The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I just made my first sale

Idea threads

Collector

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jan 7, 2024
After years of ideas and mental masturbation,

I just got my first order from a total stranger...

I am 24 years old and my story starts here:

I had the idea for my current business about 3 years ago.

Planning, chasing perfection, waiting for ideal circumstances, and general fear made me wait a whole 3 years to finally get my elbows into the mud.

The idea was about an exotic supplement.

After I read the books of M. J. Demarco, I saw the business world with totally different eyes, and an Idea was born, or was it?

When I look back 3 years ago, the whole thing was so overwhelming.

I did see the opportunity, but I lacked the skills, the belief and the money to pursue it.

I didn't had the courage to do it all by myself, so like most of us, I made the obvious mistake of teaming up with a friend.

Long story short, The work share was not fairly split, he was not familiar with Fastlane principles, and he lacked enthusiasm about the whole thing, so I said, "Screw it, I will do it all by myself.

I started to analyze the market and grade the business.

It had all the commandments of C.E.N.T.S

There were already a handful of other people selling it, but none of them did it properly.

There were a lot of Value skews to be made.

1. Better package

2. Professional website

3. Customers Service that SUCS

4. Faster shipping

5. Better About Us page

6. Better pricing

After I analyzed everything, I realized that I had a massive mountain of work,tasks and Organization in front of me, if I wanted to make this thing work. It was quite a mountain to climb for someone with no entrepreneurial experience.

I started to tackle all my excuses

I learned to use Shopify (after hours and hours of YouTube videos and trial and error)

I researched where to make and order professional looking packages.

I found a distributor for the supplement.

I paid people on Fiver to do some designs.

I paid a Lawyer for some more Information about legal Issues.

Bought a domain and all that stuff.

Designed the packaging

Read some more books about branding, to differentiate myself and build a strong brand.

After all that work, which honestly took me more time than I am proud to admit, I had everything.

I had everything to make it all real.

This is it, it's no longer some fantasy business plan, it's a valid offer waiting for customers.

The next problem was figuring out how to market it.

I started to play around with Google Ads, watch some YouTube videos, and start to pay PPC Google Ads.

First day: about 10 clicks, and a person tried to order.

I couldn’t believe it, people are really visiting my website.

Second day : 11 clicks and BANG, there it was...

My first order. My first 60 bucks I just got from a total stranger.

Is this even real?

The money is pocket change, but the whole situation just crushed all my excuses, and all the doubt and fear I had pursuing my goals vanished with 1 order.

The next thing I noticed is that people keep visiting the website, and put go to the checkout and cancel the order or just visit the website and take a look around ( I installed this tool, Crazy egg that makes a recording of every website visit)

I got so excited and started to Act assess, and Adjust.

I need to learn more about Google Ads, then try some TikTok and Instagram ads, and even stick flyers and posters near the stores of my competitors.

After some Investigation , I found out that one store in my city is selling a ton of the supplement, and their offer is quite shabby. They have no online presence, but their store sells a lot of supplements and is running for 10 years.

I know my offer and value are better, so I need to get to these customers of theirs, and get them to see my offer.

I look forward to improving more and getting some Reviews from my next customer.
Thanks M.J

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.