The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Eddie E

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 3, 2019
Happy I’ve found this tread, I’ve been trying to get an aftermarket auto part remade in China for over 6 months now with no success, I await your 2019 update and hopefully make some progress with this. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Hi Walter,

I just send the payments over Paypal to Imagemodeuk@yahoo.co.uk. I'm looking forward to reading the two books.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge! A while ago I remember reading about your experience with China, but I don't remember... are you able to speak Mandarin? I'm asking because I learned Mandarin for a couple of years but sadly forgot it as I was never able to put it in daily use.

Anyways... Looking forward to what you have to offer, and can't wait for the upgrade to 2019 (which I believe is free according to your website.)
You will have received the books by now, and I am pleased to confirm that the 2019 revisions will be supplied free of charge to all who have bought previous copies.
Happy I’ve found this tread, I’ve been trying to get an aftermarket auto part remade in China for over 6 months now with no success, I await your 2019 update and hopefully make some progress with this. Thanks
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am confident that the new edition will be of help in your search.

I must say I am chafing at the bit having to wait for the new website before launching the new edition.

Walter

andrewsyc

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Aug 14, 2017
Iowa
Learning how to safely source and import, or how to brand and label your products using innovative labeling methods might not directly answer any business or entrepreneurial issues you have currently.

What these books could do for you is give you ideas. The labeling book's emphasis on marketing psychology has been an eye opener for some who have in their own words told me as much.

Walter

Months later I decided on yes, payment was sent. Thanks Walter.

HenryTheGreat

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Apr 11, 2018
Good day!

Just purchased your books and having read throgh all your 64 pages long importing thread, i am very excited to see what’s in it. There is few cents extra, due to currency conversion. Hope it does not matter.

Best regards.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Good day!

Just purchased your books and having read throgh all your 64 pages long importing thread, i am very excited to see what’s in it. There is few cents extra, due to currency conversion. Hope it does not matter.

Best regards.
Thanks. I hope the books really give a boost to your enterprise.

I would ask that all who buy my books kindly include their Fastlane member name. In this case, if the books have not been sent, I would know, and it would speed up remedying that failing.

Once the process is completed, those names are no longer of any interest to me.

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
My son in law informs me that he has finished sending the free updates of both books to all who have purchased previous editions.

If you have bought a previous edition through the Marketplace and not yet received the 2019 edition, please let me know and I will get him to remedy that.

Those who bought their copy via the old ProvenChinaSourcing.com site, or obtained their copy free of charge as part of the Proven Amazon Course will receive a download as soon as the ProvenGlobalSourcing.com site is up and running. They can't do it until then.

I will announce in my AMA when the new site is operating.

Walter

Last edited:

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

tmb22

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Dec 8, 2018
USA
Both books were great. Great resources to have especially for someone that doesn't know much about manufacturing or importing. It's nice to have all that information in one place from someone with a ton of experience. Thanks @Walter Hay

Goliad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 1, 2019
Texas
Hi @Walter Hay do these books cover the topic of B2B sales? I plan to buy them both either way but just curious as to whether they cover this topic or if you have any threads on B2B selling.

I've experienced first hand the power of b2b sales when I sold several hundred items for $60 when I bought the items for about $13/piece. However, I no longer have that order as they found it cheaper elsewhere. Originally I didn't even have to sell them on it because I found out how much they were paying and simply undercut from that price.

B2B can be way better than B2C IF you can do what I managed to do, except on a repeatable basis, which is why I'd like to learn more about it, if possible.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
They don't specifically deal with B2B sales. I, and later my franchisees, used for my B2B business the sourcing and importing processes that I have described in the importing book so that important part of a B2B business is dealt with.

I have posted numerous times on the subject of B2B, but because that term is so short, a search for B2B posted by Walter Hay produces over 1,000 results. One day I might write a book on the subject, but for now I am writing one on Franchising.

The labeling book is also relevant to both B2B and B2C. Branding, and the persuasive power of marketing psychology in B2B are greatly underestimated.

Best wishes for your success. In my opinion B2B is the way to go. Single sales in the tens of thousands and handling only a small number of customers is a lot better than building a market with thousands of individual sales.

Walter

Dsant

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Jun 7, 2015
I bought the Import from China book, a long time ago, and still use the new 2019 updated version, it has really useful information, and if you're still a newbie you will save more by buying this book then actually going in by yourself with no experience at all.

Highly recommend it!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I bought the Import from China book, a long time ago, and still use the new 2019 updated version, it has really useful information, and if you're still a newbie you will save more by buying this book then actually going in by yourself with no experience at all.

Highly recommend it!
The way things are going in relation to the trade war, I should be multiplying the price by a factor of XXX.
Walter

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
I love your sense of humor. Thanks @Kak

Boo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jul 6, 2018
Hi @Walter Hay , I'm currently exploring a couple of new business opportunities to expand my portfolio. One of which would involve purchasing branded products in my niche. Unrelated example; Callaway, TaylorMade, Ping golf clubs.

Is there information in the book which you think would be helpful for sourcing directly from brands and their distributors, or is the focus more on finding manufacturers for your own products? We are looking to become a retailer, with no interest initially in creating or importing our own unique or white-labeled goods. We need to form relationships with brands and their distributors to source brand-name products that consumers already know, at good rates.

Thanks, Walter for all the information that you've shared on the forum!

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
@Boo, No my book won't be of any help to you in buying from brand manufacturers or their distributors.

The best way for you would be to contact the brand owners and ask for contact details for their distributors. They often have very tough requirements, and that can include proof of operating a B&M store.

Walter

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Highly recommend this to ALL yall better ACT IMMEDIATELY.

SimonJ

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 18, 2019
Hi @Walter Hay ,

I was wondering if it is still possible to purchase your both updated books with this discount?

Best,
Simon

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Yes, the offer will continue indefinitely. It is a special price for Fastlane members, Others are paying considerably more via my book websites.

Walter

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.