The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Kyle Keegan Radio Show

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yours is clearly original and/or a commentary on other people's content.

It's the YouTube/TikTok channels that just post extracts from other people's videos with no commentary or transformation that I don't understand. Are they just trying to avoid being seen, or are they genuinely fair use?

According to what I’ve been reading this morning, they are definitely exposed. Those are likely accounts that will eventually get pulled down. You don’t see famous real people with giant audiences doing that because they want to protect their account and not get sued.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
According to what I’ve been reading this morning, they are definitely exposed. Those are likely accounts that will eventually get pulled down. You don’t see famous real people with giant audiences doing that because they want to protect their account and not get sued.
Yeah, seems that way to me too.

I even watched this last night to try figure it out...

View: https://youtu.be/MSCSh7ZVtCc

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I just opened a communication with the talk programming VP at SiriusXM!

We shall see if I can pique her interest. It should be a no brainer. Solid content, high quality, and not some overrated influencer that will want a $10 million contract. If something works out, it should be great for the forum too.

Last edited:

Mammoth

Amor Fati
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Dec 4, 2019
México
So I went and liked your Shorts on YT. Thought it might help with the reach, but I asked my girlfriend about it (she's been on YT for 9 years) and she said that the most important thing to the algorithm is watch time. Whatever keeps people on the platform consuming is king.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I like what this data says about these shorts on YouTube.

C44A0883-3D32-432F-ABB3-3D4799D68382.jpeg2680ABFB-54F5-4C34-9B58-C223752FF5C3.jpeg869F43BD-29B6-4D7A-8FAA-280393646139.jpeg

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I like what this data says about these shorts on YouTube.

View attachment 45143View attachment 45144View attachment 45145
Bet their locations are in the US for both YouTube and TikTok. TikTok is localised to your area. If you do well there then they start showing further afield. My TikTok videos show in Ireland and the UK mostly... hard for me to show in the US at the moment.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You changed your Show Title from Radio Show to Podcast?
Thought I would try it out. No real reason. It's not like it's on the radio yet. It makes it a little clearer where to find me rather than my seemingly unvaluable insistence that it's "like radio."

I would say the show is more like a radio format than most podcasts, that's why I kept it so long, but it is in fact a podcast. Most podcasts are just interviews of guests for every episode. On a radio show IMO the host is the dominant figure, just like my format.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The Kyle Keegan Show maybe? Then it can expand from audio to video if you want.

In your video Kyle, you can see the captions are covered by the description and other TikTok icons.

I add a square overlay and make sure captions show in it and with a wide enough margin on the right. Then I remove the overlay before exporting the video.

Here's how your captions look on TikTok:

Have you thought of recording videos of you talking? That's always going to do better than a static image.

What if your were recording your show as video and audio? Put the full-length video on YouTube as well as having the audio distributed where it currently goes?

Pulling out extracts from your long YouTube videos could work really well too. Many short videos are pulled from longer conversations, although that can be harder and less effective than scripting and recording a dedicated short.

I'm using a teleprompter on my phone for my short videos. It's a new learning curve. MJ's doing pretty good with his teleprompter.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
@Andy Black - perfect suggestion on the name.

I’m not as big on “podcast”, for some reason I liked “radio show” better.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Part three in our leadership series is up. I hope you all enjoy this one as much as I enjoyed recording it.

Whether it be the season of sowing, or dealing with obstacles, a leader has to shoulder a lot. It is intentional though. No one EVER unintentionally builds a multi-million-dollar business.

Once they do build incredible businesses, leaders also don't rob others of due credit.

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
This one took me a little here and there over 4 hours today between a couple of landscapers chasing three leaves up and down my street with backpack blowers.

@MTF I hate lawns now. ;):rofl:

The biggest enemy to our best isn't always some disaster... Most of the time it is whatever is second best. Leaders don't settle.

Leaders, by definition, help people out of where they are, to where they are going, but one of the hardest parts of being a leader is being the source of that same stretch in our own lives.

Glad to wrap up the leadership series. I have some other stuff I have been anxious to get to.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

We have reached peak media retardation. They just lie with zero regard for truth.

California sucks for mandating them. That’s where the controversy should begin and end.

"wE NeeED tO hAte iT cUz iTs eLectRic"
"9mm BloWs a lUng ouT oF tHE boDY"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZbJ7PFlnH8

Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Recorded another short one about the affordability of real estate in rising interest rates. The math is pretty nuts.
Good work. I like 10 minute podcasts. I end up binging on them too.

I know you know this... Uncertainy causes house prices to decrease too. Buyers deciding to stay put and see what happens means sellers have to drop prices to chase the reduced pool of buyers.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Good work. I like 10 minute podcasts. I end up binging on them too.

I know you know this... Uncertainy causes house prices to decrease too. Buyers deciding to stay put and see what happens means sellers have to drop prices to chase the reduced pool of buyers.
Yeah I think I’m going to have a healthy mix of long and short form going forward. It’s so much less of a commitment to find 10 minutes to make a short off the cuff video than a 30-40 minute long form organized presentation which can take an hour+ to produce.

I read something about a process called Know, Like, Trust.

People are in one of three categories when it comes to your influence.

The first one is they know you. They know who you are and what you’re about, but don’t really follow.

The second level is they like you, and they begin to follow because they know you long enough to realize they like you. They don’t necessarily want to invest hours in following you, but they’ll occasionally enjoy what you do.

The premier level is they trust you. That’s where they liked you long enough to invest some time in your content. They will look forward to long form content and excitedly listen whenever possible.

I have always had content for the trust category, but it’s a funnel. I have largely ignored my knows and likes. So short form is fun for me and plays to the “like” people specifically.

My TikTok stuff helps get me known.

It all evidently works together. Ugh. 2022.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Yeah I think I’m going to have a healthy mix of long and short form going forward. It’s so much less of a commitment to find 10 minutes to make a short off the cuff video than a 30-40 minute long form organized presentation which can take an hour+ to produce.

The first one is they know you. They know who you are and what you’re about, but don’t really follow.

The second level is they like you, and they begin to follow because they know you long enough to realize they like you. They don’t necessarily want to invest hours in following you, but they’ll occasionally enjoy what you do.

The premier level is they trust you. That’s where they liked you long enough to invest some time in your content. They will look forward to long form content and excitedly listen whenever possible.

I have always had content for the trust category, but it’s a funnel. I have largely ignored my knows and likes. So short form is fun for me and plays to the like people specifically.

It all evidently works together.
Genius strategy. Kind of like a loss leader to get your foot in the door.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
TikTok and YouTube Shorts gets us in front of new people. I imagine it as the first and potentially only time they come across us, so I'll try put my best foot forward.

Then some will check out our profile and/or library.

Then some will go deeper.

The long form stuff builds the relationships.

I think the sub 60s, 5-8min, then long-form, is a good combo/progression.

I even had a comment on one of my TikToks asking me to do a longer video to elaborate.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
TikTok and YouTube Shorts gets us in front of new people. I imagine it as the first and potentially only time they come across us, so I'll try put my best foot forward.

Then some will check out our profile and/or library.

Then some will go deeper.

The long form stuff builds the relationships.

I think the sub 60s, 5-8min, then long-form, is a good combo.

I even had a comment on one of my TikToks asking me to do a longer video to elaborate.
Yep, I think it’s completes the loop perfectly.

Sometimes I think doing business in the 1950s would be more fun. Calls business, saves them money, lights a cigarette. Loop completed. :rofl:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yep, I think it’s completes the loop perfectly.

Sometimes I think doing business in the 1950s would be more fun. Calls business, saves them money, lights a cigarette. Loop completed. :rofl:
I'm old school. I default to 1-2-1 chats.

Forums and online communities have been great because those chats can be in public.

Publishing content feels a bit alien to me, but it's a massive opportunity to reach more people.

The trick is to figure out how to do it, while staying true to yourself and your personal brand.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

I have always had content for the trust category, but it’s a funnel. I have largely ignored my knows and likes. So short form is fun for me and plays to the “like” people specifically.

It all evidently works together. Ugh. 2022.
Love this. Super interesting - know, like, trust..

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Love this. Super interesting - know, like, trust..
I think it's not "know, like, trust" *us*. It's "know, like, trust" our content, product, or service.

People don't have to like *us* to buy from us (or listen to us). And we can like a person but not be interested in their products/content.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I think it's not "know, like, trust" *us*. It's "know, like, trust" our content, product, or service.

People don't have to like *us* to buy from us (or listen to us). And we can like a person but not be interested in their products/content.
Yes, but in terms of a radio show. I am the product.

I’m not on the radio to get new industrial clients. Corporate buyers for oil and gas companies don’t care as much about inspired entrepreneurship as I care about their 3 series BMW lease.

I’m doing it for future opportunity that comes with the respect of many. The market is totally different. Your market and content lines up and it helps tremendously if your audience likes you.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

As promised to those of you who listened to yesterday's shorts... This was a great discussion that did so much more than just put a toxic concept on trial. It was a great lesson in leadership honestly. Thank you @Antifragile for joining me once again.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
Thanks for having me on your show again, Kyle. Always a pleasure.

And… @SteveO was part of the inspiration for this chat. Tune in Steve. :)

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014

As promised to those of you who listened to yesterday's shorts... This was a great discussion that did so much more than just put a toxic concept on trial. It was a great lesson in leadership honestly. Thank you @Antifragile for joining me once again.
Loved this!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.