The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

#DeleteFacebook

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just saying...

Guess I'm the early adopter here.

I've deleted Facebook from my minds-eye a couple years ago. I still have the accounts, but me visiting Facebook is like me going to the Mutual Fund retirement conference.

And if you want to help me out besides the ten dollars you spent on my book(s), visiting THE FORUM and contributing HERE over Facebook helps me tremendously.

Mark Zuckerberg don't give a shit about you.

I do. ;)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
I’m 26. I gave up Facebook at 17, 2008. It’s cancer.
:arghh:

Joaquim

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 19, 2018
Belgium
What about our Facebook pages and groups we use for our branding/sales etc..?
That trade-off is the only thing holding me back from deleting FB.
Although it's also nice to get noticed when its the birthday of your friends.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
What about our Facebook pages and groups we use for our branding/sales etc..?
That trade-off is the only thing holding me back from deleting FB.
Although it's also nice to get noticed when its the birthday of your friends.

I deleted my Facebook for a few months. It was the best thing I ever did.

Then i started my business. And I need my Facebook groups to talk to my customers and get sales.

I am tempted to make a second account that has no friends solely to be the admin of these groups...

The Patriot Way

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Sep 19, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Facebook is straight up evil. I've been using the "News Feed Eradicator" extension for over a year, which replaces your entire news feed with a motivational quote. I keep it for groups and to discover opportunities and hone my ideas from relevant communities. No sympathy for any "difficulties" they're having now.

D

Deleted50669

I admittedly have a hard time deleting it. I need to just, do it, and move on with life.

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
307%
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Just saying...

Guess I'm the early adopter here.

I've deleted Facebook from my minds-eye a couple years ago. I still have the accounts, but me visiting Facebook is like me going to the Mutual Fund retirement conference.

And if you want to help me out besides the ten dollars you spent on my book(s), visiting THE FORUM and contributing HERE over Facebook helps me tremendously.

Mark Zuckerberg don't give a sh*t about you.

I do. ;)
Never had Facebook in the first place ;)

D

Deleted50669

W
I deleted my Facebook for a few months. It was the best thing I ever did.

Then i started my business. And I need my Facebook groups to talk to my customers and get sales.

I am tempted to make a second account that has no friends solely to be the admin of these groups...
What improvements did you notice when you got rid of it?

Sprocket

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 7, 2018
UK
I deleted the app a few weeks ago, it’s been refreshing and productive.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada

If you do you'll notice how the facebook algorithms work to try and find people you know. It's scary!

I created a second account with a US-based fake profile to be a page admin. That established one known association with the current page admin (my real profile). It used that single contact to start making suggestions; other business people, other people most close to me personally, general people I friended, even went through those people I unfriended, or denied friend requests from at some point. Then they spam you with potential new contacts via email... ugh

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I would say Zuckerberg is the Devil, but the Devil is actually interesting. Zuckerberg is what I would imagine the Dark Prince would choose as a VP candidate. Evil, sure, but boring enough to bring some balance to the ticket.

GDIBass

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 1, 2018
San Diego
Facebook isn't even effective at keeping up to date with friends and family any more. I finally made the call to leave and was shocked by how often I mindfully opened the page. No more wasting time on there.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Ya Im tempted to leave, even with my group.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
ive been banned 6 times in the last year; F facebook; THERE IS NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH @GlobalWealth lol

F U ZUCKERBURG

facebook is for the birds now. no freedoom (i was on it to keep track of long lost family and kin and children) but they dont want that even anymore.

Parker fields

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 14, 2017
Tulsa, OK
I've mentally left facebook for a little over a year now. It is very nice not being tied to any "Social" media, especially when it just waste our time. I literally only have my account now for selling, and group research. Which I log onto to look at maybe 1-2 times a week for 5 minutes at a time. I could go 2 years without seeing facebook again and think I could die happy.

Facebook is straight up evil. I've been using the "News Feed Eradicator" extension for over a year.
Need to look into this. haha Could start a new trend with it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I wasn’t on Facebook until 2 years ago, then joined in to try and get my head round it.

I had a Facebook group and enjoyed helping people in it, but didn’t like the platform.

I’ve moved my group to a forum. Yay. I no longer need to login to Facebook to check if there’s any questions in my group.

I’ve dropped out of most Facebook groups I was in, and turned off notifications for the few I’m still in.

What’s most tiring about groups is the transient nature of content. Which means the same questions keep getting asked.

I’ve trained my feed to stop showing ads I don’t like.

I’ve deleted all interests.

I do get to see family and friends, which I like.

I can check out groups every now and then to see what people are talking about and struggling with.

I just got bored with Facebook. I don’t feel I need to delete the app. It’s there for when I want to catch up or do research.

I just don’t like Facebook’s business model. Google wants you to get off their platform as fast as possible and get on with your day. Facebook wants to keep you on their platform as long as possible, and keep you from your day.

G

Guest92dX

I like @Andy Black 's views.

Use Facebook for it's main purpose. Just stay in contact with your close friends and family.

Don't like every company under the sun. Don't use it for dating. Don't be a $30K millionaire on there. Just don't.

If only Facebook went for a subscription model. Literally, $9.99 a month puts them at the same or higher stock value.

Plus, it will weed out people just looking to ruin the platform. Facebook has gone downhill.

I personally left before the scandal broke some months back.

The entrepreneur groups weren't that great either.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Doug Smith

Changing Lanes
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 27, 2016
Detroit, Mi
I'm not really a fan of Facebook for several years now. In the early days of FB I found myself posting meaningless status updates, mostly negative. As I began to grown as a person and entrepreneur I found myself posting less and less. I also found myself blocking the majority of my "friends" from the feed because I hated their negativity so much. I still have a FB mostly for some of the groups I'm in. I get a decent amount of value from many of them. I rarely post.

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I did an experiment once by deleting all sources of social media, mindless internet surfing, video games, and Netflix from my life for a week.

It was probably the most peaceful and productive week I've ever had in my life.

You also start to realize how much free time you have when you're not constantly distracted.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
When we go on trips it doesn't bother me to stay completely off the internet for a week or 2. I usually don't even think about it. Problem lately is that the mother-in-law is getting old (90) so we stay closer to home more and spend more time with her instead of taking trips.

One thing that makes it easy for me to stay completely off the internet is that I do not use my phone for the internet. 99% of the time when I am on the internet I am at my desk. I don't like small screens. Maybe if you are having a hard time staying off Facebook or the internet, set the rule that you can only be on when you are at a certain place such as your desk. Or if you have a desk top or lap top make it a rule where you only use it when you are on one of those.

Doug Smith

Changing Lanes
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 27, 2016
Detroit, Mi
I did an experiment once by deleting all sources of social media, mindless internet surfing, video games, and Netflix from my life for a week.

It was probably the most peaceful and productive week I've ever had in my life.

You also start to realize how much free time you have when you're not constantly distracted.

I actually deactivated my FB, Twitter, and IG at the beginning of this year. It felt good, but honestly didn't change much for me. I think I'm just so desensitized to social media that it didn't matter that much.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.