The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Deaf and Daft, getting my first sale

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey all,

know I’ve haven’t been on the forum in some time. I’ve been mad busy with my MBA. I just finished my last class which was really time demanding and a pain in the a$$. However, where I’m at right now is working on my capstone project which I will write another thread about and keep you all updated so you can have some insight of what a MBA capstone paper looks like and the stages of development of it too.

As for my business, it’s slowed down dramatically due to the timing restraints from the class. Am still sending out cold emails and digging up google trying to find some good prospects. Due to the timing issue, I was trying to come up with some solutions so I can save some time and continue growing. So, what I have done was hire a freelancer from up work to generate leads on a google spreadsheet with a decision maker’s name, email address, business, and their website.

Now I’m cutting out my time of searching the prospect and am just emailing them cold. I haven’t gotten a solid response from the list yet but it’s a start of trying to delegate my work and save some time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Heyy allll!

JP here!

I know it seems like I disappeared off the face of the earth from here for some time now. However, the reality is that I’ve been crazy busy. My capstone project is coming to a close and will be done with my MBA degree in a matter less than 1 or 2 weeks. Which means I’ll have more time to focus on my business ventures and serving my clients even better than before.

On top of my web development and marketing business and my MBA, me and my family are moving down the street to a ‘roomier’ home for a smaller sum more than my house now. The process of moving and all of the paperwork is time consuming and going through the negotiation process is interesting with an person (my realtor) experienced and their thoughts and what type of value should be mentioned and what things that should be excluded so you don’t sound like a ‘car salesman’.

Regardless of the busy months, my business has grown slightly every month since. In Febuary, we made around 400$ and in March we made closer to 900. This month we are scheduled to make around $1500. With two more clients poetineally lined up for 500 each. I’m working hard to keep this trend going. Now the move is coming to a close and my MBA is wrapping up. I hope to be here much more often.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I felt like it had been a while since we saw you around..

Glad it's been a productive time. It's always good when people show back up with good news.

Good luck with the move and the MBA!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I felt like it had been a while since we saw you around..

Glad it's been a productive time. It's always good when people show back up with good news.

Good luck with the move and the MBA!

Haha, I never left.. Just lurked around on my phone for a bit before bed and on the pooper. Never really saw something that felt like I had to give some insight on. That aside, i'll be talking a bit more and catching up on alot of things.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Whoo hoo! I just turned in my final papers and projects for my MBA. As of now, I’m officially complete with the MBA. Am waiting to hear back from the professor to confirm my passing grade. There was also a survey type of exam at the exit to evaluate how much I learned over the past 2 years, apparently it was a lot. When I first took the entry exam, I scored a 33% on the exam. Last night, I took a similar exam without studying, (I’m not a big fan of studying.. I’ll rather know something instead of cramming it in my head in 2-3 days and hope I remember them) and scored a 76% which is in the top 15 percentile of the exam takers.

I’ll be honest, I recognize that I have enough knowledge to be a ‘text-book’ manager. However, I still feel like a small fish in a big pond here on the forum. There are skills that people here have worked on for years and learned by doing instead of taking a class about it. I still struggle with sales myself, even if I took a course on how to manage and lead a sales team. What the MBA is really all about is learning the business language and snippets enough to be able to communicate between different departments and keep the boat afloat and moving forward when possible. From my personal experience if you want to go for the MBA, start a successful business and grow it to have a team of at least 15+ people and then take the degree if you feel like you have to.

Now, I have more time to focus on my web business and be way more productive. This means I have more capacity to offer more to my clients and focus on my sales tactics! Always moving forward!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I’m going through a rough dry spell lately mostly due to the lack of attention to the business because of the capstone paper. I’ve haven’t had a new client in the month of April. I only got one new client in March from a personal network (dropped value big time too).

I’ve not closed a proper sale over a number of weeks. I went back to cold calling to try and nab at least one. I’ve been calling and emailing people on a regular basis now, no big bites yet.

I can’t spend my whole day just calling and emailing people because the quality of my message will become diluted and will lead to more work with no success. I will be persistent and continue to call and email people upward to 3-5 per day. I’ve started to write different variations on the email and see what gets them to reply to me. So far according to the Hub Spot account, I’ve sent out 72 cold emails in the past 2 months with 34% open rate, and no responses..

I know I’m doing something wrong, here’s my breakdown on what might be wrong

• Targeting wrong clients
    • Not interested in new website
    • Doesn’t want a new website yet
  • Emails
    • Too long
    • Too short
    • Not descriptive enough
    • Not genuine enough
  • Cold Calls(interpreter)
    • Nothing I can do here for the interpreter…

I will not hang up the towel. I am working on expanding my services. Currently, I am taking a class on Udemy for Google AdWords and reading through andy black's threads on AdWords to make my skill set even sharper and make myself more valuable.

The whole MBA Capstone paper took away the momentum I had in the end of February, I intend to get it all back and better than before.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I had an interesting experience today. Started normally, as usual, sending out cold emails and started up on my phone calls and stuff.

Remember I make phone calls through a sign language relay call and I don't talk on the phone myself because I can't hear... So this one call it happened to be an elderly lady interpreting for me. I had a cold prospect that never responded but viewed my email and follow ups a number of times.

I hit a gatekeeper trying to inquire me about why I'm trying to get in touch with the decision maker. She was incredibly rude (which happens alot with gatekeepers I've noticed) It's usually easier if you explain what you're trying to do right out of the gate. "Hello, im so and so from this company and im trying to get in touch with "Bill" due to an email I sent about his 'website layout'. Sometimes it works and they'll hold and check with the decision maker, sometimes they just hang up.

This situation was different, The lady didn't believe it was a relay service and went off on the interpreter for lying and trying to use a handicap to get through the gate. She said a number of obscene things that could've bothered me, but it really bothered the interpreter and looked like she was on the verge of tears... When she finally hung up, I told her not worry and I'm used to gatekeepers being assholes...

I felt bad but I guess some people just aren't cut out for the cold calling game...

I think i need to come up with some strategy to get around the cold emailing and cold calling...

Now picking up the phone and calling another cold lead!

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I'm impressed, "normal people" just have to grow the balls to pick up the phone. :)

I had an interesting experience today. Started normally, as usual, sending out cold emails and started up on my phone calls and stuff.

Remember I make phone calls through a sign language relay call and I don't talk on the phone myself because I can't hear... So this one call it happened to be an elderly lady interpreting for me. I had a cold prospect that never responded but viewed my email and follow ups a number of times.

I hit a gatekeeper trying to inquire me about why I'm trying to get in touch with the decision maker. She was incredibly rude (which happens alot with gatekeepers I've noticed) It's usually easier if you explain what you're trying to do right out of the gate. "Hello, im so and so from this company and im trying to get in touch with "Bill" due to an email I sent about his 'website layout'. Sometimes it works and they'll hold and check with the decision maker, sometimes they just hang up.

This situation was different, The lady didn't believe it was a relay service and went off on the interpreter for lying and trying to use a handicap to get through the gate. She said a number of obscene things that could've bothered me, but it really bothered the interpreter and looked like she was on the verge of tears... When she finally hung up, I told her not worry and I'm used to gatekeepers being assholes...

I felt bad but I guess some people just aren't cut out for the cold calling game...

I think i need to come up with some strategy to get around the cold emailing and cold calling game...

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Oh and BTW, I be considering making that company "internet famous"

I think i need to come up with some strategy to get around the cold emailing and cold calling...

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I'm impressed, "normal people" just have to grow the balls to pick up the phone.

I'm the furthest thing from normal.. I'm Deaf! ;)

I'm used to life throwing shit in my face just because I sound different and I give a significant amount of credit to my deafness for making me who i am and wouldn't be as far in life if i was without it.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey Hey Hey

I’ve been crazy busy, moving into a new house over the past month really cut into my entrepreneur time. I’m not going to lie, I’m struggling to complete work for some clients. But work is getting done, just not at the rate I would like to be.. Now, I’ve recognized that trying to get sales/leads time is cut down as well so I’m not selling as much as I would like. Still working on the kinks of my sales process but I’ve gotten some leads and small time sales. Just not enough to justify me to consider quitting my job just yet.

However, the new house is exciting, I’ll have an official office where I can actually sit down and focus on my work and really build a routine that’ll allow me to be more efficient.

On my down times such as in bed or breaks on my 9-5 job, I’ve been reading/watching tutorials on Google AdWords. I know I haven’t maxed out on my abilities to build a website, but I don’t want to limit myself to only building websites and I would like to spread my abilities to market websites for others and my own as well.

I had a brief conversation with @MidwestLandlord some time ago, I’m still walking down this entrepreneur path with no legit direction, but I do have a solid goal in mind. What I’m picturing right now is some sort of Virtual Landlord in a sense. I would like to build/acquire websites that generate revenue whether its e-commerce, AdSense or otherwise , I would understand the language behind them due to web developing and google AdWords experience. Once I accumulate a number of websites, I could start hiring webmasters (virtual property managers) to oversee the websites and keep them updated. That’ll be my first attempt to plant my seed that’ll I’ll try to obtain to grow my future money tree. However, this seed still needs some water (cold hard cash) so I’ll still build websites and stuff till I’ll be able to invest/build.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey,

I guess it’s time for an update… My move is just about to be wrapped up, still unpacking and all.

As for my business, I closed a decent sale last week but still sub 1k. I realized that I’m facing with a problem and that problem is my time invested in this business. I’ve been occupied with my slow lane job, my new house and move which is slightly slow lane as well.. I figured that I need to come up with a solution without truly committing to a FTE. I know that I am tied down and the pressure of me doing a FTE is not ideal now, I’ll be honest, if I walked away from my job today. I might not be in the best position to do so.

So I’m faced with a dilemma, I can either commit to this business and leave my job maximizing my growth and sales. I see that the biggest issue I am facing now is getting sales consistently because balancing my work/business/life is not easy.

So, what I did was break down the different stages of my sales process. I realized there are sections that can be easily outsourced for a reasonable price so what I did was hire and trained a few people on UpWork. One being a lead generation/search for websites that can be upgraded based on credentials I give her. That’s been going on for maybe 1-2 months now and has worked too well and I can’t keep up with the leads coming in and emails going out.

That led me to the next stage of the sales process which gets passed onto another agency I found on UpWork to send a cold email through a sequence that I wrote on hub spot. I trained them to write certain sections to be more personalized and will be reviewing their emails going out to make sure that it is at par to my standards. I still want the emails to be personalized and “real” as opposed to a tacky mass email.

Me and that agency had a decent meeting today and he’ll be starting tomorrow and see how that works.

Everything seemed to be for me to start this new experiment for my business but now BAM! I’m faced with a crisis. Apparently Bluehost emailed me notifying that one of my sites got malware on it and decided to shut down all my domains under that account. Now I must pay top dollar for a proper malware/virus scanner to dig through all my domains to find out where that malware is hidden. I had security precautions on my WordPress sites but it still found a way in. Frustrating stuff, but this is an opportunity for me to learn how to maintain security better I guess.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey all,

Made it through the first week with the new agency. It’s certainly an interesting experience, they are based in india but their English is prestige and better than my own. To the point where I had to explain to them that the emails have to be simplified and in a more relaxed nature. They also have a large amount of experience working with hubspot and they are making major improvements when it comes to ‘tasks’, classification, sequences and the execution of sending out emails. I’ve certainly learned a lot from them in the week I’ve worked with them and that lesson was well worth their payment for that week alone.

But one thing I did not expect… they sent out around 80 emails in one week, and almost a 75% opening rate. As a follower of Fox’s thread and that thread is how I started my entrepreneurship journey and how he teaches and does things is completely different because it’s much more personal dealing with the clients but my limitations are time and telephones so I was trying to find alternatives to my problem which led me to this experiment. The exciting thing about this is several of them opened the email a number of times so they will follow up on those first. The follow ups will have examples of my previous work as well. The pricing margin might be worth it to outsource some services. I will stick to the 80/20 rule once real revenue starts rolling in, but as of now this will put me at a loss. I hope we start seeing some interest and selling of sites to put me on the other side of the fence.

Looking at sheer number of emails going out, I would be lying if I wasn’t intimidated and feeling like I bit wayyyy too much than I can chew. However recognizing that this might overwhelm me only when number of clients want a website all around the same time. Then if that’s the case and I get a number of upfront deposits, allowing me to outsource my web development instead of doing it myself. Of course I will be providing the templates and giving strict instructions on how to build the sites. And then at the end as the project closes completion I can go in and tweak the small things for the clients.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
X-POST with an INSIDERS thread i started

I sat there, feeling a strange buzz in my head.

To my Right, my boss to my left is my ASL interpreter across from me is the supervisor of HR.

I didn’t need to look at my interpreter to understand what she just said,

You are under investigation, as of today you are suspended with pay.”

I thought to myself, is this it? That’s it?

My anal documentation, my integrity, hours of my life given to this company, over a documentation error, I know OSHA is hard a$$… I felt like I was exceptional, I should be given some slack.. I knew better, I know people that have been let go for less… The fact that I was suspended was the slack they gave me, but still this means that I probably will be out of the job when the week out.

My mouth dried up, staring at the calendar at the date the mishap happened. Trying to think how could I screw up this badly? It made no sense… The urge to come up with an elaborate story and LIE to save my a$$ was extremely high, still I didn’t bc the implications will be worse…

I asked the meeting for me to go back and collect all of my documentation and see if we can piece together what happened that day, gave them all my stuff. My boss was very reassuring, felt like he truly was on my side, we have a good working relationship.

I gave them all I could get, walked out to a beautiful blue sky all the while resisting the urge to vomit…

THIS F*ckING SUCKS…

On the drive home, I’m thinking to myself. is this the F*cking Script F*ck this thing.. I read both books fastlane millionaire and unscripted more than once still didn’t really understand the weight because I never had this moment… my moment… my FUUUUUUCKKK THIS EVENT!

It’s funny, I’ve had moments thinking about the FTE in the past, still pale and hoping I get it soon because I wanted to take the full plunge into what I’m trying to do. I still feel like a chicken with his head cut off and running around, but I know I’m not going to take this hit laying down, things will be moving high gear on my projects while im suspended.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
X-POST with an INSIDERS thread i started

I sat there, feeling a strange buzz in my head.

To my Right, my boss to my left is my ASL interpreter across from me is the supervisor of HR.

I didn’t need to look at my interpreter to understand what she just said,

I thought to myself, is this it? That’s it?

My anal documentation, my integrity, hours of my life given to this company, over a documentation error, I know OSHA is hard a$$… I felt like I was exceptional, I should be given some slack.. I knew better, I know people that have been let go for less… The fact that I was suspended was the slack they gave me, but still this means that I probably will be out of the job when the week out.

My mouth dried up, staring at the calendar at the date the mishap happened. Trying to think how could I screw up this badly? It made no sense… The urge to come up with an elaborate story and LIE to save my a$$ was extremely high, still I didn’t bc the implications will be worse…

I asked the meeting for me to go back and collect all of my documentation and see if we can piece together what happened that day, gave them all my stuff. My boss was very reassuring, felt like he truly was on my side, we have a good working relationship.

I gave them all I could get, walked out to a beautiful blue sky all the while resisting the urge to vomit…

THIS F*ckING SUCKS…

On the drive home, I’m thinking to myself. is this the F*cking Script F*ck this thing.. I read both books fastlane millionaire and unscripted more than once still didn’t really understand the weight because I never had this moment… my moment… my FUUUUUUCKKK THIS EVENT!

It’s funny, I’ve had moments thinking about the FTE in the past, still pale and hoping I get it soon because I wanted to take the full plunge into what I’m trying to do. I still feel like a chicken with his head cut off and running around, but I know I’m not going to take this hit laying down, things will be moving high gear on my projects while im suspended.

Hurts hitting that "like" button. Every day I feel like I'm going to get that call or email "you're on an improvement plan" and get slowly worked out of my job.

But this could be the moment where you truly say F*ck it and you make this business 100%.

Either way it goes, I hope it works out for you.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hurts hitting that "like" button. Every day I feel like I'm going to get that call or email "you're on an improvement plan" and get slowly worked out of my job.

But this could be the moment where you truly say F*ck it and you make this business 100%.

Either way it goes, I hope it works out for you.

Thanks man,

To be honest, this forum is a beacon of hope for me right now.

What if i never read the FLF, never came here to find this community.. where would I be at this moment... Probably panicking and trying to wait it out or even applying to jobs with no thoughts of an alternate.

I've done the math... might be a bit of TMI but i need near $2000 biweekly to match up my salary... a bit of a steep goal to hit in 30 days if this is indeed my fate...

Still not going to stop me from trying

Denim Chicken

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Jun 5, 2010
California
Thanks man,

To be honest, this forum is a beacon of hope for me right now.

What if i never read the FLF, never came here to find this community.. where would I be at this moment... Probably panicking and trying to wait it out or even applying to jobs with no thoughts of an alternate.

I've done the math... might be a bit of TMI but i need near $2000 biweekly to match up my salary... a bit of a steep goal to hit in 30 days if this is indeed my fate...

Still not going to stop me from trying
If I read correctly, you stopped using the agency because they were too successful in bringing in leads that you might not be able to fulfill?

Did any of those leads amount to a sale?

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
If I read correctly, you stopped using the agency because they were too successful in bringing in leads that you might not be able to fulfill?

Did any of those leads amount to a sale?

Not yet, its only really been 2 weeks so far... But i have gotten a few responses and am working on it

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Still no update on whether I have a job anymore...

I did a breakdown of my finances; I will need to have about 1.5k biweekly to make up for the lost income which is not impossible from what I have seen on here to achieve in a short amount of time.

After some self-reflecting, I had to figure out what can I do today and now to provide value and try to make some money immediately. So using the tools to my disposal and YouTube I’ve searched to find how to make a website that can make me money, the choices I came across were AdSense, Affiliate Marketing, and E-commerce.

They all require time to make money. The first one I had to eliminate was E-commerce, money is tight and I don’t have enough room to dig into my savings to spend on products and the return might come a bit later. AdSense was the next one to go it requires a lot of blogging and writing articles and guest posting etc. The last one left was affiliate, and even if it takes some time, the upfront costs to build the websites with WordPress is minimal and with my experience I know I can throw one together really quick.

So, I dove in, now I've been working hard all night and most of today building an affiliate website... I know it’s not popular around here on the forum. The truth is, I see a lot of value coming out of this for me, learning how to build a ‘storefront’, researching for a specific niche.

The Niche I settled in on had a decent amount of traffic, 40k a month from the primary and floating at 20k a month with secondary. The keyword difficulty ratings from SEMRUSH were promising so I got to work.

More Info on the INSIDERS Thread I’m going to reveal what’s the niche and the website for feedback.

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
I'm sorry to hear that, and I wish the best for you and yours.

Several years ago I had a similar situation during the '09 recession. It turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to my career. It showed me that there was another way, it eventually led me to this forum and to starting my own business!!!

I'm confident that it will work out, and you will make it happen.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I'm sorry to hear that, and I wish the best for you and yours.

Several years ago I had a similar situation during the '09 recession. It turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to my career. It showed me that there was another way, it eventually led me to this forum and to starting my own business!!!

I'm confident that it will work out, and you will make it happen.

Yep, it does suck at the moment.. Still so many questions and literally feel like I'm treading water in this Ocean and i want to say i feel a form of betrayal but I 'knew' better but still this sucks...

I just heard back from my boss calling me back for a 9am meeting on monday with HR... I don't exactly feel a positive vibe, I do have things at my desk and probably will be coming in just to pick them up..

Raaa

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Mar 22, 2017
UK
I love the title of this thread!

Congrats on your success.
And don't ever stop!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
OK,

Time for a update, I’m not out of a job… I’ll just leave it at that for now.

One thing that’s fascinating, even with my distrust in the script and how I’ve always searched for a way out, I still somewhat trusted it. It really is trained and immersed within ourselves that we still march along like the good soldiers that we are hoping for greener grass.

I’m shaken from the current incident and am driven more than ever. I’ve spent the 3 days building a proper affiliate website. And spent the rest learning on how to drive traffic which is a skill that will always benefit me in the future. I intend to stay on the internet so, this will help me for sure.

I set a goal of 1 year from January 2017 to 2018… I have now an affiliate website that I can work with on my down time. Still trying to make sales with the agency, now I have them making the phone calls as well following up all of the emails that went out.

So lets see what happens next! Always pushing harder!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Ok,

It's been at least 6 full months since I started on this forum.. I would be lying if I said I wasn't frustrated. For some reason I pictured myself further ahead at this point...

I have learned TONS of stuff since I started, I know how to code/program and build beautiful websites… Roughly understand how SEO and driving traffic works even if I'm still new at it. Trying to deal with consumers and close sales on the phone.(which is really tough still).

I have made maybe in total of 6-8k ever since I started..

Ever since the incident happened 2 weeks ago… the splinter in my mind has dug itself deeper… It has made me extremely uncomfortable and makes me sweat thinking about it. It actually reminds me of the dog laying on a nail analogy in Unscripted … The splinter is now in a place where I feel like I can't stretch or try to ease my discomfort… I want to go frantic and try everything to try to get it out... Which could be the root of my current struggles and problems.

I've done a good number of things and have grown over time but still feel distressed like I'm not moving fast enough or something. I know its not overnight or even a span of 6 months which is really nothing compared to some of the guys on here like @G_Alexander, @Fox, and @biophase who has spent years before they got to the point where they are today.

I've noticed that I'm a bit all over the place and would consider myself as a generalist… I have the skills to make a beautiful E-commerce store… I have built an affiliate website that has proven that. Right now there is no traffic regardless of me setting up an basic AdWords Campaign… updating the content… scheduling posts on social media.. I know this website went Live 2 weeks ago but I have not seen the traffic organically go over 5 sessions, and adwords only brought in 3 people total…

Maybe I targeted a niche that was either too strong OR too weak for me to turn it into something profitable… I have already put in at least 350 for the website and its advertising so far to get no returns is a bit uncomfortable ATM…

My hope was for this affiliate website was to either break even or profitable enough so I can move the net income on physical products and put them on Amazon FBA.

I've done a lot of reading on the three threads and am considering this route at the moment during my downtime if im not building a website for someone.

GOLD - [AMA] Importing & wholesaling for resale on eBay.

GOLD - Ask me anything about eCommerce (2015+)

GOLD - Sharing my lifetime experience in export/import. Product sourcing specialist.

As of now I have a big fat notebook of what I've learned over my journey after the past 6 months. I hope to share this info with you guys soon.

I will persist

-JP

Last edited:

CareCPA

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
356%
May 2, 2017
Pennsylvania
Good luck and keep pushing through.
We don't become experts in an area without going through a lot of crap first. If it were easy, everyone would do it.
You're still years ahead of some of the others on here who haven't even tried to make a sale.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Good luck and keep pushing through.
We don't become experts in an area without going through a lot of crap first. If it were easy, everyone would do it.
You're still years ahead of some of the others on here who haven't even tried to make a sale.

Thanks man,

Its funny, My logical mind is saying the same things you are... but my hunger is a bit out of control and its not content...

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Relax brother. It's a journey and it doesn't happen overnight.

For some reason this post from @Nicoknowsbest from yesterday popped into my head:

... where he links to this thread by @biophase:

This thread might help you too:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
My first six months looked terrible. I wasn't making any money, I didn't have a "cool" thread, I had no one telling me I was on the right track.

Those first few weeks and months are tough - keep going. If you are improving all the time and focusing on value eventually the market responses.

Also keep in mind it was a lot longer than six months - that is just when I started looking at how to make money online. I had a failed app, ebook, and other ideas.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,183%
Jun 8, 2010
California
The law of momentum:

Beginning sucks. It feels lonely, hopeless, painful, tiring, and filled with failure/lack of direction.

But after a while, it sucks less. You learn what NOT to do. You learn what to focus on.

Then after a while of that, you'll hit the explosion point where everything starts hitting. You'll be smiling.

Stick with it to the end. This forum is here to cheer you on and keep you pushing forward while the rest of the world is saying, "But what if you fail? Get a job blah blah blah". You can do it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.