The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane failure

LeanOnLydia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
May 2, 2024
Hello people, I'm Lydia and I'm thus far a fastlane failure. I'm here to change that, here's my story - in a nutshell - my 6 figure failure:

I began my 'career' as a hairstylist for at 16 for 10 yrs before quitting in favour of a fancy degree at university of Cambridge (I'm British).

Then into a corporate career in mining, oil, and gas, which lasted 18 months before I quit to go meditate and became a chilled but broke meditation teacher.

When I woke up I went to back to what I knew and became a self employed hairstylist - definitely not what I imagined after Cambridge but I learned sales and marketing skills, earning more than ever before.

I got the bug for entrepreneurship, and went into diamonds with no experience.

I hit 6 figures by creating engagement ring design packages focused on using personal stories to create the rings.

I hit 6 fig in 8 months once I figured this out and learned how to win cold biz from fb ads and create sales processes plus sell over the phone among other jewellery specific skills.

I have yet to repeat this because I realised this isn't scaleable and I'm onto my next venture, currently experimenting with YouTube.

I have no idea yet where this will lead but I want to make money digitally and figure out what I can create that people actually want at scale.

I'd love to know MJs story about jewellery!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello people, I'm Lydia and I'm thus far a fastlane failure. I'm here to change that, here's my story - in a nutshell - my 6 figure failure:

I began my 'career' as a hairstylist for at 16 for 10 yrs before quitting in favour of a fancy degree at university of Cambridge (I'm British).

Then into a corporate career in mining, oil, and gas, which lasted 18 months before I quit to go meditate and became a chilled but broke meditation teacher.

When I woke up I went to back to what I knew and became a self employed hairstylist - definitely not what I imagined after Cambridge but I learned sales and marketing skills, earning more than ever before.

I got the bug for entrepreneurship, and went into diamonds with no experience.

I hit 6 figures by creating engagement ring design packages focused on using personal stories to create the rings.

I hit 6 fig in 8 months once I figured this out and learned how to win cold biz from fb ads and create sales processes plus sell over the phone among other jewellery specific skills.

I have yet to repeat this because I realised this isn't scaleable and I'm onto my next venture, currently experimenting with YouTube.

I have no idea yet where this will lead but I want to make money digitally and figure out what I can create that people actually want at scale.

I'd love to know MJs story about jewellery!
An Oxbridge grad hitting 6 figures in business, what failure?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Kcuts is growing like a wildfire in Singapore. Hairdressing is a necessary expenditure and recurring revenue business (if the customer keeps coming back).

I used to go to a Salon where booking was needed, it was more pricy, but no one noticed my hairstyle.

After going to Kcuts, no booking was needed, and everyone noticed my hairstyle.

And it is cheaper.

They standardized hairdressing like a fast-food operation.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...