The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

All Businesses Will Fail In a Couple Of Months??

Sayd OG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Feb 12, 2019
So we know that the Corona Virus is gonna hit hard - very hard. On the other hand we await the recession and now with Corona it probably will speed up. I think we will probably see the start of the recession still in 2020.

Now I´ve been thinking:
- What business can thrive in a recession + Corona?
- Is there even a business that can thrive?
- What is the best economic/business decision one can make?
- Is the best option to just survive or is there a way to still take action?

What do you guys think how the world will move in a couple of months and how it will effect our lives?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Do you already have a business and are you already taking action?

Seems to be a few threads on here who view this virus like some kinda shortcut around actual work and a real plan.

"Is the best option to just survive or is there a way to still take action?"

I hope you are joking.

Start taking real action based on a long term plan that you control.

Sayd OG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Feb 12, 2019
Start taking real action based on a long term plan that you control.
[/QUOTE]

That is exactly my question what is gonna work long term. And yes I’m taking action but I do not know how it will effect it and if it will be better to make a change of plans. Everything seems chaotic right now.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
That is exactly my question what is gonna work long term. And yes I’m taking action but I do not know how it will effect it and if it will be better to make a change of plans. Everything seems chaotic right now.

Where do you live and what are you working on so far?

Sayd OG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Feb 12, 2019
Where do you live and what are you working on so far?

Germany. I am in the starting phase of creating an agency (service: landing pages & Google Ads). Done market research everything you need and the niche is orthodontics. Now Im struggling - if the virus gets serious, which is very likely, it would not look good for this niche... Matter of fact various other niches would suffer. I do not know if I should continue or rethink everything again with everything that is going on.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There is always a dozen great reasons not to take action.

There's always a recession, or a virus, or too much competition, or too little, or tariffs, or less than ideal trade conditions, or bad currency exchanges, or worker strikes, or a less than ideal political environment, etc...

Pick a problem, solve it, and while you should anticipate risks and mitigate them to the best of your ability you also shouldn't obsess over them.

Owning a small business requires you to be adaptable to an ever changing landscape full of potholes and land mines. A great business owner has a map and destination in mind but also isn't afraid to make course corrections as needed either.

Also worth noting that every recession has winners and losers. The losers TEND to be the businesses that tighten their belts - they cut down on staff, advertise less, control spending, and attempt to ride out the storm. The winners tend to be the ones who double down on their efforts - they increase advertising, hire sales staff, get aggressive with their goals, and poach customers from the belt tighteners.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Germany. I am in the starting phase of creating an agency (service: landing pages & Google Ads). Done market research everything you need and the niche is orthodontics. Now Im struggling - if the virus gets serious, which is very likely, it would not look good for this niche... Matter of fact various other niches would suffer. I do not know if I should continue or rethink everything again with everything that is going on.

You can say this about any endeavour right now. Just start. If you do nothing, then you DO NOTHING. Where does that get you?

If you are so concerned about being industry specific, then branch out into other industries. Or other countries. Spread the risk around.

Good luck to you.

Sayd OG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Feb 12, 2019
Taking action is not the problem here. What concerns me is the direction which I should aim for. Again pandemic + recession is a situation humanity has not tasted, at least in our globalized world.

When I think about long term, right now I have no idea what my next steps should be..

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Taking action is not the problem here. What concerns me is the direction which I should aim for. Again pandemic + recession is a situation humanity has not tasted, at least in our globalized world.

When I think about long term, right now I have no idea what my next steps should be..

Then stop thinking long term. You are trying to predict the future and you can't.

Think short term. No matter what, you need your next client. So spend your time trying to find that person you can help.

Put one foot in front of the other. You might be surprised where you end up.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What would you do if there wasn't a pandemic and recession?

Do that.

It's literally that simple.

There will always be healthy people with money (aka - customers). Focus on what they'll do. Not what the bed-ridden poor will do.

Also - there are good strategies to avoiding the issues of a recession. Simply focus on products and services that people don't cut down on during hard times. This isn't exactly a new way of thinking - people have been talking about "recession proof businesses" for ages.

Hell - if you insist on focusing on the coming doom, focus your business activities on that. Get into the death business if you think this pandemic will be devastating. Start a "celebration of life" company or "turn your ashes into a tree" business. Figure out what problems the surviving people will have and solve them. Or give people the means to not get sick - start a surgical face mask company.

You're strangling yourself in fear, uncertainty, and doubt. It's not that hard to come up with ideas that will work in literally any business environment.

Sayd OG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Feb 12, 2019
Let´s think we are right now in Hubei province in China and under full quarantine. How would you act, because that is the situation I expect that will arise.

For example right now Germany is doing the least in taking precautions and it´s not different in many other countries. There are over 100k people in Cologne celebrating Carnival. It´s the perfect environment for spreading the virus.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Hi compatriot,
the social security here in Germany is perfect! You wont have to suffer much in the comming recession! Don’t worry!
Serious: the worst case szenario is not bad enough to realy fear it!

Have had much fun this weekend, I will not have a coronavirus and the Chinese businessmen I talked to today and yesterday ( yes, they wort Sundays, too) are very friendly and have much knowledge.
BTW, a friend of mine died last year after an accident, a good friend of mine has cancer of lung with metastasis in his brain.

No, I absolutely not afraid of th corona virus and not of the recession.

And when you need ideas for earning money in bad times, that search through the forum and youl be rich in 5 years, if you only take action 1% of the suggested ways to do.

Viel Glück!

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Let´s think we are right now in Hubei province in China and under full quarantine. How would you act, because that is the situation I expect that will arise.

For example right now Germany is doing the least in taking precautions and it´s not different in many other countries. There are over 100k people in Cologne celebrating Carnival. It´s the perfect environment for spreading the virus.

You are watching too much news.

Turn off the TV and focus on working your plan.

@JAJT has amazing advice above but you are currently stuck in a doomsday fear mindset.

bibbysoka

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Jul 5, 2019

Dude. The real Flu has killed more people than corona virus. Drunk drivers kill more than this virus. Obesity, cancer, and various diseases have killed millions and millions more than this virus. Why live in fear of death over it? You seem to either be really young or just like @Fox said, you watch way too much news. Get back to work, focus on your ideas. You're in a safe country right now, stalemating simply because you are afraid of 'what-if's'

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018

Look at it this way: What problem can you solve? (The virus has created a whole lot of new problems that are up for grabs for a leader to execute on.)
  • Manufacture masks
  • Manufacture pharmaceuticals
  • Organize a courier service for deliveries to people who are quarantined
  • Create sourcing routes to get hard-to-find medications that people need to survive, such as anti-seizure medications or heart medications or even anti-depressants, once the supply from China runs dry
  • Create a service where someone can "brighten a nurse's day" by ordering stuff that can be delivered to hospitals for stressed, overtired hospital staff. Make it easy for this to be a community effort where multiple people can contribute, like they do with care packages for soldiers, or Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.
  • Solve the problem of what's going to happen to all the elderly, special needs and handicapped people who depend on a primary caregiver when that caregiver dies from the virus
  • Solve the problem of what's going to happen to children whose parents both die of the virus
  • Solve the problem of helping businesses quickly re-route their supply chains to other locations
  • Solve the problem of restarting manufacturing of parts that can no longer be sourced from China, such as critical grid components or vehicle parts. If the trucking industry breaks down due to inability to replace parts, then food won't get delivered.
  • Solve the problem of getting supplies to and from the farms. This past fall, there was a propane shortage in the Midwest, causing farmers not to be able to dry their grain. If the people in agriculture can't get one critical component, then the food supply could break down. And that would be bad.
  • Keep going. There are some big problems here. Some people will rise to the challenge and become indispensable. Others will "just survive."
If you can't solve the whole problem, can you solve one critical piece that will contribute to the solution? Can you form a strategic alliance of the people that someone solving the problem would need to connect with? Can you lead a grassroots network? Can you create one central location where everyone can go to get all the resources for a topic in one place? Can you

It's hard to think of a scenario where the best option would ever be to "just survive." It is almost always possible to take action.

Make yourself valuable and you will be rewarded.

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
So we know that the Corona Virus is gonna hit hard - very hard. On the other hand we await the recession and now with Corona it probably will speed up. I think we will probably see the start of the recession still in 2020.

Now I´ve been thinking:

What do you guys think how the world will move in a couple of months and how it will effect our lives?

Dude. If this is all it took to stop you, then you're in for a bumpy ride.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Look at it this way: What problem can you solve? (The virus has created a whole lot of new problems that are up for grabs for a leader to execute on.)
  • Manufacture masks
  • Manufacture pharmaceuticals
  • Organize a courier service for deliveries to people who are quarantined
  • Create sourcing routes to get hard-to-find medications that people need to survive, such as anti-seizure medications or heart medications or even anti-depressants, once the supply from China runs dry
  • Create a service where someone can "brighten a nurse's day" by ordering stuff that can be delivered to hospitals for stressed, overtired hospital staff. Make it easy for this to be a community effort where multiple people can contribute, like they do with care packages for soldiers, or Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes.
  • Solve the problem of what's going to happen to all the elderly, special needs and handicapped people who depend on a primary caregiver when that caregiver dies from the virus
  • Solve the problem of what's going to happen to children whose parents both die of the virus
  • Solve the problem of helping businesses quickly re-route their supply chains to other locations
  • Solve the problem of restarting manufacturing of parts that can no longer be sourced from China, such as critical grid components or vehicle parts. If the trucking industry breaks down due to inability to replace parts, then food won't get delivered.
  • Solve the problem of getting supplies to and from the farms. This past fall, there was a propane shortage in the Midwest, causing farmers not to be able to dry their grain. If the people in agriculture can't get one critical component, then the food supply could break down. And that would be bad.
  • Keep going. There are some big problems here. Some people will rise to the challenge and become indispensable. Others will "just survive."
If you can't solve the whole problem, can you solve one critical piece that will contribute to the solution? Can you form a strategic alliance of the people that someone solving the problem would need to connect with? Can you lead a grassroots network? Can you create one central location where everyone can go to get all the resources for a topic in one place? Can you

It's hard to think of a scenario where the best option would ever be to "just survive." It is almost always possible to take action.

Make yourself valuable and you will be rewarded.

You're obviously a successful entrepreneur, probably net worth in the 8 digits, retired, and coming onto here under a made-up identity of "copywriter" to while away time by providing advice.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Ya dude. Every single business is gonna fail because someone got sick.

My business hasn't been affected in the slightest. It's offline, don't import, fully local. Not one of my customers has gotten the dreaded Corona, but if they did, I'd probably feel so bad I'd give them a free service, along with a free 12 pack of Corona and some limes.

Sayd OG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Feb 12, 2019
Dude. If this is all it took to stop you, then you're in for a bumpy ride.

The starting phase of most businesses are bumpy and exactly in these situations you don´t want to take too much risk and let me tell you - I love taking risk haha.

In general I believe most people do not realize the seriousness of the situation. The cases in Italy, South Korea or Iran can happen out of nowhere any time anywhere. Right now everybody saying the flu is worse and everything - the flu causes more deaths at the moment but the potential the Corona Virus has is on another level in comparison to the flu. In China right now 750 million people are quarantined - 1/10 of the world population is under quarantine.

Every Battle Is Won Before It Is Ever Fought - Sun Tzu

At the moment preparation and strategy is key!!

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Now I´ve been thinking:

I must have found a mysterious and hidden way to take action amongst all this, i don't know how i did it honestly.

I just released another cooking class, and am half way through producing my first sales class on rapport building.

All jokes aside i wouldn't worry about it to much, just put yourself out there and produce things.

Shit starts happening when you do.

Saavedra

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 4, 2013
What would you do if there wasn't a pandemic and recession?

Do that.

It's literally that simple.

There will always be healthy people with money (aka - customers). Focus on what they'll do. Not what the bed-ridden poor will do.

Also - there are good strategies to avoiding the issues of a recession. Simply focus on products and services that people don't cut down on during hard times. This isn't exactly a new way of thinking - people have been talking about "recession proof businesses" for ages.

Hell - if you insist on focusing on the coming doom, focus your business activities on that. Get into the death business if you think this pandemic will be devastating. Start a "celebration of life" company or "turn your ashes into a tree" business. Figure out what problems the surviving people will have and solve them. Or give people the means to not get sick - start a surgical face mask company.

You're strangling yourself in fear, uncertainty, and doubt. It's not that hard to come up with ideas that will work in literally any business environment.

case in point: Coronavirus fight in China gets boost from UVD disinfection robots

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Here's a local service business that I bet is going to make extra money during Corona season:

It would probably be super simple to set up something like this in your area. Just make sure you know how to keep your staff from getting infected.

My business hasn't been affected in the slightest. It's offline, don't import, fully local.
OP, if you want to mitigate risk, look for a "recession-proof" industry. For instance, everyone will always need to eat. Children will always need education. Look at the gamut of activities that humans have been pursuing for centuries and you'll get an idea of the areas where someone can always do business.

You're obviously a successful entrepreneur, probably net worth in the 8 digits, retired, and coming onto here under a made-up identity of "copywriter" to while away time by providing advice.
I'm flattered.

Folks who attended the summit can weigh in on whether they think the copywriter thing is just a guise...LOL

Last edited:

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
1/10 of the world population is under quarantine.

Do quarantined people stop having problems that need solving?

Are they suddenly unwilling to pay to solve those problems?

With a mortality rate (quick google) estimate of 2-5%, doesn't that mean than 95 - 98% of people recover and want to go back to living their lives (IE: buying things).

Is everyone in the population sick at the same time? If not, doesn't that mean the unaffected are still buying things?

Dude - you make it sound like a tenth of the planet has put their credit cards and cash away and are all sitting by candlelight rationing whatever food they have in their house and waiting for the end of days to finally come.

This is a serious outbreak but it has a start and an end and not everyone will be affected at the same time. Just because they can't leave the country does not mean they are all suspending all forms of commerce.

Unless this virus is wiping out all human need, there is opportunity.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore

Now I´ve been thinking:

Cleaning company will thrive. Environmental hygiene will be a top priority.

Eldercare will. They are more vulnerable in such situation.

The good thing is if you are into these two business you do not have to worry about demand vanishing just because the corona virus faded away.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
The starting phase of most businesses are bumpy and exactly in these situations you don´t want to take too much risk and let me tell you - I love taking risk haha.

In general I believe most people do not realize the seriousness of the situation. The cases in Italy, South Korea or Iran can happen out of nowhere any time anywhere. Right now everybody saying the flu is worse and everything - the flu causes more deaths at the moment but the potential the Corona Virus has is on another level in comparison to the flu. In China right now 750 million people are quarantined - 1/10 of the world population is under quarantine.

Every Battle Is Won Before It Is Ever Fought - Sun Tzu

At the moment preparation and strategy is key!!

There was no virus when you joined the forum over a year ago.

What have you done since you started this thread?

If you are so convinced then go do whatever your plan is and report back.

What are you waiting for?

Sayd OG

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
127%
Feb 12, 2019
There was no virus when you joined the forum over a year ago.

What have you done since you started this thread?

If you are so convinced then go do whatever your plan is and report back.

What are you waiting for?

I´m waiting on nothing gotta keep moving forward. And one year ago I was also in the classic action faking phase but lessons learned.

I still think most people are still underestimating the situation.

On this channel there are daily updates about the virus, in case anyone of you is interested.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.