The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Breaking Out

Upstream

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 10, 2018
FL
Man, what a trip it is trying to break out of the programming I received my whole life!

I wish this book had been given to me as a kid. It wasn't around back then regardless, but I don't know if I would have known what to do with it at that stage in my life anyways had I not experienced everything I have up to this point.

I read this book a couple of years ago as a I was working as a financial advisor for a large well known investment broker, and it absolutely blew my mind and "ruined" me :) It changed my views on basically everything, not just what I was doing at the time. I felt like I couldn't do my job anymore, as I couldn't stand behind selling the stock market and "get rich slow" as solid investment advice. I couldn't stand behind the idea of not practicing what I preached, and the more and more I saw higher up the ladder, the worse it got.

I'd been sold slowlane, and was also selling the slowlane! It was awful. I grew more and more to hate the job and industry, and after a co-worker committed suicide, I finally quit.

Since then, I have had trouble getting truly started in a Fastlane. I started looking at Amazon FBA a while back, but ultimately decided that it wasn't something that I wanted to pursue, as Amazon gets paid first, and has a ton of control over your business. After watching my friends Kindle publishing business get shutdown by Amazon multiple times, it just wasn't attractive for a long term business.

I have since started working for a business that was founded upon selfish reasons (the founders have made money in the past from this type of business, but there isn't a strong need for the service and it is a highly saturated market), but will likely receive an equity stake in the company in the near future as I have been with them basically from the beginning.

Right now, I am trying to figure out my next steps. Everything in my being tells me that I want freedom and my own business. My mind still tells me to look for a better paying job. It culminates in a half assed job search while really just trying to get into first gear and get the car moving down the Fastlane. I have had some F this moments recently, and am working to get over that hump of inaction/indecision.

I am here to seek experience, strength, and hope in pursuing the Fastlane.

Thank you for reading.

CJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
The fastlane is about principles, not a checklist to measure business ideas with. You can find success with a million different businesses and applying fastlane principles will help avoid common pitfalls. So don’t get caught up with finding the perfect “fastlane business”.

Why not get involved in the investment brokerage business?

It is best to get into a business you have a competitive advantage in. You have experience and connections that give you a huge advantage compared to a normal guy on the street. That’s not the case with Amazon FBA, you have no advantage there. Do you have a unique skill or know someone that can give you a head start in an industry?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...