The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
"Nobody wants to believe happiness is a choice, because that puts responsibility in their hands. It’s the same reason people self-pity: to delay action, to make an outcry to the universe, as though the more they state how bad things are, the more likely it is that someone else will change them." — Brianna Wiest

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
"Nobody wants to believe happiness is a choice, because that puts responsibility in their hands. It’s the same reason people self-pity: to delay action, to make an outcry to the universe, as though the more they state how bad things are, the more likely it is that someone else will change them." — Brianna Wiest

Reading Carl Jung he was talking about projection and that the worst a therapist can do its to project himself on to his patient. Then I went for a walk with this concept of projection in my mind...
So I thought that whenever I get depress or discourage about my situation, it's not the actual situation that makes me feel like this but rather my idea that I project. The same applies when I'm happy and hopeful, it never it's the actual situation but rather my projection of what I think the situation is. So every time I have the choice to change my idea and change how I feel. This simple concept can be quite empowering. Stoics teach to always focus on what you can control and they also teach to try having better thoughts, specially in bad situations, both this advices go hand in hand since you almost always can control what you think and how you interpret things. Whenever we feel hopeless or depressed we have forgotten about this power that we have, to think what suits us best for our goals and to try have better thoughts always.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Nobody wants to believe happiness is a choice, because that puts responsibility in their hands.
Wow. This is just amazing.

I never quite understood why we live in a world full of victims and complainers, but this quote makes everything very clear.

Becoming aware of the fact that your life is your own making may not be a very comfortable experience:
  • Looking in the F*cking mirror is HARD.
  • Taking responsibility for your problems is HARD.
  • Doing the work, execution, discipline, and humility are HARD.

But blaming someone or something else - real, or imaginary - then moaning like a bitch is EASY.

And you also get brownie points and pats on your back from the rest of your crying friends! :party:

The only problem? You won't live forever.

And things are NOT going to get better - unless YOU make them better.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Reached 1 thousand views on my blog in March, the first month of posting. Not much but a big milestone for me. Let's double that in April!

That's very solid for your first month! Where is the traffic coming from?

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
The click-bait bullshit on YouTube is out of hand; is it now normal where you completely lie in the thumbnail description to attract clicks, and then in the video itself proceed to contradict everything you just said in the thumbnail.

Example:

Why starting a business is the worst idea ever.

And then you watch the video, you give the exact opposite advice.

Why Toyota is the worst car brand ever.

And then you proceed to say the opposite, or nothing that supports the title.

Pretty much everything is like this and it makes it impossible to actually find real information based on the click-bait headlines.

And the people's facial expressions in the thumbnails of such vids usually look like these or a variation of these:

kvUDNTSVnWiNaCTTeTqXuV.jpg

constant

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Nov 8, 2022
And the people's facial expressions in the thumbnails of such vids usually look like these or a variation of these:

kvUDNTSVnWiNaCTTeTqXuV.jpg
Data has proven that this type of facial expression is effective in boosting views.

However for me it's a red flag that the video is going to be trash.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Most people are stupid, so most YouTube views are from stupid people, which is why braindead thumbnails work so well. On the other side, most content creators are whores who will do anything for a view, so they use them.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
Most people are stupid, so most YouTube views are from stupid people, which is why braindead thumbnails work so well. On the other side, most content creators are whores who will do anything for a view, so they use them.
In other words: don't hate the players, hate the game.

As long as there is market demand for obscenity, stupidity, quick dopamine, sugar, processed foods, etc., the supply will soon follow.

If this is what people want, this is what people will get.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

I don’t want to hear anyone say ecommerce is dead, temu is killing ecommerce, dropshipping is dead, Facebook ads are dead, is it still possible to go Fastlane, is it harder than ever, why am I a brokie, I’m going to entirely reinvent the wheel with some F*cking stupid funnel or monetisation method

Here it is

1 product, 1 video, honestly, the minimum they make from that one video will be 6 figures, I could see them hitting 7-8 off it though.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

I don’t want to hear anyone say ecommerce is dead, temu is killing ecommerce, dropshipping is dead, Facebook ads are dead, is it still possible to go Fastlane, is it harder than ever, why am I a brokie, I’m going to entirely reinvent the wheel with some F*cking stupid funnel or monetisation method

Here it is

1 product, 1 video, honestly, the minimum they make from that one video will be 6 figures, I could see them hitting 7-8 off it though.
That's an awesome ad. Looks like it was shot on a phone and like you said, could totally kill it.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Here it is

Isn't that just a cheap foldable chair you can find on Amazon or Temu? Why would people still buy from the ad and lap it up? They can just close the browser, open up their Amazon/Temu/AliExpress app and get 586 options at 1/4 the price, and with points/rewards/coupons from those platforms too!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

I never quite understood why we live in a world full of victims and complainers, but this quote makes everything very clear.

Becoming aware of the fact that your life is your own making may not be a very comfortable experience:

But blaming someone or something else - real, or imaginary - then moaning like a bitch is EASY.

And you also get brownie points and pats on your back from the rest of your crying friends! :party:

You've been dropping some value bombs as of late! :thumbsup::fistbump:

Eurojanek

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 9, 2020

And for the reading enthusiasts, the book on that topic would be psychologist's Erich Fromm's 1941 "Escape From Freedom". I read it 20 years ago and it stuck in my mind for good.

TempusFugit

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Mar 6, 2024
I've only just recently started my journey as an entrepreneur and I've realized two things:
(This is from a newbie, so take it as you will.)

1) Don't take step 5 before step 1.
AKA "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...." but don't try to make your first step span 1 mile. I just learned this because I started to execute a plan I didn't even have. Instead of executing a fantasy, I wrote out my 1/5/10 Planasy and calculated my escape number to give myself a road map.

2) It will get tough quickly.
AKA while "get rich quick" exists, "get rich easy" does not unless you play pro sports or are a famous actor (even then, I doubt those people have zero problems to deal with).

Yesterday was Easter, a wonderful and triumphant time of celebration for Christians everywhere. And, like Easter, fastlane events are a cause for celebration.

However, it seems people (including myself!) want Easter Sunday without Good Friday. (In case you aren't familiar, Good Friday was the day Christ suffered and died an excruciating passion and death. He then rose from the grave in a victorious manner on Easter Sunday)

Like M.J. said in TMF : "Wealth is a process, not an event."

So, now I've learned to ask myself:
"You want an event?
Do the process."

Last edited:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
You've been dropping some value bombs as of late! :thumbsup::fistbump:
Thanks MJ! :love:

I've been fasting for 3 days/week and my brain just... lit up like a Christmas tree.

It's very hard to describe.

I've never been happier, I see things very clearly, and I feel like I'm 10 years younger in terms of cognitive health, but 10 years older in terms of insight.

I'm still an idiot, but I've made more progress in the last 3 months than in the last 3 years.

I'd bet it's those health improvements that are making him sharp. :cool:
;)
I might write a thread describing my experience and how it helped me in business later this year.

Panos Daras

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Oct 10, 2022
In recent days, I've had real trouble finding movies that aren't trying to shove woke propaganda down my throat. This is why I've started watching older movies.

One of them is "Idiocracy" from 2006. It is a satirical comedy that, with vitriolic humor, portrays a dystopian future marked by human intellectual decline.

Fun fact! Some studies do suggest that IQ is declining due to genetic factors!
These factors can be due to differential reproduction rates among different societal groups.
As a bonus is the decline in education and attention spans.

But who knows?

Either way. The movie shows a world where companies are all-powerful, and everyone is obsessed with mindless content. For example, the Oscar-winning movie in the story was a farting a$$.

The film's society is characterized by short attention spans, over advertisement, and a lack of interest in complex ideas.

Just like today, where big companies have a lot of influence, most people spend a lot of time watching quick, trash videos on apps like TikTok and YouTube.

We live in a society of content over context.

The saddest part?

Many people idolize these content creators because:

1) tHeY mAdE MoNEy Br0!

2) tHeY ArE SucCesFul.

Either way, there is more stuff to discuss about this movie, and I do not want to spoil it.

Just watch it if you haven't already it is quite fun.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
In recent days, I've had real trouble finding movies that aren't trying to shove woke propaganda down my throat. This is why I've started watching older movies.

One of them is "Idiocracy" from 2006. It is a satirical comedy that, with vitriolic humor, portrays a dystopian future marked by human intellectual decline.

Fun fact! Some studies do suggest that IQ is declining due to genetic factors!
These factors can be due to differential reproduction rates among different societal groups.
As a bonus is the decline in education and attention spans.

But who knows?

Either way. The movie shows a world where companies are all-powerful, and everyone is obsessed with mindless content. For example, the Oscar-winning movie in the story was a farting a$$.

The film's society is characterized by short attention spans, over advertisement, and a lack of interest in complex ideas.

Just like today, where big companies have a lot of influence, most people spend a lot of time watching quick, trash videos on apps like TikTok and YouTube.

We live in a society of content over context.

The saddest part?

Many people idolize these content creators because:

1) tHeY mAdE MoNEy Br0!

2) tHeY ArE SucCesFul.

Either way, there is more stuff to discuss about this movie, and I do not want to spoil it.

Just watch it if you haven't already it is quite fun.
The Romans called it “panem et circenses” — bread and circus.

In other words, give the retards jobs so they can earn their daily bread, and then give them circus so they can be pacified while you rule over them.

These two are the keys to effective rule.

Take the jobs away, then they start starving and soon they’ll chase after you, their ruler, with pitchforks.

Take the circus away, and they’ll start asking questions about why YOU rule in their place, and why YOU are rich and not them. Then they’ll organise and take over with pitchforks once again.

Therefore balance exists only in panem et circenses.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm still an idiot, but I've made more progress in the last 3 months than in the last 3 years.

If you can admit to yourself that there is “some” sort of idiocy within you then you are definitely smart. It means there is a power to identify within you.

Kind of like if I held a flower or plant in front of you and you were able to identify it telling me what it is.

Yula

Go Small, Then Big or Go Home
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Mar 26, 2021
Netherlands
Just launched on Product Hunt : D

On a very competitive Tuesday, so I'm asking for some Fastlane love! Could you go over to this link VenturePals - Your entrepreneurial buddy to achieve goals with | Product Hunt and show some love for VenturePals?

I'm currently in the #2 spot, but #1 is close!

Will be writing a thread after the voting is closed tomorrow on some Product Hunt strategies : )

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Love these integrations of AI and spreadsheets:

EL_00

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 10, 2023

You see it's really hit me hard

Since Corona, I blame anything except myself

- I need to wait for my graduation certificate before applying for job (the fact is I don't apply that many jobs)

- I am woman, my degree didn't help me. The company wants men (well it make sense if I don't even have good portion on engineering)

- my mom and siblings live off me, I need to work like this to keep paying the bill (it does true, but it's not like I cannot improve my skills to getter a better chance on the side)

I remember MJ said like to get a different results, you need to change. And it is easier than change someone else

So I did:
- cut back my yt watching, manga reading, anything that keep me distracted
- silent, talk less. Even to family when we fight I don't talk to anyone. Keep it, hold it. They will see your hard work

So far I only did that 2, I plan to eat less and sleep less to keep learning devops. I plan to apply for entry level and make use of my skills to have a better trade off.

My goal is to keep feed my family and have a chance to live far from them to experiment

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I think we need a new term like action-faking when at the minimal amount of progress in entrepreneurship people begin spouting off tips/wisdom like they've achieved something already.
I prefer the block function :rofl:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.