The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

YouTube Channel: 0-100K - Documenting My Journey

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023
Hi! I've just finished reading the Fastlane, and came to the conclusion that a YouTube channel is the best business to start, because it fulfills all the commandments.

This thread is going to be me doing a weekly log of my journey of growing this YouTube channel into a personal brand and a business.

This post is just going to be a little introduction. :)

I'm 15 years old, and I know that I want to pursue the Fastlane, I love learning and filling my head with new information which can be implemented into my life - this takes the form of books, podcasts and informational videos.

I'm currently going to be posting daily videos on the topic of mental health and wellbeing, and improving the quality of your life, i.e self improvement. This is going to be targeted at teenagers as they are the group of people that can relate the most to me. I know that there is a huge demand for this sort of content, I have seen astronomical growth from creators that talk about these topics, in an unedited, authentic manner, and I really believe that this is what the viewers want.

I have so much to talk about, including:
  • My plan to monetize the channel and how I'm going to bring in various forms of revenue.
  • My long term content plan for this channel - and my plan to build a strong brand.
  • My goals for this channel - and why 100K in particular
  • & what sets me out from the rest.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Hassan14

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Apr 26, 2023
Hi! I've just finished reading the Fastlane, and came to the conclusion that a YouTube channel is the best business to start, because it fulfills all the commandments.

This thread is going to be me doing a weekly log of my journey of growing this YouTube channel into a personal brand and a business.

I'm 15 years old, and I know that I want to pursue the Fastlane, I love learning and filling my head with new information which can be implemented into my life - this takes the form of books, podcasts and informational videos.

I'm currently going to be posting daily videos on the topic of mental health and wellbeing, and improving the quality of your life, i.e self improvement. This is going to be targeted at teenagers as they are the group of people that can relate the most to me. I know that there is a huge demand for this sort of content, I have seen astronomical growth from creators that talk about these topics, in an unedited, authentic manner, and I really believe that this is what the viewers want. If I'm not horribly mistaken, I see a gap in the market - there seems to be no teenager talking about these things, whilst having something mentally relaxing in the background. (you can see what I mean when you look at my channel)

• My plan to monetize the channel and how I'm going to bring in various forms of revenue.
  • My long term content plan for this channel - and my plan to build a strong brand.

See you soon! Btw this is the channel (please don't click on all the videos if your not interested in this type of content, it'll ruin my retention rate and my ctr haha)
Firstly, welcome to Fastlane Forum.

While a YouTube channel can be a great way to build a brand and generate income, it may not necessarily satisfy all of the CENTS commandments.
Firstly, regarding the Control commandment, creating a YouTube channel means that you are building your business on a platform that you do not control. YouTube can change its algorithms, policies, or even shut down your channel, which can impact your revenue and success. Therefore, you may want to consider creating a website or other online presence that you can fully control and use to drive traffic to your YouTube channel.
Secondly, regarding the Entry commandment, it is important to recognize that YouTube is a highly competitive market with a lot of established channels and creators. It can be difficult to gain visibility and compete effectively in this market, especially if you are entering a crowded niche. You may need to find a unique angle or niche within your industry to differentiate yourself and gain traction.
In summary, while a YouTube channel can be a valuable tool for building a business and generating income, it is important to recognize the potential limitations and challenges that may arise.

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023

I'm currently going to be posting daily videos on the topic of mental health and wellbeing, and improving the quality of your life, i.e self improvement. This is going to be targeted at teenagers as they are the group of people that can relate the most to me. I know that there is a huge demand for this sort of content, I have seen astronomical growth from creators that talk about these topics, in an unedited, authentic manner, and I really believe that this is what the viewers want. If I'm not horribly mistaken, I see a gap in the market - there seems to be no teenager talking about these things, whilst having something mentally relaxing in the background. (you can see what I mean when you look at my channel)

See you soon! Btw this is the channel (please don't click on all the videos if your not interested in this type of content, it'll ruin my retention rate and my ctr haha)

Okay, so something has happened. I've just read JAMES JANI's thread and oh my was it inspiring. I learnt so much and I feel like so many new beliefs and mindsets are forming.

I did a lot of journaling and reflecting and decided that the best direction with the channel is to turn it into an authentic / documentary type channel, where I talk about interesting ideas related to wellbeing and mental health. I got a really amazing first video planned and I can't wait to work on it. But things are going to be a bit slow because I have my exams, (gcse's), so the focus is on that - but whenever I'm free I'm going to try and work on the channel (it's constantly in my mind haha)

So far -
Thumbnail/Title- ✅
Research - ❌
1st Draft - ❌
2nd Draft - ❌
Final Script - ❌
Record + Talking head - ❌
Edit - ❌

[ so basically my videos on the channel are kinda redundant for now, because i've decided that high-quality docs. are the way to go ]

Last edited:

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
Great initiative! 15 years old and already on the fastlane, you're nailing it!

It is intelligent to focus your content for teenagers, to grow your audience. They will grow with you.

Looking forward to it.

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023
Great initiative! 15 years old and already on the fastlane, you're nailing it!

It is intelligent to focus your content for teenagers, to grow your audience. They will grow with you.

Looking forward to it.
Appreciate it! Most important thing is that I stick with it, even when the times get tough - if i continue to constantly persevere I know I'll make it : )

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
Appreciate it! Most important thing is that I stick with it, even when the times get tough - if i continue to constantly persevere I know I'll make it : )
Yeah definitely, even if you go through doubts and feeling to give up, keep doing, be consistent and time will you work for you! It's amazing that you are already aware about this!

What I do to stay consistent is to run a todo list and checkmark what I have to do the previous day for the next day. I also run a weekly calendar on which I write down my action goals. I review my actions everyday and every week.

I'm sure you will succeed in your quest. Let us know every week on this thead :)

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023
While a YouTube channel can be a great way to build a brand and generate income, it may not necessarily satisfy all of the CENTS commandments.
Firstly, regarding the Control commandment, creating a YouTube channel means that you are building your business on a platform that you do not control. YouTube can change its algorithms, policies, or even shut down your channel, which can impact your revenue and success. Therefore, you may want to consider creating a website or other online presence that you can fully control and use to drive traffic to your YouTube channel.
Secondly, regarding the Entry commandment, it is important to recognize that YouTube is a highly competitive market with a lot of established channels and creators. It can be difficult to gain visibility and compete effectively in this market, especially if you are entering a crowded niche. You may need to find a unique angle or niche within your industry to differentiate yourself and gain traction.
In summary, while a YouTube channel can be a valuable tool for building a business and generating income, it is important to recognize the potential limitations and challenges that may arise.

Yeah, I agree.

With the control commandment, there's nothing I can really do. However, with the entry point I truly believe that YouTube is cluttered with bad content, the videos that I'm planning to make are going to be very high quality, and are going to be in a niche with extremely high demand. The one reason I think that YouTube is extremely powerful is because the amount of scale you can achieve with it: with sponsors, ad revenue, affiliates, products - and this overall idea of building a brand.

Also, I believe it's quite easy to outsource, as once I make sufficient ad revenue, I can hire an editor and really reduce the workload of the whole thing.

Finally, I really enjoy researching topics and learning new things - I had a previous channel a while ago, that I stopped because I was no longer interested in the game I was playing on it so I learnt a lot about the platform, and at this point I just want to be doing and trying something, and the first business idea that came to mind is YouTube so I'm just going for it.

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023
Okay, so something has happened. I've just read JAMES JANI's thread and oh my was it inspiring. I learnt so much and I feel like so many new beliefs and mindsets are forming.

I did a lot of journaling and reflecting and decided that the best direction with the channel is to turn it into an authentic / documentary type channel, where I talk about interesting ideas related to wellbeing and mental health. I got a really amazing first video planned and I can't wait to work on it. But things are going to be a bit slow because I have my exams, (gcse's), so the focus is on that - but whenever I'm free I'm going to try and work on the channel (it's constantly in my mind haha)

So far -
Thumbnail/Title- ✅
Research - ❌
1st Draft - ❌
2nd Draft - ❌
Final Script - ❌
Record + Talking head - ❌
Edit - ❌

[ so basically my videos on the channel are kinda redundant for now, because i've decided that high-quality docs. are the way to go ]
Alright! So quick little progress update - I'm currently really looking into the concept of deepwork so I can make sure I balance the youtube channel and my studies. Been working in blocks of 1hr ish, and also realised that if I want to make this work I really need to let go of all social media - I understand enough now that social media isn't good for me, and quitting it is going to help me so much, and not much goes on it anyways.

Also, if I want more time I NEED to get rid of the useless activities.

So with the progress of my first video, the idea and story is looking really good. I really think this will do well if I invest enough time into it. I've currently drawn out the whole storyboard of the video, and got several points I've started to research - for this, I need to watch a couple of videos and read 1 or 2 books. With exams and everything this is going to be quite slow, (may 16th - June 16th are all exams) so I'll be really limited in working on the channel.

My mindset right now is instead of going on social media after revising, I can just work on this video and read books, I'm honestly really passionate about this, and going to try my all in making it work.

Quick list of things I need to do: (on notion)
1683458019866.png
Until next time :)

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
Yeah definitely, even if you go through doubts and feeling to give up, keep doing, be consistent and time will you work for you! It's amazing that you are already aware about this!

What I do to keep consistent is to run a todo list and checkmark what I have to do the previous day for the next day. I also run a weekly calendar on which I write down my action goals. I review my actions everyday and every week.

I'm sure you will succeed in your quest. Let us know every week on this thead :)

Alright! So quick little progress update - I'm currently really looking into the concept of deepwork so I can make sure I balance the youtube channel and my studies. Been working in blocks of 1hr ish, and also realised that if I want to make this work I really need to let go of all social media - I understand enough now that social media isn't good for me, and quitting it is going to help me so much, and not much goes on it anyways.

So with the progress of my first video, the idea and story is looking really good. I really think this will do well if I invest enough time into it. I've currently drawn out the whole storyboard of the video, and got several points I've started to research - for this, I need to watch a couple of videos and read 1 or 2 books. With exams and everything this is going to be quite slow, (may 16th - June 16th are all exams) so I'll be really limited in working on the channel.

My mindset right now is instead of going on social media after revising, I can just work on this video and read books, I'm honestly really passionate about this, and going to try my all in making it work.

View attachment 48684
There's an amazing book about growth mind set which is the compound effect. If that's not too much, you can add it to your list! Definitely worth it

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023

View attachment 48684

All the research is done! I've decided that I'm going to be reading the books as I go, and honestly it's not that important for the main bulk of the video, so that's fine.

Been working through the script, finished outlining everything, working on the first draft. I'm constantly going back and improving every aspect, making sure the storytelling is perfect and emotionally captures the viewer. Currently half way through. Can't wait to finish this video.

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023
All the research is done! I've decided that I'm going to be reading the books as I go, and honestly it's not that important for the main bulk of the video, so that's fine.

Been working through the script, finished outlining everything, working on the first draft. I'm constantly going back and improving every aspect, making sure the storytelling is perfect and emotionally captures the viewer. Currently half way through. Can't wait to finish this video.

Just finished the first draft of my script - and I gotta say the documentary is looking really, really good.

I know a couple of channels that post extremely valuable and entertaining content, but honestly, scouring through youtube, a lot of the content I see is just mind numbing. There's no real value in the videos, it's more of just trend hopping and making content that doesn't provide any real insight and doesn't really teach the viewers anything.

I'm hoping to provide the upmost entertainment and value in every video I produce.

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023
Just finished the first draft of my script - and I gotta say the documentary is looking really, really good.

I know a couple of channels that post extremely valuable and entertaining content, but honestly, scouring through youtube, a lot of the content I see is just mind numbing. There's no real value in the videos, it's more of just trend hopping and making content that doesn't provide any real insight and doesn't really teach the viewers anything.

I'm hoping to provide the upmost entertainment and value in every video I produce.

So.. I was going over the script for the second draft a couple of days later and honestly it surprised me so much how much I could improve. The other day I thought this script was perfect haha and I could jump right into the video, but the main appeal of the video is the story, and just reading through the script I found so many errors and so many inconsistencies in the story.

I'm now working through it and making sure everything flows really well and I can build a seamless narrative.

Just a reminder to anyone doing YouTube - don't finalise your first draft, look at it again with a fresh pair of eyes, and you'll find so many things you can make better.

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023
So.. I was going over the script for the second draft a couple of days later and honestly it surprised me so much how much I could improve. The other day I thought this script was perfect haha and I could jump right into the video, but the main appeal of the video is the story, and just reading through the script I found so many errors and so many inconsistencies in the story.

I'm now working through it and making sure everything flows really well and I can build a seamless narrative.

Just a reminder to anyone doing YouTube - don't finalise your first draft, look at it again with a fresh pair of eyes, and you'll find so many things you can make better.

1st script is done. I don't think there's any point of over obsessing over tiny details and I'll be better of moving to the next video.

[ currently can't record or edit due to exam season, but no excuses, so I'm working on scripting & researching for now ]

Moving on to the researching / scripting of the next video.

Next update will be when I published my first video.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.