The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

19 year old checking in

G

Guest24480

Hello everyone, I discovered the book and the forum through Victor over at boldanddetermined for those who know of him (great blogger). I'm ready to take life by the horns and do whatever I can to start working for myself before I enter the real world in a few years.

My business ventures so far (it's not much, but I've dabbled):

-I attempted to start a hip-hop ghostwriting service because I saw a demand with all of these up and coming "rappers" these days but didn't really have the time to market it or pursue it while at school. May come back to it in the future if I feel like it.

-I started a blog at one point but realized that my blog didn't really add value to any potential readers so I scrapped that after about a month.

-I also started a niche site awhile back. Did all the keyword research, set up a site, did some SEO, wrote some articles, and began to look into improving the site but I just wasn't enjoying it and I couldn't see myself devoting any more time to it.

-Finally, I've begun to dabble in "flipping" recently (buying low from craigslist or thrifts and reselling on eBay) and have had some decent success. It just doesn't seem like a real business to me because, well, it really isn't. I'm thinking about ordering wholesale to resell, getting some branding going and starting from there for my next venture. I've been reading up about it a lot lately so hopefully that will work out well.

I'd like to hear from you guys; what do you think of the ghostwriting service I mentioned earlier? I've been thinking of trying to re-enter that market, although I don't know how many artists would want someone else writing their stuff because that would take away from the artistic aspect of the music.

At the moment I'm doing some research on alibaba and dhgate and comparing them to eBay sold listings in order to find some decent margins. I'll probably be making a progress thread soon to share how I'm doing. Until then, wish me luck.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
Welcome!

I'd like to hear from you guys; what do you think of the ghostwriting service I mentioned earlier? I've been thinking of trying to re-enter that market, although I don't know how many artists would want someone else writing their stuff because that would take away from the artistic aspect of the music.

http://www.factmag.com/2014/01/20/ghostwritten-hip-hop-tracks-ghostwriters-behind-them/

Do you know any of those songs? They were all written by ghostwriters. And so are thousands of other songs. Enough potential to make you rich, I guarantee that ;)

But so have the other things you mentioned. What you need to do, though, is FOCUS and then stay with it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...