The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

BRO-MARKETING! (Great Copy Selling Crap Products)

Marketing, social media, advertising

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
how am I going to join the 2 Comma Club?

Sign up for my next webinar and I'll tell you how. It's only $10,000, but act now, I'm only accepting 100 trainees.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump!

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Read this passage in Unscripted the other night, perfectly describes some of my Girlfriends "networking" business friends, I've never liked them and was able to describe how I saw their place in the business world because of this!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Hate to admit it, but I was a sucker for these BRO-marketing stuff. Was desperate and believed the hype...only to end up being disillusioned...lesson learned!

I think at some point we all heard the sirens call of Bro Marketers.

But the good thing is that we don't give them our money.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
You might be a BRO-marketer if you justify your bad product and business model by saying, "I'm just doing this to build up the cash needed for my real fastlane business."

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Seen a few posts with ya'll using the term "bro-marketer" -- thought this needed a bump.

D

Deleted50669

Reminds me of..

29f6ddda4feaf5a98f2ff3eeb57f8585--it%27s-always-sunny-its-always.jpg

That is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt Hugh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Nov 26, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Instead of spending $5.36 on the kindle version of TMF I spent over $30k on numerous $997-1997 on IM courses and software to sell and market products that I didn't control, that people didn't need or know how to create or access.

I started waking up from my self deception when one of these IM gurus mentioned during one of their courses 'I can't help you with the product, that's on you'. What's done is done and it was my choice. I own the results of that folly. Leveraging tools of influence, urgency and scarcity were a valuable lesson for me from the BRO-marketers. Valuable now that I am applying them to my daily choices about how I spend my life rather than chasing more quick fixes and action faking.

It was the recommendation from someone in a trusted forum that I decided to finally give TMF the attention it deserved.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Leveraging tools of influence, urgency and scarcity were a valuable lesson for me from the BRO-marketers.

Very valuable tools of the trade.

I have no problem with "bro marketing" techniques in general, it only becomes a problem when it's used to push junk products that don't work. IOW, it's the means to and end, and the end is a scam.

Matt Hugh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Nov 26, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Very valuable tools of the trade.

I have no problem with "bro marketing" techniques in general, it only becomes a problem when it's used to push junk products that don't work. IOW, it's the means to and end, and the end is a scam.

I just noticed that back in 2014 I purchased Millionaire Fast Lane by Elliot Thomas on Audible. It was ABSOLUTE DRIVEL!! No doubt I heard about your book back then and bought that piece of crap by mistake. Have you tried taking legal action against this imposter? Surely I'm not the only dweeb who bought that trash after just remembering the name of the book and not the author.

So apparently my recollection above of the past was BS. The title of your book did not in fact repel me from purchasing AT ALL. It seems I was so keen to buy it I didn't even check to see if it was written by the correct guy when I downloaded it from Audible!

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
a KNAWLEDEGEable guy who loves his Lamborghini's.

I think the king of BRO-marketing in 2017 is Tai Lopez. That guy is ANNOYING. He's buying all the preroll ads for every YouTube video I watch.

Now the guy is surfing over the Bitcoin craze and leveraging the hype to buy more YouTube ads. Talking about Bitcoin to get your attention. Always bragging about his mansion, sports cars and female model "friends". He's obviously targeting highly insecure males.

Would this guy sale without buying so much ads? I don't think so. But more annoying are his "organic" videos talking pure nonsense. Yes, I was following him on Twitter, buy I have unfollowed him when found he's pure bullshit.

Last edited:

jlwilliams

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Dec 14, 2014
I bet most of us have fallen for it to some degree at some time. The whole industry of selling "how to make money ___!" exists and thrives because it harnesses real emotions that most people have. No one gets successful because they were happy with what they had. When one is feeling despair, one may grasp at straws. Hucksters selling golden straws will always find at least a few buyers.

I freely admit that I have had more failures than successes, and that those failures are part of my road through life. Among those failures has been buying some BRO marketed crap.

(Disclaimer: I haven't read Unscripted yet so I'm using the term "BRO marketing" based on context here. My copy of Unscripted is on its way, a Christmas present to me from me.)

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC
Thinking back on the time I fell head first into a bro marketing scam both pisses me off and depresses me at the same time.

How could I be so blind and naive? How do they sleep with themselves at night? I spent $997 (that I didn't actually have) on a "business in a box" course. "I'll give you the exact business that makes me 10k/month!" Yeah, it didn't get me 10k/month. It just put me $997 in the hole. It almost drove me away from trying to be an entrepreneur altogether.

They prey on people who don't know any better or have reached a point of complete desperation that are just trying to better themselves. Most of them at least. Some of them are assholes just the same and fit right in with the bro-marketing fraternity.

Anyway, I eventually found MFL and you amazing people, and I'm chasing my dreams again. I'm not moving as fast as the bro-marketers, but I'm doing it right, learning, and solving problems every step of the way.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Just found some in the wild...
bros.png

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The TLDR of Bro-Marketing...

makingmoney.jpg

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I'll let you know if there is a "upsell". Since you are not on the 2018 Fastlane Summit (Confirmed Attendees) list.

@MJ DeMarco
@Chitown
@eliquid
@SteveO
@million$$$smile
@biophase
@Envision
@AllenCrawley
@DaveC
@csalvato
@Kung Fu Steve
@TheTruth
@Arrabista
@Get Right

I plan on having in my presentation:
  • 1 bump offer
  • 2 OTO's ( with several down sales per OTO if you say no )
  • a 1x1 weekly coaching pre-sell message ( snuck in my presentation )
  • at least 4 seats open for my $25,000 inner circle master mind
  • 3 payment plans available during my urgent 45 min presentation ( plans are over at the end of my presentation
  • an option to buy me drinks at the bar ( recurring payment every 60 days )
  • the option to pay in all this in bitcoin
  • A weekly email to persuade you why you should come to my master event across the street next year this same time
  • an intro to my "friend" I've known since high school who is also a guru that Im an affiliate for and he will pitch you all kinds of stuff too if you don't buy from me. His name is Tai...
  • A chance for you to fly to my yacht ( rented for the day ), eat dinner with me and 4 other guru's, and have me mentor you for $125,000

Last edited:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Lost all content will start again. See post #54
Walter

Last edited:

AnAverageJoe

remember that you will die
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Feb 4, 2017
NMBSC

Yeah, I guess I'm lucky it didn't cost me any more $$$ to "wake up." Even though they do their best to blame you for it and make you think it's your fault. Whenever I went to my BRO with questions I always got some variation of, "You just can't sell."

But don't worry, there's a course for that.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Lost all content will start again.
Walter
Here it is again as best I can remember.
AnAverageJoe was definitely lucky to only lose $997 to discover what "Believing what you want to believe" can cost you. That human weakness is the fuel that BroMarketers run on.

Recently a Fastlane member asked my opinion about a buy in a box system with which I was familiar. The system is offered for $39,000 and for that the marketer promises that you can make $3,000 a week. He pushes the notion that a franchise would cost $100,000, but my comment on that is that anyone offering a franchise is legally obliged to substantiate earnings claims. Bro Marketers aren't.

That marketer had one big success 10 years ago when he very successfully began importing cabins in a box. Like Tai Lopez he has managed to be interviewed on every possible form of media and he relentlessly uses that influencer marketing.

In recent years he has begun selling his program as a "business" in every imaginable business for sale place.

He's not without his critics, in particular a husband and wife team who offer a very similar program at the bargain basement price of $23,000. I find it interesting that they also milk the Tai Lopez method of interviews on media, which they publish repeatedly.

Try telling people in a serious tone, that the word gullible has been removed from the dictionary. The number of gullible responses you get will tell you why it is that Bro Marketers will always have a public that will believe.

Walter

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
**The Return of the King**

maxresdefault.jpg

FIND A MENTOR.

Same behavior as Gates, Jobs, Musk, Bezos, Zuckerberg.

(The girls in the picture are NOT paid models. They are friends from high school.)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Bump.

animalstyle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
Jan 5, 2018
USA
Thanks for bumping this MJ. I've been building websites since the gold rush SEO days and just never hopped on the churn and burn, zero value, moving whatever crap has an affiliate program bandwagon. I've actually been self conscious at times because I am hardwired to take the 'slow' route AKA the route that feels right to me morally and this gives me some context around that. Still have tons of work to do, but last night I mentally switched 'money' for 'value-vouchers' and things suddenly make a lot more sense!

BrooklynHustle

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Apr 3, 2014
DMV
I plan on having in my presentation:
  • 1 bump offer
  • 2 OTO's ( with several down sales per OTO if you say no )
  • a 1x1 weekly coaching pre-sell message ( snuck in my presentation )
  • at least 4 seats open for my $25,000 inner circle master mind
  • 3 payment plans available during my urgent 45 min presentation ( plans are over at the end of my presentation
  • an option to buy me drinks at the bar ( recurring payment every 60 days )
  • the option to pay in all this in bitcoin
  • A weekly email to persuade you why you should come to my master event across the street next year this same time
  • an intro to my "friend" I've known since high school who is also a guru that Im an affiliate for and he will pitch you all kinds of stuff too if you don't buy from me. His name is Tai...
  • A chance for you to fly to my yacht ( rented for the day ), eat dinner with me and 4 other guru's, and have me mentor you for $125,000

Deal

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.