The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

Tony I

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Apr 9, 2013
MA
Last edited:

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014
He's a self branding expert.

We are talking bad about him here because we can see through it, but there are thousands and thousands who follow and believe in him.

MattCour

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Aug 17, 2012
NY
He's obviously a pretty good marketer, I had no idea who he was before reading this thread. Now his ads pop up every time I go to YouTube. Reminds me of Kim Kardashian in a way. Became known/somewhat famous for doing nothing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Pretty impressive to do a long video with Mark Cuban though. Maybe he paid for his time, but would be alot!

RobP

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 10, 2014
Raleigh, NC
Can anyone on this forum summarize in one sentence what Tai's value proposition is for his audience?

He was broke at 20, very rich by 35, and now teaches others the skills he's learned to achieve and maintain "health, wealth, love, and happiness".

He does tons of youtube videos and webinars for free that provide immense value as well as offering a $67 philosophy/lifestyle info product and three $997 business mentoring memberships if you want to dive deeper. He has consulting clients that pay him from $25k a year up to a full million as well as owning several successful internet companies and has a very powerful network in the business and entertainment communities.

It's strange all the hate that he gets from this board when he has achieved exactly what TMF encourages which should make him an ideal example to listen to. Maybe it's because he didn't come through here first before "making it".

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
He was broke at 20, very rich by 35, and now teaches others the skills he's learned to achieve and maintain "health, wealth, love, and happiness".

He does tons of youtube videos and webinars for free that provide immense value as well as offering a $67 philosophy/lifestyle info product and three $997 business mentoring memberships if you want to dive deeper. He has consulting clients that pay him from $25k a year up to a full million as well as owning several successful internet companies and has a very powerful network in the business and entertainment communities.

It's strange all the hate that he gets from this board when he has achieved exactly what TMF encourages which should make him an ideal example to listen to. Maybe it's because he didn't come through here first before "making it".

I noticed this forum has a semblance of ethics attached. I like that about this forum.

KNOWLEDGE BOOKSHELVES

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Then why does he make it look like he owns a multimillion dollar home that he clearly leased for a day to make his most recent video?

carswest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 28, 2015
Los Angeles suburbs
I went to his seminar in April 2015. It was a full day seminar, i paid $200 + VIP guess which I thought was $100 extra ($300 total) , but it was $300 add-on for 1 hour pre-seminar session and front-line seats. $500 total.

In five words: it was not worth it.

Tai is cool guy, i liked his 67 steps (very repetitive, but good info), it started me seeking knowledge and information, as a result I am on this forum right now. Seminar was full of young kids. Median age I'd say 22-25. When he asked the audience who made annual gross over one million dollars only handful people raised their hands. It was the first seminar I left early. Tai was just talking and talking, no real info, just space fillers, lots of youtube videos. I just got tired of it. The seminar had lots of upsell. The guy next to me spent $1500 on seminar, he purchased lunch and dinner options.

I attended also his VIP live calls every tuesday for 2 months. It was long 2-3 hours talks discussing a book and later on selling his upper classes (around 10k).

I also noticed since May of this year his fastlaner super-growth. First, he got penthouse in Beverly Hills, then he is in the huge house with new supercars. This gets to the point most of his money he made this year on selling online content.

The guy is smart. He knows psychology really well. I study him, as he got impressive results this year. He also will be having seminar Dec 7-8, but I pass this time.

Hope it will be useful info for someone.

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Guys, Tai Lopez isn't real - he's CGI. MJ created him as a part of subtle marketing campaign for FLF and TMF . Tim Ferriss picked up the job but because it took more than 4 hours to do, had the work outsourced and Tai was created by a visual effects freelancer. Duh.

I actually laughed out loud when I read this.

carswest

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Nov 28, 2015
Los Angeles suburbs

Agreed. He is 100% Fastlaner! Done it right. Very smart guy. I enjoy listening to him, though it takes knowledge on your end to identify correct info. This is true talent to speak a lot about matter and at the same time give almost no value :) I think 67 lessons were awesome I learned a lot.

Fraix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 30, 2014
Agreed. He is 100% Fastlaner! Done it right. Very smart guy. I enjoy listening to him, though it takes knowledge on your end to identify correct info. This is true talent to speak a lot about matter and at the same time give almost no value :) I think 67 lessons were awesome I learned a lot.

He milks to the self-help junkies but at the infinite cost of making a joke of himself.

Check some of the YT videos posted here.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West

kingspoint.club

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Nov 30, 2015
Virginia

Thanks for the summary. That was exactly what I was looking for. Everyone has a story, I am glad you shared his.

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
Serious Q - Why does everyone spend their time and energy caring about what he does?

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
He milks to the self-help junkies but at the infinite cost of making a joke of himself.

Check some of the YT videos posted here.

718.gif

You're sitting on this forum, responding to a post about him.

He has no clue who you are.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
718.gif

You're sitting on this forum, responding to a post about him.

He has no clue who you are.
I'd rather be a poor man with integrity than a snake oil salesman with a Scrooge McDuck vault full of gold coins.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
I'd rather be a poor man with integrity than a snake oil salesman with a Scrooge McDuck vault full of gold coins.

What's he doing that's unethical or without integrity? Is he scamming people? Is he stealing? Is he selling an inferior product? Seems to me you're not the person he's aiming at.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
What's he doing that's unethical or without integrity? Is he scamming people? Is he stealing? Is he selling an inferior product? Seems to me you're not the person he's aiming at.

The evidence suggests he is lying or severely exaggerating the truth.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
I'm not following. Are you implying that because a big company did it, it's OK?

VW is facing a huge lashback from their dishonesty.

I guess it's OK to lie, so long as you don't get caught, right? /sarcasm

No...just saying these days, I see businesses doing shady stuff more as a rule than an exception.

Aaron W

^‿^
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Nov 25, 2015
Toronto
Serious Q - Why does everyone spend their time and energy caring about what he does?
+1

Tia is doing what he wants to do, how he wants to do it and whom he wants to market it to... and is clearly successful how he is doing it. I wouldn't worry about the guy and focus on your own paths.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.