The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Who can you help?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Who can you help? (<2 min)

TRANSCRIPTION by @Drive2Riches

I regularly PM people in an entrepreneurial forum that I'm in. A common theme that comes up is people don't know where to start with creating a business.

It's a great quote by Mother Teresa that I really like. "Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you." I think that's quite profound advice.

Often what you're looking for is right under your nose. Instead of thinking, "What business can I create? Just think who can I help and who do I already know I can help?"

I asked a guy recently, "Who can you help this week?" And he'll be the first to admit, he over complicated it. He started thinking about -- "What skills have I got? What can I help people with? What business would I like to grow from helping these people? Can it scale?"

So he was tangling himself up in knots before he even got started. I asked, "Is it more simple than that? Instead of thinking about your skills and the business you'd like to grow, think about the people around you and whatever problems they've got."

It's like it opened the floodgates for him.

He suddenly started looking around. He even looked really close to home at his mother and the problem she was having and how he might help her.

It's only a small switch, but when you think about other people and their problems and how you can help them, things change.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's easier than you think to get started.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Following the message of this thread, addressing every member of TFLF:

So who can You help?
Write it down and tell how you can do that. Maybe it will help you set things right in your own head.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
I'll start with my own business.

We're currently relocating outside RU and developing a new service targeted at small businesses exclusively.
Primarily we want to help small online businesses actually benefit from being on the internet, achieving that by:
1. Lightspeed website loading time.

Less than 500ms from anywhere in the world on 1st load. Instant (<50 ms) page loading for all other pages. Originally it was taking 2.6 seconds at least.
bomLcV5tg20.jpg

fImTP1o6kQY.jpg

IWwHCvaTi6c.jpg

9CU0KYtRvCQ.jpg

LE-l6ko34Iw.jpg

https protocol. http is about 130-180ms on average.

2. Beautiful typography with maximum readability.
NutdRPRgf-s.jpg
fsfF4N5pl4c.jpg

SdjHencsLkg.jpg

xDU6HcVWGPc.jpg

lsuQ8DP-5Gs.jpg

Unfortunately I can't share "Before & After" from our paid projects, because we have full NDA politics.

3. Smart search engine optimization for their content, so their content/products will be seen by right people who convert at much higher rates.
Currently working on article about intelligent SEO, will update this post when I finish.

4. Fixing their writings according to cognitive psychology principles to produce a stronger impact on their target audience.

5. Other "Cut your cost, maximize efficiency" solutions which we provide to bigger businesses, but want to optimize for small ones too.

This thread gave me a lot of idea, I think I'll update my post intensively throughout this week. It already made me want to reconsider a lot of my own stuff.

Insight #1. Only basic solutions for small businesses.
Majority of small businesses suffer from simple mistakes, not from complex ones.
Website looks cheap so people immediately leave. Typography is ragged and hard to read, so people quit reading after a second paragraph. E-store pages load for too long so after 3d page people stop searching for a product they want to buy. Copywritings aren't done to actually sell. This is what usually wrong, not a marketing strategy or wrong targeting.

Last edited:

Geekour

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Nov 27, 2017
TX
So simple advice yet so profound. I just thought of someone close to me that needs help with something because they don't have time for it. The nice thing about this is that it is an entire industry and can scale. I had a few ideas for products but this post just made me remember something I know for a fact is needed. This post made my day. Thanks so much. @Andy Black

Madman1996

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 9, 2017
Netherlands
It's easier than you think to get started.
Thankyou Andy your really a good man with a good heart who wants nothing but the best for people i helped my mother with the garden today i helped my neighbor yesterday also with her garden what is the benefit of doing this anyhow gonna follow your content best wishes to your family

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
thankyou i appreciate it what does that method exactly is it giving me a hint on how to start a business i am really curious about this
It gets you out and about, exercising your “helping people muscle”. Keep doing it and good things will start happening. You’ll spot people being stuck and needing help, and realise you don’t need to be an expert to help.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
So many people don't start because they're in their own heads and in their own way.

Look outside yourself and help, entertain, or in some other way add value to people.

“Money is proof you helped your fellow man.”
- MJ DeMarco

“You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.”
- Zig Ziglar

Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time, and always start with the person closest to you.
- Mother Theresa

Who will you help this week?

Danny_Cox

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Apr 26, 2022
Bristol, UK
Who can you help? (<2 min)

TRANSCRIPTION by @Drive2Riches

I regularly PM people in an entrepreneurial forum that I'm in. A common theme that comes up is people don't know where to start with creating a business.

It's a great quote by Mother Teresa that I really like. "Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you." I think that's quite profound advice.

Often what you're looking for is right under your nose. Instead of thinking, "What business can I create? Just think who can I help and who do I already know I can help?"

I asked a guy recently, "Who can you help this week?" And he'll be the first to admit, he over complicated it. He started thinking about -- "What skills have I got? What can I help people with? What business would I like to grow from helping these people? Can it scale?"

So he was tangling himself up in knots before he even got started. I asked, "Is it more simple than that? Instead of thinking about your skills and the business you'd like to grow, think about the people around you and whatever problems they've got."

It's like it opened the floodgates for him.

He suddenly started looking around. He even looked really close to home at his mother and the problem she was having and how he might help her.

It's only a small switch, but when you think about other people and their problems and how you can help them, things change.
Beautiful. Love the simplicity of idea & presentation. The more time I spend here, the more inspired I am that basic 'goodness' and business can go together

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.