The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Your Fastlane Business

trader26

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 25, 2012
Eric here,

I am newer to the forum, but I wanted to get an idea of what business people are choosing to use for there fastlane.

Here is a list of what I am currently working on:

1. CPA + micro workers - Using a CPA campaign to have people to jobs for me where I make more money from them doing the Job.

2. Article Arbitrage - Having someone write me an article and then posting it to an article writing service. I pay the outsourcer from Odesk less than what I make from the article.

3. Niche Websites - I have 4 websites I am currently working on. One is on the second page of Google.
I will be creating these to make money from selling affiliate products and adsense.

4. Kindle e-books - Brand new to this. Still learning about how to get an outsourcer to wrote and edit the books for me.
Big income potential.

5. Thinking about doing a local SEO business. Helping local businesses show up in google. There is a product called local mobile fusion that teaches you how to do it. I have heard of people outsourcing all the tasks and making 1K per business. 200 business = 200K per month. That could be a better fastlane, but I have not started this yet.

So, Am I working on the right things? What is everyone doing right now towards there fastlane?

What should i be focused on? I am still working 9-5 job, so I am only able to work on my business after work and on weekends.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Welcome to the forum! It's great that your taking action, but it looks like you have a bad case of ADD. LOL.

My suggestion is to pick ONE that has the most potential and put all your time and effort into the ONE idea, then master it. By doing so many things at once, plus your 9-5 job, your putting probably less then 10% effort in to each one. While you might make a few bucks here and there, that is not a recipe for success.

Also read MJ's Book. It will give you the guidance and mentality needed to get to the fastlane. Good Luck!

AMfree

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Jan 11, 2012
i will also talk about the multi-tasking aspect.I THINK U SHOULD PICK THE ONE THAT INTEREST U MOST,and focus 100% on it .due to ur limited time , the interest will keep u going. multi-tasking isn't that great for enterpreneurs i think....

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
I will say the same pick the one which you think about most, has the most potential and you believe in the most. The one you have the most potentially viable ideas?

Maybe simpler which one of all of those do you think of (in a positive way :) ) when you wake up on the middle of the night?

trader26

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 25, 2012
Thank You! I have read Mj's book and I am reading it again for the second time. The thing is that I am not sure which ONE is the best.

Really the first 2 do not take more then about 10 minutes per day. I have a system in place and so I check on a few things each day to make sure things are going the right way and that's it. So I can easily keep doing those cause the time commitment to income is very good.

I have not really profited from my niche sites. The first one i created was an amazon affiliate site for a niche that i found out doesn't really buy much online. The second one I am working on SEO right now and the third and fourth are in the content stage.

Kindle E-books - Trying to make a decision to write the books myself, which is a big time commitment, but would have better quality or having them outsourced. I think I would burn out if I tried to write these. I could outsource most of it and once my system was in place it would be like my first two projects. That's what I need to do!

With the SEO business I need to buy some training first to understand better how to run this business. It costs $97 for the training, but that one has the biggest income potential and probably the fastest speed. Also, I was in a mastermind group with a guy who helps businesses increase there bottom line and if I could get him on board to get me business leads and stand behind my business it would be HUGE. He actually e-mailed me last week, but I have not been able to talk to him about it yet.

So, I think I will have my 3 projects that have systems and low time commitment going. Then I just need to pick between niche sites and a local SEO business. I am leaning towards the local SEO business.

- Sorry for being so long, but this is the only place that I can talk about my business where I feel I can have people listen and get help.

trader26

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 25, 2012
GOLD777 - Wall Hit! LOL. So, when you are doing 10 things at once sometimes you forget to read the fine print. My CPA account got banned today because my affiliate link was on a website that they had not approved! - That's what happens when you let someone else drive the car and you ride in the passenger seat. Mj warned me off this! I saw someone get there adsense account banned today and it made me think a lot - I need to be in control of MY BUSINESS and really I am not a business owner if I am not in the driver seat.
So, that being said. I have decided that I will focus on ONE thing only and that will be to help people solve a problem using a website. My website will be branded and I will be selling my own product that I control the price and everything associated with it. I own the website, I own the leads, I own the product. No CPA company, affiliate company or any other company taking the driver seat.
I have 2 Niche sites on the second page of Google and I realized my first one gets no sales because the purpose it was set up was not to help people but from my own selfishness and not trying to help other peoples needs. I realized this reading Mj's book the second time. I literally screamed out. "AH HA" I did not develop a brand or set out to help people and make there life easier. All they could see is my need for them to buy a product through my amazon affiliate links. Time to start my real FastLane Business

jessica_david

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Mar 15, 2012
wish you best of luck... it found very good topic to me as i got good source of information and inspiration.. i also believe that what ever we do, we should do it with full concentration to be in fast lane.. so it could be done if we start from 1 thing where we can put our effort fairly and manage things accordingly..thanks for starting this helpful thread..

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
GOLD777 - Wall Hit! LOL. So, when you are doing 10 things at once sometimes you forget to read the fine print. My CPA account got banned today because my affiliate link was on a website that they had not approved! - That's what happens when you let someone else drive the car and you ride in the passenger seat. Mj warned me off this! I saw someone get there adsense account banned today and it made me think a lot - I need to be in control of MY BUSINESS and really I am not a business owner if I am not in the driver seat.
So, that being said. I have decided that I will focus on ONE thing only and that will be to help people solve a problem using a website. My website will be branded and I will be selling my own product that I control the price and everything associated with it. I own the website, I own the leads, I own the product. No CPA company, affiliate company or any other company taking the driver seat.
I have 2 Niche sites on the second page of Google and I realized my first one gets no sales because the purpose it was set up was not to help people but from my own selfishness and not trying to help other peoples needs. I realized this reading Mj's book the second time. I literally screamed out. "AH HA" I did not develop a brand or set out to help people and make there life easier. All they could see is my need for them to buy a product through my amazon affiliate links. Time to start my real FastLane Business

GREAT attitude! I am truly impressed and pleased with your post.

It would have been easy not to post your new experience. To just go off and not update how things went.

I appreciate the post because we ALL can use a reminder of what we should and should not be doing.

I congratulate you for not using the banning of your account as an excuse.

Best of luck and I LOVE that you say you are going to have your own product and control things yourself.

Please do keep this thread updated to let us all know how things are going.

D

DeletedUser2

1 kill all of them.

niche sites, not going to work for you much with the way your working.

local seo, stay away from that. lot harder than it looks, and you will hate it in about 50 days.

kindle is the only one that your doing that has the potential to scale if done right, and it. ditch everything else.
and I mean everything but 1 thing.

i would say your kindle angle is best for fast lane.

everything else, is not fast lane and will break soon.

trader26

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 25, 2012
How do I do the Kindle e-books the right way? I have given up on "cheating" on my business, as MJ calls it. I will be focused on just ONE THING. I want to create and sell my own product. This would be an informational product, could be an e-book, kindle book, video series. Except I have no idea what to do it on. I just know that I want be in the driver's seat and control everything dealing with the business.
Where do I start? Customer Problems, pains, passions? How can I help be there solution. My background is finance. I could easily create an e-book about being a customer service rep at a bank or how to not overdraw your account, but not sure these are in demand. I don't know where to start now. Any ideas?

DangerDave

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
44%
Sep 7, 2011
San Francisco
Think back throughout your life... how have you gotten your best ideas? What brings you clarity?

I have always gotten my ideas when I'm not actively thinking about them... ie when I'm not sitting down with a pencil and staring at some paper. I go for a long drive or a 45 min run to clear my head and let my thoughts wander.

Think about your industry. Think about problems that have frustrated you.
What do you wish you had earlier in your career?
What about when you started out, after college? Are there ways you can help new entrants in the work force? Are there ways you can help them excel? What do you know now that you didn't know then?
There's one avenue you could explore, but there are many more.

Keep generating the ideas like the ones you just described above. You'll know when you have "the one"...
Hope this helps... keep us updated!

trader26

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 25, 2012
Thank you very much for the help. I still have not decided on a product yet, but I have limited my focus to affiliate marketing. Creating products and having affiliates help me sell the product. I have found that I think best when I am alone with Starbucks in a book store or late at night. I have realized now that my focus is to find a market first and find a pain or problem the market is experiencing and then develop a product that will help them. I am going to be researching blogs and exploring the market over the coming week to make my decision. I will keep this thread updated.

trader26

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 25, 2012
Wow! The information I found about what people want in just the few minutes I searched for is so incredible!
Most sites I have found all talk about pick a niche, put up a site, and sell something to them either your product or someone else's.
I found a forum with about 10k potential customers with there biggest forums talked about only 2 main problems.
What bank should I choose and understanding how internet banking works. WOW! I am just shocked at home easy it was to find this information about what people are looking it. Why is this part of the business process so overlooked? I am still researching other forums, but it is a good start.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.