The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Did It On Facebook. About To Do It On Youtube..

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Hey guys. The name is Koji Agudah and I'm from Nigeria. I've been thinking of growing a YouTube channel for a while in the digital market space to be specific SEO but for my shyness and not really proud of my voice, I've been putting it off - till now.

I actually started my journey in SEO 2 years back and I've been able to gather up a lot of knowledge about it and seen few successes and failures a long the way as well - well, who hasn't?

Last year January, I decided to start a Facebook group in the WordPress/bloggers niche in my country and I've gotten over 12000 members... Will hit 13000 maybe when you see this post.

Grew the group for one single reason - VALUE.

I was giving out a lot of value that people started recommending the group to others and we're sending out invites.

I've made a lot of money from just that single group alone from placing ads fr toom hosting companies to becoming a huge influencer for other products/services in the niche.

I've also helped some brands get traffic to their site using SEO, fb ads and Google ads (all thanks to @Andy Black). Currently working with two brands, 1 a music company and the other a resume service company. I've had to decline a lot of jobs because the pay wasn't worth my time or some other reasons I can't remember now - maybe I was bored. Lol.

So now, i am expanding my influence to a different channel - YouTube. Don't know how the journey will go but I think I'll focus more on loving the process.

Like @Vigilante, my goal for this year are:

1. Get monitized (1K sub, 4K hrs).
2. Get on the rader of some huge hosting company that will need me as an influencer for their brand(s).
3. Get bigger clients on SEO other than those from my country.
4. Will add more as time goes...

Stats from my YouTube channel:

Current subs: 94
Views: 179
Videos: 1

Here's the channel

So, as time goes on, I'll be documenting my entire process here and will be giving out tips and tricks on SEO as well. So, let's go...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
THE HARDEST PART OF BECOMING A YOUTUBER IS CREATING VIDEOS

I have been trying to get myself to create more contents on my channel and some how, I just feel lazy to do anything.
Though, I've created 4 videos, one is now public while the remaining 3 are scheduled to upload every Saturday till the first Saturday of May.

I am trying to be one step ahead of each month so what I do normally is to create and schedule.

I've made up my mind to schedule 8 more videos for the month of May but uptil now, I am still struggling to create one.

This coming Sunday, I will push myself to create one and post my process on whether I did it or not in this thread.

Current stats on the channel:

Subscribers: 100
Views: 273
No. Of videos: 1

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I don't know much about SEO anymore (used to do it many years ago) but I checked your first video and it's pretty good for the first video. Your voice is fine. A better microphone in the future will make it sound even better.

By the way, at 2:37, you say that Azad SEO has many people talking about them but all these three testimonials are actually placeholders.

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
I don't know much about SEO anymore (used to do it many years ago) but I checked your first video and it's pretty good for the first video. Your voice is fine. A better microphone in the future will make it sound even better.

By the way, at 2:37, you say that Azad SEO has many people talking about them but all these three testimonials are actually placeholders.
Wow... Thanks for your kind words. Truely appreciate.

About the AzadSEO, on my FB group, alot of bloggers seems to prefer it more to Supremseo that's why I actually said that but was too nervous to even focus on what I was doing/saying while voicing the video...lol

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
About the AzadSEO, on my FB group, alot of bloggers seems to prefer it more to Supremseo that's why I actually said that but was too nervous to even focus on what I was doing/saying while voicing the video...lol

Ha that's funny because you didn't sound nervous to me. Keep going. You have the right fundamentals to grow this.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Here are YouTube success stories on the forum you might want to pay close attention to...

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Here are YouTube success stories on the forum you might want to pay close attention to...

Thanks for this @MJ DeMarco . I've actually gone through all the YouTube posts on the forum - more than 5 times lol. Was lurking throughout the forum all through last year. Decided to start my own thread this year and wanted to give back to the community.

I do know I'll achieve my goals - already got a brand ambassadorship deal down now, will share the details when finally done. And for the rest of my goals, will definitely achieve them... How do I know? Because it will be a big shame to be the first not to succeed in YouTube on this lovely community having seen countless successes.

God bless you again for your books. They have been a life saver - actually almost bought Tony Robbins book on Money, master the game not until a friend introduced me to your books - I've read over 200 books concerning finances but when I read yours, I don't think I've read any book apart from yours till today and this was two years ago...lol. Story for another day.

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Just checked for my target keyword "how to buy group buy SEO tools" on YouTube and found out I rank second for it... Whooop!!!

I am currently using Ahrefs keyword explorer (YouTube) to figure out search volume of a specific keyword. Using Google trends to figure out if the keyword is something being searched for and using Tubebuddy to determine ranking difficulty.

Also, if you check out what I did on the title, I use same words as the first video but changed the year. I also changed 1 or 2 words to give it it's uniqueness.

Also, check the time on the first 4 ranking videos and you'll discover I marched searchers intent perfectly 3mins long).

I do need to improve my thumbnails though but for my channel, I'll be using the orange, white, green and blue theme to signify originality so that when someone lands on my channel page, all thumbnails will have similar designs.

My second video is scheduled to drop tomorrow... Can't wait for feedbacks.

Attachments

• PicsArt_04-16-01.50.32.jpg
    PicsArt_04-16-01.50.32.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 3

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
SECOND VIDEO DONE AND PUBLISHED

Ok, so I took a little detour from the main focus of the channel - SEO and dived into something related - Facebook url unblocking.

In FB group, this is one of the most reoccurring problems ever. People actually built up services for this - most are scammers though. So, I decided to create a video to help out those in need of such issues as unblocking of a url on Facebook.

I tried improving my vocals and also did some audio mixing on this video for more clarity. I also tried not to be microphone shy so that I won't miss my lines.

In all, I think I did pretty good here with the video and I hope to improve more in the future - the kaizan principle y'll.

For the video SEO
My target keyword here is "Unblock url from Facebook" seeing the trends on Google trends and also observing how common such question is being asked on my FB group, one can say there's a huge demand for such video. Also, the top videos have 10K plus views which tells me that once ranked, I should be getting passive views from YouTube on the steady.

I placed the keyword on my thumbnail, title and description to tell YouTube I am actually targeting that keyword.

My major goal for getting consistent views isn't from my facebook group but from YouTube SEO. That's to appear on YouTube search top 3 ranking videos for all my videos as this leads to appearing on YouTube suggested videos that grows the channel massively.

Current stats:
Subs: 112
Views : 412
No. Of videos : 2

Link to second video on how to unblock your url from Facebook
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeEIA5Z-S0&t=5s

Will update this thread on the promise I made above later tomorrow.

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
This coming Sunday, I will push myself to create one and post my process on whether I did it or not in this thread.
I finally pushed myself to record a new video. Finished recording about 3 hours ago and I then pushed myself further to work on my email list.

I've listed 400+ emails and left with 500+.

Out of my 8 videos, I've done 1 left with 7 videos to go.

All will be completed on or before this coming Friday.

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Done with my email list and sent the first batch. Next up : 7 more videos. Feeling pumped!

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
3RD VIDEO AND WE COUNTING...

Like I earlier said, I already scheduled 4 videos to be published month and early next month of May.

This is the 3rd video to drop for this month and for the channel.

In this video, I made a guide on how to submit a website to search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo considering this is usually the first step in any SEO journey.

Video SEO

I did some keywords research using Yoube autosuggest and ahrefs keywords explorer.

From my little research I found out that on YouTube, channels like ahrefs are intentionally targeting this keyword that they had to make 2 videos for it. One ranks second and the other fourth.

I also discover that not many channels are on the YouTube SERPs which gives me an advantage to easily rank.

Another stuff that caught my attention was that the channels ranking for this keywords have their videos dated 2 years back. This could mean that the keyword is an ever green keyword that gets searched often as the search volume shown on ahrefs is 14k.

Channel stats
Subs: 129
No. Of videos: 3
Views: 545

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nspzAKi7mWU

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Whoop!!!

4 videos - check
174 subs - check
896 views - check

For the month of May, I think I'll be playing it smart this time as I've discovered that most of the views/comments comes from those just starting out on their blog and are lost on what to do.

So, instead of targeting competitive keywords like SEO, backlinks, keywords research etc, I'll be targeting easy - medium keywords that are long tail like how to fix broken links, how to verify website on Google search console using URL prefix methods etc.

The last video I dropped today shows clearly what I'll be targeting as the channel grows

Video title: How to download copyright free images from Google | Royalty free images for Youtube

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8VXytuinYVI

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
I was supposed to keep on posting videos every Saturday until I achieved my goals but I took out this week to restrategize.

Starting from Monday next week, I'll be posting 3videos/week every week until I achieve my first goal which is to get to 1K subs and 4K hours of watch time and then finally monetized.

Current stats on the channel:
190 subs
4 videos

Now, things are about to go crazy...

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Starting from scratch

I've found out that majority of those watching my videos are beginners and not experts. In short, I've discovered that videos or channels focused on anything concerning beginners usually have more views/subscribers compared to videos/channels focused on SEO/WordPress experts.

E.g How to install wordpress in cPanel has views ranging from 600 - 282K

While videos like:

How to get do follow backlinks from Wikipedia has views ranging from 320 - 7K.

So, I think the smartest thing to do is to focus completely on the beginners.

New video title: How To Install WordPress In cPanel 2021 | Softaculous Apps Installer Method

No. Of subs: 200

Views: 1029

No. Of videos: 5
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xCW-D9sUYvA

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
GOING IN HARD

I made a promise over the week to do 3 videos only to boost the engagements on my channel, well, I went further - I published 4 videos this past week.

I recently saw a thread in my group about an ad network everyone seems confuse about and so, I made a review about it.

This week, will be focusing more on the theme of the the channel which is WordPress/seo for beginners.

Current stats
Videos - 8
Subscribers - 215

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
First Video of this week...

So, i decided to continue posting videos on my channel having noticed that the more i post, the more engagements i get on my channel.

I currently have 3 playlists on my channel:
  1. SEO tutorials.
  2. WordPress tutorials.
  3. Foremedia ads.
I will be sticking with the latter 2 to tighten up my channels' theme as i've discovered that for those just starting out, focusing your efforts on a themed channel is far better than publishing random videos.

An example is that if you have a channel about Make-up tutorials, it won't be smart to publish random videos like a lifestyle video on your channel since those that subscribe did so because they are interested in make-up and no your lifestyle - at least if you are just starting out.

NEW VIDEO: How To Verify Website on Search Console (Using URL prefix Method)

Subs: 241
no. of videos: 9
views: 1569

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoysDDsBjbc

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Second video of the week. Tenth video of the channel.

The god of YouTube - YouTube algorithm hasn't really started giving my channel some attention but that's fine as I am playing a long game here and not a short.

For this new video, I actually recorded and voiced it over the past weeks. I just took out few hours ago to run some edits on it before publishing.

Title: how to verify your domain on Facebook business manage.

Subs: 246
Views: 1604
No. Of videos: 10...

View: https://youtu.be/DQKbv33gd68

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
FIRST VIDEO OF THE WEEK :(

Well, should i say i'm beginning to feel lazy about this whole stuff?

Yes i am and already getting tired...lol. But that's what @MJ DeMarco said about PROCESS!

I kinda expected this to happen and was prepared for it as i've screen recorded about 15 new videos (unedited).

The trick is to plan ahead so that quitting looks impossible.

So, for my new video, i made some research and found out a trending keyword that's a little bit related to my channel theme - Youtube New Update 2021.

Did a quick explanatory video about it and published.

Will be editing some of the unedited videos i screen recorded and will be voicing them before this week runs out.

CHANNEL STATS:
Subs: 259
Videos: 11
Views: 2049

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e17gikW7cVA

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
EXECUTION IS KING!

Woowwww... I started this journey thinking it was going to be easy because of the already built audience on Facebook. Never knew it would be this hard...but it's be fun and a great learning process for me.

I've had a very, very crazy past week on my channel. I uploaded 6 videos last week and will be uploading 8 this week.

Last week: 5 long videos and 1 YouTube short.

This week: 4 long videos and 4 YouTube shorts.

Current stats:

SUBS: 279
VIDEOS: 17
TOTAL VIEWS: 2603

So, let's get into some YouTube SEO stuff...

First of all, let this be clear: If you are starting out, TARGET KEYWORDS so you can appear on YouTube search.

If you don't have a paid keyword tool likw Vidiq or Tubebuddy or you have one but don't know how to use them, then do this:

1. Search for a particular keyword in your niche and look for a channel with less than 10K subs.

2. Go to their videos section and and click the drop-down button and sort their videos based on most popular.

3. Check for popular videos on that channel you can replicate and replicate but do it better.

4. Repeat for other smaller channels in your niche.

The magic of YouTube isn't in their search though. What YouTube search does is to give you exposure early to start getting views when searchers on the platform searches for similar or exact match keywords.

Use the keywords you are targeting in thumbnail, title and description.

The magic of YouTube massive growth is found in SUGGESTED VIDEOS. That is YouTube suggesting your videos to similar audiences.

Still studying this and will update soon on my findings. For now, we grind.

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
Keep going man, and following this thread

Great job. Are you based in Lagos though?

If you are, we can grab a drink sometime.

Dami.

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
Wow... A fellow country man. Thanks for your encouragements. Truly appreciate. Will be in Lagos in 2months time. Currently in Jos.
Keep going man, and following this thread

Great job. Are you based in Lagos though?

If you are, we can grab a drink sometime.

Dami.

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
STARTING THE NEW WEEK WITH A BANG!!!

So, the past week, I couldn't create any long videos and so,I focused on just YouTube shorts.

I published 5 YouTube shorts and got over 600 views in total. Going forward, I'll be paying more attention on YouTube shorts as they are extremely easy to create. I can literally create over 50 yt shorts per day. Will test this strategy to the extreme later this week or next week and document my findings on this thread.

So, my first long video for this week is an interesting topic that has a lot of competition on YouTube: Keyword research for SEO.

I've been working on my video editing skills and also the audio output as well.

View: https://youtu.be/IQt-AZSFhB0

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
30 VIDEOS IN AND STILL COUNTING...

Subs: 338
videos: 30
Views: 5066

What i have learnt so far

Youtube takes time and energy. No matter how good you are, you can't skip those two. Patience is key in this journey because the competition on Youtube is mad. You might think you are the first to publish a new video, 5 mins later, someone else has same but better video. No matter your niche, if you want to succeed, you'll have to wait.

Improvements

I've started adding little animations on my videos and very few sound effects. My sound though isn't the best in the market but looking to improve on it in the coming months. I'll also need to learn more on how to zoom in frames for better clarity.

New Video

The title of the latest video is: What are Backlinks and Why are they Important in SEO?

VIDEO SEO

This is a difficult keyword to rank for as the competition on Youtube for it are from top channels in the niche. Channels like Neil Patel, Ahrefs, SEMRUSH etc.

I actually decided to go for this keyword because in my FB group, there are a lot of newbies seeking knowledge about it and so, i made this video to help them understand better.

MOVING FORWARD

More effort will be on QUALITY rather than QUANTITY.

This doesn't mean i won't be pushing out contents consistently but henceforth, i'll do that with caution.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHyylXx-2ao

Unknown M.F

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 21, 2021
THE KAIZEN RULE

I came in contact with this rule when i was reading UNSCRIPTED . I also saw a famous Footballer - C.Ronaldo using it. So, i dug deeper and i've been using it in most aspect of my life.

I have made some improvements on my video editing and now, i think i am becoming to get creative on how i want my videos to look like.

Not perfect yet but as i keep publishing new videos, i'll keep improving and i don't think there's a finish line for improvements.

So, i created a new video on how to fix low value content issue for those using Google Adsense as a means for monetization and the feedback on my improvements are already rolling in.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qth73k33yLI

VIDEO STATS

No. of Subs: 398
No. of Videos: 33
Views: 6035

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.