The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I'm looking for a mentor

bearsgrateful

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 11, 2021
20+ years as an entrepreneur and my time as a "street entrepreneur" isn't calculated in these years. I can't actually count how many times that I actually started a company, some fantastic wins and sadly some huge failures. For many of the years I pointed at circumstances and always looked at things as if they were out of my control or even blamed the people that I decided to be involved with. Comedy, right? I was born an entrepreneur and come from a long line of them in my family tree. And still, some how always fall short. Over the years I have consumed 100's of books focused on business building and never really applied any of the principles.

Up until recently I had been trading my time for money and never had a problem making more than my peers. Mostly from straight hustle and doing whatever it took to take care of myself in the beginning. I kept moving into service based businesses coming from mentor advice "stick with what you know", LAUGHS.. So here I am, at the beginning again.

I have to say thank you to MJ and the Fastlane then Unscripted for opening my eyes. I am not sure why I didn't listen the first time I read the book but just recently after a re-read my eyes are open. I am literally building a business based only from the Commandments. I am now focused and driven by purpose with a whole new arsenal of tools. I could be heading toward another colossal failure but the good news is that I am a battle scarred solider in this game and I always burn the boats.

Now that I have started a new journey in a different space I am seeking mentorship with someone who feels like they want to pay forward. I am a humble student of the art and come here with an open mind. I appreciate anyone's feedback, input or guidance. Thank You!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Well you're in the right place :) There's tonnes of great advice and many people who are willing to help here. Give advice where you can, be friendly, and don't be afraid to open up about yourself too!

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Mentorship can be great but the contact needs to be personal and close. The INSIDERS might be a place for you to unwrap your thoughts and progress in more detail without fear of publicity. Caring individuals with all sorts of experiences and expertise might help you with feedback, input and guidance but it depends on how much you choose to share with us. Quite literally I think that people, such as me, would be happy to jump on discord and help out.

I sense you are past the stage of reading books and getting more information, unless you have been reading the wrong books. Your experiences and failures taught you more about the game than any course or book can teach you.

The game is about consistency and persistency. You are still here and it shows that you have the right character for it.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Welcome. The forum is your mentor.

Seeking out an individual to help you is far too self centered. Nobody has time for that. And never forget the fundamental truth of humanity: outside of your immediate personal circle, nobody cares about you. We only care about ourselves.

bearsgrateful

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 11, 2021
Welcome. The forum is your mentor.

Seeking out an individual to help you is far too self centered. Nobody has time for that. And never forget the fundamental truth of humanity: outside of your immediate personal circle, nobody cares about you. We only care about ourselves.
Super interesting. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

bearsgrateful

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 11, 2021
Mentorship can be great but the contact needs to be personal and close. The INSIDERS might be a place for you to unwrap your thoughts and progress in more detail without fear of publicity. Caring individuals with all sorts of experiences and expertise might help you with feedback, input and guidance but it depends on how much you choose to share with us. Quite literally I think that people, such as me, would be happy to jump on discord and help out.

I sense you are past the stage of reading books and getting more information, unless you have been reading the wrong books. Your experiences and failures taught you more about the game than any course or book can teach you.

The game is about consistency and persistency. You are still here and it shows that you have the right character for it.
I really appreciate the input and will check out The INSIDERS. Thank you for your response!

Alxf

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Feb 28, 2021
Japan

I don't think this is necessarily true on a deeper level. Past a certain point of personal success, people start to have "taken in" enough for themselves, and find that they get more satisfaction out of giving back to others.

I'm not nearly as successful as some of the people on this forum, but I personally enjoy spending some time mentoring certain people knowing that there really isn't much in it for me in the material sense. If anything, this is a way to *build* your "immediate personal circle" and connect with others on a meaningful level. It's satisfying to see people grow and to be a small part of their personal journey.

On a bigger scale, consider this whole forum.

I'm pretty sure at this point @MJ DeMarco doesn't *have* to do any of this for money, and could sit on a beach and sip martini's the rest of his life.. but it would be boring and meaningless. MJ wants to help a lot of us in a somewhat more "impersonal" manner, but there are plenty who derive satisfaction from one-on-one interaction.

Perhaps it would be helpful to post more specifics about yourself and your journey rather than generalities. That might help you connect with someone who resonates with your experience and background, and can say "ahh yeah, I've been there, I figured out how to move forward, and I'd be happy to help you short-cut the process".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...