The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Confused about my next 2-3 year life plan!

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

salman165324

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 12, 2022
I am determined about becoming an entrepreneur in the future. But I don’t have the money or skill to do so. My plan is to choose a career and do well in it. In the meantime start building something of my own.

I thinking about choosing two paths. Learning web development than doing some job, then freelancing. Then entrepreneurship.

Learning digital marketing, doing some jobs then freelancing. Then entrepreneurship.

Both of them may take a similar time. Maybe 2-3 years.

My background: Working in the business development field for the last two years of a startup company in Bangladesh. But I don’t have any formal degree in business not even a bachelor's in anything. My skills are my work ethic, analytical thinking, problem solving and communication. I did read 1-2 business-related books. But I don’t a vast knowledge in this field but certainly acquired some practical knowledge in the last two years.

I also want to move and emigrate to a more economically and politically stable country.

What will you do if you are in my state? Which career path should you choose?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fabd

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 31, 2022
Netherlands
Hello @salman165324

Lots of options there. Only you can choose which path to take.

I would like to share my thoughts about your post here.

Maybe you can take small classes out of both, web development and digital marketing, then see which one makes more sense for you.

Maybe just attempt to start your own thing directly, if this is your end goal and you will anyway need to learn.
I am curious, have you read MJ's books?

I guess you will also find a lot of answers there to help you find your direction.

Also maybe try to ask yourself, where would you like to contribute and add value? Then try to align what you need to learn with what you think you can contribute to in the future.

Good luck!

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
You can immediately start learning skills online for basically free. In terms of a career path - nobody can tell you what to do there. Marketing and sales are generally great skills to pick up if you want to start your own business though.

What I would also recommend is doing something basic on the side that teaches you the mindset of making money.

One great option - Arbitrage.

For example, it seems that you speak English well and you live in a country that many others wouldn’t think to look at when browsing the market for items.

I‘ve spent a lot of time in different countries in Asia and one thing has always been very apparent to me: the secondhand markets are way different than in the west.

I bought an Ibanez guitar while overseas that I can sell for double in the US (not going to - just an example).

So, maybe there are secondhand items in Bangladesh that you can sell to western countries for a higher price.

They will need to be more expensive items because you’ll have to pay for shipping, but any margin at first is good.

The best part is, you only need to make the listing for the item (on something like ebay) and THEN buy the product if someone purchases it.

This will teach you how to make good listings that sell, how to price items, and show you what is in demand on the market - amongst other things.

Now, I’m not sure that Bangladesh is a great place to do this, but I am sure that you can make some money doing this. It’s just one example I am giving.

Hope this helps!

Quick edit: This is actually how I first started making money in college. Some company - I think audio technica - was having these bundle deals on their site that actually sold for $100 more when you sold the parts as new. I wasn’t doing arbitrage because I bought the bundles ahead of time, but I made thousands from just one of those bundles. I would do this with a bunch of different tech items. You can find opportunity if you look for it.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I am determined about becoming an entrepreneur in the future. But I don’t have the money or skill to do so. My plan is to choose a career and do well in it. In the meantime start building something of my own.

I thinking about choosing two paths. Learning web development than doing some job, then freelancing. Then entrepreneurship.

Learning digital marketing, doing some jobs then freelancing. Then entrepreneurship.

Both of them may take a similar time. Maybe 2-3 years.

My background: Working in the business development field for the last two years of a startup company in Bangladesh. But I don’t have any formal degree in business not even a bachelor's in anything. My skills are my work ethic, analytical thinking, problem solving and communication. I did read 1-2 business-related books. But I don’t a vast knowledge in this field but certainly acquired some practical knowledge in the last two years.

I also want to move and emigrate to a more economically and politically stable country.

What will you do if you are in my state? Which career path should you choose?

Based on your two highlighted path options:

freecodecamp.org = FREE!
Digital Marketing videos inundating YouTube = FREE!

1. Acquire skills for free
2. Trade skills for money
3. Use money to start and build your business
4. ???
5. Profit!

Number 4 is what makes or breaks you, but you'll have to figure that out yourself.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.