The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Experience Helping Entreprenuers Get Out of Facebook Jail

Unlockedbox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 3, 2021
Hi all, I joined this forum because I saw a thread about the topic I'm posting about - but now I can't find it, so my apologies if this topic should have been posted in an existing thread.

My name is Susan and I'm a business coach and very happy to be here!

I have a dear long-time client whose Facebook business page has been restricted from placing ads.

The digital marketing agency I had him working with could not get him out of Facebook "jail" or figure out what's going on or what's wrong and I've come to understand that getting Facebook to lift those restrictions is VERY difficult.

So, I need to find someone experienced with helping entrepreneurs figure out what's going on with their Facebook accounts and getting restrictions lifted.

When I logged into Facebook as my client, I could see that the original digital agency had asked for a review of the page and was rejected by Facebook, but there are also several business pages connected to his account that he is not even sure what they are and I can't even tell what the real problem is.

I called another digital marketing firm I work with and they explained that they had tried to help one of their clients get out of Facebook jail and failed. They shared that doing this really requires specialized knowledge and expertise and suggested I try posting in a forum where I might find the right person to work with my client.

Does anyone here have experience in getting business owners/entrepreneurs out of Facebook jail so they can promote their businesses via Facebook ads?

Especially, anyone who has done this successfully in the past?

If yes, I would be most grateful to hear from you and better understand your experience with this and introduce you to my client. He is great guy and has a great new business he wants to promote via paid social and he has been literally stuck for over a year - he finally reached out to me and asked if I knew anyone and apparently I don't! - so crossing my fingers that someone might be here!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

@MJ DeMarco - thanks for granting permission for me to join Fastlane for this reason. Even though I explained to you why I was joining (to post this post) and you granted me access (SO APPRECIATED!) I don't know for certain if I'm not breaking any rules. I'm assuming I'm not given what I wrote about why I want to join, but if I am just let me know!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hi all, I joined this forum because I saw a thread about the topic I'm posting about - but now I can't find it, so my apologies if this topic should have been posted in an existing thread.

My name is Susan and I'm a business coach and very happy to be here!

I have a dear long-time client whose Facebook business page has been restricted from placing ads.

The digital marketing agency I had him working with could not get him out of Facebook "jail" or figure out what's going on or what's wrong and I've come to understand that getting Facebook to lift those restrictions is VERY difficult.

So, I need to find someone experienced with helping entrepreneurs figure out what's going on with their Facebook accounts and getting restrictions lifted.

When I logged into Facebook as my client, I could see that the original digital agency had asked for a review of the page and was rejected by Facebook, but there are also several business pages connected to his account that he is not even sure what they are and I can't even tell what the real problem is.

I called another digital marketing firm I work with and they explained that they had tried to help one of their clients get out of Facebook jail and failed. They shared that doing this really requires specialized knowledge and expertise and suggested I try posting in a forum where I might find the right person to work with my client.

Does anyone here have experience in getting business owners/entrepreneurs out of Facebook jail so they can promote their businesses via Facebook ads?

If yes, I would be most grateful to hear from you and better understand your experience with this and introduce you to my client. He is great guy and has a great new business he wants to promote via paid social and he has been literally stuck for over a year - he finally reached out to me and asked if I knew anyone and apparently I don't! - so crossing my fingers that someone might be here!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

@MJ DeMarco - thanks for granting permission for me to join Fastlane for this reason. Even though I explained to you why I was joining (to post this post) and you granted me access (SO APPRECIATED!) I don't know for certain if I'm not breaking any rules. I'm assuming I'm not given what I wrote about why I want to join, but if I am just let me know!

Not sure anyone can help. I'm having similar problems with my accounts. Aside from Facebook having ZERO customer support (they're worse than the IRS) and ZERO ability to contact a live human being, I find most of its interface doesn't work. Anytime I try to manage my pages, I get error, after error. Or, it just keeps asking the same questions, with no results.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario

I have, but you're probably not gonna like what I have to say about it.

For reference: I've spent some 8 figures on FB ads in my short career. I've gotten several different accounts unbanned.

There's no secret to getting people reapproved to run ads. You either have to prove that the ban was done in error, or you're going to have to eat the ban. There's no specialized knowledge required. How can there be specialized knowledge if it's FB that decides if you're banned or not? Makes no sense to me.

I have no idea what happened to your client's account, and from the sound of it, it sounds like your client either (1) doesn't know either or (2) is lying to you. If it's #1, it's probably the digital agency he worked with running some stuff that they shouldn't have. IF that's the case, you're gonna have to eat the ban.

If the ban was done in error, you have to roll the dice and send a support ticket.

I've tried most workarounds (create a new FB account, use another person's FB account as the advertiser, create a new BM) and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. You're kind of forced to do whatever you can.

Facebook does not make the review process easy, and they've trimmed down their support. They've now decided they will ask for your ID in some cases (wtf?!)

Here's a quote from @eliquid who also runs a lot of FB ads:

This has been going on since 2007, when I got into FB ads.

This happens at the small level ( small spends ) and at the large brand level. I've worked on ad accounts that spend $100k+ a day and it happens there too.

If you want to continue working with FB, you need to have:

1. Backup business manager accounts
2. Backup ad accounts
3. Backup FB pages
4. Backup domains/URLs
5. Backup ads and LPs ( designs, etc )
6. Backup cards, potentially with different billing addresses and card user names
7. Backup FB users who are admins to the different pages and ad accounts

If you aren't willing to go that far, then don't do FB anymore. I'm not saying you have to, but why half a$$ stuff?

I've been having to do this since 2007, but when the money is good why would you not do it? If you are tired of doing it then why havent you hired someone else to do it for you if the money is as good as you say?

It sounds like you haven't built out systems. All of the above should be a system that provides you insurance for a rainy day.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I just got banned today for advertising on a new page. I was shocked they let me start and sunk a few bucks into follower harvesting. Got 275 getting down to 4 cents a like and the ban hammer came because Im a cannabis page. They also banned my ability to advertise for events which hurts as its a great tool and moved many tickets through FB before. Instagram banned me too for advertising. Luckily many niche platforms have popped up and I have safe places to market, but nothing beats FB and Insta for cannabis, strangely they both make it incredibly difficult but still let you have a page.

Just like Eliquid said, they asked for ID, I submitted, lets see if they reply.

Unlockedbox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 3, 2021

For reference: I've spent some 8 figures on FB ads in my short career. I've gotten several different accounts unbanned.

There's no secret to getting people reapproved to run ads. You either have to prove that the ban was done in error, or you're going to have to eat the ban. There's no specialized knowledge required. How can there be specialized knowledge if it's FB that decides if you're banned or not? Makes no sense to me.

I have no idea what happened to your client's account, and from the sound of it, it sounds like your client either (1) doesn't know either or (2) is lying to you. If it's #1, it's probably the digital agency he worked with running some stuff that they shouldn't have. IF that's the case, you're gonna have to eat the ban.

If the ban was done in error, you have to roll the dice and send a support ticket.

I've tried most workarounds (create a new FB account, use another person's FB account as the advertiser, create a new BM) and sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. You're kind of forced to do whatever you can.

Facebook does not make the review process easy, and they've trimmed down their support. They've now decided they will ask for your ID in some cases (wtf?!)

I love what you had to say - I think the issue is either what the digital marketing agency or that my client is not posting content on his page.

I understand what you mean by no specialized needed but what you shared actually helps a lot.

What I need is basically just someone who knows FB as well as you do, can talk to my client briefly, look at my client's page - figure out what the actual ban is about - and offer (like you did above) some options.

If we could get just that far and understand what the actual ban is about, we can then potentially know what to do next and try some of your workarounds.

Lack of understanding of Facebook means I can't tell AT ALL - I just need someone to help us get to that first step of knowing what is happening.

I don't want to be to presumptuous - but would you be willing to help? If yes, what is your hourly?

I just don't have another resources/team member for this first step of just figuring out what has happened.

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to reply and for providing all the information you did - it helped a lot and hope you might be willing to talk.

Unlockedbox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 3, 2021

Oh! The-J - one more thing - I can't even figure out how to find out how long the ban is. That's another reason I just need to find someone like you who understands Facebook. Thanks again!

Unlockedbox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 3, 2021
I just got banned today for advertising on a new page. I was shocked they let me start and sunk a few bucks into follower harvesting. Got 275 getting down to 4 cents a like and the ban hammer came because Im a cannabis page. They also banned my ability to advertise for events which hurts as its a great tool and moved many tickets through FB before. Instagram banned me too for advertising. Luckily many niche platforms have popped up and I have safe places to market, but nothing beats FB and Insta for cannabis, strangely they both make it incredibly difficult but still let you have a page.

Just like Eliquid said, they asked for ID, I submitted, lets see if they reply.
Thank you so much Private Witt - how did you get the point of FB asking for an ID? This is how little I know about how to help my client - hence why we are trying to find someone to work with with us on this. We know it's a crap shoot for sure but just need a little hand-holding. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PAGE!!!

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Facebook is not at liberty to tell you why they banned the account. Usually the reasons they give are vague, and they will definitely not tell you what the "offending" content is. The only way to get any answers is to try and escalate it through Facebook support, but again: they don't have to tell you a thing and most of the time they won't. If your client was a big spender then maybe they'd help, but I highly doubt it.

Nobody gets banned for not posting content: they get their page deleted or unpublished but that's not a ban.

Your best bet, honestly, is just to start anew.

Unlockedbox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 3, 2021
Facebook is not at liberty to tell you why they banned the account. Usually the reasons they give are vague, and they will definitely not tell you what the "offending" content is. The only way to get any answers is to try and escalate it through Facebook support, but again: they don't have to tell you a thing and most of the time they won't. If your client was a big spender then maybe they'd help, but I highly doubt it.

Nobody gets banned for not posting content: they get their page deleted or unpublished but that's not a ban.

Your best bet, honestly, is just to start anew.
I really appreciate your advice.

One question - when you say "start anew" does that simply mean creating a new business page for the banned account and starting a new ad manager account? This is how lost we are :)

I don't want to annoy you - I'm serious about my client being willing to pay for advice.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
One question - when you say "start anew" does that simply mean creating a new business page for the banned account and starting a new ad manager account? This is how lost we are

Yup: new business manager, new ad account, ideally new FB page and new credit card as well.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Thank you so much Private Witt - how did you get the point of FB asking for an ID? This is how little I know about how to help my client - hence why we are trying to find someone to work with with us on this. We know it's a crap shoot for sure but just need a little hand-holding. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PAGE!!!

I checked an ad I had going and noticed was banned and when pushed a review it said my account was suspicious and needed an ID. They did say why banned cause Im marketing illegal product (weed), but I dont sell or touch the plant only have content about the culture, but just cause Im a cannabis theme they just blanket ban.

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
You can chat with a facebook rep without much issues. The trick is to know where to search and how to get in contact with them.

The link is: Log into Facebook
I did a video about it on my channel here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeEIA5Z-S0
(The interface has changed. After clicking on "Get started", click on Ad accounts suspended)
The pic below shows a chat i had with them yesterday.

Attachments

• facebook chat 2.png
    facebook chat 2.png
    954.3 KB · Views: 2

Unlockedbox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 3, 2021
I checked an ad I had going and noticed was banned and when pushed a review it said my account was suspicious and needed an ID. They did say why banned cause Im marketing illegal product (weed), but I dont sell or touch the plant only have content about the culture, but just cause Im a cannabis theme they just blanket ban.
Thank you so much for explaining that!

Unlockedbox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 3, 2021
You can chat with a facebook rep without much issues. The trick is to know where to search and how to get in contact with them.

The link is: Log into Facebook
I did a video about it on my channel here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeEIA5Z-S0
(The interface has changed. After clicking on "Get started", click on Ad accounts suspended)
The pic below shows a chat i had with them yesterday.
Hi Koji - this is SO HELPFUL thank you so much!!! If my client needed someone to handle this on his behalf, would you be willing to consider working with him? I'm watching the video know and will follow your instructions but he is just not good at this stuff and if we need extra support, just curious if you'd be willing/interested in helping on a paid basis. THANKS AGAIN!

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Hi Koji - this is SO HELPFUL thank you so much!!! If my client needed someone to handle this on his behalf, would you be willing to consider working with him? I'm watching the video know and will follow your instructions but he is just not good at this stuff and if we need extra support, just curious if you'd be willing/interested in helping on a paid basis. THANKS AGAIN!
Yes, I'm willing

Unlockedbox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Aug 3, 2021
Yes, I'm willing
Koji - that is FANTASTIC! One clarification - his URL is not blocked, he has just been banned from placing ads - I think you know that because said "click on ad account suspended" but just in case that matters!

So, just a couple of questions:

What is your phone # and email address? So I can email you to ask about your hourly rate and and start to get you connected to my client.

Where are you located? (so we can work out timing for a conversation with my client)

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! There is no way my client would be able to follow your instructions and I would much rather have someone like you interacting with FB (since as you said you've had a long relationship with their business support team) - so just know your willingness to explore taking this on is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Koji - that is FANTASTIC! One clarification - his URL is not blocked, he has just been banned from placing ads - I think you know that because said "click on ad account suspended" but just in case that matters!

So, just a couple of questions:

What is your phone # and email address? So I can email you to ask about your hourly rate and and start to get you connected to my client.

Where are you located? (so we can work out timing for a conversation with my client)

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH! There is no way my client would be able to follow your instructions and I would much rather have someone like you interacting with FB (since as you said you've had a long relationship with their business support team) - so just know your willingness to explore taking this on is GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Welcome. Just sent you a DM.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.