The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does Anyone Else Feel Bad for Everyone Without a Fastlane Mindset?

A post of a ranting nature...

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
When I see people I sometimes start to feel bad for them because they're okay with mediocrity. It may be condescending but I genuinely feel bad for these people. They know nothing besides working till retirement. I had a conversation someone and they were talking about how they want to save a million dollars before retirement. Just a million, not a million every year but for the rest of their life after retirement. Hearing him talking about how he wants to max his 401k hurts me inside because I wish these people would take the fast lane path and not save every dime they have. I may be hypocritical as I'm almost no different than them and haven't became succesful but it's the mindset I'm talking about. Maybe I'm also upset with the world. I find that society thinking it's ok to work every damn day of your life till you're 65 is horrible. Hoping you're not dead before you can retire so you can enjoy sitting on your a$$ all day till you die. I feel bad for the cool people I meet because even though their life isn't bad it's still not great and I picture them following this path. I see them working themselves to death hoping one day they can quit. I find the death of their potential saddening.

They put every ounce of energy into their horrible job but aren't willing to do the same and make 100x more money? I don't get it man. I'm very young and like most young people I don't want to become old but I can't imagine being old AND poor. Sounds like hell. If I have to I will work myself to death by working for myself, not someone else. I'd rather die than be poor and I'm willing to put everything I have to become rich. If you don't know already I want to own a penthouse in Chicago. The people I talk to want to own a $150,000 home in some rural part of town. WTH man, how does that sound fun? Living in a $150,000 in a home is fine but that being your end goal isn't good in my mind. I believe you should shoot way higher than you think you could ever reach because if you only make it halfway you're already living the life.

Anyone else want to share their feelings on this?

edit: I think some people think I look down on others, I don't. I said below "You obviously took this wrong way which I can understand. It's hard to communicate my feelings through text. I am not looking down on them at all. I do not think less of them at all. The point of what I'm saying is how I am sympathetic towards people who specifically hate their life because they know they have to work everyday until they die. I want them to know that if they push through the hard stuff that they can break through and thrive."

edit 2: This post is complete projection of myself. I wrote this because I am disgusted with the situation I put myself into by slacking like an idiot and I wish I would've started improving sooner. My mistake for posting something as low quality as this onto a forum full of actual value.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
If someone is okay with their self and feels satisfied, I won't piss in their rice bowl.
Even family. It's hard with family. We have family that won't even read the damn book.

I might come off sounding like I hate these people but I don't. You're right about the family. I want to be able to pay both of my parents retirement by the time they're 55 because I don't want them to end up working longer than they have too.

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Once upon a time, but now I just do my thing and don't think about what other people are up to. It's easier that way rather than trying to convert everyone I meet.

For the first ~6 months after reading the book and posting on the forum, I tried to "help" my friends by preaching to them. Then I realized if they wanted a change they would seek it out. It's like when religious people try to push their beliefs onto you. There's a deep seeded belief in getting a career, and no amount of persuasion will change it.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
Once upon a time, but now I just do my thing and don't think about what other people are up to. It's easier that way rather than trying to convert everyone I meet.

For the first ~6 months after reading the book and posting on the forum, I tried to "help" my friends by preaching to them. Then I realized if they wanted a change they would seek it out. It's like when religious people try to push their beliefs onto you. There's a deep seeded belief in getting a career, and no amount of persuasion will change it.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

You're right, there is nothing wrong with it. I just wish they would push themselves harder because I want them to be the best they can. I haven't and never will try to change someone who doesn't follow what I do, I find that extremely annoying. Do what you want of course but remember you can always be better.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Why do you think your mindset is fastlane?
Because you've read a book and had a glimpse of what the world can possibly be like?

I don't feel bad for slowlaners, majority of them won't survive in entrepreneurial world.
I used to laugh at sidewalkers, but looks like I don't stumble upon this shit anymore.

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Every person is different. Imagine yourself, your attributes, thoughts, values, experiences. Hit randomize. Now you have a completely different individual.

Sometimes I like imagining how different someone might be from me. Something I REALLY love doing might be dull for someone else.

Thats why I respect and hear everyones opinions.

G

Guest34764

I seriously couldn't even care enough to feel bad for each and every person living the mediocracy.

They themselves are what put them in that position of mediocrity, so who I'm I to feel bad for them?They chose where they want to be.

I will not settle for a mere 9-5, but if someone else does and enjoys it , why should I feel sad for him?He's doing what he considers fun or enjoyable.

Are you doing what you consider enjoyable right now?If not, that guy working as a barista is having a better life than you at the moment.He's the one who feels bad for you, he sees you working countless hours on a venture that doesn't make sense to him.He sees you sleep deprived,depressed, and without a job, and that goes to all of us in the fastlane.We don't understand the fun they have at all those parties and they don't understand the joy we get out of creating value and making money.

Also, He pities you, and you pity him.However, you aren't above him and he isn't above you.

You might perceive your mindset superior to his mindset, but a mindset doesn't make you a level above the rest.

It sounds like you're the one people feel bad for.

That's my stance on it, perhaps a bit brutal but that's what I think.

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I seriously couldn't even care enough to feel bad for each and every person living the mediocracy.

They themselves are what put them in that position of mediocrity, so who I'm I to feel bad for them?They chose where they want to be.

I will not settle for a mere 9-5, but if someone else does and enjoys it , why should I feel sad for him?He's doing what he considers fun or enjoyable.

Are you doing what you consider enjoyable right now?If not, that guy working as a barista is having a better life than you at the moment.He's the one who feels bad for you, he sees you working countless hours on a venture that doesn't make sense to him.He sees you sleep deprived,depressed, and without a job, and that goes to all of us in the fastlane.We don't understand the fun they have at all those parties and they don't understand the joy we get out of creating value and making money.

Also, He pities you, and you pity him.However, you aren't above him and he isn't above you.

You might perceive your mindset superior to his mindset, but a mindset doesn't make you a level above the rest.

It sounds like you're the one people feel bad for.

That's my stance on it, perhaps a bit brutal but that's what I think.

Remember this people are your potential customers:jimlad:

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
Having a fastlane mindset doesn't grant you a winning lottery ticket. It's a lot of mental trauma, like gambling your savings at the poker tables until you win the big tournament

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
No. The world needs employees. We need employees. Some people are perfectly happy in their job and position in their life.

I used to feel bad when I see someone mopping the floors or collecting garbage. But you know what? They are probably happy just to have a job.

If you can reframe your view of the world, you'll be a much happier person.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
No. The world needs employees. We need employees. Some people are perfectly happy in their job and position in their life.

I used to feel bad when I see someone mopping the floors or collecting garbage. But you know what? They are probably happy just to have a job.

If you can reframe your view of the world, you'll be a much happier person.

yes i agree

for the same minimum legal wage, i would prefer washing dishes or the floor than working on a computer all day in a busy office, hurting my eyes, back and wrist after years of doing this kind of job.

i prefer a quiet job in which no one notice me than a corporate job with all the headache and pain, bad bosses , you name it.

all these nightmares that i can't stand anymore

i prefer to live like a monk with a minimum wage than being a slave with all this pain of the corporate world.

InformationH

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Jun 20, 2016
I don't feel bad for slowlaners. Most are happy with what they're doing.

I feel bad for the wantrepreneurs and MLM members that are trying to gain freedom but likely never will

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I don't feel bad for slowlaners. Most are happy with what they're doing.

I feel bad for the wantrepreneurs and MLM members that are trying to gain freedom but likely never will

yes indeed

being successful means that you are 100 % motivated in what you are doing

this is not for everybody although everybody wants to succeed

this reminds me of a dan pena ( http://www.danpena.com/) quote when he said something like this,

Dan Pena : " while teaching about business , someone in the audience stood up and said to me that he was happy to hear the hard truth about business and success because this was not for him. Reality was too hard and he saved years of struggle in business by coming back to his old job "

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
being successful means that you are 100 % motivated in what you are doing

In what way do you believe you need to be motivated? I ask because I have absolutely no motivation besides to reach the end goal. The reason I work everyday is discipline, not motivation. If I relied on motivation I'd be stuck in bed all day! I find discipline to trump motivation when it comes to reaching the results you want. Although motivation to reach your end goal mixed with discipline can become an unstoppable force.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
In what way do you believe you need to be motivated? I ask because I have absolutely no motivation besides to reach the end goal. The reason I work everyday is discipline, not motivation. If I relied on motivation I'd be stuck in bed all day! I find discipline to trump motivation when it comes to reaching the results you want. Although motivation to reach your end goal mixed with discipline can become an unstoppable force.

this is interesting

because what makes me go out of bed is motivation of doing something, not military discipline

i never achieved anything worthwhile in my life with discipline . i work in burst of energy when i feel like it.

so indeed, the hard world of business is not for me, i am slowly seeing and admitting the truth here.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
When I see people I sometimes start to feel bad for them because they're okay with mediocrity. It may be condescending but I genuinely feel bad for these people. They know nothing besides working till retirement. I had a conversation someone and they were talking about how they want to save a million dollars before retirement. Just a million, not a million every year but for the rest of their life after retirement. Hearing him talking about how he wants to max his 401k hurts me inside because I wish these people would take the fast lane path and not save every dime they have. I may be hypocritical as I'm almost no different than them and haven't became succesful but it's the mindset I'm talking about. Maybe I'm also upset with the world. I find that society thinking it's ok to work every damn day of your life till you're 65 is horrible. Hoping you're not dead before you can retire so you can enjoy sitting on your a$$ all day till you die. I feel bad for the cool people I meet because even though their life isn't bad it's still not great and I picture them following this path. I see them working themselves to death hoping one day they can quit. I find the death of their potential saddening.

They put every ounce of energy into their horrible job but aren't willing to do the same and make 100x more money? I don't get it man. I'm very young and like most young people I don't want to become old but I can't imagine being old AND poor. Sounds like hell. If I have to I will work myself to death by working for myself, not someone else. I'd rather die than be poor and I'm willing to put everything I have to become rich. If you don't know already I want to own a penthouse in Chicago. The people I talk to want to own a $150,000 home in some rural part of town. WTH man, how does that sound fun? Living in a $150,000 in a home is fine but that being your end goal isn't good in my mind. I believe you should shoot way higher than you think you could ever reach because if you only make it halfway you're already living the life.

cool so what you doing with your life since you're looking down at these "peasants"?

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
If they are not sorry for themselves, why should I lol. I used to be that way at first, probably after I left high school and I start to see the world differently. But now I am just focus on my own thing. They are doing their thing and I am doing mine.

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015
this is interesting

because what makes me go out of bed is motivation of doing something, not military discipline

i never achieved anything worthwhile in my life with discipline . i work in burst of energy when i feel like it.

so indeed, the hard world of business is not for me, i am slowly seeing and admitting the truth here.
Would you take a million dollar now or a single penny doubled in value every day for one month?

Chimp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 30, 2016
cool so what you doing with your life since you're looking down at these "peasants"?
You obviously took this wrong way which I can understand. It's hard to communicate my feelings through text. I am not looking down on them at all. I do not think less of them at all. The point of what I'm saying is how I am sympathetic towards people who specifically hate their life because they know they have to work everyday until they die. I want them to know that if they push through the hard stuff that they can break through and thrive.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Would you take a million dollar now or a single penny doubled in value every day for one month?

the single penny answer , of course

i know that trick question.

but anyway, i managed to survive the first 40 years of my life .

so when the future strikes ( financial crisis, natural disaster or whatever) then this will not be a problem at all for me

because i already know what poverty means.

you can steal all i have in my small appartment, i can still survive because of the lifestyle i was forced to accept.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
OP. As you get older you'll likely prefer a house in the rural area rather than a penthouse in the centre of town.

And if you construct your life so that every year is better than the last, then why would you worry about getting older?

I find older people take pleasure in simpler things. The wind moving the leaves... A small child seeing their first snail...

Some people don't know there's another way other than school, good grades, college, 9-5. If they're happy with it, then great. I just wish they didn't push it onto everyone else as if it's the only way.

I don't like how society and education seems to prepare people solely for employment, and by making them think they CAN'T do things, rather than making them think they CAN do things. I see this as the invisible chains that, together with consumerism and debt, keeps so many people in modern slavery.

Some people know there's another way, but can't work out how to get there. I don't like that they're marks for the unscrupulous B2C players selling a dream.

Some people have an itch they can't scratch and want to be their own boss. I don't like that every man and his dog is trying to persuade them they "need" so many things before they can get started. Again, keeping them as consumers rather than helping them become producers.

I feel for people who spend 2 hours commuting each way on top of doing their work (whether it's for themselves or for an employer). I feel for their families too, especially their kids, who don't see them sometimes except for the weekend.

If I'm talking to someone and they show an inkling of wanting to be their own boss, then I'll drop in a few seeds. If they bite then I'll talk some more. I'll just echo back their amount of interest.

I once told someone "My problem is ..." and he immediately pulled me up on it and told me I don't have any problems.

I don't really feel sorry for people with a job. I feel sorry for people starving, in danger of getting shot, or who don't have a roof over their head.

So what?

What have I done about it? ("Tell what you've done and I'll tell you who you are.")

I've setup monthly payments to a few charities. (Not sure this makes much difference tbh.)

I've done Maths grinds for local kids to help them get into college, and so they can go through life not thinking they're dumb at Maths.

I've helped out in this forum.

I've done occasional calls with people who are stuck.

I've recorded calls and dropped them in here for the benefit of those who want to follow the bread-crumbs.

I've tried to set an example by doing rather than talking.

I've helped the people nearest to me.

I've helped family members and people I meet.

I've helped clients and contractors.

I've also tried to put my own oxygen mask on first.

I believe the biggest responsibility I have is to be the man I want my kids to grow up to be.

I'm not going to let my kids grow up thinking they CAN'T, or that their self-worth depends on what they own.

And I'm damn sure not letting them grow up without the manners to say please and thank you, or to not be big enough to say I'm sorry.

Just my rambling 2c.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
You can't change other people. Concentrate on you. Concentrate on who you date. Concentrate on the friends you spend the most time with.

I spent the entire past two weeks traveling with great individuals that are hustling. And it was amazing.

What you're projecting is likely not feeling bad for them, but feeling bad for yourself because you don't have anyone to relate to. Find people to relate to.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 12, 2012
If everyone would have a fastlane mindset there would be no fastlane anymore so no I don't feel bad about it.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
When I see people I sometimes start to feel bad for them because they're okay with mediocrity.
You feel bad for them because they are ok with mediocrity?? really, how do you know they are o.k. with mediocrity? How can you feel bad for them, are you living a life that isn't mediocre? What have you done in your life?

It may be condescending but I genuinely feel bad for these people.
You don't get it. You're talking down to these people, sitting on some pedestal that is not deserved yet. You judge people without knowing them. You have never talked to anyone more than your circle of friends and yet somehow you can judge people and feel like you know them.

They know nothing besides working till retirement.
oh, and what do you know??? that somehow you're going to hit the jackpot tomorrow and retire at 30? you thin that you're smarter than people because you think you're going to strike it big. They all thought like you once in their life too, until they got beat up and chewed out. Most people don't think about working till retirement for the man.

I had a conversation someone and they were talking about how they want to save a million dollars before retirement. Just a million, not a million every year but for the rest of their life after retirement.
that's what most people need/do to make their life work. what have you done, experienced to know better?
Hearing him talking about how he wants to max his 401k hurts me inside because I wish these people would take the fast lane path and not save every dime they have.
oh really, and what should they do all enlightened one....... please show us the way.. they shouldn't save their money, they should take the fast lane path.......... because let me guess you read the MFL and now know best? He's a guru ladies and gentleman. Yesterday he was wearing a diaper, today he read TMFL, now he's preaching to the world even though he's done nothing with his life.

I may be hypocritical as I'm almost no different than them and haven't became succesful but it's the mindset I'm talking about.
It's more like hypocrisy, irony, lack of humility all rolled up into one.

Maybe I'm also upset with the world.
you haven't even left your start yet. you don't know anything. typical teen rebel without a cause.

I find that society thinking it's ok to work every damn day of your life till you're 65 is horrible. Hoping you're not dead before you can retire so you can enjoy sitting on your a$$ all day till you die. I feel bad for the cool people I meet because even though their life isn't bad it's still not great and I picture them following this path. I see them working themselves to death hoping one day they can quit. I find the death of their potential saddening.
what I find sad is someone that hasn't accomplished anything in their life, hasn't worked a day in their life, can sit back on the recliner while writing this spew. and if you think those that become, or attain millionaire status don't work every day then you got another thing coming.
They put every ounce of energy into their horrible job but aren't willing to do the same and make 100x more money? I don't get it man. I'm very young and like most young people I don't want to become old but I can't imagine being old AND poor.
oh yeah, we know you're young and don't know shit. You think it's easy to put the same effort into a regular job/work for your self??? you thikn they are interchangeable ???

tell us what, why don't you MOVE OUT OF YOUR PARENTS HOUSE, then try to start a millionaire fastlane business, since it's so easy... After you work 9 to 5 at your first minimum wage shift, and then move to your SECOND job between 6 and 9pm, LET US KNOW how easy it is to get started on your millionaire fastlane job. SInce you know, hard work is interchangeable.... All the while you got bills and bills and bills... OH It's sooo easy...

Ok, maybe you get a better job than minimum wage.. you know everything afterall. Maybe you make $50,000 a year??? pretty good for the USA.. you work 830 to 5 daily... you wake up at 7... you get home at 6.... 7 am to 6pm your time is basically the corporations...... IF you;re lucky and don't work over time... Please enlighten us to your epic strength when you get home and get started on youe EPIC millionaire journey. It's sooooo easy right..

Sounds like hell. If I have to I will work myself to death by working for myself, not someone else. I'd rather die than be poor and I'm willing to put everything I have to become rich.
talk is cheap when you haven't worked a day in your life..

If you don't know already I want to own a penthouse in Chicago. The people I talk to want to own a $150,000 home in some rural part of town. WTH man, how does that sound fun? Living in a $150,000 in a home is fine but that being your end goal isn't good in my mind. I believe you should shoot way higher than you think you could ever reach because if you only make it halfway you're already living the life.
your aspirations are shit to be honest. If that is your "dream" after all that write up about how people suck and that's the best you can come up with... you already failed.

edit: I think some people think I look down on others, I don't. I said below "You obviously took this wrong way which I can understand. It's hard to communicate my feelings through text. I am not looking down on them at all. I do not think less of them at all. The point of what I'm saying is how I am sympathetic towards people who specifically hate their life because they know they have to work everyday until they die. I want them to know that if they push through the hard stuff that they can break through and thrive."

you don't know shit. you don't know shit about peoples struggle. you don't know shit about working hard. that's the point i'm trying to make.. yet here you are, writing this post trying to take the high ground over others... LIKE somehow you know shit... when you really don't because your freaking parents still feed you from their tits.

you haven't struggled. you haven't worked.. you haven't known what it's like to have bills come due. you live a coddled life and you really haven't experienced anything. you've probably never left your home town and if you did you went somewhere safe with mmoommmy and daddy. you haven't experienced anything in life. And yet you feel sympathy for others?? Guess what dude, the world is F*cking hard. No one wants your stupid sympathy. No one cares about you, except mommy and daddy.

dude, MOVE OUT, go get a job, and let us know how easy it is to NOT SAVE your money..... go find out how tough life actually is for people... Go find out how easy life is for those that drop out of school and have no parental support.. go start your millionaire fast lane without any help, living on your own..... most people can't... acutally 99.99 CANT do it.. ITS TOO HARD.. yet you sit here talking like it's so easy to just do the work and become that guy to become MJ..

have you heard about MJs struggle?? what about every other millionaire... it's hard freaking work... and youhavne't worked a day in your life to even know what hard work is.. so how can you even comment. you don't know shit bro. IT's that simple.. so take your sympathy, and shut up.

your rant is stupid and childish because you haven't lived to rant. just cause it;s the internet and a medium is provided for you to spew your diarrhea, doesn't mean it's notable content. It's shit. grow up.

Last edited:

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
Not really. So many people are comfortable working a 9-5 and I can respect that, it's ultimately their choice.

I just hate when they try to preach to me about how entrepreneurship and a fastlane mindset is bad and that I should just get a 9-5.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Not really. So many people are comfortable working a 9-5 and I can respect that, it's ultimately their choice.

I just hate when they try to preach to me about how entrepreneurship and a fastlane mindset is bad and that I should just get a 9-5.
Well, from what I hear from majority of entrepreneurs, 9 to 5 is really better.
It's like, how many entrepreneurs you've personally met are successful?

Majority of people that call me on the phone to tell about their business are failures. Usually, they are 40+ years old and their biz is a waste of time for more than 10 years.
Others are mid-20 and early-30s and they got some cash to invest into another piece of shit idea.
These people used to be who I would work with previously, but now I just hang up and tell to ask whoever gave them my phone number to never do it again.
On the other hand I know people who are the <1% minority and really deserve to spend time on. This minority is, again, far from fastlane. They just have more money and better businesses.

If we ask who makes more than $150k/year - not many people will raise their hand.
Majority of those who laugh at slowlaners do it just because they feel themself more superior for some reason.
Often they're not much better. Often they're wasting 90% of their life on something that has nothing to do with real life.

Working 9-to-5, if you have interesting real life, have passion, have a significant other you really want be with, is 10x better than living "fastlane" without at least one of previously mentioned.

Raise your hand, who has something spectacular going on in life?

If you don't, shut up and get back to grinding.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Well, from what I hear from majority of entrepreneurs, 9 to 5 is really better.
It's like, how many entrepreneurs you've personally met are successful?

Majority of people that call me on the phone to tell about their business are failures. Usually, they are 40+ years old and their biz is a waste of time for more than 10 years.
Others are mid-20 and early-30s and they got some cash to invest into another piece of shit idea.
These people used to be who I would work with previously, but now I just hang up and tell to ask whoever gave them my phone number to never do it again.
On the other hand I know people who are the <1% minority and really deserve to spend time on. This minority is, again, far from fastlane. They just have more money and better businesses.

If we ask who makes more than $150k/year - not many people will raise their hand.
Majority of those who laugh at slowlaners do it just because they feel themself more superior for some reason.
Often they're not much better. Often they're wasting 90% of their life on something that has nothing to do with real life.

Working 9-to-5, if you have interesting real life, have passion, have a significant other you really want be with, is 10x better than living "fastlane" without at least one of previously mentioned.

Raise your hand, who has something spectacular going on in life?

If you don't, shut up and get back to grinding.

this is interesting

because it opens a new way to looking at things

the fastlane mindset is not only about escaping a job and society brainwashing

this is really about having a life that we love instead of being a slave of circumstances.

let's look at things this way :

a chinese monk is happy with his conditions , he meditates , he lives with the flow of nature, he does not need to own a ferrari.

he is not a slave of society's brainwashing which is telling us : " do this do that, be a slave of conditions "

yes the monk is not ' rich' by our standard. but maybe he is " rich" by his own standard, spiritual standard and feeling of joy.

the fastlane is about the rich lifestyle that you want . this is not only the material part but the others parts as well.

i think the fastlane mindset means this for me : you finally see through society's scam and you live for what is really important for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.