• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

Making Money With Web Design 2017/2018

Discussion in 'Hustles, Freelancing, Bootstrapping' started by Fox, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Bruno Lara

Bruno Lara New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $113
    Hey sir, thanks for answering!
    I do agree that if they accepted it, we should close as soon as possible. However, in this scenario, they're just interested but they're not sure. It was a 3-5 minutes call, maybe less, no time for explaning everything/closing a deal

Thanks Fox, it means a lot!

Well I thought that if I was upfront about it they would feel better and see that I am by no means overpricing this service. Good to know that I shouldn't do it.

I actually felt it on your "how to get your first client" video. I watched it the day before yesterday. I felt that your mindset is what you wrote: negotiate through phone calls.
    Yesterday I messaged a food company that is selling through a mobile app (they're a full delivery based company). This app charges 10% of the total earnings that the company has in the entire month. That's a lot and I think that if they have a website they would prolly earn more since there would be no fee.
    I sent them a message through Facebook (they don't have email, just a delivery number), asking when should I call.
    Am I getting the big picture or something is missing?
    Again, thanks!

2. Maxboost

Maxboost Bronze Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,136
    Anyone else worried that the market will dry up and this is fruitless endeavor? The face book group has 5000 members...

3. Matthew Meinzer

Matthew Meinzer New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $11
    The unfortunate fact is that the majority of the people in that group will not actually set an appointment to talk to a business.

Yes, the ratio of action takers in that group is probably higher than most... but again, put a bit of thought and effort into your selling process and you’re already leagues ahead of most.

It’s echoed on this forum a lot, but action puts you ahead of the pack every time.

Longinus and Huracan like this.
  4. Fox

Fox Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $48,380
    No. There is no shortage of businesses that need some kind of online solution.

Every year there are new products, services, and companies. Also every year people have new problems and new goals. Also every year millions of previously okay websites need updating or to be redesigned.

5,000 isn’t a lot of people. Think of how many people are interested in selling on amazon (do a YouTube search and see the numbers), or how many copies a bestselling property investment book sells, and so on. There are 100s of Facebook groups for every niche and business hustle.

Don’t stop yourself before you even start. The only real competition you will have in web design is yourself. If you can learn to sell and deliver value you will make money. You only need around 20 good clients a year to make 100k plus and you are building skill sets that easily allow you to do into saas, ecommerce, apps, and much more.

There are other ways I make money too but I know it’s not smart to talk about them. With web design though the demand is so huge and the number of good web designers so small that it won’t change anything.

5. Skyizlimit1

Skyizlimit1 New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $56
    Hi Fox. I read that you outsource stuff like wordpress. I have my first client that will want to update their website periodically. How did you outsource the wordpress aspect but keep control of the original code and design?