The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The 2016 Fastlane Summit (Tickets, Dates, Etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
If I am selected, you all can expect my speech to begin the same way as my last one did. [HASHTAG]#BecauseICan[/HASHTAG]
In light of this comment, I am going to revise my speaker presentation stat.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
In light of this comment, I am going to revise my speaker presentation stat.
Updated with a more specific and hopefully more relevant/interesting outline.

RoadRacer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 7, 2013
Newb here. I signed up a while back and have just been reading and learning. I would love to be able to attend the Summit, so I'll keep an eye on this thread. I own a house flipping buisness and a lake house vacation rental, so real estate is what I'm most interested in.

SK2kev

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Nov 1, 2014
Manitoba, Canada
Newb here. I signed up a while back and have just been reading and learning. I would love to be able to attend the Summit, so I'll keep an eye on this thread. I own a house flipping buisness and a lake house vacation rental, so real estate is what I'm most interested in.
Looking forward to meeting you there! We build new homes in a niche market and own several rentals as well (mostly residential and 1 commercial). I'd love to learn about the vacation rental business.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Looking forward to meeting you there! We build new homes in a niche market and own several rentals as well (mostly residential and 1 commercial). I'd love to learn about the vacation rental business.

Wow! I would love to read more from you two and I'm sure many others would as well.

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
My birthday will be that Sunday so I figured I should have some birthday fun after the event is over.

@Choate , is your birthday the 21st? Mine is the 25th!

I had planned to celebrate my birthday in Scottsdale during / after the Summit, but I suffered a major setback this past month and now I don't know if I'll be able to make it :(

If by some miracle I get a ticket and am able to go, we will have to round up everyone with a birthday around that time.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013

Wow! I would love to read more from you two and I'm sure many others would as well.

Looks like this year is shaping up to have a more prominent RE investor presence than last year. I buy-fix-hold multi-family residential units for steady cashflow.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks like this year is shaping up to have a more prominent RE investor presence than last year.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any RE presentations that have come through. This time around I was hoping to get 1 or 2 of them.

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
Unfortunately I'm not seeing any RE presentations that have come through. This time around I was hoping to get 1 or 2 of them.

I've thought about it... The majority of Fastlaners will be from the US though and Canadian RE is a bit different, so Q&A might be a bit difficult for me to answer. My investing background isn't very long as well-- just shy of 3 years.. I have created a decent amount of income through just cashflow though (About the average a full-time working Canadian makes per year)

If I were to present it would be something simple for beginners:

- Living rent-free: multiple ways to buy and pay $0/mo... or even profit...
- Maximize your cashflow: How I created 8 streams of income from one single-family home
- A Realtor's advice to finding a good Realtor and "Building your Team"

Thoughts?

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I've thought about it...

I will just put it out there that I would be interested to hear your talk - I am an American with no real estate experience and would find your speech interesting, love hearing from people with completely different backgrounds than mine the new perspective can open your mind to so many things

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Looks like this year is shaping up to have a more prominent RE investor presence than last year. I buy-fix-hold multi-family residential units for steady cashflow.
Same for me. I have a few units that are more of a long-term strategy than trying to fastlane REI. With the Toronto market being as hot as it is, they're building equity fast though and I may want to cash some of it out to grow the portfolio.

Edit: Hoping @SteveO will be there so some of his knowledge and expertise can be trasferred through the ether and fester on my brain! ;)

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
I would be down for some excellent REI talks. Pretty underserved area here..

SK2kev

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Nov 1, 2014
Manitoba, Canada
I've thought about it... The majority of Fastlaners will be from the US though and Canadian RE is a bit different, so Q&A might be a bit difficult for me to answer. My investing background isn't very long as well-- just shy of 3 years.. I have created a decent amount of income through just cashflow though (About the average a full-time working Canadian makes per year)

If I were to present it would be something simple for beginners:

- Living rent-free: multiple ways to buy and pay $0/mo... or even profit...
- Maximize your cashflow: How I created 8 streams of income from one single-family home
- A Realtor's advice to finding a good Realtor and "Building your Team"

Thoughts?
Do it buddy. I'd be jacked to hear what you have to say, especially considering that we're both Canadian! [HASHTAG]#selfish[/HASHTAG]

I don't think that I'm qualified to speak, our business isn't quite fastlane (time and scale fight us at this point), and we've only been in the RE game for 6 months.

That said, in 6 months we've acquired a cash flow positive duplex, a very cash flow positive commercial building that we lease to the provincial government, and another residential home that we bought with $0 down (fixer upper rental).

Man I can't wait for this to happen! One of the things we constantly bitch about is that we can't find any fastlaners to learn from. We feel like we're on an island!

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
We build new homes in a niche market and own several rentals as well
I own a house flipping buisness and a lake house vacation rental
I would be down for some excellent REI talks.

Me four. I'm working on getting into residential development down here in the valley & am down for some quality convos! Keep me posted on these...

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Dear all who are turning 21 right before/during this event... we shall usher you into adulthood... in a very rough (but hilarious) transition from innocence to fastlaner...

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix

vitality11

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Sep 12, 2015
OK
I'll do what I can to attend this.
You guys are a great influence.
-V

Sauce

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jan 16, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Last years event was a game changer for me and my business. I submitted a proposal tonight and I hope I can add some value to the summit.

This year we are on track to complete 7 flips and increase our rental portfolio to 7 doors.

My focus over the past year has been on making my professional real estate business sustainable and Fastlane (even though it does not meet the commandment of scale, but I am working on that one). Looking forward to see your smiling faces this year.

RoadRacer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jun 7, 2013

I'd like to learn more about spec building and would love to hear what your typical project looks like on paper.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Not sure of my schedule this year. The event is during the busy time of the year for us.

Last edited:

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Not sure of my schedule this year. The event is during the busy time of the year for us.
Boo...

You should give a talk this year. Have @Red stand beside you with a chainsaw......:tiphat:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

How far is the event venue from the golf course? @Kak and I might have to swing out and hit a bucket of balls.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
How far is the event venue from the golf course? @Kak and I might have to swing out and hit a bucket of balls.
It is all the way in the southwest corner of the state. About a 2.5 hour drive from Scottsdale. Long ways for a bucket of balls. :)

Iwokeup

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
:woot:

Should I...bring golf clubs?

SK2kev

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Nov 1, 2014
Manitoba, Canada
I'd like to learn more about spec building and would love to hear what your typical project looks like on paper.

I'm happy to share whatever I can with you. We operate in a VERY niche market that is almost exclusive to our region. Most of the US is familiar with modular homes (homes built in a factory, usually in halves, or sections which are transported to site with final assembly occurring on the customer's site). We build homes (bungalows that can range from 800-2500 sq. ft.) that are complete on our build site, on beams, then we transport them to our customer's site in one piece, no on site assembly required. They are referred to as RTM (Ready To Move) homes.

Do date, we've only built one spec home, and it is currently not sold. We operate in the Bakken oil patch region, and when the barrel price comes back up we will definitely put up a spec home (complete turnkey on the lot).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!