The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finding VAs in Facebook groups (instead of Upwork or Fiverr)

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Pinnacle

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Oct 29, 2007
Edmond, Oklahoma
I had trouble finding a comment in the "Solopreneurs doing $1M or more..." thread specifically related to this, but I started hiring VAs via Facebook groups a little over a month ago on a recommendation from an Internet marketer friend of mine.

So I posted this to our Instagram account a few weeks ago.

Obviously there is quality vetting involved. Once introductions, rate discussion, and portfolio reviews were over with, I had the benefit of a step-by-step procedure I had written on exactly what I needed.

This digital document contained detailed steps of what the process was and what its results needed to look like. Having done this eliminated the back-and-forth progress reports and reviews, miscommunication, and delayed completion too common when dealing with VAs of foreign decent.

{What I learned recently from Doug Cunnington was that if your VAs screw up, it's more than likely your fault. Cool, I'm all about asking myself "What could I have done differently?"}

My VA and I communicated through Messenger before I moved us exclusively to email only.

Assigning the 1st task, of course, took the intro, rate discussion, etc. mentioned above. The subsequent assignments I have delegated since literally took 2 (two) messages a piece:

...in nutshell...

Me: "Here is what I need and when it's due."
Her: "No problem. Thank you for the work. I'll attach and send to you when I'm done."

Done. Easiest outsourcing in the world.

As you know, there are entire threads of discussion surrounding "do I use foreign or domestic VAs", "how do you get around the language barrier", etc. I was advised to START with Filipino VAs because they have a stronger command of the English language, typically. So, I did.

Anyhow, this was the first business I've ever built by beginning with the end in mind. I began building with VAs and freelancers.

Goodness Gracious! What a weight it has taken off my shoulders and my mood has been SO MUCH BETTER the past several weeks because of it.

I LOVE producing more while working less.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BobW78

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Apr 3, 2017
Ottawa On Canada
Can you recommend any particular FB groups? I'll be needing some graphic design work done at some point.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.