The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Vigilante's "Mind Your Business" Radio Show

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Tuning in?

You'll be a guest at some point when you're ready and when your brand can use the publicity.

I mean, I wasn’t going to ask...

But if you’ve got a slow week and need a local entrepreneur...

I also do NOT have a radio voice. So be warned if your ratings plummet.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I mean, I wasn’t going to ask...

But if you’ve got a slow week and need a local entrepreneur...

I also do NOT have a radio voice. So be warned if your ratings plummet.

I do not have a good radio voice either, but people care about content. I do have a face for radio though.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE

TheOrchestrator

Freedom Fighter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
361%
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
@Vigilante, I hope you're well. Any updates/progress on your plans to bring back the show? I came across what appears to be a lost podcast recording in which you did a segment on overcoming adversity, and I couldn't help but be jealous that I never got to hear any of your earlier stuff.

And thank you for the statement: "Scarred skin is stronger than regular skin."

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@Vigilante, I hope you're well. any updates/progress on your plans to bring back the show? I came across what appears to be a lost podcast recording in which you did a segment on overcoming adversity, and I couldn't help but be jealous that I never got to hear any of your earlier stuff.

And thank you for the statement: "Scarred skin is stronger than regular skin."

I ended up in a long-term engagement. We will definitely bring the show back but not before the end of the year. It's on my short-term list of objectives though. Glad you like that show. When we bring it back, it will be live across the country on Saturday mornings.

TheOrchestrator

Freedom Fighter
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
361%
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
I ended up in a long-term engagement. We will definitely bring the show back but not before the end of the year. It's on my short-term list of objectives though. Glad you like that show. When we bring it back, it will be live across the country on Saturday mornings.

Awesome! I was sure that you were busy with other stuff, but this is just what I was hoping to hear. I'll keep an eye out for anything further. Have a great weekend.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
We're getting ready to lay down the audio for Saturday's podcast. I am organizing my thoughts onto paper. The only reason I am doing this is for someone else who is broken and needs hope. I am going to read a fair amount of it so I don't get lost in the emotion.

It's very personal. It takes me back into a very dark window of time. I am not sure I want to go there again, but I am also thinking after all these years it might be therapeutic. So, we'll do it.

If you want a polished, professional entertainer, don't listen on Saturday. That ain't me. If you want a glimpse into the catalyst for my current success, then you have to peer into the dark hole that I started from in order to understand it.

You can hear it Saturday. Bits and pieces of it have been shared on the forum, but I have never talked about this publicly before.

So... here we go. If one single person out there can be lifted up by realizing you can crash and burn and survive... it will have been worth it. I will talk with you all on Saturday.

Hello @Vigilante,

I would love to hear this episode, a lot.

I know the links say 'page not found' but I have a great hope that you may have it somewhere in your PC/Mac.

This is the most REAL piece of my story I have ever released.

http://www.twincitiesnewstalk.com/o...4/mind-your-business-is-college-the-13032812/

Skip up and start listening from 25:20 to the end.

If you want to hear my story. If you think you're done. If you don't know where to start.

I will get this podcast going again at some point, but if I never do another show again, my legacy is recorded for you in this link starting at minute 25.

When I hear it, it takes me directly into looking into a dark abyss that many of you are looking at today.

I hope this podcast gives you encouragement to press through.

Is this the same episode as above?

Grant my wish, Vig.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
►►Special Announcement : Mind Your Business is Back On The Air◄◄

After the longest sabbatical in history, the Mind Your Business small business show with David Happe will be back with on demand media starting Saturday morning, May 6th.

We'll be podcasting and occasionally live broadcasting on the Spreaker app on iOS and Android, and you will be able to listen on Spotify, TuneIN, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, or directly from the Spreaker App on your phone every Saturday.

Tune in Saturday mornings starting Saturday, May 6th around 11AM Eastern, 8AM Pacific.

You can follow the show for updates at Mind Your Business

We will obviously post the links here until MJ either becomes a sponsor or makes me buy an ad. :)

#mybradio #mindyourbusiness #MYBlive #iHeartRadio

Mind Your Business

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I plan to ease back into this.

With the first broadcast (which will actually be a podcast), to get the cobwebs out, for Saturday May 6th I will do an abbreviated version of a talk I gave a few years back at the Fastlane Forum called : In the Belly of the Beast --- what I learned while working at Walmart Corporate.

The only time I have ever talked about this content before was at the meet-up. What people remember the most from it was the short discussion on RUTHLESS EXPENSE REDUCTION.

I hope you have fun with this and I am looking forward to a somewhat interactive medium once we alternate over to live streaming down the road a bit. - Dave

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
►►Special Announcement : Mind Your Business is Back On The Air◄◄

After the longest sabbatical in history, the Mind Your Business small business show with David Happe will be back with on demand media starting Saturday morning, May 6th.

We'll be podcasting and occasionally live broadcasting on the Spreaker app on iOS and Android, and you will be able to listen on Spotify, TuneIN, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, or directly from the Spreaker App on your phone every Saturday.

Tune in Saturday mornings starting Saturday, May 6th around 11AM Eastern, 8AM Pacific.

You can follow the show for updates at Mind Your Business

#mybradio #mindyourbusiness #MYBlive #iHeartRadio

View attachment 32391

Mind Your Business

GrouchyMelodicIsabellinewheatear-size_restricted.gif

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

You know (because I think you used to listen to the show?) that I am a relatively stammering speaker. Oh well. F*ck 'em if they don't like it.

I have a face for radio, and a voice not for radio. Usually when I call a business on the phone and they need to put me on hold, they say "hold on a minute ma'am" and when they come back on the phone I try and drop my voice a few octaves.

At some point, I will try and re-do the show where I talked about my darkest day. If possible, I will try and recover the original audio from my friends at iHeartMedia because I am not sure if I can do it as well, and I am not sure I want the journey into that dark hole again but if I can't get the original audio for rebroadcast @Roz a few weeks into the show I will talk through it again.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Cat Lady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Apr 26, 2018
Portland, OR
If you need help with figuring out the world of talk radio syndication and radio stuff, let me know. I am a co-owner at a radio station and have a syndicated radio show. It's a slow industry, very entrenched, but there's nothing like it.

Ironically, I got into it partially because I have had a very deep voice, even as tiny child, and everyone told me I had a voice for radio. But I always tell guests that they *think* they their voice doesn't work for radio, but only in extremely rare cases is that actually true. Everyone hates the sound of their own voice (at first, you eventually grow used to it if you work in the field).

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
You know (because I think you used to listen to the show?) that I am a relatively stammering speaker. Oh well. F*ck 'em if they don't like it.

I have a face for radio, and a voice not for radio. Usually when I call a business on the phone and they need to put me on hold, they say "hold on a minute ma'am" and when they come back on the phone I try and drop my voice a few octaves.

At some point, I will try and re-do the show where I talked about my darkest day. If possible, I will try and recover the original audio from my friends at iHeartMedia because I am not sure if I can do it as well, and I am not sure I want the journey into that dark hole again but if I can't get the original audio for rebroadcast @Roz a few weeks into the show I will talk through it again.

I did not hear you stammer.

Will you have your daughter & son on again?

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I did not hear you stammer.

Will you have your daughter & son on again?

As topic related special guests. I will get a few people from the forum on also.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Update : We are working on the technology side of the Spreaker platform for the re-launch of Mind Your Business. We're targeting next Saturday for the first pre-recorded show, but I will update you here when everything is set. This may drift by a week, but I will let you know for sure later this week. And, since it's going to be media on demand, you'll be able to catch it when ever.

What I CAN tell you is that we've lined up the first guest for the first new show.

Stephen Hilgart (@Kung Fu Steve) advises and consults with Fortune 500 companies, executives, managers and sales professionals in the areas of Peak Performance, leadership, organizational behavior, psychology of achievement, and sales. Steve has started, build, and sold 3 successful businesses and created a unique “rags to riches” story that has inspired thousands. He now tours nationally and speaks to corporations about strategy, motivation, organizational and individual change.

I asked Steve to speak with us about "how to survive and thrive through times of adversity." We'll talk through some practical tools to overcoming fear and maintaining mental strength during hard times. Expect to gain some refreshment through Steve's unique and positive coaching strategies and positive energy. This just might be the 30 minutes you need(ed) to overcome challenges, both real and psychological, to get you heading towards your next mountaintop.

Also, I expect to be able to make a special announcement at the end of the first show about a collaboration between Mind Your Business, @MJ DeMarco and the Fa$tlane Forum.

Stay tuned for the actual show release announcement later this week, and make sure to Mind Your Business - Dave

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Update : We are working on the technology side of the Spreaker platform for the re-launch of Mind Your Business. We're targeting next Saturday for the first pre-recorded show, but I will update you here when everything is set. This may drift by a week, but I will let you know for sure later this week. And, since it's going to be media on demand, you'll be able to catch it when ever.

What I CAN tell you is that we've lined up the first guest for the first new show.

Stephen Hilgart (@Kung Fu Steve) advises and consults with Fortune 500 companies, executives, managers and sales professionals in the areas of Peak Performance, leadership, organizational behavior, psychology of achievement, and sales. Steve has started, build, and sold 3 successful businesses and created a unique “rags to riches” story that has inspired thousands. He now tours nationally and speaks to corporations about strategy, motivation, organizational and individual change.

I asked Steve to speak with us about "how to survive and thrive through times of adversity." We'll talk through some practical tools to overcoming fear and maintaining mental strength during hard times. Expect to gain some refreshment through Steve's unique and positive coaching strategies and positive energy. This just might be the 30 minutes you need(ed) to overcome challenges, both real and psychological, to get you heading towards your next mountaintop.

Also, I expect to be able to make a special announcement at the end of the first show about a collaboration between Mind Your Business, @MJ DeMarco and the Fa$tlane Forum.

Stay tuned for the actual show release announcement later this week, and make sure to Mind Your Business - Dave

Looking forwards to it!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
If you need help with figuring out the world of talk radio syndication and radio stuff, let me know. I am a co-owner at a radio station and have a syndicated radio show. It's a slow industry, very entrenched, but there's nothing like it.

Ironically, I got into it partially because I have had a very deep voice, even as tiny child, and everyone told me I had a voice for radio. But I always tell guests that they *think* they their voice doesn't work for radio, but only in extremely rare cases is that actually true. Everyone hates the sound of their own voice (at first, you eventually grow used to it if you work in the field).

I can't wait to get your off the record critique after I get a few shows under my belt again. We were killing it in the Twin Cities with iHeartMedia (just when Clear Channel became iHeart) and I can't wait to get back in the saddle. I already know who our national sponsors will be... they just don't know it yet. Eventually I want to take Saturday morning garbage time and bring real value content to people that are sick of their 9-5.

Last edited:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
The "prequel" edition of the Mind Your Business radio show will release tomorrow morning, Saturday at 11AM Eastern time here in the United States. I didn't get organized quickly enough to include @Kung Fu Steve so we'll see if we can get together before next Saturday's show.

The podcast tomorrow has me shaking the cobwebs out of my head and getting back in the groove. The main topic was sparked by an article in Entrepreneur Magazine called "C0VlD-19 Will Fuel the Next Wave of Innovation." You can read that article now at Facebook.com/mybradio.

Stay tuned at the end of the podcast for a little teaser about something MJ and I are working out for INSIDERS here at the FastLane Forum.

Thanks... hope you enjoy it as I get back in the saddle. For now, I know you will be able to listen on the Spreaker App or directly on the web at Mind Your Business Radio

We'll be podcasting and occasionally live broadcasting on the Spreaker app on iOS and Android, and you will be able to listen on Spotify, TuneIN, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, or directly from the Spreaker App on your phone every Saturday. Not sure yet how to feed the platforms outside of Spreaker, but I'll post updates when the show is available on these other platforms as well.

Thanks! Love to hear your comments, criticism and topic suggestions as we get rolling again. - Dave

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

Everyone always told me I had a face for radio

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
We're adding distribution links this week. So I don't keep needlessly bumping this thread, I will edit this post as more platforms come on line :

Apple Podcasts: ‎Mind Your Business on Apple Podcasts
Spreaker : Mind Your Business Radio
Spotify : https://open.spotify.com/show/4q17DD5hMvyzXmk93N1jqu
iHeartRadio: https://www.iheart.com/podcast/966-...re&sc=ios_social_share&pr=false&autoplay=true
Google Podcasts: Mind Your Business
Castbox: Mind Your Business | Listen Free on Castbox.
Podcast Addict : Podplayer - Podcast Addict web player
Podchaser : Mind Your Business
Deezer: Mind Your Business
SoundCloud: MYBRadio (Add that to the SoundCloud.com/ URL)
YouTube: Mind Your Business
Jiosaavn : Mind Your Business - Saavn - English Podcast - Stream and Listen Free Online - JioSaavn
Overcast : Mind Your Business — Overcast

If you are a YouTube fan, please subscribe to our channel there as we stream some video content that won't be seen elsewhere.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.