The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

sija1

Turning Coffee Into Code
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Jun 20, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Nothing against the guy, he has some great podcasts. But I gotta ask...

Has he ever done a video without a car in the background?!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali

EdKirby

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Jun 29, 2015
United States
Oh crap, that's funny!

If I ever met Tai I have to thank him. It was this post that I found while googling his name. The rest is history.

Gamaur

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
1,150%
Jul 3, 2015
AU
I owe a big thanks to Tai.

Like many here, googling him brought me to this forum, and now I've found what seems like a legitimate resource for guidance and motivation. Hats off to him.

From a casual observer's perspective there's a lot of confusion flying around about the guy, and without meaning to sound like a neckbeard, many claiming support for him probably haven't done a lot of research. That or we just have very different standards with regard to talent and success, and I guess that's fair enough.

The reason everyone's searching for him is to validate their suspicions of bullsh*t. Here's a summary to make that process easier:

Tai Lopez did NOT build is wealth honestly.

He's a classic snake oil salesman that has made most of his money through fraudulent dating and life coaching websites. There's already a link to a blog in this thread that shows all of this in detail, but for the sake of anyone in the TL;DR boat, here's a quick look at Tai's online ventures under his business name 'Elite Global Dating, LLC':

meetingmillionaires.com
elitemeeting.com
modelmeet.com
mythailove.com
ifyouresingle.com
eliteglobaldating.com
curvyfitness.com
millionairemagnetsystem.com
millionairelifecoach.com
findadate.com
datetallmen.com
elitemeet.com
justmillionaires.com

Take the meetingmillionaires.com as an example, if you follow the link you'll be taken to a site listing eligible millionaire bachelors (only males) in your geographical vicinity who are apparently as desperate as the target demographic. I happen to live in Melbourne and unfortunately Tai wasn't smart enough to exception his own profile from the sites BS location algorithm:

f2a2edbf-ed14-44e3-bc56-1cf2ad59eff4.png

Aside from the obvious fact there's no such thing as a genuine haven for desperate millionaires looking for online love, the above serves as evidence to the fact none of them are real profiles. Fraud.

Complaints sample from the same blog post:

After cancelling my subscription they still took payments from me! I then deleted my profile and advised my bank about their fraud but they still keep going!! My bank says they have to pay money out but refund me the cost. I wonder do I have to keep paying them forever! Countless emails to their costumer service without reply. Its not only scam but real FRAUD!

-allyka Complaintsboard.com 2014 (This is 1 of about 100-200 complaints on the site over a span of 5 years!!!) I bought an information product from this company and did not sign up to become a member. After checking my VISA statement, I noticed that they had charged me over $200 for a monthly membership fee that I had not authorized. I have contacted my bank and they have cancelled that VISA card. Beware to anybody who has any dealings with Elite Global Dating.
-Ken consumeraffairs.com 2013

Too bad that Tai Lopez is a thief, liar and commits fraud. Other than that, sure, great person to listen to. Be aware, Tai Lopez is a bad person who only wants your money.
-Carrie EpicLaunch.com 2012

Elite Global Dating LLC Tai Lopez, This is a fraudulent dating site. They send fake emails to enduce you to pay for their bunk service.
-Anonymous Ripoffreport.com 2011

SCAM ALERT DON'T DON'T DON'T SIGN UP TO THIS SITE. IT IS A SCAM! Do I FEEL LIKE A DUMB BLONDE FALLING FOR THIS? YES!!! I am not a dumb blonde, but should of, could of, would of..... Check into this, I hope these guys get what is coming to them. Karma!
-Madeline Trustlink.org 2010

The owner of eliteMeeting Tai... is the most unscrupulous dirtbag on the planet... funny how he even comes on this site, and creates a whole lot of negative votes for everyone that has a complaint against his site and super props to every stupid positive shameless promotion of his site... We know it is you Tai... get lost you stupid scammer...
-Poker Complaintsboard.com 2009

This isn't just forums on the internet. They also had complaints filed against them with the Better Business Bureau.

As with all online scams the number of complaints is only representative of a fraction of the issue. Tai isn't stupid, he knows who his audience is, and he knows how to manipulate them. He's capitalised heavily on the lack of online fraud policing and traps society's most gullible customers in a vortex of deceit and red tape.

So what about his apparent legitimacy these days?

For the sake of his apologists, and full context, let's talk about his strengths for a second:

- He's a smart, confident guy and a good orator, a skill he's developed a lot more since the TEDx talk he constantly refers to.
- He has above average wealth.
- He networks very well.
- He understands his market very well.
- He's extremely determined.
- He's charismatic.
- If you've never come across a motivational speaker before, many of his lessons have at least a few good points to take away.

Why you should be dubious:

- He speaks in broad, borrowed platitudes that add zero to the academia of success. There are much better and more genuine examples available to you.
- His successful image is mostly bluffed to give the impression of credibility, when in reality his apparent wealth was never earned through the lessons he preaches, but through fraud.
- He self-aggrandises significantly more than he shows an interest in making anyone else successful. When choosing your mentors, choose those with the most conviction to help you. Tai Lopez is only concerned with getting you to pay him, and I guarantee you that anyone stupid enough to follow him without question will never find the success they are looking for.
- He's a subclinical or clinical sociopath. That isn't a vacuous statement; it's an assertion based on his behaviour, personality and intentions. He really doesn't give a sh** about anything but boosting his own self image and taking your money.

I remember reading 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' the week after it was featured on Oprah and being so inspired I immediately wrote a real estate investment plan for myself. I was 15 at the time. I've been interested in stories of success and motivational speakers ever since. On the back of seeing this thread I've investigated 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' as much as I can without reading it, as well as reading MJ DeMarco's website bio, and I have this observation to make:

The Millionaire Fastlane is the real deal.

The person behind it is someone who shared the same relationship with success that Chris Gardner had. He saw a better life for himself that he didn't realise was available to him previously. Coincidentally, both were through the experience of meeting a luxury car owner. When choosing mentors and role models I strongly believe your decision can be helped by understanding the conviction of your teacher. Of course any self-helper has to be self-aggrandising and milk things as much as is reasonable, but that needn't mean they don't genuinely want other people to share in their experience. After briefly reading through this site I believe it to be a genuinely helpful resource, run by someone genuinely interested in helping you.

Contrast all of this to Tai Lopez for a second. He's trying to win you over by putting up a front of being well-connected, reading a book a day, living in the hollywood hills, and driving a lamborghini. He has fabricated his own credibility in such a way that he will eventually be in all the rooms he's claiming to be in for real, but that will never change the fact he's a fraud with nothing new to say, who's lessons will never pay for themselves.

Seek a mentor elsewhere, like this place.

Last edited:

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West

Like many here, googling him brought me to this forum, and now I've found what seems like a legitimate resource for guidance and motivation. Hats off to him.

From a casual observer's perspective there's a lot of confusion flying around about the guy, and without meaning to sound like a neckbeard, many claiming support for him probably haven't done a lot of research. That or we just have very different standards with regard to talent and success, and I guess that's fair enough.

The reason everyone's searching for him is to validate their suspicions of bullsh*t. Here's a summary to make that process easier:

He's a classic snake oil salesman that has made most of his money through fraudulent dating and life coaching websites. There's already a link to a blog in this thread that shows all of this in detail, but for the sake of anyone in the TL;DR boat, here's a quick look at Tai's online ventures under his business name 'Elite Global Dating, LLC':

meetingmillionaires.com
elitemeeting.com
modelmeet.com
mythailove.com
ifyouresingle.com
eliteglobaldating.com
curvyfitness.com
millionairelifecoach.com
findadate.com
datetallmen.com
elitemeet.com
justmillionaires.com

Take the meetingmillionaires.com as an example, if you follow the link you'll be taken to a site listing eligible millionaire bachelors (only males) in your geographical vicinity who are apparently as desperate as the target demographic. I happen to live in Melbourne and unfortunately Tai wasn't smart enough to exception his own profile from the sites BS location algorithm:

Aside from the obvious fact there's no such thing as a genuine haven for desperate millionaires looking for online love, the above serves as evidence to the fact none of them are real profiles. Fraud.

As with all online scams the number of complaints is only representative of a fraction of the issue. Tai isn't stupid, he knows who his audience is, and he knows how to manipulate them. He's capitalised heavily on the lack of online fraud policing and traps society's most gullible customers in a vortex of deceit and red tape.

For the sake of his apologists, and full context, let's talk about his strengths for a second:

- He's a smart, confident guy and a good orator, a skill he's developed a lot more since the TEDx talk he constantly refers to.
- He networks very well.
- He's charismatic.
- If you've never come across a motivational speaker before, many of his lessons have at least a few good points to take away.

- He speaks in broad, borrowed platitudes that add zero to the academia of success. There are much better and more genuine examples available to you.
- His successful image is mostly bluffed to give the impression of credibility, when in reality his apparent wealth was never earned through the lessons he preaches, but through fraud.
- He self-aggrandises significantly more than he shows an interest in making anyone else successful. When choosing your mentors, choose those with the most conviction to help you. Tai Lopez is only concerned with getting you to pay him, and I guarantee you that anyone stupid enough to follow him without question will never find the success they are looking for.
- He's a subclinical or clinical sociopath. That isn't a vacuous statement; it's an assertion based on his behaviour, personality and intentions. He really doesn't give a sh** about anything but boosting his own self image and taking your money.

I remember reading 'Rich Dad, Poor Dad' the week after it was featured on Oprah and being so inspired I immediately wrote a real estate investment plan for myself. I was 15 at the time. I've been interested in stories of success and motivational speakers ever since. On the back of seeing this thread I've investigated 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' as much as I can without reading it, as well as reading MJ DeMarco's website bio, and I have this observation to make:

The person behind it is someone who shared the same relationship with success that Chris Gardner had. He saw a better life for himself that he didn't realise was available to him previously. Coincidentally, both were through the experience of meeting a luxury car owner. When choosing mentors and role models I strongly believe your decision can be helped by understanding the conviction of your teacher. Of course any self-helper has to be self-aggrandising and milk things as much as is reasonable, but that needn't mean they don't genuinely want other people to share in their experience. After briefly reading through this site I believe it to be a genuinely helpful resource, run by someone genuinely interested in helping you.

Contrast all of this to Tai Lopez for a second. He's trying to win you over by putting up a front of being well-connected, reading a book a day, living in the hollywood hills, and driving a lamborghini. He has fabricated his own credibility in such a way that he will eventually be in all the rooms he's claiming to be in for real, but that will never change the fact he's a fraud with nothing new to say, who's lessons will never pay for themselves.

Very well said.

MJ is definitely the real deal. I'm a skeptical person, and his book had me convinced from the get-go.

After attending the forum meetup in Scottsdale and meeting great mentors through this forum, I can let you know your conclusions are true.

Rep+ transfered to you to get you off on the right foot. Welcome to the forum.

And hats off again to MJ for creating a great forum and a great book that is able to cut through the bullshit better than 95%+ of the other "get rich" books out there.

Bila

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Dec 2, 2014
Ontario Canada

meetingmillionaires.com
elitemeeting.com
modelmeet.com
mythailove.com
ifyouresingle.com
eliteglobaldating.com
curvyfitness.com
millionairelifecoach.com
findadate.com
datetallmen.com
elitemeet.com
justmillionaires.com

- He networks very well.
- He's charismatic.

Looking forward to reading your contributions to the forum. Welcome aboard

UncleChuck

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 4, 2015
You know who my mentors were? Smart professors in college and my parents! I paid tuition in exchange for new ideas and mowed my parents' lawn in exchange for cultural knowledge.

No need to pay for 67 steps to becoming a few dollars poorer.

Ryko

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 19, 2012
Croatia
Just stumbled on this gruesome video by some CYNIC/ HATER who isn't about the GOOD LIFE (philosophy, money, eastern wisdom merged with telemarketing) ... good god so many people are grudgers! Hating on our good ole boy Tai.

And all Tai is doing is giving us recipes for the GOOD LIFE.

Damn! Wake up people! Don't be cynics!

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Oh damn 2000 Lambroghinis a day? Well fock me!

Ah this is my favorite one, by far. "With only 47 TedX talk where I talk about Warren Buffet in my TedX Talk where I talk about Warren Buffet account"

The Starcraft reference at the end was great, too. Haha.

D

DeletedUser394

Just stumbled on this gruesome video by some CYNIC/ HATER who isn't about the GOOD LIFE (philosophy, money, eastern wisdom merged with telemarketing) ... good god so many people are grudgers! Hating on our good ole boy Tai.

And all Tai is doing is giving us recipes for the GOOD LIFE.

Damn! Wake up people! Don't be cynics!

This is the greatest thing I've seen in a while.

Jeremy is a true american hero.

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Guys, Tai Lopez isn't real - he's CGI. MJ created him as a part of subtle marketing campaign for FLF and TMF . Tim Ferriss picked up the job but because it took more than 4 hours to do, had the work outsourced and Tai was created by a visual effects freelancer. Duh.

sal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Apr 14, 2012
Oh damn 2000 Lambroghinis a day? Well fock me!

Hilarious.

I think that in between him saying that he reads a book a day, and showing you his Lamborghini, he has some material that helps people/provides value.

Once you make it you become a target... nothing new

mws87

talk less, listen more.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
May 5, 2015
California
Page #1 and Result #4 for "Tai Lopez" in Google Search. Damn, I wonder how much traffic this thread gets!

EDIT: And I'm genuinely curious about the details of Tai's story.
If you comb through some of his videos you can find scattered information, eventually you'll be able to piece it together.

Personally, I think the dude is a really good marketer. I'm almost certain Tai Lopez isn't his real name either. Nonetheless, whatever he's done/is doing is working so more power to him.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
If you comb through some of his videos you can find scattered information, eventually you'll be able to piece it together.

Personally, I think the dude is a really good marketer. I'm almost certain Tai Lopez isn't his real name either. Nonetheless, whatever he's done/is doing is working so more power to him.

Is he a good marketer? Not if my scummy alert/in-authenthic alert is going off like it is for many here. LOL

Honestly I don't even see why people are talking about him other than he has PAID to get people to talk about him right?

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Is he a good marketer? Not if my scummy alert/in-authenthic alert is going off like it is for many here. LOL

Honestly I don't even see why people are talking about him other than he has PAID to get people to talk about him right?
For some reason I catch myself watching his videos. Not really too thrilled about the ambiguity and often leave asking myself WTF just happend? I don't really have a clue what he is about but I am left extremely curious. He does know his books though and some of the people that he interviews provide great content.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.