The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Anyone else feel that when eliminating social media type shit, you'll miss out on opportunities/needs/current atmosphere?

Anything related to matters of the mind

liam_hughes_85

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jan 7, 2022
I cut out instagram and facebook for this reason, because I don't want any metaphorical poison F*cking up the process of creating a real value creating, opportunity-observing mindset. It's the right thing to do and I for sure feel better overall, but as someone who literally just works, reads, works on business ideas, I fear being completely disconnected from the trendy/current culture that breeds so many business opportunities.

How do you combat this? How do all you guys that are tunnel vision'd out and don't have time to be social keep an eye on current trends/shifts, spotting opportunities, etc?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I cut out instagram and facebook for this reason, because I don't want any metaphorical poison F*cking up the process of creating a real value creating, opportunity-observing mindset. It's the right thing to do and I for sure feel better overall, but as someone who literally just works, reads, works on business ideas, I fear being completely disconnected from the trendy/current culture that breeds so many business opportunities.

How do you combat this? How do all you guys that are tunnel vision'd out and don't have time to be social keep an eye on current trends/shifts, spotting opportunities, etc?
It's just a trade off for me.
I don't need to know about trends or new opportunities because I already have my thing. Also, let's be real. How often does one see a gem of an opportunity while looking at a$$ on Instagram?
Even if you do find it there, will you be able to execute on it while you spend 3 or more hours a days mindlessly scrolling?

This is just fomo. I have some newsletters and financial podcasts through which I hear things that my matter in m life.

REV5028

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Oct 29, 2022
New Mexico
A few of my thoughts, for what it's worth:

1. Start with a problem you see/hear around you when you don't have your attention on your phone/social media.
2. Google Trends and reviews/comments on websites that are relevant to what you've chosen to work on. Chatgpt. Send out surveys/polls. Talk to people face to face.
3. Don't worry about what potential competition or anyone else is doing.
4. Is social media really that accurate of an indicator of what the market wants? Is social media where CENTS-abiding ideas come from? I don't have the answers to these questions, but my initial thought is that a lot gets skewed on social media and if you try to get into the hottest new biz trend, then you'll most likely fall short in Entry and Need.
5. I don't think any of my ideas have come from social media. Most have come from "wouldn't it be nice if..." and "ugh, this is so annoying" statements I've made and heard others make.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
In reality you don't need to see any of it and life goes on. FOMO bred by social media being around for so long.

Maybe try out the 1440 newsletter. I've seen MJ suggest it before

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.