The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kyle Keegan Radio Show

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
What would it take to upgrade that to the best?
That’s a good question. I’m interested to hear his answer as well. I am already irritated by big names that I think suck…

I could be wrong, but I think the delivery is spot the hell on. It’s the content that only appeals to 1% of the population. Gee I wonder why…

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
What would it take to upgrade that to the best?
Impossible. The best one I knew was my mentor. He passed away a few years ago.

The second best one I knew of was Rush Limbaugh. Neither Kyle or I are Rush Limbaugh.

He’s a strong contender for third place, and he’s better than I am at this.

He’s never decided to go all in on this, but if he did, he could win. However, I’m privy to the other things he’s working on, and that’s not likely to happen.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Impossible. The best one I knew was my mentor. He passed away a few years ago.

The second best one I knew of was Rush Limbaugh. Neither Kyle or I are Rush Limbaugh.

He’s a strong contender for third place, and he’s better than I am at this.

He’s never decided to go all in on this, but if he did, he could win. However, I’m privy to the other things he’s working on, and that’s not likely to happen.
That would make me the best business host living.

That’s pretty flattering, but total bullshit when you consider the other greats like Ken Coleman. :rofl:

I can’t even type that with a straight face. The fact that Ken Coleman is a bestselling author and a popular nationally syndicated radio show boggles the mind. His show is incredibly bad and his advice is what you’d expect from a 60k a year employee with the title “analyst.”

“Does your boss not let you take enough restroom breaks? Find out what you can do about it today on the Ken Coleman show.”

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

@Kak I really think it comes down to marketing, not making the show better. The show is awesome.

But all the shows that are super duper uber popular have lots of guests and cross-references with other super-uber popular podcasts and shows. It's all about that cross-pollinizing to get audiences from others' podcasts, websites, readerships, etc...

Might have to swallow your pride and do more of that? It seems like a lot of pandering. I see guys like Tim Ferriss make shows about nothing, but get huuuge followings just because of the way he networks.

His shows are not good IMO. But his networking and connections and other guests just make him blow up.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@Kak I really think it comes down to marketing, not making the show better. The show is awesome.

But all the shows that are super duper uber popular have lots of guests and cross-references with other super-uber popular podcasts and shows. It's all about that cross-pollinizing to get audiences from others' podcasts, websites, readerships, etc...

Might have to swallow your pride and do more of that? It seems like a lot of pandering. I see guys like Tim Ferriss make shows about nothing, but get huuuge followings just because of the way he networks.

His shows are not good IMO. But his networking and connections and other guests just make him blow up.
I agree with you completely. My issue is when the marketing becomes the content, my show becomes a useless lie like everything else.

That is how every YouTube channel, social media influencer, and popular “business” podcast does it. The content SUCKS a$$ because the content is the marketing. Every episode is an a$$ kissing interview with some big name person that will get a lot of clicks. If it isn’t, it’s clickbait. “7 steps to a trillion.” “The final actual 100% dead on secret to getting rich!!!!!!!”

I’m not sacrificing the content on the alter of marketing. I’d rather have 500 listeners than play the influencer orgy game.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think the delivery is spot the hell on.
The audio is amazing Kyle.

Two thoughts:

1) Discoverability:
  • Podcasts don't have much (any?) discoverability.
  • How are you getting the podcast in front of new people?
When you do get the podcast in front of new people, how will you get them to listen to the episode in front of them, and how will you hook them to keep listening to the end, subscribing, telling their friends, etc?

2) The start of each episode:

Listening to the start of your latest episode:

It starts with an ad, then your jingle, then you explain what the show's about, then you recap the last episode, then you give an update about the show frequency and ads, and then...

at 3:31 you say "At this point I don't really have a tonne of listeners"

... which is you now fulfilling the promise in the title of "The Future of KKRS ..." and the promise in the INFO part:

1679438332254.png

A lot of podcasts start like this:
  1. A gold nugget sentence or two extracted from the rest of the podcast.
  2. Quick jingle/intro thing.
  3. An intro by the host about what this episode is about.
  4. Straight into the meat.

An example:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The audio is amazing Kyle.

Two thoughts:

1) Discoverability:
  • Podcasts don't have much (any?) discoverability.
  • How are you getting the podcast in front of new people?
When you do get the podcast in front of new people, how will you get them to listen to the episode in front of them, and how will you hook them to keep listening to the end, subscribing, telling their friends, etc?

2) The start of each episode:

Listening to the start of your latest episode:

It starts with an ad, then your jingle, then you explain what the show's about, then you recap the last episode, then you give an update about the show frequency and ads, and then...

at 3:31 you say "At this point I don't really have a tonne of listeners"

... which is you now fulfilling the promise in the title of "The Future of KKRS ..." and the promise in the INFO part:

View attachment 47805

A lot of podcasts start like this:
  1. A gold nugget sentence or two extracted from the rest of the podcast.
  2. Quick jingle/intro thing.
  3. An intro by the host about what this episode is about.
  4. Straight into the meat.

An example:
I listened in the airport this morning. For some reason the part where you start didn't happen till 5 minutes in. Maybe the ad was longer?

The part about fractional banking was super interesting. Could that be a standalone episode, so it answers that one specific question, which makes it more shareable and maybe discoverable?

Also, you mention you chatted about gold in precious episodes. Maybe you could mention the episode number so people go find it and binge your episodes? Maybe episodes could be more "discrete" (I can't think of the word)?

I think there's a large market for your podcast, in particular those already in business. Those already in business are even more appreciative of short and discrete.

I like some of Alex Hormozi's podcasts. He appeals to people in motion as well as beginners. He also manages to put a lot of preamble at the start of episodes into the first minute.

An example:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
AKA a “perfect mix of masculine and intellectual” radio show.

Credit: @Subsonic

Sub-credit: “I didn’t make it up, but helped spread it” @BizyDad

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
AKA a “perfect mix of masculine and intellectual” radio show.

Credit: @Subsonic

Sub-credit: “I didn’t make it up, but helped spread it” @BizyDad

I await the future @Droopynips episode.

This dude claims to hold a 2 hour plank.

I'd like verification please. A radio show seems like the perfect venue for that.

I don't know, you might have other criteria for your guests.

Screenshot_20230402-160156.png

I can’t tell if I need to give it some bass boost now.

Clearly not sir.

When a German judges you to be the perfect mix of masculine and intellectual, you do not mess with the formula. That is a people known for precision, having produced Bach, Beethoven, Brahms and BMW's.

The market has spoken sir.

I’m not sacrificing the content on the alter of marketing. I’d rather have 500 listeners than play the influencer orgy game.

Perhaps, the lesson here is you've been marketing your radio show in the wrong country?

But who am I to question the master, the leader, the veritable originator of the

:bolt: Mascullectual Movement :bolt:

Feel free to trademark that. Or use it as your forum tagline. @Kak the original mascullectual.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
I caught cold after taking too long of a cold plunge on friday so I was depleted this weekend, but I will make a recording of a 2 hour plank attempt soon because it is already on my training regimen for this month.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I await the future @Droopynips episode.

I'd like verification please. A radio show seems like the perfect venue for that.

I don't know, you might have other criteria for your guests.

View attachment 48128

Clearly not sir.

When a German judges you to be the perfect mix of masculine and intellectual, you do not mess with the formula. That is a people known for precision, having produced Bach, Beethoven, Brahms and BMW's.

The market has spoken sir.

Perhaps, the lesson here is you've been marketing your radio show in the wrong country?

But who am I to question the master, the leader, the veritable originator of the

:bolt: Mascullectual Movement :bolt:

Feel free to trademark that. Or use it as your forum tagline. @Kak the original mascullectual.
5F625DFC-750F-470E-AF52-4FF88E06E90C.jpeg

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I love the show @Kak And will still listen when you release an episode.

just an idea that maybe you haven't pondered.

I noticed you release the podcast in audio format, have you considered releasing the podcast in a video format aswell? I believe just that itself should increase your reach and market more effectively.

People on youtube come to watch videos, and I think the videos would be much more successful. It should help you connect with your audience on a more personal level aswell

Funky Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 3, 2022
With over 300 episodes, the Kyle Keegan Radio Show broadcasts the virtue of meaningful entrepreneurial and mutual exchange. This is a contrarian radio show that embraces producing entrepreneurs and challenges the status quo.

KKRS is not the onepreneur show. It doesn’t embrace a "4-Hour Workweek." It is about building businesses that are bigger than just us; and living the life of producers, leaders and capitalists.

Edit for 2023:

For the life of KKRS I have thrown an umbrella over the entire category of entrepreneurship and addressed ALL who considered themselves entrepreneurs even though I focused on enterprise building and visionary leadership of something bigger than you.

There is still value in these episodes for everyone seeking such a journey, but I am no longer going to make this about all entrepreneurs. There is plenty of hustle bro, all about money and play, content out there. KKRS is different and is making a clear differentiation.

KKRS is for entrepreneurs that seek to change the world for the better.
KKRS has always been the show for entrepreneurs who find more meaning in their work than in yachts, cars, and travel.
KKRS is for entrepreneurs that are not interested in "dying with zero."
KKRS is for entrepreneurs that understand that despite their desire to build multi-generational wealth, that money is an effect, not a cause... an effect of great value, leadership, meaning, and an adventurous journey in business.

I understand this will fly directly in the face of many (onepreneur, consultant, freelance) mindsets here. Please know I respect others' rights to do whatever they please, but respectfully don't and won't see it that way personally, and I believe I have created a compelling case for my thinking.

People will address entrepreneurs with big goals with scrutiny. “When is enough, enough?” they ask.

A true entrepreneur, is an artist, his business is his canvas. It has little to do with the accumulation of more money. Most world changing titan entrepreneurs are artists that find meaning in their work.

Is it appropriate to ask an artist when they’ve painted enough paintings? Is it appropriate to ask an author when they’ve written enough books? A musical band when they’ve written enough songs and played enough shows? Professional athletes that have won enough games. If it was all about money, they would be done after their first big financial success.

Suggesting they should stop because they’ve done enough is absurd when they find meaning in their work. Thankfully they don’t. Thankfully they continue to bring enjoyable content into the world.

Likewise, be thankful for CEOs that have long had enough money to quit, but don’t. Be thankful that they continue to challenge the status quo and provide the world with more value and opportunity.

When is enough, enough? When is enough meaningful work enough? Never.

Check out the podcast anywhere you listen to podcasts. Let me know what you think!
I've been on the fourm for a year now I for some reason I just now discovered this podcast. Thank you I hate all these "soloprenuer" "Chase the bag" motherf*ckers. Money is just a tool.

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
I agree with Andy about the intro being way too long, recapping previous episodes is too much, it makes it hard to binge listen, you listen to one episode then hear it recapped again in the next one.

I’m not sure what your goals are with this, and this may and probably won’t align with them, but hubspot is buying up all the business podcasts and cross promoting them with each other, could you get a deal with them? You’re consistent and the content is good, you just need promotion which they could do. They get a podcast with good consistent content and you get promotion.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
@MitchC

Thanks for the advice I contacted Hubspot.

As far as the intro is concerned, I’ve considered changing it, but:

1. The show is organized like a radio show. So big intros and reminders of what you’re listening to is the norm. The reason, because the hope has always been a syndicated radio deal, not compete with less formal podcasts.

2. The recap, I personally like it because it allows me, frankly, to quickly and often more powerfully tie up the last episode. I often get some more time to think about how I structured my arguments and how I could have done better. It givers me a chance to one-up myself before I move on and often bridge the episodes. Some of my best content is in the recaps.

3. The recap kind of provides a summary for someone who is new to the show, so they are hooked faster than a long form built argument, and hence might stick around for the long form.

4. Anyone annoyed can always skip ahead.

Whatever the needs of syndicators, I’ll probably just ultimately follow their flow.

So, as you can see, there’s more thought that has gone into this than you and @Andy Black might have thought. The long term fans don’t care and will still listen, and an explanation of the values of the show, and some cliff notes in the last episode, might hook the short term.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Maybe you should change your logo.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
In this episode we go over optics... How you are perceived by the market...

So many entrepreneurs LOVE to act like they don't care what other people think. They do so at their own expense.

The market decides what companies are and are not successful. The market is comprised of people you influence. This is an objective truth.

What happens when you soil your name? What happens when you build your name?

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Anyone that tries to reason entrepreneurship into: luck, a scam, not a real career, unrealistic, or a waste of time is someone that doesn’t know where their bread comes from. There are a lot of people that clearly don't know where their bread comes from.

Let's build upon a solid foundation of understanding:

1. If you want to be the 1% you have to do things only 1% of people do.
2. Taking advice from people you wouldn't want to be like is dumb.
3. The world around you has literally been civilized by entrepreneurship.

In today's episode I address the following objections, by the ignorant, in opposition to entrepreneurship.

-You don't have enough skills... Well I hope that isn't a permanent condition.
-You don't have enough money... Why are we trying to use our own money?
-Not enough experience... How about proof?
-Pay your dues... No.
-It is risky... Risk is a choice.
-You have a family... Good, most successful entrepreneurs do.
-You could fail... You probably will fail, but how far you fall is a choice.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany

Anyone that tries to reason entrepreneurship into: luck, a scam, not a real career, unrealistic, or a waste of time is someone that doesn’t know where their bread comes from. There are a lot of people that clearly don't know where their bread comes from.

In today's episode I address the following objections, by the ignorant, in opposition to entrepreneurship.

-Pay your dues... No.
Thanks for releasing this, I'm listening as soon as it's on spotify.

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Biggest takeaway - I need to do stop being late to stuff & start properly thinking like the 1%. Thank you for the episode, it has a lot of value.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

-Pay your dues... No.
Thank you for this episode Kyle. Doing gods work. Looking forward to listening!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Biggest takeaway - I need to do stop being late to stuff & start properly thinking like the 1%. Thank you for the episode, it has a lot of value.
It’s not just “stop being late.” Building on the why… It respects other people’s time and it is part of a good reputation of reliability and competence needed to lead.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.