The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What book are you reading? Right now. Post up!

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Finished this year:
Deep Work by Cal Newport. Excellent book on ways to get more done in less time. I did find myself turning some pages very fast as some of his stories are lengthy. A bit higher level reading (as in you'll probably have to look up meanings of words).

One Simple Idea by Steven Keys. Licensing. A re-read from last year. Excellent. Needs to be on your shelf for reference.

Job Free by Jake Desyllas. Good for beginners looking to get out of the rat race.

Never Work Again by Erlend Bakke. Outsourcing. Good insights.

The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod. Excellent read.

15 Secrets Successful People Know About Time Management by Kevin Kruse. Good read.

Currently: Will it Fly by Pat Flynn. So far, very good book.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'm also reading "Will it Fly" now. :)

Before that I read "Originals: Now Nonconformists Move The World".

Really interesting from an Ops perspective. It provided examples for how companies can encourage and balance diverse thoughts and opinions but avoid 'group think'.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

G

Guest34764

Currently Reading :
48 Laws of Power- Have to say, definitely one of the absolute best books for interacting with people, especially in a corporate environment. Been using some of the principles on my boss (a.k.a sucking up) and have already been offered a promotion.

I really have to order this book sometime.I just finished 50th law of power, and i would highly recommend reading it.Thanks for the reminder :)

ChrisRussia

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 18, 2015
8fee84a5570b126dde957491dc7873df.jpg

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm about half way through "Black Swan".

It's been recommended quite a few times and shows up on a lot of those "CEO's top reading lists" and gets referenced a lot in other books I've been reading but I'm having a hard time getting through it.

Occasionally he'll be pretty funny/witty but overall I find it very, very, very dry. Maybe it comes down to lack of focus while reading it but I also find it hard to understand what point he's trying to make in many of the chapters. Most of the time it seems like he's just droning on and patting himself on the back while slipping in backhanded remarks to other people or fields of study.

I like his ideas, and I've found some value in it, but it seems like this is a 400 page book that could have easily been a 200 page book. Either that or I'm in entirely the wrong mood for his writing style.

Think I'm going to put this one down and come back to it at a later time. I've been ripping through books this year but I'm finding this one impossible right now. Time to move on.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Small is the new big - Seth Godin
7 steps to freedom - Benjamin Suarez

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Listening to "Frazzled" by Ruby Wax.

Interesting, funny, and thought provoking.

happycoder

Learning/Hustling the Fastlane
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2016
Ireland
Content Marketing In A Week: Engage Your Audience With Compelling Content In Seven Simple Steps - by Jane Heaton
Content Machine: Use Content Marketing to Build a 7-figure Business With Zero Advertising - by Dan Norris

germandude

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Jan 4, 2016
Europe
The Way of the Superior Man: A Spiritual Guide to Mastering the Challenges of Women, Work, and Sexual Desire

A F*cking amazing book if you want to increase your feeling of masculinity, have more self-confidence and care less about other people. I am not married, but if you are it has some tips on dealing with wife/gf.

10/10, would like some more suggestions from anyone with similar books to this one.

G

GuestUser141

K.i.s.s me Arse by W.T.F also a great read you so must read it, entitled "who gives a F*ck"

conquer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
327%
Apr 30, 2016
The Third Wave by Steve Case (cofounder and former CEO of AOL)

Talks about the early days and eventual success of AOL. Gives insight on what the future holds for future entrepreneurs looking to build world changing startups.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Anyone read Biocentrism and Beyond Biocentrism? Thinking of getting both, but not sure whether to take the plunge or not.

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
Reading Talleyrand by DUff Cooper

I wanted to know more about Talleyrand after reading the 48 laws of power.

Tha Manipulated man

The war against Man

Life of Pi

and deep studying Breakthrough advertising.

Traveling Morgue

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 3, 2014
Indiana
"The truly free individual is free only to the extent of his own self-mastery."

From The War of Art - full of excellent fastlane quotes

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
The Millionaire Fastlane . The first few pages had me hooked so I'm cruising through the chapters right now, currently at the Slowlane section.
Just finished Richest man in Babylon, so this book gives a bit of contrast regarding the "save 10% and get rich when you're 65" idea from the richest..babylon book

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 3, 2015
4 hour work week.

I remember reading the book nearly a decade ago with a very different mindset. Getting much more out of it now.

I seem to gain deeper insights on the second read. On the second run, instead of trying to take in all the information, you start listening for what matters to you.

Just started reading it for the first time.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.