The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Goal: $1000 p/m. Method: Creating Private Label Rights Digital Products

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AndrePreneaur

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 25, 2020
Hi,

I'm mainly putting up this thread for myself. It's so easy to get distracted, especially with all these shiny objects laying around.

My aim: build a digital business, selling private label rights products. Articles, ebooks, blog posts that people can buy and use as their own content, with a little freelancing on the side.

I believe this does lend itself to the fastlane way of doing business. Digital products, once made can be sold over and over.

It's gonna be a tough slog in the beginning, as I'll be writing most of the content myself. Eventually writing will be outsourced, but it's not a good idea in the beginning unless you have money to burn.

Most difficult part of it -- writing in general, sucks. The only enjoyable part really, is seeing the end result. Having to sit down on a daily basis, without being distracted is a monumental task. The business model itself also comes with it's ups and downs. Each launch of a new product -- you never know whether it will be a success, or bomb completely. You have to develop a mindset of keep going no matter what. Build a foundation. You could put in weeks of effort only to see all of it circle the drain.

But if you carry on, keep producing, keep going, keep going, and I've seen people do it, you pass the barrier of entry to this industry and start building a nice little business.

It's just the sticking with it that's the tough part.

It's 4pm and I've already spent most of the day busy, yet doing F' all. Must break this habit.

My goal/tasks for my first product: 35 articles, 3000 word lead magnet, 9000 word ebook, squeeze page, 5 promotional emails, 10+ promo vids, sales page, cheatsheet + more.

I aim to keep this thread updated with my progress, how the first launch goes, and how things open up.

Let's do this...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrePreneaur

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 25, 2020
If anyone has techniques about staying on track, sticking with one idea and not jumping on to another "opportunity" when the going gets tough."Embracing the suck". Any advice appreciated.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
If anyone has techniques about staying on track, sticking with one idea and not jumping on to another "opportunity" when the going gets tough."Embracing the suck". Any advice appreciated.

My goal/tasks for my first product: 35 articles, 3000 word lead magnet, 9000 word ebook, squeeze page, 5 promotional emails, 10+ promo vids, sales page, cheatsheet + more.

I'd break your tasks down into the smallest pieces possible. The more granular you make them the easier they will be to do, so the less fear you will have, therefore the less propensity to procrastinate. For complex writing tasks I like Scrivener for this.

Use a program like Trello, Monday etc. to organise your day (@LightHouse has a great thread here on using Trello).

And most of all commit to the ONE business idea you have spent a lot of time and conscious thought deciding upon. Just remember that shiny object syndrome is just your amygdala trying to sabotage your progress as it feels it is outside its comfort zone. Learn to ignore that little voice and push through. Tell it you have committed to this plan for the next 6 months or so and will evaluate the situation once you have given it a your all.

Create a daily routine of good working practices. Your brain loves repetition and routine and will reward you by making them easier and easier until they become entrenched habits.

Lastly wean yourself off of social media and games by making them harder to access (move, delete or time limit them). In other words trade your bad habits for good ones.

Oh and welcome to the forum and good luck.

AndrePreneaur

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 25, 2020
And most of all commit to the ONE business idea you have spent a lot of time and conscious thought deciding upon. Just remember that shiny object syndrome is just your amygdala trying to sabotage your progress as it feels it is outside its comfort zone.
Love that advice, thank-you.

BTW, how do you get privileges to pm others here? Do you need to be a paid member?

AndrePreneaur

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 25, 2020
Lastly wean yourself off of social media and games by making them harder to access (move, delete or time limit them). In other words trade your bad habits for good ones.
I've been using LipSurf to write the articles on Google docs, with a pomodoro timer. Beauty of using LipSurf is you can say "open facebook.com for ____ minutes/seconds", so when you're on the break, you can tell it open for 5 minutes, and the tab will close itself after that time.

Some days pomodoro timers work wonders, other days, it's all very well setting the timer, but actually focusing and getting things done in those 25 minutes, doesn't happen.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Love that advice, thank-you.

BTW, how do you get privileges to pm others here? Do you need to be a paid member?

Not sure if there are limits placed on PMing as a New Contributor. Some members have their PM settings turned off. You are welcome to try to connect with me to see if you have PM privileges as I have mine set to accept personal messages.

Adir Barak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Dec 20, 2020
You have to develop a marathon mindset, and realize that people tend to overestimate their short-term capabilites and way underestimate their long-term capabilites (probably has something to do with compunding knowledge and experties and less flactuations in results).

You set a substantial timeframe in which you commit NO MATTER HOW LOW THINGS GET and focus on the marathon, not the sprint.
You take in the fact that failing 36 times is irrelevant in the long term, that every hard day and failure along the way is meaningless becuase you are going to try 3,600 times, maybe 36,000 times, maybe more. wonder how F*cking great are you gonna be at thing you did thousands of times? unmeasureably better than you are at it today.

how hard is it? extremely. how efficient is it? extremely.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.