The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Just a new guy here. Building a healthy fast food startup.

AllenOn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jul 4, 2022
Hello everyone. A friend introduced me to this website. I haven't really used forums before, so not too sure how to most effectively work on here, but I read through some of the tips. Just introducing myself for now.

I come from a Chinese/Vietnamese working class family. Father was a cook and mother was a seamstress. We weren't poor as in like poverty level poor, but I did learn to be thrifty very early on. Never expected birthday or Christmas presents and almost never got them. I went to a military college after high school. Did five years active duty in the Navy after that. Lived in Japan for four years due to the Navy, traveled a lot, seen most of Asia and parts of Europe. Began investing in my Roth IRA at age 21, stocks at 22, Roth TSP (Military equivalent of the 401k) at 24, silver at 28 and crypto at 29. I'm 30 right now.

I got out of the military at age 27 and went all in on entrepreneurship. Wasn't too sure what field I should do at first. It was pretty rough initially especially with having just transitioned out of the military and having no income for a while. My first business was sort of in the real estate side. It failed not due to running out of funds, but rather me realizing that it wasn't what I wanted to do long term and not being passionate about the business. Also had a partner who didn't really have the same goals as me. I learned a lot and am now working on building a healthy fast food startup near Dallas Texas. I know that this is something that I'm passionate about and am all in on it, down to the last cent in my retirement savings if need be. Because some of my stocks have done quite well, I'm not really in need or looking for angel investors, venture capital, bank loans, etc. Interested in a mentor though. Also quite interested in mentor others as well.

On the personal side, I would like to meet the right woman, build a family and ideally not get divorced (seems prevalent nowadays), but I'm mostly just focused on building a business right now. I do have serious plans of expanding out of the food industry in the future, but expect that to be 10-15 years from now maybe. I also have plans of buying land (not necessarily in the US) and hiring civil engineers and architects to build my house exactly the way I want it.

Sorry that was a long post, but the tips said to write more than just "Hello, I'm new here", so I decided to put in some details.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
639%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Hi everyone. A friend introduced me to this website. I haven't really used forums before, so not too sure how to most effectively work on here. Just introducing myself. Former Navy Officer who became a civilian and is now working on building a healthy fast food startup. Near Dallas Texas. Not in need of angel investors, venture capital or money. Interested in a mentor though. Also very interested in mentoring others if I can help them in anyway in their life.
Welcome - and you've found the right place for mindset and tons of experts surrounding many areas of business.

Can you talk more about your concept of what you plan to offer. Is it a restaurant? Meal Plan service? Food Truck? Excited to hear what your plans are. Do you have much restaurant experience currently?

AllenOn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jul 4, 2022
Welcome - and you've found the right place for mindset and tons of experts surrounding many areas of business.

Can you talk more about your concept of what you plan to offer. Is it a restaurant? Meal Plan service? Food Truck? Excited to hear what your plans are. Do you have much restaurant experience currently?
Thanks. It is a food truck for now. More specifically a food trailer. Lower startup costs. I do plan on transitioning to retail restaurants after getting this one running well though. Not planning on meal plan service right now, but maybe in the future. I worked in restaurants for 6 months after getting out of the Navy just to learn more about the industry. I have been cooking since I was a teenager though, but I got serious into it when I started living on my own. So you can say that I've been cooking on a seriously level for 8 years. Photos of the food trailer should be attached below. Menu also for now. Everything is still a work in progress. Sorry that the orientation of the second picture is off. Can't seem to get it to rotate on this website no matter how it is on my computer.

Attachments

• tempImageiG96ax.png
    tempImageiG96ax.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • tempImage1O6od9.png
    tempImage1O6od9.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 13
  • tempImageZsBSBA.png
    tempImageZsBSBA.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 84132EC3-F9DA-43D3-9837-87CEC9D50434.jpeg
    84132EC3-F9DA-43D3-9837-87CEC9D50434.jpeg
    128.5 KB · Views: 19

Mat79

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
May 2, 2020
Dallas, TX
How many meals have you sold so far? Remember you don't need to buy anything until you have evidence that strangers will spend money for your product. Have you gotten direct feedback from individuals not related to you (who wouldn't be obligated to be nice) about the quality of your food and their willingness to pay for it?

Have you considered catering events to start? Have you looked into catering for military units? I know National Guard units often get catered food monthly during their drill days.

Do you plan to have any vegan options? Have you researched the other healthy food options in your area and compared you value skew to theirs? Have you identified you ideal/target customer? Have you started a social media channel where you post about topics related to healthy eating - a blog, YouTube, Instagram, etc.?

If you plan to eventually follow a fast food template, have you worked to simplify and standardize the process of preparing your meals so that customers get a consistent product in a time frame they would be happy with? Have you also considered creating pre-packaged meals? It would probably be easier to turn that into a scalable business rather than running food trucks and restaurants.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

AllenOn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jul 4, 2022
How many meals have you sold so far? Remember you don't need to buy anything until you have evidence that strangers will spend money for your product. Have you gotten direct feedback from individuals not related to you (who wouldn't be obligated to be nice) about the quality of your food and their willingness to pay for it?

Have you considered catering events to start? Have you looked into catering for military units? I know National Guard units often get catered food monthly during their drill days.

Do you plan to have any vegan options? Have you researched the other healthy food options in your area and compared you value skew to theirs? Have you identified you ideal/target customer? Have you started a social media channel where you post about topics related to healthy eating - a blog, YouTube, Instagram, etc.?

If you plan to eventually follow a fast food template, have you worked to simplify and standardize the process of preparing your meals so that customers get a consistent product in a time frame they would be happy with? Have you also considered creating pre-packaged meals? It would probably be easier to turn that into a scalable business rather than running food trucks and restaurants.
I haven't officially launched yet so haven't officially sold yet. Expecting to launch within two weeks or so. But I have tested the food with people not related to me. Gotten positive and negative feedback and refined the recipes.

That military idea is good. I'll look into that. I have one vegan option. I have social media, but nothing on it so far cause I'm mostly just working on getting production up and running at the moment. Will do social more later.

I have simplified and standardize the process.

I'm not really wanting to do prepackaged meals, cause they don't taste as good as fresh food.

Karume

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Aug 14, 2018
Hello everyone. A friend introduced me to this website. I haven't really used forums before, so not too sure how to most effectively work on here, but I read through some of the tips. Just introducing myself for now.

I come from a Chinese/Vietnamese working class family. Father was a cook and mother was a seamstress. We weren't poor as in like poverty level poor, but I did learn to be thrifty very early on. Never expected birthday or Christmas presents and almost never got them. I went to a military college after high school. Did five years active duty in the Navy after that. Lived in Japan for four years due to the Navy, traveled a lot, seen most of Asia and parts of Europe. Began investing in my Roth IRA at age 21, stocks at 22, Roth TSP (Military equivalent of the 401k) at 24, silver at 28 and crypto at 29. I'm 30 right now.

I got out of the military at age 27 and went all in on entrepreneurship. Wasn't too sure what field I should do at first. It was pretty rough initially especially with having just transitioned out of the military and having no income for a while. My first business was sort of in the real estate side. It failed not due to running out of funds, but rather me realizing that it wasn't what I wanted to do long term and not being passionate about the business. Also had a partner who didn't really have the same goals as me. I learned a lot and am now working on building a healthy fast food startup near Dallas Texas. I know that this is something that I'm passionate about and am all in on it, down to the last cent in my retirement savings if need be. Because some of my stocks have done quite well, I'm not really in need or looking for angel investors, venture capital, bank loans, etc. Interested in a mentor though. Also quite interested in mentor others as well.

On the personal side, I would like to meet the right woman, build a family and ideally not get divorced (seems prevalent nowadays), but I'm mostly just focused on building a business right now. I do have serious plans of expanding out of the food industry in the future, but expect that to be 10-15 years from now maybe. I also have plans of buying land (not necessarily in the US) and hiring civil engineers and architects to build my house exactly the way I want it.

Sorry that was a long post, but the tips said to write more than just "Hello, I'm new here", so I decided to put in some details.
Welcome on board. You are in the right place.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...