two inches shorter, and have been an active 200+ lbs my whole adult life up until about 3 years ago. I'm now sitting around 170-175, more by neglect than design, and 160 would be positively tiny with my frame.

I think it really boils down to how broad you are. Bone density, etc... If your body can "hold" the weight.

During high school I was 225 - 245 lbs. When I would play football I would bulk up to 260 - 280 lbs, then cut back down.

When I weighed that during high school. I was a bit chubby. But very athletic.

Either way , these last few months have been tough. Gonna get a lot tougher. I'm gonna have to deal with the loose skin as well. I'll have to pull a David Goggins.

Last edited:

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
Great job man, I know how hard it is to lose weight, I dropped from 110 kg (242 lbs) to 86 (190 lbs) in about a year and a half, it wasn't easy but it was super rewarding.

Loose skin sucks. I have stretch marks all over my belly due to the rapid weight gain into rapid weight loss (I lost my first 12 kg in 2 months...it was brutal).

Keep fighting the good battle, impressive results so far.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Incredible progress. Can't believe I missed all the updates until now.

You're doing what 99% of people can't/won't do - making incredible progress and sticking with it.

Amazing.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Incredible progress. Can't believe I missed all the updates until now.

You're doing what 99% of people can't/won't do - making incredible progress and sticking with it.

Amazing.

The BIGGEST takeaway for me. I can LIVE without Coca-Cola.

No headaches. No crash. Sleep TONS better.

I LOVE water now, as much as I LOVED Coca-Cola.

Yeah, food is a huge issue.

It was, stay up all night. Eat a box of cereal. Drink 5 - 8 cokes a night. I was practically a drunk. Drown a 24 pack in a day was a breeze.

The big eye opener. Was when I looked at the photos. I could see the swelling dissipate. I had seen that before. Just never stuck with it.

Rest a sure. That'll never happen again.

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
Wow, congrats. Following along to see the pic of you at 180.

Little tip how I make 90% of my meals and it was a game changer for me.
1.) Buy a 5 lb bag of frozen Normandy and/or Mediterranean blend vegetables. Usually hidden the bottom shelve. Frozen vegetables are just as healthy as fresh.
2.) 5 lb bag of frozen protein. Chicken, salmon, other fish, etc around 1" think.
3.) Seasonings of choice. Old Bay, Cajun, Lemon, etc.
4.) Olive oil

Cover a 12"x20" baking sheet in aluminum foil. Fill half with frozen vegetables, other half with frozen protein. Pour olive oil over everything and toss around a bit. Sprinkle on seasoning for flavor.

Put in oven for 42 minutes at 420 degrees. Vegetables should be blackened a bit and protein perfectly cooked. Double up baking sheets to meal prep for the next meal/day as well.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Excellent progress @Raoul Duke

Saw you at the 2018 summit and I can't wait to see your progress at the next one.

Keep it up.

Rep++

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
Congrats on the progress. Can't wait for February.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Holy smokes! Weighed myself today. Been a while.

I am now my High School weight - 225 pounds. I will have to dig up some photos from 2002 (when I graduated).

Pretty stoked!

Made some solid gains with running. Now up to 6 miles a day. Running in increments... 1/2 mile. Goal is 10 miles a day (M-F only).

Much more to add. Will update some more in a bit.

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I can't even run for that long and I only weigh 155 pounds (I know weight is only one factor). Keep going ! 6 miles is already awesome, 10 is almost a half marathon !

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
I can't even run for that long and I only weigh 155 pounds (I know weight is only one factor). Keep going ! 6 miles is already awesome, 10 is almost a half marathon !

I absolutely HATE running. Looking for an outcome of a stronger individual.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
This forum needs all the updates dude. So incredibly proud of you and all the massive change that has happened. It will definitely inspire a lot of people to cut out their BS stories and get to it!

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Man... no idea how I missed this earlier. I had seen you mention that you were dropping weight, but didn't know you were keeping a thread.

Really great stuff, talk about discipline. A three hour eating window is pretty hardcore, even by intermittent fasting standards.

Laughingman21

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Sep 7, 2015
I absolutely HATE running. Looking for an outcome of a stronger individual.

Well done on the progress! It's truly inspirational. You've made me re-asses the excuses I've been telling myself, so thank you.

For the running, try listening to audio books. I used to hate long runs, but now I look forward to getting out in the fresh air and enjoying a great book.

But make sure you listen to fiction when you're running. Trying to run and concentrate on a non-fiction book you're trying to learn from is too hard and makes it mentally and physically exhausting.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
Dude, your killing it!

PM me your number, I'm going to share an Audible with you that I really think you will enjoy.
Congrats on the success!!!

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Man... no idea how I missed this earlier. I had seen you mention that you were dropping weight, but didn't know you were keeping a thread.

Really great stuff, talk about discipline. A three hour eating window is pretty hardcore, even by intermittent fasting standards.

Man the first few months were sketchy as all get out. I tried creating a reward system. Say Sunday - Friday I am very strict. Then on Saturday, I would be a little loosey goosey. I did that for a month. I noticed that something was off. It was trickling into my Sunday - Friday system. So I nipped that in the bud. Went back to Sunday - Saturday.

Working out quite well. Scheduling everything has been a huge key to my success.

Well done on the progress! It's truly inspirational. You've made me re-asses the excuses I've been telling myself, so thank you.

For the running, try listening to audio books. I used to hate long runs, but now I look forward to getting out in the fresh air and enjoying a great book.

But make sure you listen to fiction when you're running. Trying to run and concentrate on a non-fiction book you're trying to learn from is too hard and makes it mentally and physically exhausting.

Running with anything in the background has not worked in my favor. I quit.

Now, when I walk. I can't go without music or audiobooks.

Dude, your killing it!

PM me your number, I'm going to share an Audible with you that I really think you will enjoy.
Congrats on the success!!!

Done. Thank you!

Thank you @wade1mil for the rep!!

Everyone who has responded and liked my posts. I appreciate that as well. :D

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
Raoul Duke, you gave done an amazing job with your weight loss! But here is the most important question: What are you going to do to KEEP it off?

My weight has been a roller coaster my entire life. I've lost 100lbs a year just to gain most of it back the next few years. And I did not go through some crash coarse diet, either. I was walking/jogging 3-4 miles a day. Runkeeper even has me logged doing over 250 miles that year. I cut most sugar from my diet and anything that converts into glucose, stopped eating greasy foods, and I lowered my quantity of food. I based it on one simple statement: Burn more than what you take in. I didn't even believe in a plateau. When the weight loss starts slowing down you add more work to balance it out.

My problem is I am a huge foodie. I like tasting foods. I mean who doesn't? lol. I love testing everything from the best alfredo sauce in town to the juiciest leg of lamb at Texas de Brazil. And then I married an Italian who ALSO loves to eat. Game over. I mean I even found a private deli by my house that sells aged pastrami. How evil is that!

When I was single it was easy to lose weight. I didn't have someone at home to talk about the day and enjoy her company. I'd just hit the pavement and go. When I was single I also didnt have a new company I started. I sometimes go to sleep at midnight planning what I am going to do in the morning.

My point is find that rhythm to maintain the weight. I honestly find the weight loss aspect the EASIEST part. There is nothing more difficult than maintaining the weight. Why? Because it is too easy to have a fun day on the road, visiting restaurants with family/friends, talking, not paying attention to what you are eating, visiting new restaurants, etc. Then getting home too tired and going straight to bed. Personally, I hate exercise. I always need spell check just to even type the damn word. That is how much my conscious hates it. Id rather be reading a book, researching for my business, looking for new inventory for my business, and so many other things I need to do. Heck I barely even watch TV.

Be strict about keeping the weight off. It will be the single most important aspect of this process.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
January 2018 I weighed roughly 365 lbs. On December 29th, 2018 I weigh 220 lbs. I am bouncing back in forth between 160 - 170 lbs. This is unknown territory for myself. I have a image of myself on what I want to look like. My goal is to assess myself at 200 lbs.

Meeting people at the summit was a huge step for myself. I am extremely embarrassed. I told myself that I didn't care what others think. That is why I have not shared any photos of my weight loss. When I look at the photos. I am still in shock. How could I do that to myself? I have photos of myself over the past months during the process though.

I will be publishing photos of my weight loss. Over the course of 12 months. It is a bit bass ackwards. Don't care. lol
Also will be going over general notes: Food (vegetarian, carnivore, paleo, & keto), exercise, etc...

UPDATE:
So, now that I am, 220 lbs. I am up to 9 miles a day running. Over the past few months business has picked up for myself. I sold my mobile home: $5,000. I didn't give much for it. I am in the process of selling my 3 acres of land. That means I am living with my parents again. Rent free for 6 months. Leaving May 1st 2019. Leaving Home Depot on that date as well. Debt free and building capital. Going to start working with a forum member next week. Excited about that.

Without further ado:

January 2018 - 365lbs
rd.jpg rd2.jpg

February (FLF Summit) 2018 - 345
345.jpg

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content