The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

EXECUTION Did It On Facebook. About To Do It On Youtube..

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Koji

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
Hey guys. The name is Koji Agudah and I'm from Nigeria. I've been thinking of growing a YouTube channel for a while in the digital market space to be specific SEO but for my shyness and not really proud of my voice, I've been putting it off - till now.

I actually started my journey in SEO 2 years back and I've been able to gather up a lot of knowledge about it and seen few successes and failures a long the way as well - well, who hasn't?

Last year January, I decided to start a Facebook group in the WordPress/bloggers niche in my country and I've gotten over 12000 members... Will hit 13000 maybe when you see this post.

Grew the group for one single reason - VALUE.

I was giving out a lot of value that people started recommending the group to others and we're sending out invites.

I've made a lot of money from just that single group alone from placing ads fr toom hosting companies to becoming a huge influencer for other products/services in the niche.

I've also helped some brands get traffic to their site using SEO, fb ads and Google ads (all thanks to @Andy Black). Currently working with two brands, 1 a music company and the other a resume service company. I've had to decline a lot of jobs because the pay wasn't worth my time or some other reasons I can't remember now - maybe I was bored. Lol.

So now, i am expanding my influence to a different channel - YouTube. Don't know how the journey will go but I think I'll focus more on loving the process.

Like @Vigilante, my goal for this year are:

1. Get monitized (1K sub, 4K hrs).
2. Get on the rader of some huge hosting company that will need me as an influencer for their brand(s).
3. Get bigger clients on SEO other than those from my country.
4. Will add more as time goes...

Stats from my YouTube channel:

Current subs: 94
Views: 179
Videos: 1

Here's the channel

So, as time goes on, I'll be documenting my entire process here and will be giving out tips and tricks on SEO as well. So, let's go...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
THE HARDEST PART OF BECOMING A YOUTUBER IS CREATING VIDEOS

I have been trying to get myself to create more contents on my channel and some how, I just feel lazy to do anything.
Though, I've created 4 videos, one is now public while the remaining 3 are scheduled to upload every Saturday till the first Saturday of May.

I am trying to be one step ahead of each month so what I do normally is to create and schedule.

I've made up my mind to schedule 8 more videos for the month of May but uptil now, I am still struggling to create one.

This coming Sunday, I will push myself to create one and post my process on whether I did it or not in this thread.

Current stats on the channel:

Subscribers: 100
Views: 273
No. Of videos: 1

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
I don't know much about SEO anymore (used to do it many years ago) but I checked your first video and it's pretty good for the first video. Your voice is fine. A better microphone in the future will make it sound even better.

By the way, at 2:37, you say that Azad SEO has many people talking about them but all these three testimonials are actually placeholders.

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
I don't know much about SEO anymore (used to do it many years ago) but I checked your first video and it's pretty good for the first video. Your voice is fine. A better microphone in the future will make it sound even better.

By the way, at 2:37, you say that Azad SEO has many people talking about them but all these three testimonials are actually placeholders.
Wow... Thanks for your kind words. Truely appreciate.

About the AzadSEO, on my FB group, alot of bloggers seems to prefer it more to Supremseo that's why I actually said that but was too nervous to even focus on what I was doing/saying while voicing the video...lol

MTF

Never give up
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 1, 2011
About the AzadSEO, on my FB group, alot of bloggers seems to prefer it more to Supremseo that's why I actually said that but was too nervous to even focus on what I was doing/saying while voicing the video...lol

Ha that's funny because you didn't sound nervous to me. Keep going. You have the right fundamentals to grow this.

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
TThan
Ha that's funny because you didn't sound nervous to me. Keep going. You have the right fundamentals to grow this.
Thanks. I appreciate.

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ
Here are YouTube success stories on the forum you might want to pay close attention to...

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
Here are YouTube success stories on the forum you might want to pay close attention to...

Thanks for this @MJ DeMarco . I've actually gone through all the YouTube posts on the forum - more than 5 times lol. Was lurking throughout the forum all through last year. Decided to start my own thread this year and wanted to give back to the community.

I do know I'll achieve my goals - already got a brand ambassadorship deal down now, will share the details when finally done. And for the rest of my goals, will definitely achieve them... How do I know? Because it will be a big shame to be the first not to succeed in YouTube on this lovely community having seen countless successes.

God bless you again for your books. They have been a life saver - actually almost bought Tony Robbins book on Money, master the game not until a friend introduced me to your books - I've read over 200 books concerning finances but when I read yours, I don't think I've read any book apart from yours till today and this was two years ago...lol. Story for another day.

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
Just checked for my target keyword "how to buy group buy SEO tools" on YouTube and found out I rank second for it... Whooop!!!

I am currently using Ahrefs keyword explorer (YouTube) to figure out search volume of a specific keyword. Using Google trends to figure out if the keyword is something being searched for and using Tubebuddy to determine ranking difficulty.

Also, if you check out what I did on the title, I use same words as the first video but changed the year. I also changed 1 or 2 words to give it it's uniqueness.

Also, check the time on the first 4 ranking videos and you'll discover I marched searchers intent perfectly 3mins long).

I do need to improve my thumbnails though but for my channel, I'll be using the orange, white, green and blue theme to signify originality so that when someone lands on my channel page, all thumbnails will have similar designs.

My second video is scheduled to drop tomorrow... Can't wait for feedbacks.

Attachments

• PicsArt_04-16-01.50.32.jpg
    PicsArt_04-16-01.50.32.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 2

Raja

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 31, 2019
following

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
SECOND VIDEO DONE AND PUBLISHED

Ok, so I took a little detour from the main focus of the channel - SEO and dived into something related - Facebook url unblocking.

In FB group, this is one of the most reoccurring problems ever. People actually built up services for this - most are scammers though. So, I decided to create a video to help out those in need of such issues as unblocking of a url on Facebook.

I tried improving my vocals and also did some audio mixing on this video for more clarity. I also tried not to be microphone shy so that I won't miss my lines.

In all, I think I did pretty good here with the video and I hope to improve more in the future - the kaizan principle y'll.

For the video SEO
My target keyword here is "Unblock url from Facebook" seeing the trends on Google trends and also observing how common such question is being asked on my FB group, one can say there's a huge demand for such video. Also, the top videos have 10K plus views which tells me that once ranked, I should be getting passive views from YouTube on the steady.

I placed the keyword on my thumbnail, title and description to tell YouTube I am actually targeting that keyword.

My major goal for getting consistent views isn't from my facebook group but from YouTube SEO. That's to appear on YouTube search top 3 ranking videos for all my videos as this leads to appearing on YouTube suggested videos that grows the channel massively.

Current stats:
Subs: 112
Views : 412
No. Of videos : 2

Link to second video on how to unblock your url from Facebook
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXeEIA5Z-S0&t=5s

Will update this thread on the promise I made above later tomorrow.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
This coming Sunday, I will push myself to create one and post my process on whether I did it or not in this thread.
I finally pushed myself to record a new video. Finished recording about 3 hours ago and I then pushed myself further to work on my email list.

I've listed 400+ emails and left with 500+.

Out of my 8 videos, I've done 1 left with 7 videos to go.

All will be completed on or before this coming Friday.

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
Done with my email list and sent the first batch. Next up : 7 more videos. Feeling pumped!

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
3RD VIDEO AND WE COUNTING...

Like I earlier said, I already scheduled 4 videos to be published month and early next month of May.

This is the 3rd video to drop for this month and for the channel.

In this video, I made a guide on how to submit a website to search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo considering this is usually the first step in any SEO journey.

Video SEO

I did some keywords research using Yoube autosuggest and ahrefs keywords explorer.

From my little research I found out that on YouTube, channels like ahrefs are intentionally targeting this keyword that they had to make 2 videos for it. One ranks second and the other fourth.

I also discover that not many channels are on the YouTube SERPs which gives me an advantage to easily rank.

Another stuff that caught my attention was that the channels ranking for this keywords have their videos dated 2 years back. This could mean that the keyword is an ever green keyword that gets searched often as the search volume shown on ahrefs is 14k.

Channel stats
Subs: 129
No. Of videos: 3
Views: 545

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nspzAKi7mWU

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
Whoop!!!

4 videos - check
174 subs - check
896 views - check

For the month of May, I think I'll be playing it smart this time as I've discovered that most of the views/comments comes from those just starting out on their blog and are lost on what to do.

So, instead of targeting competitive keywords like SEO, backlinks, keywords research etc, I'll be targeting easy - medium keywords that are long tail like how to fix broken links, how to verify website on Google search console using URL prefix methods etc.

The last video I dropped today shows clearly what I'll be targeting as the channel grows

Video title: How to download copyright free images from Google | Royalty free images for Youtube

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8VXytuinYVI

Koji

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Feb 21, 2021
I was supposed to keep on posting videos every Saturday until I achieved my goals but I took out this week to restrategize.

Starting from Monday next week, I'll be posting 3videos/week every week until I achieve my first goal which is to get to 1K subs and 4K hours of watch time and then finally monetized.

Current stats on the channel:
190 subs
4 videos

Now, things are about to go crazy...

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
@Fox It's same with me Did both quiz and application but as yet no automatic confirmation, just...
MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
freelance is cool. but to own a business is like freedom. A newsletter I'm subscribed to gave...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom