• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! Achieve Laser FOCUS + PRODUCTIVITY With The System Legendary Fastlaners Use...

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by LightHouse, Mar 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. LightHouse

LightHouse Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $29,728
    I am glad you pointed that out, sometimes I forget that in my writing but when i speak I always explain Why we do things right behind the explanation. Perfect timing for you to mention this as I am re-writing this post (updating) to put on my new site, and this will be a good point for its structure. Thanks @John Walker , Rep+

Eskil, Huracan and John Walker like this.
  2. MrYoshi

MrYoshi Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $893
    Feel free to let us know whenever you add this to your site. :)

I'll be implementing this other method soon though and going through this thread.

Huracan likes this.
  3. njord

njord Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $483
    This system works so well im recommending it to everyone:) Im sure you wont mind @LightHouse :)

I would like to share my versions i use to the format lighthouse posted, This is the veriation i use for my self I wonder what verriations other guys use on the original format ?

Personal trello board (this one is mostly like the original lighthouse posted but with some extras) :

Personal Inbox (can be household chores to hobbies i want to pickup) | Inbox work (this one is for my side buiness) | today | wait/inprogress | finished | booklist/ things to learn (an ever growing list of things i want or need to learn or read) | Ideas (Ideas for earning money)

But this wasent enough for me i wanted to fit in my long term goals somewhere so i made a second board with the following (its still in the concept fase so it may need more tweeks)
    You can see this board as a funnel from my one thing, to the first board with daylie tasks:

Life goal | goals within 5 years | Goals this year | Habits/projects to work on | morning /evening routine

Life goal is my one thing I want to do before i die (from the book on thing)

Goals within 5 years and this year are things that work toward my on thing or working on my self (working on my social skills ect.)

Habits /projects to work on, are habits or projects that will help me accomplish my goals

And the morning/evening routine is something i have recently implented and am trying out what will hoopfully also help towards accomplishing my one thing.

Ill post my routine at the end of the post.

Then I have also made a board for my work (i want to keep my job seperate this board is just like the original Lighthouse board with some extras (i have one colom where i keep lists of important information like phone nrs ect.) i use to use excel but now i have everything in one place what helps alot!

And last week i made another board for my colleges so we can share tasks and keep an overview on the status of certain tasks. (the only problem now is this board and my own work board overlap so i need to figure something out for that you cant move tasks from board to board...

Here is my routine for now for those that are interested:

morning fitnes atm pushups and stomach excersizes to get started (i do my real workout allways in the everning)

meditate

Self love excersise

Affirmations

Visualize my one thing happing (I do it on the speach i would give when i have accomplished it, what was rather emotional when i dit it for the first time) but i some times just visualize on my other goals and sometimes I also visualize my perfect day.

write my day journal

walk through trello

And read a book

Jello likes this.
  4. David 964

David 964 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $109

Hey Stomping Acorns,

I reading through and you mention you use BuJo. I using it for little while now and I like it, mainly because there is something about pencil, paper and your own thoughts.

I also use evernote, asana and other digital apps, yet I have not integrate it together, work in progress. This post is about 2 years old and like to ask you:
    1) do you still use your BuJo
    2) migration use quite a bit of time, do you use also digital app
    3) one and two are yes, would you mind to share few principles how to use them together?

Thanks,
    David

StompingAcorns likes this.
  5. StompingAcorns

StompingAcorns Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,005
    I agree, there's something about pen and paper. The BuJo author is a huge believer in whittling your list down - my biggest takeaway was when he said "the best list is one that has nothing on it". Since that time, I've been moving away from to do lists and relate everything to goals.

I personally think that if you are a high information user and/or you are engaged in complex projects, like running a business, that BuJo can be too limiting. One of it's life enhancing features is that it slows you down enough to make you think...and that's also its drawback in these two situations. So....since then, I've tried more online tools. I really like Favro but don't need a 5 user license, so I'm currently setting up Clickup, which someone else here mentioned. I particularly like the deep hierarchy you can get in Clickup, and I'm finding even more cool features. I still pull out paper when I need to think but then I transfer any takeaways into my online solution.

I do also use OneNote extensively. I have several notebooks for business and personal as well as research. So Clickup is for planning my work - what to do - OneNote is for keeping all of the complex information needed to complete those actions - how to do it, in essence. For example, if a task requires only a few simple notes and those notes can be thrown away when the task is done, I would add them directly to the task in Clickup. Otherwise, those notes go in OneNote.

Tell us how you're using BuJo and how you're integrating it with your apps. I don't see why you'd use Asana with BuJo, so I'm curious to see how you're thinking about it.

David 964 likes this.
  6. David 964

David 964 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $109

Thanks for detail response.

I found pen and paper good for transferring things that matter, not so much for little to do’s like what to buy, etc.
    There is something about taking a thought and writing it down, it makes me feel like I am creating already something tangible and as I do I usually progress more with the thought.

I don’t think it matters what system we use, stickies, journal, phone, computer or ……. As long as we get good clarity about what is MUST for today and progress is done towards important outcomes. The system to do so is only part of an occasion. The discipline to choose what’s most important for today and get it done is another. Often, I get home and after dinner I want to watch tv show. It’s right there where discipline, drive, passion or whatever it is for that particular person make choice to do something productive instead. Organization tools may help to keep important outcome front of your eyes but choice will make it happen.

To answer your question, this works best for me so far:

· I write in Bujo in AM and PM, it takes usually 5 min or less. I write there the most important things for my life

· Since asana has easy entry, I dictate on phone anything I want to dumb out of my head throughout a day. All follow ups, calls, thoughts, ideas, progress on projects, all the quick things.

· In the morning I organize asana from computer. In “my tasks” is everything I recorded. It takes 5-15 min to go over asana tasks and projects. Once done I write on top 2-4 top things to do (from Bujo)

This work well for me for now, there is still more finetuning I need to do and that is beauty of this process. I often get inspired by effective ways to organize and be more efficient like this thread.

StompingAcorns likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.