• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! Achieve Laser FOCUS + PRODUCTIVITY With The System Legendary Fastlaners Use...

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by LightHouse, Mar 28, 2016.

1. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,290
    This has been solved by many other applications, most of which are mentioned here.

Andrew W likes this.
  2. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $47,302
    Yes, it's similar to mine, grouping tasks by category. I like it better than a big un-ordered list of tasks.

I like Favro better, because the backlog is only a "b" away, no need to tab over to anything.

Favro's got the same calendar function too, although I haven't really gotten into it yet.

I've got my employees hooked on favro too. It's a great way to keep our conversations together by task. Nothing's getting lost. Everything is clear. I assign due dates to the things that must be done by a certain time. The only thing that's not in favro is the day to day shipments, but shopify orders are basically set up like favro/trello cards, and allow tagging of employees and everything else too.

Greg R likes this.
  3. John Walker

John Walker New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $63
    @LightHouse
    I know you do not use trello anymore, more ...

Every day at the end of the day do you clean the "completed" list by filing all the cards?

What do you do with recurring tasks?

4. inputchip

inputchip Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,951
    Not Lighthouse, but I thought I would share my method.

In the first column which I called "Goals / Habits" I split it into a few sections of short term, medium term, long term goals, and then daily habits. Whenever I do my daily habits I move it into the finished column into the "Daily Wins" section.

At the end of the day I archive my one-time tasks and move my daily tasks/habits back into the first column to be ready for tomorrow.

I can share a screenshot if needed.

5. John Walker

John Walker New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $63
    If you share a screenshot help ...

I've used the Todoist application for a long time, and I'm trying to migrate to Trello.

Trello is not effective in measuring completed tasks, does not have a record of the tasks performed per day, does not have the option of "subtasks" to use in projects. And you do not have the option to use recurring tasks. I did not like the Power-Ups extension.

But I really like Trello's visualization, the visualization of the whole.

andyhaus44 likes this.
  6. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $70,633
  7. EarnStackEnjoy

EarnStackEnjoy New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $43
    Hi everyone. Been following this forum and this thread for a long time! Gold mine.

Started with Trello building up a system and testet Omnifocus (not that appealing) and lately Favro, with I can see the benefits of using. But I've decided to go for Trello for my own productivity system (not managing a team).

I feel I've been coming a long way, but I'm eager to talk to people who are currently using the Trello setup.

Can I find people who want to make this method work and get exchange best practice? PM me.

Andrew W likes this.
  8. Andrew W

Andrew W Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $388
    Essentially, I just use the exact setup from the very first post in this thread. Then I sync it up with a tool called pomello that points to my "Today" category. Pomello will setup a pomodoro timer for your task and encourage you to get your task done in 25 mins. Then at the end of the pomodoro you just move the task over to the "Finished" section and you move onto the next task. Repeat ad infinitum until all tasks are done for the day. It makes it super simple to just grind out your day's to-do list. Good luck!

9. njord

njord Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $59
    Awesome stuf @LightHouse !

Rep sent:)

Im very caotic and after reading the one thing im still having problems keeping an overview of all the things i want done / dont know how to incopiratie it and this looks very very promising and im implenting it now!

TheCrow and Nadine Fortin like this.
  10. Amro

Amro New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $96
    Hi,

I love Trello. It's easy to use and keeps you on page of where you are and what you still (a lot) have to do. And offcourse a digital sticky note system is good for the environment. Nice one. Although I have decided to use it somewhat in a different organized way I must thank for the tip though.

To give a view inside my brain and my boards here are my screenshots:

Team Overview

[​IMG]

Management Team Overview

[​IMG]

Marketing Board Overview

[​IMG]

Thanks for sharing this @LightHouse and will participate in this thread since I find that this is the true essence of success since action is needed to achieve great things!

Regards,
    Amro

Attached Files:

11. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $47,302
    This Favro (Trello) system worked wonders when the team was remote. I was in Europe for 10 weeks, my guys in the warehouse were running the show state-side.

There were weeks where we didn't so much as send a slack message. It was all Favro baby. Moving cards, adding comments when needed, uploading pics, collaborating, getting sh*t done.

Amazing way to keep a team organized. It's still a great way to encapsulate new projects, throw a deadline on it, and hand it off to an employee and then I know they've got it on their list, reminding them daily that it's there.

LightHouse and Amro like this.
  12. dru-man

dru-man Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $159
    Great thread. Set up this system with Trello and so far really digging it.

Having a problem setting up AutoVoice, though. Was going through the process, but when I tried getting Google Assistant to talk to AutoVoice, it said "AutoVoice isn't available on devices set up for your language or country." I'm living in the Philippines at the moment.

Anyone know if there is another way to get set up for voice that's more accessible?

13. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $27,290
    Those instructions are wildly out of date and use the now defunct Google voice.

If there is not direct commands by now you can atleast use this

Create new Trello cards by voice, using Google Assistant

dru-man likes this.
  14. dru-man

dru-man Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $159
    Thank you.
    That doesn't seem to work for me for some reason, though.
    I followed the instructions there, and it says it's turned on, but every time I use the given command, Google Assistant just does a Google search of the sentence.
    I've never really used Google Assistant so maybe I'm just missing something obvious?

15. LightHouse

Rep Bank:
    $27,290
    No idea but I'm sure with a little research you can figure it out!

16. Kung Fu Steve

Kung Fu Steve Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $23,116
    Time for a revival

lowtek likes this.
  17. lowtek

lowtek Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $17,765
    Just want to share a variation on this that has worked for me.

I recently had to produce a video course in a highly technical topic in software. It required reading source material, turning that into code and exercises for students, all of which had to be original. Then I had to turn that into a script, slides, and video. All of high enough quality to sell to software developers at a $50 price point. In short, a rather large undertaking, particularly for a first time video course producer.

I used a platform called Kanban Flow. It's similar to Trello in that you can divide tasks up into cards, but it integrates a Pomodoro timer as well. If you're not familiar with the Pomodoro technique, it's 25 minutes of focused labor (i.e. deep work) followed by a 5 minute break.

This also allows you to track time spent on tasks, as well as to track Pomodoro output by day, week, and month. This adds a gamification element to it, as you eventually want to keep that number high, for as long as possible.

18. LightHouse

Rep Bank:
    $27,290
    Unfortunately I can't update and re-fresh the OP. But i suppose I can make a new V.2 thread. I think most people see the date on this and think it is not relevant, except the same system still works just the same its just a long thread.

I will make a new version of this here soon, along with the accountability partner framework and a few others.

amp0193, StompingAcorns and Kade like this.
  19. MoneyPhantom

MoneyPhantom Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $154
    For those currently using Asana that just want to try this or don't want to switch: Pomodone. They also provide a nice app which can be always kept in the foreground and features a reminder when the timer is not running.

20. active employ

active employ Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $647
    If you use Google Chrome, and Toggl Timer, you can download the Toggl Button Extension. This will make a clickable timer along every card that if clicked starts a timer for that specific trello card.

StompingAcorns likes this.
  21. stnguyenvn

stnguyenvn New Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $42
    For me, trello + pomello is the perfect combination Pomello - Stay focused. Accomplish more.
    It let me track podomoro periods per trello task

lowtek likes this.