The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ambitious 21 year old college student

MrWilliams007

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Apr 21, 2016
Baltimore, MD
Greetings FastLane veterans!

My name is Eliot.

I've recently stumbled upon this forum while searching for Tai Lopez's credentials. I was wondering how he became successful and demanded to know.

After finding this forum, I realized I didn't care for Tai Lopez anymore. I figured this forum had plenty of information and a wonderful community. I've read a few posts and I must say, I admire this forum a lot.

The organization on this forum is amazing and you guys seem to have a lot of insightful information.

I'm a political science student attending Morgan State University. I plan on going to law school but something is holding me back. The idea of working a 9-5 (or more) every day is just mentally draining.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to practice law. I would love to be able to help people without solely relying on payment.

In other words, I want to become a wealth builder. My goal is to graduate from college of course, but I want help steer the city of Baltimore into a residential and economic powerhouse.
I have been passionate about real estate and development since elementary school; if you don't believe me, go ask my mother! (not really).

Unfortunately, I don't have any money. I recently invested a couple thousand dollars in a real estate development company to help kick star my dream which resulted in becoming their intern, but I want my OWN company. For this company I usually go out and look for investors who are willing to watch the company grow and stimulate Baltimore and surrounding areas. I want to make deals for myself and be able to purchase properties, flip them, rent them out, or do whatever it takes.

I am not here looking for investors for this company. I am simply here to introduce my self, network, build friendships, and gain as much insight as possible. I am willing to humble myself and learn from whoever is willing to mentor me along the path to financial freedom.

P.S. I will not limit myself to real estate discussions. I am always open to different business ventures and partnerships in the future. I plan on becoming an active community member on this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

mtn_baldy

The Charismatic
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
354%
Apr 20, 2015
Kalispell, Montana
="MrWilliams007, post:
After finding this forum, I realized I didn't care for Tai Lopez anymore.
I hope you can stick to a business idea longer than you stood by Tai ;)

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
Welcome.

My sister, still in high school, also shares law school ambitions. I'm convinced the qualities required of a lawyer are extremely transferable to that of an entrepreneur:
  • Logical to the F*ckin' letter
  • Ability to direct the attention of a filled room
  • Effortless persuasion and oratory skills
  • Thirst for money
  • Cool professionalism during ethically challenging circumstances
I've heard my whole life I should be a lawyer as well. I just know for a fact that spending countless years and thousands of dollars to end up working for someone is a recipe that is not current in '16.

Take a look at Peter Thiel. The biggest disappointment of his life -- getting rejected at the possibility of becoming a supreme court judge -- became his ultimate turning point. OG of the Paypal Mafia.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
@Envision - you're this kid's age and you're already a RE investor. Any words of encouragement or advice to give him?

Welcome to the forum.

Georgy

Stranger in Moscow
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Mar 7, 2016
Canada
I am simply here to introduce my self, network, build friendships, and gain as much insight as possible. I am willing to humble myself and learn from whoever is willing to mentor me along the path to financial freedom.

Good intentions so far ;). Welcome to the forum amigo. It's all about learning and meeting the right people along the way. Best of luck with everything!

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Greetings FastLane veterans!

My name is Eliot.

I've recently stumbled upon this forum while searching for Tai Lopez's credentials.

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ChasingPaper
@Thiago Machado
@axiom
@Vigilante

I was wondering how he became successful and demanded to know.

After finding this forum, I realized I didn't care for Tai Lopez anymore. I figured this forum had plenty of information and a wonderful community. I've read a few posts and I must say, I admire this forum a lot.

Interesting.

"The Master" = The Fast Lane Forum.

This guy is playing the game well in the opening.

The organization on this forum is amazing and you guys seem to have a lot of insightful information.

I'm a political science student attending Morgan State University. I plan on going to law school but something is holding me back. The idea of working a 9-5 (or more) every day is just mentally draining.

\

Cough...BORING... cough...

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to practice law. I would love to be able to help people without solely relying on payment.

In other words, I want to become a wealth builder.

BANG!

There, you nailed it.

I'll like your post, just for this sentence, because you obviously have at least some ambition swirling around with a whole lot of boring and nonsensical thinking.

My goal is to graduate from college of course, but I want help steer the city of Baltimore into a residential and economic powerhouse.
I have been passionate about real estate and development since elementary school; if you don't believe me, go ask my mother! (not really).

Yawn.

You're making me regret tearing through your OP Musashi Style, slicing and dicing my way through the thicket of illegitimate gibberish, in the mad hope that I would possibly be able to get you to get out of your own way, merely through the power in the truth of the words that you said yourself.

Let me repeat.

Yea.

Again.

Yup.

I like it.

Yea, one more time.

Focus on that.

And don't take it from me.

I'm just the money-making, deal-closing crazy guy, hollering "MONEY OVER EVERYTHING!"

I'm just the guy that says being broke sucks, and that you should do as Jordan Belfort instructs and DEAL WITH YOUR PROBLEMS BY BECOMING RICH.

Meh.

I'm done.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Welcome,

I wonder how much traffic Tai Lopez brings to this forum. If you stick around you'll find pretty much everything you need to know about entrepreneurship and business on the forum.

First, I would read The Millionaire Fastlane . If you don't you're wasting your time because you wont get the depth of what people say from the forum.

Once you've read the book you'll see why need/value trumps passion and you can operate from that mindset.

You will need money to invest in real estate - So if you don't accumulate too much debt in school and have a good outlook once you have a degree you may want get a really good job that can finance real estate investments. Otherwise you will need to focus on saving your income and increasing it so you can invest the funds (entrepreneurship).

Describe what this means, "I recently invested a couple thousand dollars in a real estate development company to help kick star my dream which resulted in becoming their intern"

The way you're perceiving REI seems a bit off. I don't believe you can have an REI company once you have scale. This is a slow game. It will take years to get to the level where you will have a team and will operate at that level.

If I were you, and I have been you, I would do this, and I have done this.

Determine what you want to do - Your Strategy
My overarching strategy is buy and hold simply because to reach my goals I don't believe my time is best spent doing things that don't produce consistent cash flow.

You may find partners, you may househack, you may find seller financing deals but it all correlates back to buying and holding.

Determine how you will do it. - Your Education
You probably have no idea how to invest in real estate. Learn it, go to biggerpockets.com and study, attend local REIA meet ups in your area, and pick the brains of smarter people. Read books, listen to podcasts, and devour the information that's out there. And realize you know nothing and be willing to learn.

Do it. - Act on your plan.
To clarify, this is the part where you work for 55-60 hrs a week(not including your startup) for 12 months straight making shit money and saving every penny and after you've sacrificed your nights out and your fun you'll have 10k In your bank account that you can use as a 3.5% down payment using an FHA loan and you close on your first small multi family property.

This is also the part that doesn't pay off for the next 20 years, but the compounding effect of these actions repeated over and over and at scale is what will make me (and you if you choose) a multi-millionaire.

If you want to invest in real estate just do it. If you want to be a lawyer do it. But don't dabble, don't waste your life half assing things because you'll look back and you wont be where you want to be.

Create your goals and fit your actions to meet them.

Last edited:

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
Take @Envision's advice... Read the book. There is alot of verbage that you will not understand until you do.

Also, take your time and read some Gold Threads!

It is always great to see new blood in here! I look forward to seeing you around! Welcome aboard!

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
Good to have you here man, you'll learn a lot from this community. My advice to you is this:

- If you don't want to work a 9-5, don't become an attorney. The good attorneys, in my experience, work a lot more than that. With wealth creation, you'll likely be working even more, but the incentives are much greater in my opinion (financial opportunity, independence, etc.). In either situation, you'll be working a lot more than you expected.
- Look into Baltimore's Chamber of Commerce. Talk to them and get to know them. They are directly involved in the economy of Baltimore. You will also meet other entrepreneurs, and will be better off for it given your circumstances. At the very least, it should inspire your way of thinking.

You're in a good spot considering your youth and educational standing. Take advantage of it. If you want to become involved in real estate, do as much learning as possible. Be infinitely curious. You have an entire community at your disposal.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
I hope you can stick to a business idea longer than you stood by Tai ;)

On a side note, I recently saw a meme using the photo on your avatar. The quote read: "The look I give... When my music is on at the gym and I didn't hear a F*cking word you said."

I thought that was pretty hilarious.

MrWilliams007

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Apr 21, 2016
Baltimore, MD
I can't tell you guys how much I appreciate the insight on the book.

I'm loving and it beginning to live it.
I've already recommended it to 5 people so far.

It's nice to meet you all. I look forward to future discussions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...