The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016, Fastlane Summit (Preliminary)

If you are planning to attend (mid/late Feb), will you stay at the hotel?

• Yes (Rooms are 239/night, upmarket location)

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • No (Rooms too expensive)

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • No (I will book elsewhere to get a cheaper rate and then uBer it)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • No (I live in the area)

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
I'm glad you made the trip last year. It was a pleasure spending time with you.
@GlobalWealth

Bobby it was a pleasure hanging with you, as well. I bought one of Altucher' books the minute I got back to L.A. based on the conversation we had on the way to dinner, Sunday night.

We had a blast sitting around at that Mexican restaurant with - if my memory serves me - @The Duc and a couple of other cats talking about business, life, interesting people, etc. The Duc recommended a Sam Carpenter book, Working the System, that I plan to use in my new business. I'll fill you folks in as I make headway. Looking forward to that!

My last night in town - the Sunday evening you guys went to karaoke - I returned to my room to reflect on the previous several days. I realized the beauty of spending time with a group of like-minded individuals for whom freedom is the ultimate pursuit. The lessons learned, sitting around engaging in conversations - listening - were invaluable. Walking to get gelato, I had a wonderful conversation about real estate with @SteveO' partner, Imran. Real cool dude!

You guys know better than I do - because you've been at it longer - it's in those moments at these events that you get to know people. How they tick. What their worldview is. It's also in those moments that I realize how much I don't know. There is freedom in acknowledging that. Because when you accept that notion, the world is your oyster.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
I knew things were going to be great when @LightHouse let me ask him some questions by the elevator bank during the first break on the first day of the meetup. We'd never met but yet he gave me some of that most precious resource - his time.

@AllenCrawley and @Red holding down moderation and coffee bar duties, respectively, like champs! Big ups to you two.

I missed @GlobalWealth' presentation - still pissed about that - because one of my movie star client' reps gave my company the wrong flight information so my chauffeur wasn't at the airport to greet her. I end up rushing out of Bobby's talk, the movie star calling me from the restroom at LAX because she's hiding from paparazzi! Damn!:)

And @MJ DeMarco for starting the forum that birthed it all. Thank you, brother. I don't think you, Rosalind Gardner, Tim Ferriss, Dan Gallapoo, Yaro Starak, Michael Masterson, Matt Furey - and a handful of other quality business people who seek to feed folks substantive information and knowledge - are aware of how much you mean to people searching for directions that don't lead to dead ends.

Again, thank you.:)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
I'm already excited! Would love to present again too :)
@Eskil,

The night I drove you home we had a great conversation! Really enjoy you and your energy of abundance. Can't wait to see you, again!:)

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
@Eskil,
The night I drove you home we had a great conversation! Really enjoy you and your energy of abundance. Can't wait to see you, again!:)

Man, I can only say the same - we had some great talks together for sure, and this next meetup will once again be incredibly valuable for each and every one that can attend. :)

And P.S. yeah feel free to call me any day again so we can catch up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
@Iwokeup I know it's difficult working to launch a new business while working the job you have. Also dealing with manufacturers and vendors is always a pain so I feel ya. However, it's time to put it in overdrive.
I hear you man.

It's quite painful to acknowledge this publicly,but F- it. I was honest and open at the meetup and why change things?

Getting this beauty company together has been painfully difficult.The idea? That was easy. We had that fleshed out by the time our plane landed in Austin. The execution? Great Caesar's Ghost!

I've been thinking a lot over the past few months about the direction of our little enterprise. This last month was an especially painful one, and was filled with lots of useless wheel spinning that I characterized as 'action.' There have been many days when I look back on my 'work' and found that it didn't do squat. I tried doing The One Thing every day in order to move things forward....Shoot - sometimes it was incredibly difficult to know what thing should be "That One Thing."

Anyway, it's hard to say what changed, but with about two weeks of letting things lay fallow and gaining some mental headspace, we've figured out a clearly detailed path forward. Difficult, but straightforward and executable and doable. Lord willing, we'll be able to start selling Feb 1.

I will say this, though: Nothing that I've ever accomplished in life that meant something at the end of the day was ever easy.

Easy is a Myth.

So with that said,The Wife and I will plan to attend the meeting next year with sales in hand and some good old market validation.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
I hear you man.

It's quite painful to acknowledge this publicly,but F- it. I was honest and open at the meetup and why change things?

Getting this beauty company together has been painfully difficult.The idea? That was easy. We had that fleshed out by the time our plane landed in Austin. The execution? Great Caesar's Ghost!

I've been thinking a lot over the past few months about the direction of our little enterprise. This last month was an especially painful one, and was filled with lots of useless wheel spinning that I characterized as 'action.' There have been many days when I look back on my 'work' and found that it didn't do squat. I tried doing The One Thing every day in order to move things forward....Shoot - sometimes it was incredibly difficult to know what thing should be "That One Thing."

Anyway, it's hard to say what changed, but with about two weeks of letting things lay fallow and gaining some mental headspace, we've figured out a clearly detailed path forward. Difficult, but straightforward and executable and doable. Lord willing, we'll be able to start selling Feb 1.

I will say this, though: Nothing that I've ever accomplished in life that meant something at the end of the day was ever easy.

Easy is a Myth.

So with that said,The Wife and I will plan to attend the meeting next year with sales in hand and some good old market validation.

I know you've been working this for a while - you'll get there. Marine/MD types are non-quitters.

That said, if you haven't made a sale by the time the meetup comes, you're buying my drinks for the weekend. The whole weekend.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I hear you man.

Easy is a Myth.

Doc - I'm bummed for you that you missed the holiday season. I can tell you of one other Fastlaner whose product concept was hatched in March and they are launching THIS WEEK. So... you need to raise your expectations. Lets have a private call next week.

When I worked at Wal-Mart, they expected results regardless of conditions. The reason Wal-Mart wins is because they cast unrealistic expectations, and then they achieve them.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Doc - I'm bummed for you that you missed the holiday season. I can tell you of one other Fastlaner whose product concept was hatched in March and they are launching THIS WEEK. So... you need to raise your expectations. Lets have a private call next week.

When I worked at Wal-Mart, they expected results regardless of conditions. The reason Wal-Mart wins is because they cast unrealistic expectations, and then they achieve them.
Huh. Okay. Let's do it then....

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
There will be a formal request soon for speaker ideas/submissions

Milkanic

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 17, 2012
Madison, WI
I finally listened to @AnneC and threw some stuff up on Etsy to test after her presentation at the last summit.
Got a few irons in the fire but it's good to know I have the trip paid for based on one presentation. Looking forward to this year and have a few topic ideas.

DltOWgd.jpg

AnneC

Conscious
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
392%
Jan 3, 2012
USA
@Milkanic So awesome! And I see you chose a smart price point, unlike my stuff. And your fuzzy balls. :bored: Your presentation is always mindblowing. Can't wait to hear what's new.

To all those people complaining about not having enough money to attend, start hustling NOW. There's still plenty of time. No excuses. Looking forward to catching up with everyone!

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
I am definitely aiming to attend it next year! At the moment I couldn't afford the tickets, but let's see what happens until the ticket release..

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I am definitely aiming to attend it next year! At the moment I couldn't afford the tickets, but let's see what happens until the ticket release..
I can't afford to NOT be there. And I've been to every one for the past 6 (or 7, I forget) years.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Tapatalk

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
That's why I need to get to the summit this year...to have a new group of friends that encourage me...and kick my a$$! :blackeye:

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
I can't believe in 5 months it's about to be a full year since the last one.

I was to speak last year about Million Dollar Facebook Ad Strategies, but a last minute snow/ice storm hit in my hometown and I could not get out of my house and had to cancel within 24 hours of the event.

I plan to attend in 2016 as I really wanted to be there for 2015 and give value.

I don't think I will present like I was going to last time... but I do want to attend, absorb, and network.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I can't believe in 5 months it's about to be a full year since the last one.

I was to speak last year about Million Dollar Facebook Ad Strategies, but a last minute snow/ice storm hit in my hometown and I could not get out of my house and had to cancel within 24 hours of the event.

I plan to attend in 2016 as I really wanted to be there for 2015 and give value.

I don't think I will present like I was going to last time... but I do want to attend, absorb, and network.
Can't wait to see you at the Meetup!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
@Vigilante

That was the exact kick in the butt that I needed. Thank you
I don't know why you haven't got in the circle yet, but we all call each other at min once every two weeks. A few guys "from here" I talk to daily.

Don't be a stranger dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads