The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Lex DeVille's - Journey To Doctor

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The next class starts today. Psychological Research & Biblical Worldview. Make it through this one and I should be eligible for Psi Chi. I'm pretty curious about the course material and what it will cover. No idea what to expect. I like to imagine anything would be better than statistics.

The Instructor - Type Two (The Helper)
My initial Enneagram Typing of the instructor is a Two (The Helper) with a strong One Wing. Assuming I am correct, then this instructor wants to connect deeply with students and will go out of his way to help students succeed. This would also mean the instructor can be influenced by anyone who shows appreciation for his efforts or gives him even a tiny amount of attention. Contacting the instructor and establishing rapport could be particularly valuable in this course.

What makes me think he's a 2w1?
  • His health looks somewhat poor. He's overweight (common in Type Twos who overextend themselves for others while ignoring their own needs).
  • He provided his actual phone number for students to call for help (I've never seen this in any class before)
  • His past employment history is all within helping fields like crisis hotlines (common for Twos) that often have an aspect of justice or reform (working with the police on social service issues). The justice/reform aspect hints at a One Wing.
  • He mentions some credibility, including a magazine he was featured in (hinting at a possible Three Wing since Threes like to talk about their accomplishments).
  • The topic of the class, according to him, deals with what it means to live a moral life and how to help others develop a sense of right and wrong. Twos want to help others, and their One Wing makes them want to help others sort through matters of right and wrong because Ones have a strong right/wrong/good/bad mentality.
  • He posted a gif with a bunch of hearts lol (love is a super core element of Type Two)
  • He makes statements like, "Get to know me better by viewing the Class Introductions" indicated that he wants you to connect with him more, and also using the word "better" which goes back to the good/bad aspect of the One Wing.
Those are my initial thoughts. I'll proceed as if he is a Two for now and will attempt to make early contact and show appreciation for the time he spends helping students navigate the moral aspects of this class.

This should have a positive influence on grading.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The next class starts today. Psychological Research & Biblical Worldview. Make it through this one and I should be eligible for Psi Chi. I'm pretty curious about the course material and what it will cover. No idea what to expect. I like to imagine anything would be better than statistics.

My initial Enneagram Typing of the instructor is a Two (The Helper) with a strong One Wing. Assuming I am correct, then this instructor wants to connect deeply with students and will go out of his way to help students succeed. This would also mean the instructor can be influenced by anyone who shows appreciation for his efforts or gives him even a tiny amount of attention. Contacting the instructor and establishing rapport could be particularly valuable in this course.

• His health looks somewhat poor. He's overweight.
  • He provided his actual phone number for students to call for help (I've never seen this in any class before)
  • His past employment history is all within helping fields like crisis hotlines (common for Twos) that often have an aspect of justice or reform (working with the police on social service issues). The justice/reform aspect hints at a One Wing.
  • He mentions some credibility, including a magazine he was featured in (hinting at a possible Three Wing since Threes like to talk about their accomplishments).
  • The topic of the class, according to him, deals with what it means to live a moral life and how to help others develop a sense of right and wrong. Twos want to help others, and their One Wing makes them want to help others sort through matters of right and wrong because Ones have a strong right/wrong/good/bad mentality.
  • He posted a gif with a bunch of hearts lol (love is a super core element of Type Two)
  • He makes statements like, "Get to know me better by viewing the Class Introductions" indicated that he wants you to connect with him more, and also using the word "better" which goes back to the good/bad aspect of the One Wing.
Those are my initial thoughts. I'll proceed as if he is a Two for now and will attempt to make early contact and show appreciation for the time he spends helping students navigate the moral aspects of this class.

Do you play poker Lex?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Do you play poker Lex?
No, why? My friend tried to teach me one time, but I never really got into it. Same with chess, although I intend to learn chess at some point lol.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
No, why? My friend tried to teach me one time, but I never really got into it. Same with chess, although I intend to learn chess at some point lol.
Just wondering because of how you analyse people and "play the person" not just what's in front of you (the cards or the course).

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016

• His health looks somewhat poor. He's overweight (common in Type Twos who overextend themselves for others while ignoring their own needs).

I have a love-and-hate relationship with enneagram and MBTI. On one hand, I get to understand people's needs and desires better. On the other hand, it's rather easy to get some pathological manipulation going on.

Oh, and some 8s and 3s look at me like I'm the devil whenever I bring all of this up in a group discussion.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
On the other hand, it's rather easy to get some pathological manipulation going on.
Funny you should mention that. It's something I'm working through in therapy. Since I started dating again, it's hard to break away from analyzing people and just let them show me who they are.

I ended a potential relationship even though we connected well because she turned out to be a Two and I don't think I could ever get along with a Two for more than short periods.

It's hard to know if you're protecting yourself or screwing up something that could be amazing...ugh. At this point, it's second nature to analyze everyone and then future cast like a f*cking fortune teller. Except I'm not! :D

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
Funny you should mention that. It's something I'm working through in therapy. Since I started dating again, it's hard to break away from analyzing people and just let them show me who they are.

I ended a potential relationship even though we connected well because she turned out to be a Two and I don't think I could ever get along with a Two for more than short periods.

It's hard to know if you're protecting yourself or screwing up something that could be amazing...ugh. At this point, it's second nature to analyze everyone and then future cast like a f*cking fortune teller. Except I'm not! :D

Oh, yeah.

My girl is a 2w3 and an undesirable match in terms of MBTI. It just about took 3 years before we began to really understand each other and enjoy our differences. I'm an 8w7.

She's kept me accountable and pretty much remedied my natural/learned laziness. She also pushed me to get out of my comfort zone when it came to registering a company, paying taxes, making my bed, being on time, and getting my own place.

She basically made me a man even though she was really pissing me off at first. I considered breaking it off many, many times — and so did she!

Similarly, I've helped her become more assertive and direct with people when it comes to her needs. She was used to trusting people too much and getting taken advantage of while I'm very impulsive with my anger toward anyone that comes close to disrespecting or manipulating me.

Oh, and I may have destabilized her innocent brain a bit with my philosophical ramblings and divergent thinking...

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The latest course is gonna be a rough one for me. Not because the work is difficult, but because I find it hard to interpret Christian ideology into practical meaning.

A quote from my latest text:

"What term shall we use to describe the acts of God’s sovereignty by which he constitutes and upholds the totality of reality? The Bible uses many different words; it speaks of God’s power, of his breath, of his word, of his rule, of his hand, of his plan, of his will, of his call, of his decree, of his ordinances and statutes. All of these terms express some aspect of what we have been calling the sovereign activity to which created reality corresponds, but none of them captures the whole."

The text is full of fluff words and vague language. If I were reading this out of context, it would sound like cult indoctrination. Actually, even in context it kind of sounds that way.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
The latest course is gonna be a rough one for me. Not because the work is difficult, but because I find it hard to interpret Christian ideology into practical meaning.

The text is full of fluff words and vague language. If I were reading this out of context, it would sound like cult indoctrination. Actually, even in context it kind of sounds that way.
Well, it simply means 'God is powerful and real-- and this book called the Bible will show you many examples of how He works. God is BIG...so naturally ONE story by itself isn't enough to describe him fully. So read all the stories...'

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

On another note, suddenly I realised from your profile pic that you look more slimmer and toned.
You did some exercise regime I must be missing out on? :happy:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
On another note, suddenly I realised from your profile pic that you look more slimmer and toned.
You did some exercise regime I must be missing out on? :happy:
I shaved my beard in that picture. :playful:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016

It is cult indoctrination.

How to create a religion:

✅ Tell tall tales of the boogeyman and the sacrificial hero
✅ Stifle independent thought
✅ Promote obedience in the masses by instilling feelings of shame and fear
✅ ???
✅ Profit

Religion and war. They never change.

P.S. Notice I only talk of religion, not "God". I can't know if there is or isn't a god because my puny Homo sapiens brain can't comprehend it — just like an ant can't comprehend the Internet. Though I'll certainly keep trying...

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
So, I'm doing my first discussion responses this morning...

The first person to respond to my initial post based their entire response off of HALF of the first sentence of my post. Since they didn't finish reading the sentence, they came to incorrect conclusions. Then they had the nerve to write in their response that I need to dig deeper with my thought process! GFYS!!

I'm struggling not to rip this person to shreds. I don't think that would go over well in a Christian school.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
It took everything I had, but I resisted responding to the person who responded to my post.

The discussion was difficult. I didn't complete the chapter reading because it was so boring and vague. I just couldn't make sense of it. I worried that I'd missed the mark with my assignment, but I scored 60 of 60. Now I feel I've got a good read on how this course will progress.

I don't think the instructor read our posts. I think he scanned them and checked off boxes for rubric requirements. So I'll be careful to meet the requirements, but beyond that, there's no reason to stress the course material.

Seven more weeks and I can apply for Psi-Chi.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Status Report
Currently on week six of eight of "Psychological Research & Biblical Worldview." The course material is pretty easy, *knock on wood.*

Assignments
They're almost entirely restricted to discussions and essays.

Grading
I don't believe the instructor is reading the discussion posts or essays, because I wrote a 7-page essay at the last minute and didn't lose a single point due to improper formatting or grammar. The only points I've missed over the last six weeks resulted from things I overlooked in my references section. As such, my approach to assignments is as follows:
  • Watch all of the class videos
  • Ask ChatGPT to summarize the chapters
  • Craft the title page, Introduction section, and References with care (that's what the instructor reads)
  • Outline the rest of the assignment so my thoughts are in logical order
  • Fill in the blanks with generally relevant text
  • Sprinkle in quotes from the Bible, and add words like "Christianity," "Biblical worldview," and "God"
  • End the discussion post or essay with a phrase like "psychology from a Christian perspective"
ChatGPT
ChatGPT is super helpful for getting an idea of what the text covers. The summaries are good, but you have to be careful about specifying which book edition ChatGPT should summarize from, or else it seems to default to the original.

ChatGPT is also useful for searching for information in ebooks that is otherwise hard to find. Even using the search function within the ebook isn't as helpful as asking ChatGPT "Which chapter covers X topic?"

I haven't tried this yet, but I'm guessing I could use ChatGPT to quote scholarly articles, cite the source, and put the reference in APA 7 format to save time scrolling through online libraries to find a relevant article.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Another One Bites the Dust
I completed the latest class with a 99%. I've got a week-long break before the next class begins.

PSI-CHI
I'm officially eligible and sent in my application to join this morning.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

You’re an INTJ?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
My next major milestone along the road to becoming a doctor is completed!

View attachment 48718
Ohmygoshohmygodhohmygoshohmygoshhhhhhh!!!

YOU DID SO GOOD!!! Congratulations!!! You should go do something really weird to celebrate like book a floating tank session. What are those called? I can’t remember right now but you know what I mean. Or like ummm. Go book a formula one race car session.. something fun! You did it!!

Celebrate. You deserve a celebration!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
My next major milestone along the road to becoming a doctor is completed!

View attachment 48718
YEEE-HAAA

Well done Lex.

Can't exactly say there's a lot of love for the Doctorates these days...but if there was one thing I could sum up from this thread, it is that you just have to take time to grind thru stuff you DON'T love, if you are to get to the end of the tunnel.

Sounds cliche, I know. But there are days I find myself wishing I could shortcut the grind.

What's next after the Doctorate?

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
The latest class sucks so hard...

It's another quantitative statistics class and my highest quiz grade across three quizzes has been an 88/100.

I should've taken this class back-to-back with my other statistics classes.

It's harder than the other ones and builds upon them.

Oh well, I'm already in Psi Chi, so my GPA doesn't matter (except for my own feelings of accomplishment).

Technically, I still have an A in the class with 92% but I dunno how much longer I can hang on to that.

If I survive this one, then I've got another qualitative statistics class coming up... FML.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
The latest class sucks so hard...

It's another quantitative statistics class and my highest quiz grade across three quizzes has been an 88/100.

I should've taken this class back-to-back with my other statistics classes.

It's harder than the other ones and builds upon them.

Oh well, I'm already in Psi Chi, so my GPA doesn't matter (except for my own feelings of accomplishment).

Technically, I still have an A in the class with 92% but I dunno how much longer I can hang on to that.

If I survive this one, then I've got another qualitative statistics class coming up... FML.
I hear you...

I dunno how I myself survived statistics. Shit gets real robotic at times, until you forget that the data you
are doing models on are human.

Maybe that is how the corporate overlords who look at the stats all day lose their humanity lol.

But we have no choice...the experiments that make up psychology as we know it today NEED mass data.
Statistics is key to setting the right goals or benchmarks, to tell us if we are heading the right direction.

And of course, statistics is the backbone of AI.

I guess this makes Artificial Intelligence fit the Commandment of Entry (unless you do something stupid like hiring thousands of cheap Fiverr folks to run the entire scam, instead of having an actual trainable model...)

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Survived Advanced Quantitative Statistics with an A. Had to get more efficient with my study patterns. Was looking forward to getting Advanced Qualitative Statistics out of the way, but there was a mistake (not sure if mine or the school's) that dropped my last two classes. I had to re-enroll and the earliest I could take the next class is the end of next month. For now, I'm on break I guess.

Once I finish the certificate program in December, it's my last chance to go forward or not with the rest of the PhD program. Lately, life changes have me second-guessing my path. I'm less interested in the scientific side of psychology and don't see much value in a PhD other than credibility that I don't need. Plus, when I'm in school, I have a lot less time for piano.

Speaking of piano, I feel like it's one area where I can maybe do something lasting (not yet, but in time). I'm still in lessons and progressing fast (I think). My piano instructor says I'm his best student (to be fair, he hasn't taught for that long). I do know I'm the first student he's had at level 4 (the highest level). So I'm not sure what I'll do next. I'm tempted to switch to a music degree where I could double up on piano training. Guess it's another one of those *time will tell* things.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Survived Advanced Quantitative Statistics with an A. Had to get more efficient with my study patterns. Was looking forward to getting Advanced Qualitative Statistics out of the way, but there was a mistake (not sure if mine or the school's) that dropped my last two classes. I had to re-enroll and the earliest I could take the next class is the end of next month. For now, I'm on break I guess.

Once I finish the certificate program in December, it's my last chance to go forward or not with the rest of the PhD program. Lately, life changes have me second-guessing my path. I'm less interested in the scientific side of psychology and don't see much value in a PhD other than credibility that I don't need. Plus, when I'm in school, I have a lot less time for piano.

Speaking of piano, I feel like it's one area where I can maybe do something lasting (not yet, but in time). I'm still in lessons and progressing fast (I think). My piano instructor says I'm his best student (to be fair, he hasn't taught for that long). I do know I'm the first student he's had at level 4 (the highest level). So I'm not sure what I'll do next. I'm tempted to switch to a music degree where I could double up on piano training. Guess it's another one of those *time will tell* things.
I do think there's a need for learning styles for music that works. Beyond typical music theory.

While I started off with piano classes when I was a kid, the way how most teachers taught me was pretty bad.
Mostly shoving notes or classical music mumbo-jumbo down my throat, like how Asian schools do with most
other subjects. They just wanted me to finish book after book, score after score, without giving me time to digest.
Sight-reading was a struggle too.

As a result, I grew to actually detest piano.

It was only when I listened to folks like Piano Guys, that I realised 'Oh, this is what good music should sound like. Not the blockish, stiff stuff the teacher had me drill and practice over and over.'

I listened awhile to folks like Jermaine Griggs, who came from a gospel music background.

Turns out there were patterns to look out for in those black-and-white notes, behind the mumbo-jumbo.

Currently music isn't the top of my priorities, but I am open to salvaging my know-how on music.

Androgynue

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jul 20, 2023
Loved reading this thread, especially the last page. Good job completing the class! It was fun reading your analysis of your tutor too, and how you'd use that to get better marks.

The way you think is really unique but I relate. Manipulation is one of the traits I least like being conscious of about myself (I don't buy that it's a rare or unusual quality, I just think most people are less aware of their tendency to manipulate) but there are times when I just want what I want and analysing people and changing my behaviour to suit them is the most efficient way to get it.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Today's the day... Break's over.

Advanced Research: Qualitative Research and Analysis.

It's one of two remaining courses in the executive certificate program.

Here's a breakdown of the instructor's opening paragraph for personality profiling:

"Hello students! My name is Dr. R**** W****, and I am grateful for the opportunity to work with you this term! PSY*** includes a close look at the application of using qualitative research to understand human behavior. Qualitative theories and methods will be reviewed with specific focus. This course will include eight weeks, and it will begin on Monday, June 26th, and end on Friday, August 18th."

Words that stand out to me:
  • Dr.
  • grateful
  • work
  • with you
  • this term
  • close look
  • specific focus
  • (beginning and ending dates)
From these words, I might assess that her title is important enough to her to include it (some instructors don't). It's a formality. The word "grateful" could indicate Enneagram 2 or 4 tendencies, but it's what she's grateful for (the opportunity to work) that reveals more of the picture. To work is to act and to act comes from the body (Body Triad: Types 8, 9, and 1). She then returns to relational words (with you) and ends with a specific detail (this term). If I stopped assessment here, I'd conclude she is a Type 1w2.

Type 1 is detail-driven. This is reinforced in the words, "close look" which indicates both action (body), and detail (examination) and hints at the relational 2 Wing qualities (closeness). "Specific focus" further supports the Type 1 core personality. That said, her photo isn't quite what I'd expect of Type 1. She's let her hair down and her outfit is colorful. However, these could be indications of the Directional Arrows showing up (Stress moving to Type 4 traits, and health moving toward Type 7 traits).

One final caveat is that Type 1 can be easily confused with Type 6. I'll keep that in mind, but I'll approach as if she's Type 1 for now. They seem fairly common in academic settings. Deadlines will be important. Attention to detail. Providing specific information in communications. Submitting assignments early. Being helpful and supportive of classmates will probably gain her favor due to the 2 Wing.

Going Forward

I don't think I'll continue the psychology PhD program after I finish the EC portion. As of now, I intend to switch to a different doctoral program with the same school that I can complete in about the same timeframe. I'd like to pursue a degree that places more emphasis on areas like law, regluations, and policies. This area supports where I see my entrepreneurial journey potentially heading very soon.

Last edited:

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
May 18, 2023

Here's a breakdown of the instructor's opening paragraph for personality profiling:

"Hello students! My name is Dr. Robin Walsh, and I am grateful for the opportunity to work with you this term! PSYC 810 includes a close look at the application of using qualitative research to understand human behavior. Qualitative theories and methods will be reviewed with specific focus. This course will include eight weeks, and it will begin on Monday, June 26th, and end on Friday, August 18th."

• Dr.
  • grateful
  • work
  • with you
  • this term
  • close look
  • specific focus
From these words, I might assess that her title is important enough to her to include it (some instructors don't). It's a formality. The word "grateful" could indicate Enneagram 2 or 4 tendencies, but it's what she's grateful for (the opportunity to work) that reveals more of the picture. To work is to act and to act comes from the body (Body Triad: Types 8, 9, and 1). She then returns to relational words (with you) and ends with a specific detail (this term). If I stopped assessment here, I'd conclude she is a Type 1w2.

Type 1 is detail-driven. This is reinforced in the words, "close look" which indicates both action (body), and detail (examination) and hints at the relational 2 Wing qualities (closeness). "Specific focus" further supports the Type 1 core personality. That said, her photo isn't quite what I'd expect of Type 1. She's let her hair down and her outfit is colorful. However, these could be indications of the Directional Arrows showing up (Stress moving to Type 4 traits, and health moving toward Type 7 traits).

One final caveat is that Type 1 can be easily confused with Type 6. I'll keep that in mind, but I'll approach as if she's Type 1 for now. They seem fairly common in academic settings. Deadlines will be important. Attention to detail. Providing specific information in communications. Submitting assignments early. Being helpful and supportive of classmates will probably gain her favor due to the 2 Wing.

Going Forward

I don't think I'll continue the psychology PhD program after I finish the EC portion. As of now, I intend to switch to a different doctoral program with the same school that I can complete in about the same timeframe. I'd like to pursue a degree that places more emphasis on areas like law, regluations, and policies. This area supports where I see my entrepreneurial journey potentially heading very soon.
Best of luck man.

I did not understand how you were able to study her off her language that quickly bro.

I would have just assumed she was a human and leaving it at that..

But for real, you’ve come a long way, I'm excited for the next update

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

"Hello students! My name is Dr. Robin Walsh, and I am grateful for the opportunity to work with you this term! PSYC 810 includes a close look at the application of using qualitative research to understand human behavior. Qualitative theories and methods will be reviewed with specific focus. This course will include eight weeks, and it will begin on Monday, June 26th, and end on Friday, August 18th."

• Dr.
  • grateful
  • work
  • with you
  • this term
  • close look
  • specific focus

Going Forward

Blimey. I'm worried about writing anything Lex reads now.

What about the exclamation marks? She ends the first two sentences with exclamation marks which seems a bit gushy to me.

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Blimey. I'm worried about writing anything Lex reads now.

What about the exclamation marks? She ends the first two sentences with exclamation marks which seems a bit gushy to me.

Most instructors start with exclamation points at the beginning of a class. They want students to be excited and to know that they are excited, especially in classes that involve statistics (because students hate those classes and quickly lose motivation).

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Most instructors start with exclamation points at the beginning of a class. They want students to be excited and to know that they are excited, especially in classes that involve statistics (because students hate those classes and quickly lose motivation).
Gotcha. Hard to get excited about stats.

My thinking has always been that using exclamation points to get people excited means you've not written it well enough in the first place.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.