The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings Fastlaners!

ud4090v

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Jun 17, 2021
My name is Serge and I just have joined this community after reading MJ's Unscripted and Fastlane books. Both are great and got a great deal of knowledge I found very valuable. I'm probably half-way down the full unscription journey. Run my own consulting business since early 2000, but it's not detachable so more like a job now. My wife and I have started and failed at many ventures over time, but every time we learned new valuable lessons so the overall trend is upwards :)
I'm working on the new biz idea at the moment and joined the forum to hopefully gain some extra knowledge and get some feedback that might help me along the way. I just so happened to have an access to a few ancient rock salt mines including Himalayan salt rocks (when I say access I mean access to practically free/very cheap sourcing). I am researching the current organic salt products offered (e.g. Redmond Salt) to figure out where I can skew value (besides offering lower prices, which I believe I can pain-free) to create my own unique product, or a family of products to offer. Any insides around rock salt bulk import, licensing, etc. are appreciated, as well as product ideas :)
Again, greetings to every one - Happy to be a part of this community!
Mac

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Mac, happy to hear you found some value in the books!

Flint

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Jul 14, 2020
Welcome!

I'm working on the new biz idea at the moment and joined the forum to hopefully gain some extra knowledge and get some feedback that might help me along the way. I just so happened to have an access to a few ancient rock salt mines including Himalayan salt rocks (when I say access I mean access to practically free/very cheap sourcing). I am researching the current organic salt products offered (e.g. Redmond Salt) to figure out where I can skew value (besides offering lower prices, which I believe I can pain-free) to create my own unique product, or a family of products to offer. Any insides around rock salt bulk import, licensing, etc. are appreciated, as well as product ideas

Normally, I wouldn't think about salt. I just use it and it... just is.

But I thought it'd be a great challenge to figure something out.

First of all, I wouldn't compete on price. Aim high. Find salt enthusiasts who want to pay premium.

So I came across this (BTW can you see author's excitement?):

It's tiny. Like a box of matches. Only 10 grams / 0.35 oz. Costs $3. Meaning the price point is $300 per kg.

But you may say these are fancy sea salt flakes.

Well...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kp5Xa7BMtM

You could even add more finesse to it, with additional ingredients and solid branding. Like this:

Then I'd like to see a bigger picture. I'd be interested in the whole customer experience. Who my potential customers are? What do they buy? What do they share on social media? How does their lifestyle looks?

Salt would be just a conversation starter. A foot in the door to their world.

I'd like to get to know them much more. Long term/big picture: what would be my brand and future product portfolio that could complement their life?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...