The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

GOLD! Achieve Laser FOCUS + PRODUCTIVITY With The System Legendary Fastlaners Use...

business_man

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Nov 25, 2014
Hey, hope @LightHouse does not mind this.

I found this very similar (or maybe even inspired) by David Allens "Getting Things Done" productivity bible. So maybe someone wants to go deeper into this, might be an interesting read.

When I started implementing GTD/GSD in the first few days I had to figure out what to do afternoon, because I did more than I do in two days in a half day :D I guess it is not a bad problem to have :D

What I love is simplicity. Regarding tools - I still play with different tools a bit. I don't use kanban style tools. I use Calendar, MS To Do and doc or keep for project planning. Would love to switch everything to one place, but Google Tasks just looks too messy for me.

Regarding tools, I try to go as simple as possible and this is why.
1. I try to build my productivity around the system, not the tool. Even the greatest tools can go tits up. There was a story that one of the greatest to do apps Todoist go out of business for some time. Everyone had to migrate. And migrating is like switching houses - the process sucks. If google docs will shut, I will switch to word or whatever.

2. I want to add team members simply, so they don't have to pay or I have to pay additionally.

3. I want to have all three parts - Calendar, To Do list and PM tool as integrated as possible.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Taktik

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 15, 2018
@LightHouse Thanks for that system, I love it.
I have one question though: would you suggest only one board, where you have all tasks (business and private) or do you use two or more separate boards?
Thanks.

Garret S.

New Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 16, 2019
Philippines
I started implementing this. It's very easy to organize things now.

And I made the structure like it's a chain reaction.

In the project checklist are the goals.
Three active goals at a time.

In the goals checklist are what goes to the today's tasks column.
Three today's tasks at a time.

You're a life saver @LightHouse !

OP
OP
LightHouse

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
@LightHouse Thanks for that system, I love it.
I have one question though: would you suggest only one board, where you have all tasks (business and private) or do you use two or more separate boards?
Thanks.
This is a great question, thanks for asking @Taktik . In the original version in Trello here, you would need to put them all in the same board but separate them with a signal to you, like coloring the cards.

In the newer versions, we split those boards out. The reason it's different is because Trello has too many steps to switch boards to see things.

OP
OP
LightHouse

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I started implementing this. It's very easy to organize things now.

And I made the structure like it's a chain reaction.

In the project checklist are the goals.

Three active goals at a time.

In the goals checklist are what goes to the today's tasks column.
Three today's tasks at a time.

You're a life saver @LightHouse !
This is actually a really critical thing in getting things done at peak efficiency. Good goal setting is a key in the part of this process and a major reason why this thread is getting a new version.

Your goals should be set in a way that clears a path to everything you need to do. Each thing in your task list should relate to one of your 3-5 goals.

The issue most have, however, is their goals are too small, too focused, and ineffective.

I'm glad it is giving you much needed clarity @Garret S. .

These responses drive me to more research, better understanding, and ultimately more actionable content to post here.

OP
OP
LightHouse

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Bump this for those of you that are struggling to get on it this week!

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2019
This method combined with setting 12 week SMART Goals and the pomodoro technique has completely killed procrastination for some of my coaching clients and family members I have taught this stuff to.

OP
OP
LightHouse

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
This method combined with setting 12 week SMART Goals and the pomodoro technique has completely killed procrastination for some of my coaching clients and family members I have taught this stuff to.
Excellent to hear!

SamRussell

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Thanks for this @LightHouse. I was using a dayplanner, but this system is much more comprehensive.

I'm loving that all my notes are on the tasks / goals themselves, rather than flicking back weeks through a notebook to find a previous decision that I made. Thinking a bit more strategically is easier too, with a "goals dashboard"

OP
OP
LightHouse

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Amazing! Thank you @LightHouse. This thread is huge in value. I will implement it into my system right now.
How has it been working so far?

Thanks for this @LightHouse. I was using a dayplanner, but this system is much more comprehensive.

I'm loving that all my notes are on the tasks / goals themselves, rather than flicking back weeks through a notebook to find a previous decision that I made. Thinking a bit more strategically is easier too, with a "goals dashboard"
excellent feedback. The benefit is there as well to have a phone app to be able to dump all of your items into an inbox where ever you are, this is really a key to the system.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
LightHouse

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
How has it been working for you since and what platform did you choose?

SamRussell

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Dec 3, 2018
UK
excellent feedback. The benefit is there as well to have a phone app to be able to dump all of your items into an inbox where ever you are, this is really a key to the system.
I beat you to it haha. I was using Trello (like in your example) and put the app on my phone, so when I have an idea I can put it straight into the grand scheme of things. Thanks again, this is neat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom