The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
In Poland real estate agents are completely useless and have a bad reputation (and they deserve it).

If I were to buy real estate, I'd buy only direct. A few real estate deals in which I was involved were all without real estate agents. I see no need for them. You get a notary (required by law) and that's it. Paying 3%, let alone 6%, for nothing is ridiculous.
I agree, besides being dressed in a fancy suit and behaving like a super insistent used-car salesman the agent was entirely useless. I only bought from him because he was the one who had listed the property, so there was no (simple) way to get to the owners except through him.

But that didn’t stop me from cutting his pay right at the very end to a tiny percentage… which still was around $1.2K USD thinking about it LOL! So yeah, getting paid $1.2K + I think the owners paid him around $2.4K, that’s a nice payday — $3.6K for showing up LOL. I honestly wish I got paid that for just showing up :rofl:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
That ship has sailed - ruby has already faded away:
View attachment 54827
I remember hitting up some Ruby on Rails tutorials, hoping to turn into a programmer overnight in my first days of the Fastlane Forum.

That was real silly of me...my strengths were more with writing, which could be turned towards copywriting.

Now its a lot faster and easier for me to go find an email client who'd agree to a $2000 package, or find some product to write emails on. And presently I realise the way you write emails (at least, the Ben Settle philosophy) can be translated into other short-form content like Telegram copy or even TikTok posts...

If you're not in a position to buy hard assets, then the best thing you can do is build a highly-demanded skill -- your skill value in the marketplace should inflate with prices.
Saw this sad tale turn up in my local news:

This skill shouldn't take TOO long or a mountain of debt to get good at.

For my email work...all you can do is to just do what Chris Orz says here and know enough to start, at least for direct response emails. Even half of this would argueably be enough.

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 9, 2020
Dropshipping is great and I prove it right here:
I have a side gig, doing graphic design, gadgets, stickers, posters, tshirts..
So every time I come up with a new design, I'd drop it into any dropshiping store like spreadshirt for example. See what sticks, adjust and then use that knowledge to sell my stuff myself (I have the means to produce it, also my sales channels).
Here for example I know the color choices, garment type, also markets: primarly Germany but also France.
Costs me nothing, I even earn some peanuts while doing my research.
Dropshipping rules, just you've been doing it wrong :)
Screenshot_20240323_102121_Brave.jpg

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Took my kid roller skating today for the first time. The place was renting these roller skate aids out for $3. A ton of kids had them. They're like $70 on Amazon.

20240323_135545.jpg VideoCapture_20240323-181146.jpg

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Took my kid roller skating today for the first time. The place was renting these roller skate aids out for $3. A ton of kids had them. They're like $70 on Amazon.

View attachment 54936 View attachment 54937
That little girl on the left looks like a 80 y.o. with a walker. It also looks like this "aid" is teaching body balance completely wrong. Of course you will fall over if you lean forward like that.

When I was a kid and learned how to roller skate, I just fell down until I learned. Bruises and scratches build character. In my neighborhood you got (rightfully) bullied if you showed up with protection pads.

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
That little girl on the left looks like a 80 y.o. with a walker. It also looks like this "aid" is teaching body balance completely wrong. Of course you will fall over if you lean forward like that.

When I was a kid and learned how to roller skate, I just fell down until I learned. Bruises and scratches build character. In my neighborhood you got (rightfully) bullied if you showed up with protection pads.

The point is, it's a $5 idea selling for $70 on Amazon being rented for $3 per head. Someone saw a need, filled it, and made a lot of money in the process.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
The point is, it's a $5 idea selling for $70 on Amazon being rented for $3 per head. Someone saw a need, filled it, and made a lot of money in the process.
Thank you for explaining that to me.

Yes, you can make a lot of money selling bullshit.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Lex,
With all due respect, if falling over when learning to roller skate is going out of fashion, then falling over while learning to walk is likely going out of fashion as well.

In that case, you could make a smaller version of these things and sell them to toddlers. Not saying that they are actually necessary, just pointing out that more kids learn to walk than roller skate and so it is likely a bigger market, that's all.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
Mentour has a popular (2M) YT channel. A week ago he posted a video about the MH370 disappearance, its better than all the documentaries on it, and introduces a new theory. He discusses the use of a new "whisper" approach that uses anomalies in weak radio signals. Data that was already being recorded for other reasons and re-purposed to track a plane.

I still can't wrap my head around why someone would kill hundreds of innocent people, and - not give a single hint as to why. Mentour doesn't get in to the motive at all, just what someone most likely did.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5K9HBiJpuk

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Thank you for explaining that to me.

Yes, you can make a lot of money selling bullshit.
Whatever dude. F*cking experts everywhere these days. I'm sure your way is the best way. Feel free to share pics of your skating trophies...

For the record, kids have been using aids to learn to walk, ride, and skate for decades. I'm sure you learned everything you know about balance without aids tho.

Training WHeels.jpgLearning_to_walk.pngTraining Skates.jpg

Last edited:

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
Whatever dude. F*cking experts everywhere these days. I'm sure your way is the best way. Feel free to share pics of your skating trophies...

For the record, kids have been using aids to learn to walk, ride, and skate for decades. I'm sure you learned everything you know about balance without aids tho.

View attachment 54943View attachment 54944View attachment 54945

I understand the point you were making about taking a simple idea and making money from it.

But I agree with the perspective that balance is not learned this way.

Balance is learned from crawling.

Children who skip crawling or are taught using walkers and walking aids will almost all develop scoliosis.

I literally had to interfere with my inlaws and parents who kept trying to walk my toddler while holding her arms out and buying her walkers.

She learned to pull herself up from the ground against different objects and crawl against walls and beds and anything she could find until she could walk and now has an effortless posture.

The same can be said about learning skating.

Learn to feel safe.
And then learn more tricks from there.

But by using these unnatural contraptions you intervene with the natural way a skeleton should organize itself for balance.

You reinforce a thing which can be worse for the learning.

Last edited:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Isn't there a designated forum where we're supposed to start progress reports? I want to start one but I don't know if I should put it in execution or general business. I'm on my laptop so everything looks different. Help please.

ETA: What the hell?!? Lex is at 600%% Somebody better step it up... ffs I'm only at 320... gahhhh

ETA: 597 is still insane.. I'm gonna go look up other people's scores now..

ETA: I THINK I FOUND IT! Is it in process and execution?! There seem to be a lot of progress threads in there.

YASSS here we go.. See? It says, "Chronicle your entrepreneurial journey here."

You are welcome for this play-by-play example of how to solve your own simple problems. *high five!

Last edited:

Lex DeVille

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I understand the point you were making about taking a simple idea and making money from it.
Yes, this was not about selling these to people teaching kids to skate. It was about selling a simple PVC idea to roller skating businesses who easily profit by renting them out to parents who are trying to figure out how to teach their kid to skate.

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Nov 8, 2022
Those who use Elementor to make websites:
Do you use Hello Elementor or Astra theme?

I'm curious about what Astra offers that Hello Elementor doesn't.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
I remember when they said the Gramm-Rudman Act was going to force the government to balance their annual budget. That was in 1985. From ZH.

GJX1xzfWsAEtMg7

RicardoGrande

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
May 9, 2021
Those who use Elementor to make websites:
Do you use Hello Elementor or Astra theme?

I'm curious about what Astra offers that Hello Elementor doesn't.
IME hello elementor is a blank slate mostly used if you'll be building your own pages with your own elements/designs. It's all I've used when I did use elementor.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Lol.

1711315055317.png

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Lol.

View attachment 54954
The "work experience" is nice engagement bait, but what caught my eye first was the "empowering creative entrepreneurs to turn their passion..." BS line in the profile preview snippet :arghh:

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I remember when they said the Gramm-Rudman Act was going to force the government to balance their annual budget. That was in 1985. From ZH.

The collective individuals that are entrenched in the system don’t see an issue here. The more the merrier I guess. LOL

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The "work experience" is nice engagement bait, but what caught my eye first was the "empowering creative entrepreneurs to turn their passion..." BS line in the profile preview snippet :arghh:
Oh, I didn't spot that bit. Does make me want to vomit in my mouth a little.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Last edited:

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Random question: if you eat healthy and avoid processed sugar, do you allow yourself processed sugar on any special occasions (say, processed birthday cakes and stuff) or avoid it altogether all year round?

What rules do you have for when it's okay to "cheat" and when it's an excuse?

In simpler words, are you a bitch if you avoid sugar but you let yourself it eat when you have a good convenient excuse?

@MJ DeMarco, how do you approach this?

As long as I avoid processed sugar I'm completely fine without it. But if I eat it for a special occasion, I often fall back into a vicious cycle of wanting more of it and then weeks may pass before I free myself of it again.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Random question: if you eat healthy and avoid processed sugar, do you allow yourself processed sugar on any special occasions (say, processed birthday cakes and stuff) or avoid it altogether all year round?

In simpler words, are you a bitch if you avoid sugar but you let yourself it eat when you have a good convenient excuse?

As long as I avoid processed sugar I'm completely fine without it. But if I eat it for a special occasion, I often fall back into a vicious cycle of wanting more of it and then weeks may pass before I free myself of it again.

I’ll eat like one chocolate bar a week. Usually like 70%-80% with some nuts.

Rule with the sweet stuff in the house is we never order any in advance or store any. If we want something we have to walk and go get it. And then whatever is brought in we either eat it that day or it all goes in the bin.

I’ll throw stuff we didn’t eat in the bin straight away ha. Like literally right after we finish. It’s a huge waste of energy keeping it around and trying to resist it. Plus if we keep it - then eventually we eat it.

Pretty good rule. I eat like 1% of the nonsense I did 10 years ago.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I’ll eat like one chocolate bar a week. Usually like 70%-80% with some nuts.

If I'm in my no-sugar phase, I don't eat any processed sugar. I sometimes eat 100% dark chocolate (which has no sugar).

So nothing else as for processed sugar other than that?

Rule with the sweet stuff in the house is we never order any in advance or store any. If we want something we have to walk and go get it. And then whatever is brought in we either eat it that day or it all goes in the bin.

Yeah I try to eat it on the same day as well and I 100% agree that storing any stuff at home is a terrible idea.

I’ll throw stuff we didn’t eat in the bin straight away ha. Like literally right after we finish. It’s a huge waste of energy keeping it around and trying to resist it. Plus if we keep it - then eventually we eat it.

Damn I can't throw away food. Just can't. It makes me so guilty.

Robdavis

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom

I ate too much sugar for a few years and made myself pre-diabetic. Which I accept is a stupid thing to do. (I was having mental health problems at the time and these included binge eating).

In the process of trying to sort myself out, I learned a couple of things that might help. It seems to me that sugar is one of those things where it is easy to consume huge quantities and it is fairly easy to go sugar free. But only eating a small amount every day is much harder. I note that Fox manages to do this, based on what he wrote above, but I still think that moderation is harder than binging or none at all.

The other thing I noted is that when I cut out sugar, my sense of taste shifted. So bitter foods became much less bitter and sweet foods eg. chocolate became much sweeter. So now if I ate some milk chocolate, I would probably spit it out rather than swallow it. (Also note; "a sweet tooth" is actually a real thing, rather than just a phrase)

I have to be honest, I don't miss the stuff and I don't think that my body does either.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
But only eating a small amount every day is much harder. I note that Fox manages to do this, based on what he wrote above, but I still think that moderation is harder than binging or none at all.

100%

I think that some people are "moderators" and some are "abstainers." Abstainers can't really do things in moderation. I'm an abstainer for sure.

The other thing I noted is that when I cut out sugar, my sense of taste shifted. So bitter foods became much less bitter and sweet foods eg. chocolate became much sweeter. So now if I ate some milk chocolate, I would probably spit it out rather than swallow it.

Yes, I've noticed this as well. And also the reverse: when I offer people who eat regular milk chocolate my 100% dark chocolate, they struggle to eat it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.