Hello everyone. A friend introduced me to this website. I haven't really used forums before, so not too sure how to most effectively work on here, but I read through some of the tips. Just introducing myself for now.
I come from a Chinese/Vietnamese working class family. Father was a cook and mother was a seamstress. We weren't poor as in like poverty level poor, but I did learn to be thrifty very early on. Never expected birthday or Christmas presents and almost never got them. I went to a military college after high school. Did five years active duty in the Navy after that. Lived in Japan for four years due to the Navy, traveled a lot, seen most of Asia and parts of Europe. Began investing in my Roth IRA at age 21, stocks at 22, Roth TSP (Military equivalent of the 401k) at 24, silver at 28 and crypto at 29. I'm 30 right now.
I got out of the military at age 27 and went all in on entrepreneurship. Wasn't too sure what field I should do at first. It was pretty rough initially especially with having just transitioned out of the military and having no income for a while. My first business was sort of in the real estate side. It failed not due to running out of funds, but rather me realizing that it wasn't what I wanted to do long term and not being passionate about the business. Also had a partner who didn't really have the same goals as me. I learned a lot and am now working on building a healthy fast food startup near Dallas Texas. I know that this is something that I'm passionate about and am all in on it, down to the last cent in my retirement savings if need be. Because some of my stocks have done quite well, I'm not really in need or looking for angel investors, venture capital, bank loans, etc. Interested in a mentor though. Also quite interested in mentor others as well.
On the personal side, I would like to meet the right woman, build a family and ideally not get divorced (seems prevalent nowadays), but I'm mostly just focused on building a business right now. I do have serious plans of expanding out of the food industry in the future, but expect that to be 10-15 years from now maybe. I also have plans of buying land (not necessarily in the US) and hiring civil engineers and architects to build my house exactly the way I want it.
Sorry that was a long post, but the tips said to write more than just "Hello, I'm new here", so I decided to put in some details.
I come from a Chinese/Vietnamese working class family. Father was a cook and mother was a seamstress. We weren't poor as in like poverty level poor, but I did learn to be thrifty very early on. Never expected birthday or Christmas presents and almost never got them. I went to a military college after high school. Did five years active duty in the Navy after that. Lived in Japan for four years due to the Navy, traveled a lot, seen most of Asia and parts of Europe. Began investing in my Roth IRA at age 21, stocks at 22, Roth TSP (Military equivalent of the 401k) at 24, silver at 28 and crypto at 29. I'm 30 right now.
I got out of the military at age 27 and went all in on entrepreneurship. Wasn't too sure what field I should do at first. It was pretty rough initially especially with having just transitioned out of the military and having no income for a while. My first business was sort of in the real estate side. It failed not due to running out of funds, but rather me realizing that it wasn't what I wanted to do long term and not being passionate about the business. Also had a partner who didn't really have the same goals as me. I learned a lot and am now working on building a healthy fast food startup near Dallas Texas. I know that this is something that I'm passionate about and am all in on it, down to the last cent in my retirement savings if need be. Because some of my stocks have done quite well, I'm not really in need or looking for angel investors, venture capital, bank loans, etc. Interested in a mentor though. Also quite interested in mentor others as well.
On the personal side, I would like to meet the right woman, build a family and ideally not get divorced (seems prevalent nowadays), but I'm mostly just focused on building a business right now. I do have serious plans of expanding out of the food industry in the future, but expect that to be 10-15 years from now maybe. I also have plans of buying land (not necessarily in the US) and hiring civil engineers and architects to build my house exactly the way I want it.
Sorry that was a long post, but the tips said to write more than just "Hello, I'm new here", so I decided to put in some details.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
