The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Hi folks, a client needed my help with a complete redesign of their website.

So, I got to work on a landing page and they're now getting a conversion rate of over 30% (visitors going to their contact page to request pricing).

I'm very excited for them and they're now getting ready to send paid traffic to the landing page.

Here's a video that I made breaking down the design, the conversion rate optimization techniques used and my approach to copywriting.

Here's a screenshot of the landing page:

Please feel free to ask any questions about conversion optimization and if you want to watch more videos like this then visit my channel here.

Chris McCarron

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Sorry if it's unrelated but it's so different seeing a website "with an aerial view" of the whole thing. It's like a poster. My inner graphic designer got swoon for a moment.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Nice work. Subscribed.

Did you use a landing page builder by the way?

Thanks for subscribing!

Yes, we tend to use Unbounce. However, I’m keen to try Webflow.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Sorry if it's unrelated but it's so different seeing a website "with an aerial view" of the whole thing. It's like a poster. My inner graphic designer got swoon for a moment.

Absolutely. Swiss Grid System, typography, photography Etc associated with poster design is all transferable to web design.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I will just drop back into the old forum and promote another YT video...

Is there some reason you can't just post normally and stick around?

Lots of posters on here have Yt channels AND get engaged with the forum in a real way.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Why don't you just make a real Youtube thread and ask for help and feedback?

This is your channel/video stats from the link above.

You are getting okay views on your channels but not a lot of subs or engagement - there is a reason for that and it could be fixed or improved.

But just doing drive-by promotional threads on this forum (or others) isn't going to help you improve.

It might get you a few subs to do this but there won't be any long term growth or engagement if that is your main approach.

If you actually stuck around and were open about your goals people would jump in a help you a lot.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Thanks for the comments FOX and I can see where you're coming from.

It's not about drive-by growth. It's about sharing videos that help people for free.

Thankfully, the comments show that it is helping and if there's enough interest then I'm absolutely up for creating a journey thread.

Blu H

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jun 24, 2018
Venice Beach

It's not about drive-by growth. It's about sharing videos that help people for free.

Thankfully, the comments show that it is helping and if there's enough interest then I'm absolutely up for creating a journey thread.

I think you got it backwards my friend! It's starting your journey thread NOW that will catapult the interest in your Biz - like Fox was mentioning!

Never forget This: Features Tell... But Stories Sell!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

Whats the goal of the channel?

J.F.

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
Apr 14, 2018

You have good intentions but you're missing the first law of sales.

Zig Ziglar said it best: "Nobody cares what you know until they know you care about what they know."

You do these drive-by, click-baity promotions that are off-putting to say the least. You haven't established any sort of trust or reputation of being worth paying attention to, so no one pays attention to you.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
You have good intentions but you're missing the first law of sales.

Zig Ziglar said it best: "Nobody cares what you know until they know you care about what they know."

You do these drive-by, click-baity promotions that are off-putting to say the least. You haven't established any sort of trust or reputation of being worth paying attention to, so no one pays attention to you.

Thanks for the comment, I really appreciate your feedback.

I’m not selling anything. I’m not promoting anything for sale. I’m not looking for attention.

So, I apologise if you thought that I posted this thread to be sales driven or click bait. I simply want to help business owners and entrepreneurs for free.

I’ve included the image above of the landing page and if anyone here wants a breakdown of why it’s designed the way that it is, then they’re welcome to watch the video and ask me questions (if you have any then I would be delighted to answer them).

As a side note, I really like the idea of a journey thread and provided that there’s enough interest to warrant my time, then count me in. So if anyone reading this would like me to go ahead with it, then let me know.

Lastly, if anyone has a landing page or website that they would like me to give feedback on, then shoot me a pm or leave a comment. I would be delighted to cover what I feel works well and what I would rework in a future video.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Guess who's back, back again
Chris McCarron's back, tell a friend

nana-na na na nana-na na na

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I really like the idea of a journey thread and provided that there’s enough interest to warrant my time, then count me in.
You clearly have skills and experience in your field.

Maybe consider this:

“People listen to experts, they follow leaders.” (Dan Gallapoo)

If a sheep wants the rest of the herd to follow she doesn’t wave at them saying “This way. Follow me. Follow me.” She just walks off without looking behind her. Before she knows it she has other sheep following, and she may not even know.

People follow people in motion. You can’t follow someone who’s not in motion.

Just start, keep going, and people will eventually follow if you’re relentlessly pushing forward.

A person in motion is a powerful thing. They create a vacuum behind them and people tuck in.

I talk about it in this thread:

Instead of asking people to PM you, why not have a personal rule to add so much value people PM you of their own accord?

Another thread that might help:

You mention how the landing page is converting like crazy. I think this is another symptom. (To be fair you do then explain it’s converting visitors into enquirers.)

Landing pages don’t convert. People do. It’s probably the biggest mistake people make with landing pages and websites. They forget that it’s all about people.

I’d say my number one piece of advice about increasing “conversion rates” is to stop thinking about landing pages and “traffic”, and think about the people visiting, reading, and reacting to what we’re writing.

People are reacting to your writing Chris. Ask yourself if they’re converting into followers.

These may be of interest:

Hope that helps.

John Clancy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
349%
Feb 23, 2015
FWIW, I thought the video was interesting. Quick, and not too fluffy - appropriate for the audience.

It's always valuable to get a look at a landing page that's converting well, and there were some points that jumped out to me for immediate implementation (e.g. keeping the website as a one-pager & having the About section pop up as a lightbox to keep the focus on the offer --> great!)

I took a quick look at your agency site & Upwork profile. It's clear you've got tons of interesting experience to share (I'm sure you learned some valuable lessons working with FOMO, for instance)... and I, for one, would be interested in hearing more.

If you are interested in participating in the forum, it'd probably be prudent to engage more with content outside of your own threads. When the only time a person's name comes up is when it's to promote their own stuff, people tend to assume (sometimes rightfully, but not always) that they're being nudged towards the top of a funnel.

My 2 cents, anyway. Hope this helps.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
FWIW, I thought the video was interesting. Quick, and not too fluffy - appropriate for the audience.

It's always valuable to get a look at a landing page that's converting well, and there were some points that jumped out to me for immediate implementation (e.g. keeping the website as a one-pager & having the About section pop up as a lightbox to keep the focus on the offer --> great!)

I took a quick look at your agency site & Upwork profile. It's clear you've got tons of interesting experience to share (I'm sure you learned some valuable lessons working with FOMO, for instance)... and I, for one, would be interested in hearing more.

If you are interested in participating in the forum, it'd probably be prudent to engage more with content outside of your own threads. When the only time a person's name comes up is when it's to promote their own stuff, people tend to assume (sometimes rightfully, but not always) that they're being nudged towards the top of a funnel.

My 2 cents, anyway. Hope this helps.

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words.

Re Andy’s comment: Thanks for the list of links and feedback.

People matter for obvious reasons.

People are welcome to PM me for confidential reasons and ease of communication.

Phikey

Fortune favours the bold.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
Nice video but to me you've left out half of the story of the landing page: the traffic.

30% conversion rate is nice but I would have loved to have had some insight into the traffic being sent here.
e.g.
  • were these people that were clicking on a branded search term?
  • were they searching for "2d animation videos"?
  • or even; "2d animation video agency pricing"

A landing page is only as good as the traffic you're sending to it. I actually learned this from @Andy Black about 4 years ago in one of his posts.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
A landing page is only as good as the traffic you're sending to it. I actually learned this from @Andy Black about 4 years ago in one of his posts.

Thanks for watching my video!

100% agree. Traffic is critical. The offer is critical. CRO is critical. The copy is critical. If you have traffic, a solid offer, use the latest CRO techniques and have a tight copy, then you're going to do well.

This is actually something that I've mentioned in previous videos like this one and in this one about cold email marketing.

More often than not, the offer and traffic are overlooked by a lot of people in my industry (copy less so). So, you're quite right to bring this up.

However, with regards to this landing page, the traffic sources remained exactly the same. What did change is the offer, use of CRO techniques and a different copy.

Hopefully, there are a few takeaways in this video that you can implement with your own website to improve conversions.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Me waiting for @Chris McCarron to take ANY interest in ANY thread here at the forum that doesn't involve a link to his YouTube channel.

skeleton-waiting.jpg

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
I really appreciate everyone’s interest in my video, thread and image of the landing page that I designed for Flikli.

If you want me to cover your website or landing page in a video (free exposure) along with my feedback on what I feel works, doesn’t work or could be reworked, then please leave a comment below with your url.

100% free and won’t take up any of your time.

If you have any questions about CRO, copywriting or designing landing pages, then I’m more than happy to answer them in detail.

Thanks once again for your interest in this thread. Very much appreciated!

Vanyka

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 17, 2019
New Zealand
If you have any questions about CRO, copywriting or designing landing pages, then I’m more than happy to answer them in detail.

Hey Chris, thanks for the example and sharing the video - very inspiring. The colour theme is also very fitting for the brand IMHO.

When you have a tick please take a look at my DIY Wordpress landing page. A pro like yourself will immediately pick up on what is wrong and needs improvement.

I appreciate that you are a busy man, and if you have a few suggestions on what I need to improve, it would be epic. I am not getting conversion from it and I spent weeks online learning and tweaking the page but to no avail.

Please take a peek here:
www.kidslearnecommerce.com

I really appreciate your time Chris.
Cheers!

Kepler

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Mar 4, 2015
Scottsdale
Hey Chris, thanks for the example and sharing the video - very inspiring. The colour theme is also very fitting for the brand IMHO.

When you have a tick please take a look at my DIY Wordpress landing page. A pro like yourself will immediately pick up on what is wrong and needs improvement.

I appreciate that you are a busy man, and if you have a few suggestions on what I need to improve, it would be epic. I am not getting conversion from it and I spent weeks online learning and tweaking the page but to no avail.

Please take a peek here:

Cheers!
@Vanyka My quick critique:

-Your site only has 2 call to actions

-The main call to action blends in with the background too much, needs to really contrast the stuff on the page and pop

-The Headline is quiet lengthy
(Try making it short and curiosity inspiring. I.E. Do you want to help your child to be able to make money online?)

Copy needs to walk people through a story, provide value, and social proof

that’s all I got from a 2 minute browse, hope it helps

P.S. try using inspectlet or other session recording software to see what your users do on the funnel and how you are losing them.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow

Please take a peek here:

Cheers!

Absolutely. I think it would make a great video?

Vanyka

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 17, 2019
New Zealand
@Vanyka My quick critique:

-Your site only has 2 call to actions

-The main call to action blends in with the background too much, needs to really contrast the stuff on the page and pop

-The Headline is quiet lengthy
(Try making it short and curiosity inspiring. I.E. Do you want to help your child to be able to make money online?)

Copy needs to walk people through a story, provide value, and social proof

that’s all I got from a 2 minute browse, hope it helps

P.S. try using inspectlet or other session recording software to see what your users do on the funnel and how you are losing them.

Hey Kepler,

Thanks a lot for taking the time :) Yes, it is definitely helpful info and I have noted that down to tweak.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma

I do a lot of posters for music events and never even thought of this for a website, thanks for this insight may give it a whirl with a poster mindset as building a few new sites soon.

Chris McCarron

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 26, 2017
Glasgow
Hey Kepler,

Thanks a lot for taking the time :) Yes, it is definitely helpful info and I have noted that down to tweak.

Would you like me to do a video breakdown similar to the one I posted a link to above?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.